PDA

View Full Version : Top Of The Pops Coverage!!!

Greavzyboy
24 Apr 2003, 11:51
Hey all!

I recently inquired about the 'great coverage' that is scheduled to be aired on TOTP and I have just recieved a reply.

You guys are the first to know!...

Hi Ryan,

A new performance of 'Dead Ringer' and 'Couldn't Have Said It Better' are to be broadcast on TOTP2 6th May.

Additionally, this Friday's edition of TOTP includes a behind the scenes package.

Edward Russel
Producer-TOTP Online

How cool is THAT?!

Yours, Greavzyboy

mellis107
24 Apr 2003, 13:26
Thats fantastic. Good work Greavzyboy. Anyone put it in the calendar yet?

The Flying Mouse
24 Apr 2003, 17:45
:twisted: Great news.
Good work Greavzyboy :D .

bokibe
05 May 2003, 00:31
Great Greavzyboy !! I will set up both my VCR and my PC both to record it!

Ben
05 May 2003, 00:34
Nice one!! cant wait!!

heat
05 May 2003, 08:55
That is fantastic!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it!!!! :D :D :D

Heat
xxx

original sin
05 May 2003, 23:07
Geavzyboy :twisted: Thanks for sharing the info :twisted: :twisted:
A Meat filled week :twisted: :twisted:

JenniferSal
09 May 2003, 16:31
If anyone is interested, TOTP2's site has clips of Dead Ringer and CHSIB at their site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp2/videoclips/show106.shtml

The CHSIB clip is at a slightly different spot in the performance then TOTP's site has from that show. Was nice to briefly see Kasim, John M and Mark in the various clips too :) ! Take care!

Jen S.

MBrevard
09 May 2003, 16:39
Hi, Jen! Thank you for the link to the clips!!

Great to see them!!

What in the world would we do without ya?!!! :lol:

Love,
MB
xxx

sherrie87
10 May 2003, 14:45
Thanks for the link to the clips! For some reason, Dead Ringer is not very well known in the US. Only really hardcore dedicated Meat fans seem to know it here, no "casual" fans seem to have ever heard of it. Still, it's in my top 5 favorite ML songs! I would love to see it at an American concert, especially with Patti!

Sherrie

ChoccyBat
10 May 2003, 15:58
When Meat did his Having Fun for the summer tour, he only included Dead Ringer in his Uk/Ireland sets, not US, cos nobody over there knows it. Basically from Dead Ringer up to Bat II nobody in America bothered with him (except like u say the die hard fans), until Bat II it was Europe that kept him going. Great song though.

JenniferSal
10 May 2003, 17:39
I could be losing it but this American swears that Meat and the band performed Dead Ringer here in the States during the Welcome to the Neighborhood/Born To Rock tour shows here -- I even recall Patti's special studded leather jacket (she wore it pretty much just for the song before changing outfits) she danced around in (caught the lighting very well) and that Meat wore a leather jacket during the song ( i am really good at remembering visual things like lighting, outfits, etc usually), and he and the guys would stand down one end of the stage while Patti did her thang on the other side. (I have a photo of this i shot, one of my favorites: http://www.meatloaf-multimedia.com/welcome/kasimbac.jpg oops,here's two i took, was one of the many shows that Meat and the band did that inspired me to go further with my celeb./music photos, so indulge me a little please, while i share :) : http://www.meatloaf-multimedia.com/welcome/guys961.jpg

OK so i didnt actually get Patti in there, but i guess Im obviously more partial to the boyz :D (names in particular with held to protect the innocent -- JOKE!!)

So we may be deprived here in America, but we do occasionally get special treats, especially when it comes from Meat and the guys and gals in his band :) ! Take care!!

Jen S.

badger
12 May 2003, 00:12
thanks for those pictures Jen, nice to see pics of older gigs that I didn't go to :)