mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 29 Sep 2016, 22:14   #51
nightinr
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 04.09.2011
Posts: 202
Default

Hopefully Patti can work through a traumatic spell. It must be horrible to be sacked by email regardless of the circumstances.

Patti will always have a huge place in my memories of Meat's live shows...truly incredible vocals and what a performer!

All the best Patti x
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 08 Oct 2016, 02:26   #52
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 03.06.2011
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
That's your prerogative (though it seems based largely on passionate/angry responses to harsh criticism or rudeness. He also posts kindly, and graciously too). I have never heard anyone who works with Meat, from actors/directors to band members, crew, even drivers and venue staff say anything but how kind, decent, unassuming, honest he is to work with .. save 3 people he let go.

I am sure. What you believe is your choice. I don't challenge it, nor question it. But mine is completely different.

A nice thread to start up again the day before his birthday
This thread was started a long time ago.

How is this for a theory: ML is a great guy most of the time, but sometimes he's a jerk. Sounds like most people actually. I'm sure you don't believe that he's always an angel...

Nothing that Patti says is surprising or unrealistic. I've been a boss to many people over the years, most of whom I liked at some point. Some of them needed to be let go, and even though I think that it was the right decision in all cases I'm sure that they see things differently

I'm also a fairly nice guy most of the time, but sometimes I am a jerk. At times I will recognize this and apologize, other times I will not.

Maybe it was as simple as he didn't want to continue paying her. I'm sure that she probably made more than other members of the NLE.

IMO this was probably the best thing for her in the long run. She probably only has a few performing years left in her and she's been stagnant as the backup singer for ML. She should have left to be on her own years ago.

Plus, she was disrespected a lot in her time. She wasn't allowed to be in the ILFYATTT video and duets she should have been performing were given to mediocre other singers in an attempt to boost their own career. I can understand Jennifer Hudson to a point, but I don't get many of the others.
Evil Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Dislike This Post.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 08 Oct 2016, 03:03   #53
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ernie View Post
This thread was started a long time ago.
I said start up again

Quote:
How is this for a theory: ML is a great guy most of the time, but sometimes he's a jerk. Sounds like most people actually. I'm sure you don't believe that he's always an angel...
Of course he's not perfect, and is the first to admit this, and to apologise when he falls (sometimes when it's not really his failing, because he's a nice guy who doesn't like to be at odds with people). But this is not a theory I agree with regarding this situation. Again, your prerogative, but as you quoted me I will say I don't agree. I also have great respect for Meat's refusal to comment publicly on the reasons, despite many attempts by fans here to suggest many, usually critical of him. A mark of his professionalism imo.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 03 Nov 2016, 20:55   #54
Fire Ball
Himself
 
Join Date: 05.02.2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,041
Default

IGOT NEWS FOR YOU PATTI WAS NEVER disrespected .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ernie View Post
This thread was started a long time ago.

How is this for a theory: ML is a great guy most of the time, but sometimes he's a jerk. Sounds like most people actually. I'm sure you don't believe that he's always an angel...

Nothing that Patti says is surprising or unrealistic. I've been a boss to many people over the years, most of whom I liked at some point. Some of them needed to be let go, and even though I think that it was the right decision in all cases I'm sure that they see things differently

I'm also a fairly nice guy most of the time, but sometimes I am a jerk. At times I will recognize this and apologize, other times I will not.

Maybe it was as simple as he didn't want to continue paying her. I'm sure that she probably made more than other members of the NLE.

IMO this was probably the best thing for her in the long run. She probably only has a few performing years left in her and she's been stagnant as the backup singer for ML. She should have left to be on her own years ago.

Plus, she was disrespected a lot in her time. She wasn't allowed to be in the ILFYATTT video and duets she should have been performing were given to mediocre other singers in an attempt to boost their own career. I can understand Jennifer Hudson to a point, but I don't get many of the others.
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
8 Users Like This Post.
Old 03 Nov 2016, 20:59   #55
anotherday
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 12.10.2012
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
IGOT NEWS FOR YOU PATTI WAS NEVER disrespected .
Love you.
Thank you.
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2016, 18:28   #56
nightinr
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 04.09.2011
Posts: 202
Default

Although Braver was a treat for fans it did lack Patti's passion that flowed from her vocals. I would love to have seen her on Loving you is a dirty job and Going all the way.

