PDA

View Full Version : Fire Ball gave it all!

Guppie
24 Apr 2003, 01:37
He's got it and he gives it. He gave it all tonight.
After all these years, concert after concert: he still gives it everything he's got. That's what makes Meat-concerts unique. I've never seen a better live performer.

And Gerard, a dutch DJ, got to perform with Meat (Johnny B. Good) I'm gonna mail that DJ tomorrow, to compliment him. He has CHSIB on his playlist every day.

I'll leave the more detailed comments to the other Dutchies.

Bonus for me: I got to meet (posting on this forum): Mariella, Bart, Tim and Michel. Cloggy: sorry I didn't get to shake your hand.

And: in the hallway: R. recognised me and said: "Guppie?" I said yes and we shook hands too. 8)
But R... how did you know it was me? I never send you a picture or anything...

I had the best evening ever. And Meat said he's coming back in december. And then he'll perform "For crying out loud" too, and that's one of my favorates...

1.30 am over here.
Guppie - a.k.a. "the stupid dutch woman that didn't believe Fireball was meat" :oops: :D

Fire Ball
24 Apr 2003, 01:44
Audience 10........ show 5 1/2...... we haven't played since Jan. so we (I) made mistakes. But we gave it the ole rock and roll try!!!
The Real
Fire Ball

Great to see everyone before the show, next time we can have more Time
Meat
Thanks R

JulesB
24 Apr 2003, 01:44
It sounds like you all had a wonderful time! How great for all of you. I can't wait to read the reviews tomorrow. I'm so glad everyone got to meet each other.

Jules 8)

Shane
24 Apr 2003, 01:48
Oooh I am jealous!

But indications are that I'll have a chance to see him in New Zealand. I can hardly wait!

Guppie
24 Apr 2003, 02:06
Audience 10........ show 5 1/2...... we haven't played since Jan. so we (I) made mistakes. But we gave it the ole rock and roll try!!!
The Real
Fire Ball

Great to see everyone before the show, next time we can have more Time
Meat
Thanks R
So what if you made mistakes. You are a great performer, no matter what. The Dutch audience doesn't expect perfection. We want Meat, we want fire works... see the sparks fly... from the minute you enter the stage you OWN the stage AND the audience.
That's what going to a concert is all about.
Guppie

Gina
24 Apr 2003, 02:29
awww...I'm sure the show was a 10 too!! Glad everyone had a great time!
Rock on Fire Ball..

R.. way to go!! :) Take care all!!

Love and Laughs..
~Gina

TeamNZfan
24 Apr 2003, 09:02
Shane - back up, back up. What is this about NZ??? Shall send you a PM to discuss further.

Feleena
24 Apr 2003, 09:22
Glad everyone had a good time!
Keep rockin Fire Ball!!

See you in London Friday yeay!!!!

Hugs

Feleena x

mariella
24 Apr 2003, 10:13
What else can I say, absolutely loved the show!!! Thank You so much!

Second time you did DIST and CHSIB, well, it sounded fantastic and I am not the only one who thinks so. So many people singing along to the songs. Made me very happy.

"The mistakes", well, they didn't bother anyone I think, and EVERYONE on that stage was giving it all they got. It was absolutely mind-blowing :bunny:
Feel so lucky I was there!

It was great to 'meet' you, good to hear about the album sales!!
Very good to meet such devoted fans from Germany, the UK and ofcourse Holland.

Yes, this is a GREAT year,

Mariella

I Testify!

Dottie, at the M&G one of the first things Meat asked was "is Dottie here"?

Tim
24 Apr 2003, 10:35
Fireball!!! You were super!! Great!! It was outstanding, and i'm very happy that i could be at the Meet and Greet!!!

Wow, It was the best day since long time for me!!

Thank you so very much!!

