Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » Braver Than We Are

Old 21 Jul 2016, 22:50   #26
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockenspiel View Post
On the whole, nikox1, I'm inclined to agree with you ... There's a couple of minor things I'm not happy with (eg, running order - 'Train Of Love' is not a 'closer' track, for me), but then, I'm hardly ever completely satisfied with any album ! .........
A few people have said that about train of love, but as you said - minor
But hey, you can arrange them the way you like when you buy it
Really hope everybody gets behind it
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2016, 23:01   #27
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
Also different Lyrics !!! M Through the whole album !!!
Love all the lyrics I've heard so far. Will there be any kind of annotation on the history of the songs in the album booklet, I wonder? Also I was wrong on Skull recontextualising elements of Total Eclipse, as you say. That's me getting my history muddled.
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2016, 21:05   #28
Fire Ball
Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockenspiel View Post
On the whole, nikox1, I'm inclined to agree with you ... There's a couple of minor things I'm not happy with (eg, running order - 'Train Of Love' is not a 'closer' track, for me), but then, I'm hardly ever completely satisfied with any album ! .........
It is a very complicated album , Train of love , the way I'm singing it and the meaning is a 19 year old trying to find himself , The blues ending takes you right back to the beginning !! A 19 year old who is angry ,confused, and trying to find out who he is . Jim and I spent 3 days on this running order !!! I know you think it's about a guy trying to get a girl ... Listen again with different ears !! M
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 Jul 2016, 21:33   #29
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Thanks for the input Meat, is the track order always a tricky task? On your albums
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 26 Jul 2016, 22:12   #30
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
It is a very complicated album , Train of love , the way I'm singing it and the meaning is a 19 year old trying to find himself , The blues ending takes you right back to the beginning !! A 19 year old who is angry ,confused, and trying to find out who he is . Jim and I spent 3 days on this running order !!! I know you think it's about a guy trying to get a girl ... Listen again with different ears !! M
I get the feeling of the different influences the character encounters and by the end of the song is just whirling from it all. Possibly the surprise at it being the last song comes from most of your albums having a more emotional final song (Lost Boys, For Crying Out Loud, Blue Sky, Where Angels Sing), but I think it takes a different album out in a different way.

I also love that a lot of the quirks in Jim's demo's of this and Souvenirs have been brought over to the album.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2016, 08:53   #31
glockenspiel
Senior Loafer

The artist doesn't 'own' a song's meaning.
glockenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 27 Jul 2016, 10:53   #32
rockfenris2005
Mega Loafer

My interpretation is that it's an older man looking back. I sort of see like a male Miss Havisham in Great Expectations maybe. "Only when I feel" in my mind is an older man.
rockfenris2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 27 Jul 2016, 11:03   #33
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 View Post
My interpretation is that it's an older man looking back. I sort of see like a male Miss Havisham in Great Expectations maybe. "Only when I feel" in my mind is an older man.
I think on its own, I get the same thing...but when its combined with Break It I think it becomes a young person again. Basically young teen angst and mentality of "I've been done over in some way so I'm going to wreck everything in sight"
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 28 Jul 2016, 02:32   #34
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 View Post
I haven't heard any of the new album yet, but it seems to me Meat always said he left to the listener's imagine to interpret, so interpret away I say ! ...

I am what I call a second generation Meat fan as I didn't discover him until the release of Bat2. I always felt Bat1 appealed more to a younger person, but since the death of my husband in 2014 I find after giving Bat1 another very close listen, I identify with it more than I ever did.

Welcome to the Neighborhood is one of my very fave Meat albums. When I listen to it, a whole movie runs through my head.
Sue K is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 29 Jul 2016, 22:35   #35
aks650
Senior Loafer

Couldn't agree more, Welcome To The Neighbourhood is a fantastic album, I'd say my number 1/2. BTWA is very good, a grower!!! Personally I love the voices he has used. It has taken a bit of getting used too but great job!!!
aks650 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.