PDA

View Full Version : Post-Month Lookback

Alex
20 Apr 2003, 22:01
Finally found the time to mess a little more with my PC and we have lift off and maybe life will be more liveable....

Dark have been my dreams of late... With secret delays to the album, mysterious single releases, confusion and frustration were running in the veins of Meat Loaf fans, maybe it would be fair to say.
But hope, it seems, has returned to the shores of Neverland and the Express is beginning to show its steam over lifes horizon (for those who think thats profound, i assure you, its pure accident as those who know me would vouch, I can rarely mumble a sentence without the use of a inaudiable word or complete lack of grammar etc... blah blah)... anyhow.

It seems the Meat Loaf album AND single will be out tomorrow on Easter Monday, (dunno if shops are shut though, lol), however, maybe the record company have lost this battle and Meat Loaf through stress and torture has finally subjected his record company into submission... Didn't think you could sell singles?!? A few facts in retrospective that the 'Record Company' should bare in mind... The last album with all new material released had its first single reach number 2 in the UK Charts... and the one before that was Anything For Love... do i NEED to say more about that one?!? ;)

I'm gonna attempt to take the Friday off work and travel the vast mass of rail network that exists between my house and London, then once there, attempt to find Oxford Street (Who is stupid enough to try and brave london in rush hour?!? Seems like me, along with other Meat Loaf fans!), in a desperate attempt to see Mr Meat in person. I've been personally plagued with Meat Loaf problems as I'm sure others have also. I have a 75% success record when it comes to meat Loaf concerts and such with Cancellations and Re-arranged dates, but all for the best as they were for the interest of the Show and Meat Loaf himself. This is also not including the cancelled To Hell And Back book signing in Manchester. ALTHOUGH! I would like to scream with joy here, as Meat did cancel the booksigning due to illness I think it was, but found the time to personally sign A WHOLE LOAD of books for Waterstones, a gesture that many people would think over the top and unnecessary, but a gesture so great to fans it made me at least a little tearful! Thank you Meat!!

Basically I've lost the theme of this topic already, but its a thankyou Meat for not just accepting things as they might be, but for taking an extra step to make our lives as fans not just ok, but bloody marvellous! Proved again it seems by your gesture to offer Meet and Greets to fans for buying versions of your single!! (who else does that after record company mistakes!!?!).

I have had a copy of the Album from Germany for over a week now and I'll say that its possibly the best album Meats ever done!! Definately the best if you exclude the 'Songs by Steinman' albums, but even with them included, I feel that Bat 1 is the only one better...

So wrong some people are to bill up their albums for let downs, how very amusing you billed yours as the "Best Since Bat"... and was in my eyes, right!!

Thanks Meat!
See you Friday if all goes well!!

Keep smiling! Keep rockin'!
Alex!