I just find the whole situation very sad for both Meat and Patti.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 10 Dec 2016, 13:10   #57
eltmatt
Senior Loafer
 
Join Date: 04.03.2010
Posts: 175
Default

Which 3 people? What are Meat's reasons for letting her go via email, I guess there is rumour she did something to deserve this?
eltmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2016, 15:01   #58
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,817
Default

Oh give it a rest! Meat has repeatedly said she was not simply let go by email, and has made it clear he will not discuss or comment on it further, save to say she was not "disrespected".

His professionalism leaves him in a firing line whenever someone brings this up again, whether it's based on rumour, speculation or assumptions/interpretations of words Patti puts on-line.

This is the fansite dedicated to Meat .. he deserves more respect.

It's in the past for a long time now. That's where it should stay. Meat knows this and honours it. So should his fans on his fanclub forum imo
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Dislike This Post.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 10 Dec 2016, 16:51   #59
nightinr
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 04.09.2011
Posts: 202
Default

Patti played a crucial role in Meat's success for over 20 years. Her live performances often kept the show together. To suggest we shouldn't talk about her on this forum is strange to say the least.

It's like saying we shouldn't talk about Steinman when Meat Loaf isn't working with him.

In my view Patti helped make Meat great again and we should be eternally grateful.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 10 Dec 2016, 17:23   #60
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Patti played a crucial role in Meat's success for over 20 years. Her live performances often kept the show together. To suggest we shouldn't talk about her on this forum is strange to say the least.

It's like saying we shouldn't talk about Steinman when Meat Loaf isn't working with him.
I did NOT say that, and you well know it I suspect. I have never, ever suggested people should not talk about Patti or her contribution, so please do not even TRY to suggest that, let alone say it.

I said to continually speculate about the reasons for her leaving, which are so often based on assumptions made which are negative towards Meat is IN MY VIEW disrespectful to him. To seek rumours on which to base further speculation is also disrespectful in my view.

Quote:
In my view Patti helped make Meat great again and we should be eternally grateful.
I do not consider Meat needed to be "made great again", however I believe Patti made an enormous contribution to the shows during her long tenure with the band, was an outstanding performer, and have never suggested otherwise.

But being grateful for that does not legitimise continued speculation or discussion of rumour about why she lost that tenure.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 10 Dec 2016, 17:35   #61
nightinr
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 04.09.2011
Posts: 202
Default

Fair points Caryl. I know its an emotive subject, but I dont think we should make this forum a closed shop and let all fans express their opinion.

Whatever happened I think its a shame for both parties as both have probably missed out.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2016, 18:52   #62
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Fair points Caryl. I know its an emotive subject, but I dont think we should make this forum a closed shop and let all fans express their opinion.

Whatever happened I think its a shame for both parties as both have probably missed out.
I'm not suggesting a closed shop .. I think the words at the top of every page identify that this should be a forum where Meat is respected, and that gossip, speculation, rumour etc should not be indulged in because they are not informed opinion. Meat is clearly going to remain the professional he is and not comment.

So, by all means celebrate Patti's work with Meat and since .. say you think she's the best if that's your view, say you think the shows lack something without her if that's your opinion. Some will agree, some won't. That's fair enough and fair comment whatever your perspective. But I think it's reasonable for members to simply accept the reasons and way she left the band are not our business, will not be revealed by Meat, so comment on that will be uninformed, and the topic should really be a dead horse left unflogged.

Last edited by CarylB; 10 Dec 2016 at 19:19.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2016, 19:36   #63
nightinr
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 04.09.2011
Posts: 202
Default

The reason why people are so passionate about this subject is because Patti was the best member of The Neverland Express there has ever been. I dont remember people getting so mad when other long standing members of the band left. So even a suggestion Patti was sacked by email which she clearly has said makes people very angry.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 10 Dec 2016, 19:53   #64
Meat Loaf_fan
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 01.03.2008
Location:  Gdańsk (Poland)
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
The reason why people are so passionate about this subject is because Patti was the best member of The Neverland Express there has ever been ...
What about Amy Goff ... or Bob Kulick ... or Steve Buslowe? Of course - you have every right to have your own opinion, but I also have my own.



PS. Am I miss something or there are new facts/gossips about Patti? If not - why to start another discussion with so high emotions?
Meat Loaf_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 10 Dec 2016, 20:56   #65
roomster
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 11.03.2009
Location:  Norway
Posts: 517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Loaf_fan View Post

PS. Am I miss something or there are new facts/gossips about Patti? If not - why to start another discussion with so high emotions?
http://patti-rocks.com/god-it-again-by-patti-russo/
roomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2016, 21:17   #66
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!
 
Join Date: 18.01.2004
Location:  Northamptonshire
Posts: 6,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomster View Post
Patti sees the world how she sees it. The joining Meat on tour could have been over many years ago (as was planned with last world tour several times). Perhaps she deserved better the last few years I agree but she also had an opportunity for a long time most good singers never get.