And Paul Crook, you rock!! You were great!! :lol:

dottie
24 Apr 2003, 10:47
ROLL ON WEMBLEY - Lets Rock and Roll

meatmadpat
24 Apr 2003, 10:54
Front row at Sheffield :lol: people say don't wish your life away but can't wait until November

R.
24 Apr 2003, 12:11
And: in the hallway: R. recognised me and said: "Guppie?" I said yes and we shook hands too. 8)
But R... how did you know it was me? I never send you a picture or anything...

I may not be able to speak or read dutch - but I can look at a photo if it's on the web. 8)

Bart
24 Apr 2003, 12:48
What a performance. what can i say. Incredible vocals on Anything for love, CHSIB and DIST. I can't remember when i heard BOOH that good. I can't remember when the interactive with the audience was that extraordinary. I can't remember when Meat was joking around like he did now.
The "mistakes" were , in fact, great to watch. So much humor in it.
And i have to admit: the german fans were really rocking the whole night. Way to go, folks!
I have noticed that Mark Alexander is as bald as i am. What the hell has happened to his curley hair? And patti: well, she looks really good now. i guess she spent a lot of time in the gym.
The meet and great was great. i did not say anything, just fun to watch and indeed he was wondering if Dottie was there.

He said: everybody wants to know why i put Do it on the record: because its funny, that's why!
Also
The album is on number 2 in the midweek chart in the UK, only beaten by the Material Girl but she had a better promotion.

What a night.

Guppie
24 Apr 2003, 13:02
[quote=Guppie]
I may not be able to speak or read dutch - but I can look at a photo if it's on the web. 8)
I get it. You saw my pic on my website! 8) :D

Renegade Angel
24 Apr 2003, 13:21
Sounds like it was a great night - does anyone remember the set list?

arjanus
24 Apr 2003, 13:43
The show in Amsterdam was great!! Superb!! Really had a great night!
Thanks Meat!
Thank you also for the meet and great and for signing my precious bad attitude shirt!! Meat still rocks as when I saw him in the eighties.
Massive respect!!! Hope to see you in december in Holland again...

krolok
24 Apr 2003, 14:53
The Show was absolut fantastic, today i can not speak because my voice is away.I think it was one of the best shows i ever saw from you.Ok, maybe there were little mistakes but who cares about it ? You made the best of it, made jokes with the Fans und fool yourself.That is what we love on you, you selv said "we all just humans and make mistakes".
I couldnīt have said it better !!! :lol:
It was very nice to meet you at the meet&greet.
Thank you for an everlasting night !
All best and Keep Rockinī
Krolok

dottie
24 Apr 2003, 15:43
What a performance. what can i say. Incredible vocals on Anything for love, CHSIB and DIST. I can't remember when i heard BOOH that good. I can't remember when the interactive with the audience was that extraordinary. I can't remember when Meat was joking around like he did now.
The "mistakes" were , in fact, great to watch. So much humor in it.
And i have to admit: the german fans were really rocking the whole night. Way to go, folks!
I have noticed that Mark Alexander is as bald as i am. What the hell has happened to his curley hair? And patti: well, she looks really good now. i guess she spent a lot of time in the gym.
The meet and great was great. i did not say anything, just fun to watch and indeed he was wondering if Dottie was there.

He said: everybody wants to know why i put Do it on the record: because its funny, that's why!
Also
The album is on number 2 in the midweek chart in the UK, only beaten by the Material Girl but she had a better promotion.

What a night. Dottie will be going to Wembley in November Bart :wink:

Bart
24 Apr 2003, 17:06
Yes! And in december he is coming to holland again :D And i also go to Oberhausen, germany in NOvember. Yaaahooooo :lol:

Cloggy
24 Apr 2003, 18:20
I have noticed that Mark Alexander is as bald as i am.

That's pretty ~~~~ing bald then.... ;p

As for the 5,5 for the show. I can understand that from your p.o.v. Meat, but anyone in the audience would give it a 10 no doubt. :)

Springsteen is the Boss
Elvis is the King
You are the Daddy! ;)

Alex
24 Apr 2003, 18:26

GUPPIE?!? You're a fish in real life!?!? OH MY WORD!! hehe :lol:
Sorry, excitement is taking over as I'm off to London tomorrow to meet Meat :D

Timewarp.nl
24 Apr 2003, 21:38
awsome, great, perfect, beautifull, funny, joyfull, etc. etc.
I had a great time and I can't wait until december

Meat may call himself an actor, not a singer. In that case. He is an actor, that sings increddible.

