mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » Braver Than We Are

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 25 Nov 2016, 20:35   #26
stretch37
Very Excited for Braver Than We Are!
 
Join Date: 28.06.2008
Location:  Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post
I liked it, for what it was.
Meat did a great job, I wish Karla/Ellen's parts were them actually singing it instead of lyrics on screen but I get it.

Nice job Amanda.
Totally agreed on all points Anotherday.
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Nov 2016, 21:16   #27
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 19.10.2015
Location: UK
Posts: 490
Default

I like it as a lyric video, and although it's not easy to get everyone together in the right place at the right time, it really would've made it to have Ellen and Karla's 'floating heads' on there, too.
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Nov 2016, 22:51   #28
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
I was expecting a tad more than what we got
Checked with Meat. This is NOT the video he made with Amanda .. It was made as an in-store promo for Target (made to a 24hr deadline), and will be shown from today until the end of December. His thinks that wherever there's a Target you can't see the video on-line except at a Target store .. he can't view it on line

So another one to come, which may give you the tad more you're expecting

Last edited by CarylB; 25 Nov 2016 at 22:57.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2016, 23:05   #29
stretch37
Very Excited for Braver Than We Are!
 
Join Date: 28.06.2008
Location:  Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Checked with Meat. This is NOT the video he made with Amanda .. It was made as an in-store promo for Target (made to a 24hr deadline), and will be shown from today until the end of December. His thinks that wherever there's a Target you can't see the video on-line except at a Target store .. he can't view it on line

So another one to come, which may give you the tad more you're expecting
Thank the sweet lords of the universe. Thank you Caryl for thinking outside of the box on this one.
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Nov 2016, 23:14   #30
nikox1
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 05.07.2007
Location:  Front line of the battle
Posts: 2,657
Default

The album will be re promoted after xmas, not knowing all the details but some extra promo next year
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Nov 2016, 23:53   #31
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker
 
Join Date: 17.09.2005
Location:  London
Posts: 12,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
I was expecting a tad more than what we got
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Checked with Meat. This is NOT the video he made with Amanda .. It was made as an in-store promo for Target (made to a 24hr deadline), and will be shown from today until the end of December. His thinks that wherever there's a Target you can't see the video on-line except at a Target store .. he can't view it on line

So another one to come, which may give you the tad more you're expecting
Thank the lords because I was being soooooooo polite in my previous post
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 Nov 2016, 10:29   #32
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...
 
Join Date: 05.01.2007
Location:  Masculine, Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,037
Default

I was gonna be super negative (its FLY like an Angel, not Cry like an angel) Thank god thats not the video.

When i saw Amanda's picture it looked like meat was at a dining table and it looked like a great shot. id love to see meat walk around and KARLA and ELLEN.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2016, 11:05   #33
Sebastian.
Biggles
 
Join Date: 15.02.2011
Location:  RAFshire.
Posts: 1,996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
Thank the lords because I was being soooooooo polite in my previous post
My original comment was going to be, "Look's like someone learnt how to use iMovie."
Sebastian. is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 26 Nov 2016, 12:08   #34
eltmatt
Senior Loafer
 
Join Date: 04.03.2010
Posts: 175
Default

Thank god thats not the official video haha
eltmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 26 Nov 2016, 12:42   #35
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...
 
Join Date: 05.01.2007
Location:  Masculine, Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian. View Post
My original comment was going to be, "Look's like someone learnt how to use iMovie."
Editing was atrocious and mediocre. But if it was made in a day that makes sense.

Meat isnt even synced right in some shots.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2016, 13:24   #36
ashkent7
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 02.12.2010
Location:  Durham,UK
Posts: 338
Default

I think there were three giveaways for me that this wasn't the one Meat posted the picture of.

First, he didn't post it, the record company did. Meat is always so enthused by what he wants to put out that no-one would have stolen his thunder.

Second, it didn't seem to line up with the image of him at the table that was posted...there isn't exactly much "directing" needed for the version that has been released as it is just Meat showing the emotion he always does.

Third, the track is the exact same one used for the single edit...usually Meat uses an adjusted track for videos that are "too long" for to use the full thing.

Also something i noticed on the current one, the last shot seems to have a woman's hair next to Meat which would be odd to have hair at the side of shot when the owner hadn't been seen until that point.

However, with all its faults it's still 100 times better than a Justin Bieber video
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 26 Nov 2016, 17:08   #37
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
Thank the sweet lords of the universe. Thank you Caryl for thinking outside of the box on this one.
Three things struck me immediately and prompted me to check it out ..
1 The restrictions on access
2 The fact that Meat hadn't posted it on his page
3 That Meat and Amanda finally working together would deliver something more creative and polished. He loves making movies and she has inherited that love

Given the time Meat had, and the time it will be used, it's fit for purpose and as has been pointed out .. better than a Justin Bieber
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 Nov 2016, 18:44   #38
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 19.10.2015
Location: UK
Posts: 490
Default

Have to admit, although it makes for an okay internet ad for the song, I'm glad that it isn't the final music video (I should've probably checked before I posted it, but it hit my inbox that morning and I just figured 'well, this must be it'!).

