PDA

View Full Version : Album On Sale In The UK

Diane
21 Apr 2003, 13:19
Thrilled to say I had no problem finding copies of CHSIB (the album) for sale in Woolworths this morning, even on this little island. A guy standing next to me heard me ask for it and straight away bought a copy too! He told me how much he loves Meat but didn't know he had a new album out. :D

What really made my day was that they were playing Forever Young when I walked in. 8)

Unfortunately they still didn't have, or even plan to stock, the single. When I asked them why not, particularly now it's in the charts, I was told they have their own chart (based on their sales) and Meat's single isn't on it. I then asked how Meat's single could possibly make it on to their chart if they're not even selling it, and the guy just shrugged and said they just stock what head office thinks will sell. :x

Draven
21 Apr 2003, 14:15
Thats great news Diane!!! I also had no problem buying a copy, i got mine from asda! Its placed number 14 in their charts and its at eye level so everyon can see it!!!!

Draven
21 Apr 2003, 14:34
Ooops forgot to say that the album is £9.94 in asda, but with my 10% discount i got it for £8.95 :-D

cornish
21 Apr 2003, 16:27
just like to confirm the album is on sale here in cornwall,even in my small town.
woolies have it @no7 in thier chart..smiths @no15 in thiers. on the single front still no sign. Great album. brillant bonus cd to. :D

Vickip
21 Apr 2003, 17:23
Thrilled to say I had no problem finding copies of CHSIB (the album) for sale in Woolworths this morning, even on this little island. A guy standing next to me heard me ask for it and straight away bought a copy too! He told me how much he loves Meat but didn't know he had a new album out. :D

What really made my day was that they were playing Forever Young when I walked in. 8)

Unfortunately they still didn't have, or even plan to stock, the single. When I asked them why not, particularly now it's in the charts, I was told they have their own chart (based on their sales) and Meat's single isn't on it. I then asked how Meat's single could possibly make it on to their chart if they're not even selling it, and the guy just shrugged and said they just stock what head office thinks will sell. :x

I can't believe that about the single :( How do they expect it to sell??
But that's fantastic news about the CD !! I just got the message from Amazon.com that mine have been shipped :D Now I'll have spare copies for when I wear one out :)

Forever Young ... an amazing song !!
Vicki

jcmoorehead
21 Apr 2003, 18:40
I'll be buying the album tomorrow cant wait should be a great album

original sin
21 Apr 2003, 18:54
:lol: Yep got mine today..... :lol: fantasic :lol: all the shops i went in had it price variations from £12.99 - £13.99 also looked like they had sold well, as they had obviously has shelf space that was getting empty. Way to go...

Re: single in HMV they had just bare space at no. 31 hopefully this means good sales