Greetz.
Timie

Eva
24 Apr 2003, 22:13
Thanks MEAT for the unforgettable evening in Amsterdam!
It was one of the best concerts ever!
THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!! :P
Love
Eva

Tim
24 Apr 2003, 22:16
Well, it was great!!! See some people from the forum....

but there was one thing, at the Meet and Greet, all those german folks, well, they were first!!! And they had met him some times before, and he talked with them a lot, and we Dutch folks came at the end, and then there was little or less time!!! that was very bad!!! :twisted:

But still. to see Meat loaf in real... so close, talk to him etc.... That was pretty cool.

Jen
24 Apr 2003, 23:52
I'm so jealous of you all. :cry:

Hope you all enjoyed it.

Jen

bokibe
25 Apr 2003, 00:52
Hi Fire Ball,

Me and my 12 year old son Jelle (who've brought you a cigar and gave it to you at the M&G) loved your show in Amsterdam. It's was his first time to see you live after a couple of years playing your (or mine?? :wink: ) CD's. We stand right in front of Paul (I think Metal Loaf is a very good nickname for him) at the first row and we had both a hell of an evening.
I liked the moments that you made the imitations of Steven Tyler, Boy George and George Michael and so on! It was also nice to introduce your fiancee.
Glad you gave the audience a 10, but we both want to give you a lot more than a 5.5. Whatabout a few misstakes? It made it a kind of intimate for me.

Looking forward to see you again in december, and sure we will bring red roses....

We had a great time including the M&G, thank you again for it and also a lot of thanks to Rainer for making it also possible.

Bokibe
(the name you asked me at the M&G, when I told you my real name Juul was to difficult to pronounce in English)

Guppie
25 Apr 2003, 01:17

GUPPIE?!? You're a fish in real life!?!? OH MY WORD!! hehe :lol:
Sorry, excitement is taking over as I'm off to London tomorrow to meet Meat :D
he he he... some mistake... I often refer to myself as the Dutch little fishy, because of my nick and my avator. I can't put a link to the Dutch forum here, linking is not allowed on this forum.\
But I know you're just kidding :lol:

JulesB
25 Apr 2003, 01:43
I'm so happy for all that were able to attend the Promo show! Sounds like everyone had a outstanding time and the show was a lot better than a 5.5, more like a 10 from the stories I've heard!

Mariella was kind enough to write a review for mirrorofthesoul.com, its on the main page! She was awestruck! Thanks again, Mariella!

If you take a look at the review, please click on the comments page, Sven has posted a number of wonderful pictures of the M&G and the show! Thank you, Sven!

ROCK ON FIRE BALL!!!!

Jules 8)

Michel
25 Apr 2003, 14:21
You were amazing Meat. The show had all the power. Paul Crook played guitar like nobody else can. Patti is better everytime I see her.

Meat you're voice was amazing, and I'm sure that whole amsterdam heard the beginning of Paradise. :lol:

I've met R., Bart, Tim, Guppie, Mariella, Jmi, Cloggy and offcourse I met Meat. I would like to have a chat with Meat, but there wasn't any time left. I have pictures and an autograph.

Tim
25 Apr 2003, 15:06
And that back ground singer, Sarah i thought!!! WOW, what a beautifull and great girl that was!! Think i'm in love with here!!

Sarah, you were great!!1 You rock girl!

Diane
26 Apr 2003, 12:05
Mistakes or not, Meat absolutely rocked Amsterdam! It was the first time I'd ever seen Meat in Holland and he put on a superb performance.

The audience reaction was great (you Dutch guys really know how to rock!) and Meat and the band looked relaxed and happy to be there.

