PDA

View Full Version : I need some help!!

Dick
22 Feb 2002, 00:27
In school i am currently having an arguement with a friend over who is better, Meatloaf or Jamiroqui. Obviously its Meatloaf but he still persists, saying Meatloaf is a big, ugly, fatly grotesk shit. I cant defend this without sounding like a fruit, so i was wondering if anyone could give me any good arguements that make Meat sound 50 times better that Jamiroqui. Although he is i just need somthing to make this clear to this guy.
Thanks Richard.

Tim
22 Feb 2002, 16:11
Greater songs, longer songs, better voice, he has a good attitude, funny look in his eyes (specialy in older music video's), has a nice daughter, more Cd's, playes in movies and theaters, great actor, he can fill all the arena's where he's playing, better dressed, live he's the best, he don't had to dance crazy to try to be cool (he is just cool!), he's older, got more experience!!

So, here are the first 15 reasons!!

Greetings Tim

LucyK!
22 Feb 2002, 17:51
Meat Loaf or JK??? Tell your friend to stop asking daft questions! lol

Lucy

tukayaway
23 Feb 2002, 01:37
I got stick when I was at highschool a couple of years ago. My argument of Meat's looks has got nothing to do with his music never got a look in.

It wasn't until a few years ago when VH1 storytellers was on with a documentary after, did a couple of my friends realise. They liked the little stories between songs, liked Pearl and Patti a lot! and even sheepishly admitted that some of the songs were good. Then when they saw the documentary, they couldn't believe the shit that he'd been through. I have always said that I admired Meat's determination and character and they never really understood why. Admittedly, they've not converted, but I don't get any stick from me mates.

Jamiroqui songs are gettin a little bit repetative now, and JayKay still does that sodding dance.

I say Meat wins hands down simply because he has more to his game. (not biased or anything!)

Chris
27 Feb 2002, 01:44
My housemates here at Coventry Uni went to see JayKay last night and are raving about how good he was because he was talking to the audience between songs. Hmm?? Remind anyone of Storytellers or even the Live in The Neighbourhood tour?

One reason why Meat beats JK, he doesn't wear bl**dy stupid hats!!!!!!

Cloggy
03 Mar 2002, 12:16
In 30 years from now, you won't hear any Jamiroqui songs. You still will here Meat Loaf songs. Jamiroqui makes pop songs, like the Backstreet boys. They have a hit for a copple of weeks and then the song is never played again. Meat Loaf makes (sings) art and will last forever ./icons/icon12.gif

Tom B
03 Mar 2002, 15:39
The third biggest album ever - I think ... longest album on UK charts ever ... the best live artist you'll ever see ... DOESN'T rely on cheap repetitive dance-rubbish. Etc. etc.

My brother was playing Jamiroqui this morning which is why I decided to reply to this ./icons/icon7.gif

But, as some of my friends tell me, some people just can't appreciate great music. It's their loss, but YOU know what they are missing out on!!

www.ML-Testify.com

Dick
13 Apr 2003, 15:14
Gawd i didn't realise this thread was still open, thanks for your views, but its ok now as i habe converted my friend into loving Meat

Tim
13 Apr 2003, 15:18
That's the way ah ah I like it.. ah ah........ :lol:

Guppie
13 Apr 2003, 15:53
Gawd i didn't realise this thread was still open, thanks for your views, but its ok now as i habe converted my friend into loving Meat
Good thing. I was just about to write to tell your friend that you forgive his ignorance. :D

The Flying Mouse
13 Apr 2003, 17:02
:twisted: I must have missed this topic somehow :? .
Looks like everybodys said everything :lol: .
Well apart from two things,Meat Loaf has the best fans and the best fan club 8) .

Bart
13 Apr 2003, 22:31
Well, i just want to say one thing and i am sorry that i have never heard of him but:

Who the f**K is Jamiroquai : :??: 8O

Arexx
14 Apr 2003, 00:39
Jamiroquai is an English artist who tends to try to combine Jazz and Funk. Works quite well. The guy himself is a self centred egotist probably because he is very short. Bad collection of hats, nice collection of cars.

As for these "who is better" arguments, I always find the best way to win isnt to get into them. People who find the need to have a go at someone elses taste have some interesting insecurities (see my comments about JK's hats above). With respect to Meat though, I always think the test of an artist is their longevity and I think there can be no better testiment to Meat and Bat out of Hell than the fact we are all here talking about it just over a quater of a century after its release. I wonder if people will still be talking about JK in another 15-20 years........

ChoccyBat
14 Apr 2003, 00:51
Well last summer I saw articles by JK claiming he was quitting music cos he was sick of the industry (I think), and that he would not be making any more music. If he'd had Meats life he'd probably never have got as far as making music! Jamiraqoi's career didn't last anywhere near as long as Meat's and neither will their popularity. Clearly we are biased but I still say no contest.

dottie
14 Apr 2003, 18:35
Well, i just want to say one thing and i am sorry that i have never heard of him but:

Who the f**K is Jamiroquai : :??: 8O

Not even worth wasting a brain cell on Bart - I'll probably get lambasted by his fans now :roll:

jcmoorehead
14 Apr 2003, 19:38
Meat Loaf or JK? Well for a start i hate JK So thats a good start isnt it :D Umm Meat Loaf doesnt pick fights in streets and then preceed to get his ass whooped :lol: Meat Loaf actually has a good taste in hats the list could go on and on :P

But in the end its J.... Nah only joking Meat Loaf will and forever be the best :D