In the words of everyone's favourite president elect, 'WRONG'.
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2016, 23:23   #39
PanicLord
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 18.06.2003
Location:  At The End Of The Line
Posts: 2,508
Default

Well what a roller coaster ride!

So anyone know when the actual video will be released?
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2016, 01:27   #40
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...
 
Join Date: 05.01.2007
Location:  Masculine, Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicLord View Post
Well what a roller coaster ride!

So anyone know when the actual video will be released?
A kiddie coaster of anything
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2016, 02:02   #41
duke knooby
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 24.06.2005
Location:  belfast
Posts: 17,489
Default

i liked it, i like lyric videos, and it's clipped to a length that keeps me interested
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 27 Nov 2016, 03:26   #42
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!
 
Join Date: 18.01.2004
Location:  Northamptonshire
Posts: 6,818
Default

I thought initially it was ok but on second viewing I don't understand why we can see glimpses of presumably a woman on the left in Meat's shots near the end. Why wasn't Meat filmed against a black or single tone background colour to do this. Hardly difficult. I've got a white wall in my house we could have used.

And whoever made this... how the double IS IS highlight at 4.04 got through quality control I really do not understand.
A BIG big mistake considering this is a lyric video and the controversy regarding that named terrorist group. If any large scale released commercial video has this from a popular artist say Lady Gaga, Rihanna or so I'm pretty sure this would be picked up in the main stream media and questions would be asked.

The Speaking in Tongues video was more artistic and interesting I think from a creative point of view.

What's the deal with this MeatLoafVevo YT channel anyway? There is no artwork or official links (like in other Vevo channels) but is verified? Hmmm.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2016, 05:41   #43
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
The Speaking in Tongues video was more artistic and interesting I think from a creative point of view.
I agree .. but as stated above, this is just for Target to show in their stores and runs only until the end of December .. and had to be pulled together and finished in 24 hours.

Quote:
What's the deal with this MeatLoafVevo YT channel anyway? There is no artwork or official links (like in other Vevo channels) but is verified? Hmmm.
I don't know .. save that Meat knew nothing about it being posted, so I'd surmise it's not his? Perhaps posted by the company that made it.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2016, 05:46   #44
stretch37
Very Excited for Braver Than We Are!
 
Join Date: 28.06.2008
Location:  Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
I agree .. but as stated above, this is just for Target to show in their stores and runs only until the end of December .. and had to be pulled together and finished in 24 hours.



I don't know .. save that Meat knew nothing about it being posted, so I'd surmise it's not his? Perhaps posted by the company that made it.
I think they did pretty well for 24 hours!
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 27 Nov 2016, 06:49   #45
Adje
trying to be realistic
 
Join Date: 28.09.2007
Location:  
Posts: 1,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
I think they did pretty well for 24 hours!
If they are still in highschool and never did anything regarding making movies/clips, I tend to agree
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 27 Nov 2016, 07:45   #46
stretch37
Very Excited for Braver Than We Are!
 
Join Date: 28.06.2008
Location:  Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
If they are still in highschool and never did anything regarding making movies/clips, I tend to agree
Lol ya, easy to judge tho but none of us were there, who knows what went down
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 27 Nov 2016, 15:47   #47
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
Lol ya, easy to judge tho but none of us were there, who knows what went down
Exactly. If anyone thinks Meat is happy with it they're wrong. (He puts the age far lower than high school!) But sometimes there are business imperatives he is powerless to over-ride. He did the best he could against those. It will be shown for 5 weeks in Target stores in the USA .. that it's playing round the world is down to YouTube.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 27 Nov 2016, 22:43   #48
Vickip
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 07.02.2003
Location:  
Posts: 8,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Exactly. If anyone thinks Meat is happy with it they're wrong. (He puts the age far lower than high school!) But sometimes there are business imperatives he is powerless to over-ride. He did the best he could against those. It will be shown for 5 weeks in Target stores in the USA .. that it's playing round the world is down to YouTube.
True ... but considering it was Meat's record label that posted it YouTube, you have to give them credit for supporting and trying to promote the album That's an improvement over that lack of support that he's gotten in the past.

For what it's worth, I actually liked the video when I saw it last night and it makes me even more excited now about the one that he and Amanda have come up with
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 28 Nov 2016, 05:36   #49
Julie in the rv mirror
Spirit in the Night
 
Join Date: 23.07.2008
Location:  On the edge of town (in the Darkness...)
Posts: 1,548
Default

I was in Target today and didn't see it playing; I assume it's in the electronics department? In fact, I couldn't even find the album for sale. Maybe I need to check a different store.
Julie in the rv mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 28 Nov 2016, 06:17   #50
stretch37
Very Excited for Braver Than We Are!
 
Join Date: 28.06.2008
Location:  Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror View Post
I was in Target today and didn't see it playing; I assume it's in the electronics department? In fact, I couldn't even find the album for sale. Maybe I need to check a different store.
Is Target like Walmart where they have LCD tv's throughout the store playing commercials and such? Maybe that's where to be looking?
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R. Hosted by noscon.it.

Get Firefox!

Page generated in 0.12670 seconds with 13 queries.