I have to say that Paul Crook really impressed and is an amazing asset to the band. Anyone else notice what an infectious smile he has?

I feel so lucky to have been there and even more especially to have heard the new songs live. I was also lucky enough, thanks to some wonderful German friends, to find myself right down at the front, centre stage.

As always it was fun meeting up with so many friends, old and new, and thanks to everyone who made my first trip to Amsterdam so enjoyable.

Very many thanks to Meat for the M&G and for signing my vinyl album and CD. Many thanks too to R. for organising it for us.

I spent Thursday travelling back home and arrived back so tired my eyes couldn't even focus any more. Still, I'd do it all again tomorrow for a show like that!

:D

dottie
26 Apr 2003, 13:37

Second time you did DIST and CHSIB, well, it sounded fantastic and I am not the only one who thinks so. So many people singing along to the songs. Made me very happy.

"The mistakes", well, they didn't bother anyone I think, and EVERYONE on that stage was giving it all they got. It was absolutely mind-blowing :bunny:

Mariella

I Testify!

Dottie, at the M&G one of the first things Meat asked was "is Dottie here"?Oh My Word- I fainted - fame at last

dottie
26 Apr 2003, 19:00

Mariella

I Testify!

Dottie, at the M&G one of the first things Meat asked was "is Dottie here"?

Honestly or are you winding me up :wink:

mariella
26 Apr 2003, 19:05
Dottie, he can't wait to meet you!! :lol:
Just thought I'd prepare you for this!

I Testify!

Mariella

R.
26 Apr 2003, 19:09
He asked everyone (who wanted to have something signed) to tell him his forum nick.
I gave him my original M&G list with his instructions to be signed.
He was puzzled for a second and as he realised what he was signing, he started to talk about the forums and yes, Dottie we have been talking about you. :))

dottie
26 Apr 2003, 19:10
Dottie, he can't wait to meet you!! :lol:
Just thought I'd prepare you for this!

I Testify!

Mariella

Roll on Wembley 17th November - they say you shouldn't wish your life away - and at my age its precious - but Oh raptures :D hope there is a Meet and Greet - don't think there's anything on the Forum yet :P Ohgirl with tongue hanging out :P :lol:

R.
26 Apr 2003, 19:19
Roll on Wembley 17th November - they say you shouldn't wish your life away - and at my age its precious - but Oh raptures :D hope there is a Meet and Greet - don't think there's anything on the Forum yet :P Ohgirl with tongue hanging out :P :lol:
... with blue hair, Dottie? 8) :))

dottie
26 Apr 2003, 19:21
... with blue hair, Dottie? 8) :))

and that as well - probably go grey by then and no one wil recognise me :lol:

StefanCJ
26 Apr 2003, 21:33
Certainly he did in Amsterdam at the HMH! He gave it all!

This has been my first post on this forum and my 4th visit to a concert of Meat .... And -DAMN- He was really good!
Especially the M&G was super! Second signature ... Way tot go daddy! :D
FireBall, CU in Germany!

Mzzl StefanCJ .....

KEEP ROCKIN!

mariella
26 Apr 2003, 21:35
Good to have you here, Stefan.

Great day to you,

Mariella

Tim
26 Apr 2003, 21:46
Haven't seen you around Stefan, what did you look like??

And welcome here.

Michel
27 Apr 2003, 15:50
Also welcome on this forum Stefan.

Tim, Stefan is the son of Jan (jmi).

Guppie
27 Apr 2003, 17:36
Certainly he did in Amsterdam at the HMH! He gave it all!

This has been my first post on this forum and my 4th visit to a concert of Meat .... And -DAMN- He was really good!
Especially the M&G was super! Second signature ... Way tot go daddy! :D
FireBall, CU in Germany!

Mzzl StefanCJ .....

KEEP ROCKIN!
Welcome Stefan. Sorry I didn't meet you and your dad in Amsterdam. He told me he went as far as to go look in the ladies room to find me. :lol: