PDA

View Full Version : Major Behind the Music Inconsistency

Wario
15 Oct 2007, 00:33
I have recently read Meat's book "To hell and Back" and can't find it anywhere that he saw his dad after the heated argument. I watched the "To Hell and Back" movie and the Behind the Music thing and they say they reunited with him later after Bat was a hit. Did he ever see his dad again after the heated argument?

just wondering.....

MeatGrl1
15 Oct 2007, 01:10
No he has not as far as I'm aware... I mean realistically if your dad came after you with a knife and slashed your bed and just came after you.. Would you want to see that person again? It would be nice to think that Meat and his father saw each other again on different terms but I doubt after that they met again as Meat had built a life and career for himself.

Pudding
15 Oct 2007, 04:19
Can't say I pay much attention to Meats Dad, but I thought he passed away before Bat Out Of Hell was released.

Pud :twisted:

LucyK!
15 Oct 2007, 10:53
According to the interview Meat did on This Morning to promote the book there was the big fight which prompted Meat leaving, and then they saw each other once more after that and his father had no recollection of what he had done.

In fairness I'm sure any inconsistencies in this story can be excuse given that it's not something that anyone will want to go into major detail about

Kev
15 Oct 2007, 10:59
The film is interesting, but its so full of wrong parts its untrue!

meatloaf-unofficial
15 Oct 2007, 11:09
Don't quote me on this but recently I read or heard it (when I come to think of it) that his dad died in 1972... Not sure but that date with the word Meats Dad rings a bell...

I'll try and find the quote and if so, will post it!

Added: thats it, I was working on my essay and found it somewhere....

mszee
15 Oct 2007, 14:26
The movie wasn't authorized and is full of holes...BUT...I do think they reunited at some point...although I think his father is dead now...

One thing seems to be that he never tours Texas...tells you something...

RadioMaster
15 Oct 2007, 15:31
well, its trying to be one of those blockbusters, they had to change a lot to make the story cheesier.
Especially with the last "my mother said i was special"-scene.

batcity
15 Oct 2007, 17:08
ahh to Hell and back, what a load of crap that was, some parts I can say, did happen but on the whole 80% of the film was junk, just thrown in. I think they should remake it!!!

mszee
15 Oct 2007, 17:09
ahh to Hell and back, what a load of crap that was, some parts I can say, did happen but on the whole 80% of the film was junk, just thrown in. I think they should remake it!!!

There is a problem with that...one version isn't going to be much better than the other...way too many versions of the same stories or conflicting stories...

Pudding
16 Oct 2007, 00:07
Perhaps they should do a Clint Eastwood, he did Letters From Iwo Jima and Land Of Our Fathers. Two films about the same conflict from different sides.

Land Of Our Loafster and Letters From Iwo Jimmy

Wario
16 Oct 2007, 01:05
Perhaps they should do a Clint Eastwood, he did Letters From Iwo Jima and Land Of Our Fathers. Two films about the same conflict from different sides.

Land Of Our Loafster and Letters From Iwo Jimmy

Wrong thread? :lurk:

Pudding
16 Oct 2007, 04:16
No it isn't, it was a progression of the conversation from one thing to another. Granted, I might have tried to inject a bit of humour into my post which has gone over your head, but the point was a follow on from previous posts made. In that, it would be good to see the same thing from both Meats point of view and Jims point of view.

mszee
16 Oct 2007, 14:31
No it isn't, it was a progression of the conversation from one thing to another. Granted, I might have tried to inject a bit of humour into my post which has gone over your head, but the point was a follow on from previous posts made. In that, it would be good to see the same thing from both Meats point of view and Jims point of view.

Yeah, well...every fan might dream about that...but the chances of THAT happening are null...the thing is...even if we have some anecdotes from Meat's childhood/teenage years...Steinman seems to have sprung fully grown out of nowhere in particular...

So I don't see movie or book based on his life any time soon...

RadioMaster
16 Oct 2007, 17:23
id really be interested in an autobiography by jimmy. as you said, you know nearly nothing aobut him.
studied at amhurst, started out writing musicals, wrires and produces music/musicals, lives in NY, and thats it...

mszee
16 Oct 2007, 17:44
id really be interested in an autobiography by jimmy. as you said, you know nearly nothing aobut him.
studied at amhurst, started out writing musicals, wrires and produces music/musicals, lives in NY, and thats it...

Can you imagine childhood and youth SO bad in your opinion that you want completely obliterate it?

RadioMaster
16 Oct 2007, 18:05
i dont really think he doesnt talk about it, because he had a bad childhood, its just not his way to talk about private stuff.
For example, does anyone know anything about his family? is he married? does he have children?
He keeps all the personal stuff to himself

SamCat
16 Oct 2007, 23:04
Rj i think we do kinda know that he has children!!

RadioMaster
16 Oct 2007, 23:06
lol, yeah we do

Pudding
17 Oct 2007, 00:17
For example, does anyone know anything about
his family? is he married? does he have children?

He has a brother called Bill (I think) he's not married, never has been, not even in a past life, he doesn't have any children. His Dad had something to do with the steel industry if I remember correctly. That's about all there is out there.

mszee
17 Oct 2007, 00:18
Rj i think we do kinda know that he has children!!

:shock:

Are you his long lost daughter???

mszee
17 Oct 2007, 00:19
i dont really think he doesnt talk about it, because he had a bad childhood, its just not his way to talk about private stuff.
For example, does anyone know anything about his family? is he married? does he have children?
He keeps all the personal stuff to himself

This is beyond private...I think...

RadioMaster
17 Oct 2007, 00:22
He has a brother called Bill (I think) he's not married, never has been, not even in a past life, he doesn't have any children. His Dad had something to do with the steel industry if I remember correctly. That's about all there is out there.

thats not all: we know tha susan took his virginity

Evil One
17 Oct 2007, 00:34
Plus we know he wrote the Rocky Horror Show and he used to be a cat.

Wario
17 Oct 2007, 02:10
Plus we know he wrote the Rocky Horror Show and he used to be a cat.

OMG , thats so freaky ......... he wrote the RHPS

RadioMaster
17 Oct 2007, 18:20
OMG , thats so freaky ......... he wrote the RHPS

he didnt....just an insider joke
(richard o'brien wrote rhps)

LucyK!
17 Oct 2007, 18:28
LOL RJ i'm glad you posted that, I knew I couldn't be the only one not getting the sarcasm in that post!

mszee
17 Oct 2007, 18:32
I took the original post for...and pigs fly...

Evil One
17 Oct 2007, 19:14
LOL RJ i'm glad you posted that, I knew I couldn't be the only one not getting the sarcasm in that post!
Try visiting the dark side occassionally!