It is now and has been (for several years) time for her to move on and stop dwelling on the past. Nothing good will come out of retelling and reselling the "I was fired" story. It happens to countless people and artists each day. It is looking more unlikely each month that Meat will take back to the stage. It is not as if she missed out on large audiences. Perhaps a stable pay check for a few years.

If you really want to make it as a solo artist you need to be 100% focused on that. There is too much completion out there to keep messing about with the getting people to feel sorry for you approach.

In April 2014 I saw an artist live who could stand on her own feet and was just brilliant when she had a great band to help her. Focusing on memoir writing, thinking about the past etc and such stuff might make her feel good but it simply isn't a job, nor will it gain her much recognition (if that is what she still craves).

There are other avenues she could go down (providing singing lessons perhaps) that I just think will be more satisfying than keep wondering what she missed out on for the last 3 years.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Dislikes This Post.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 11 Dec 2016, 03:35   #67
letsgotoofar
Senior Loafer
 
Join Date: 12.09.2016
Location: In front of a computer, duh.
Posts: 196
Default

She wrote one blog entry, it's hardly an indicator focusing on memoirs and thinking about the past is her number one priority.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 11 Dec 2016, 12:24   #68
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!
 
Join Date: 18.01.2004
Location:  Northamptonshire
Posts: 6,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
She wrote one blog entry, it's hardly an indicator focusing on memoirs and thinking about the past is her number one priority.
I'm not basing my criticism solely on that one blog entry.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2016, 13:06   #69
nightinr
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 04.09.2011
Posts: 202
Default

Andrew I think Patti is slightly better than becoming a singing teacher, but I'm sure she'll appreciate your advice?!
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 11 Dec 2016, 15:19   #70
letsgotoofar
Senior Loafer
 
Join Date: 12.09.2016
Location: In front of a computer, duh.
Posts: 196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I'm not basing my criticism solely on that one blog entry.
Well, the one blog entry is the only thing I've seen come directly from her, as opposed to fan-based speculation from who knows what source, so given that and your statement, I'd have to say your criticism is built on even less solid ground than I thought if that's the case.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 17:47   #71
eltmatt
Senior Loafer
 
Join Date: 04.03.2010
Posts: 175
Default

Some peoples defense of Meat on here is so predictable, not sure why every discussion must turn to people being made out like they are slagging Meat. As a fellow musician I am interested in every aspect of Meat's professional career including his relationships with those he works with.

I know very well there are 2 sides to every story, I am simply curious as to what went down, I don't entirely believe she was let go for no reason at all.
eltmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 18:06   #72
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!
 
Join Date: 18.01.2004
Location:  Northamptonshire
Posts: 6,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Andrew I think Patti is slightly better than becoming a singing teacher, but I'm sure she'll appreciate your advice?!
Considering she blocked me on Twitter when she wrongly thought I was trolling her I doubt she cares.

Suggesting industry professionals use their skills to inspire or help others is hardly insulting.

There are countless of backings singers who have failed to make it on their own after leaving or being dismissed from leading acts. Perhaps you think this reality is too harsh for Patti.

Last edited by AndrewG; 12 Dec 2016 at 18:11.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2016, 18:15   #73
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!
 
Join Date: 18.01.2004
Location:  Northamptonshire
Posts: 6,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
Well, the one blog entry is the only thing I've seen come directly from her, as opposed to fan-based speculation from who knows what source, so given that and your statement, I'd have to say your criticism is built on even less solid ground than I thought if that's the case.
See you could, if you cared, have asked me "what are you basing your opinion on?" but you seem to take more satisfaction out of dismissing it and suggesting that no one has more information than you. Thus there is no point me even engaging with your critiques of my opinion if you are that closed minded.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2016, 18:28   #74
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!
 
Join Date: 18.01.2004
Location:  Northamptonshire
Posts: 6,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltmatt View Post
Some peoples defense of Meat on here is so predictable, not sure why every discussion must turn to people being made out like they are slagging Meat. As a fellow musician I am interested in every aspect of Meat's professional career including his relationships with those he works with.

I know very well there are 2 sides to every story, I am simply curious as to what went down, I don't entirely believe she was let go for no reason at all.
The reason will ultimately not help anyone anymore. Even if more fans of either Meat or Patti know the details.

I was let go by an IT company several years ago (as were many others at the time). The reasons were out of my hands and out of my managers' hands. Thus the reason to a certain extent doesn't even matter anymore, certainly not years later. Sometimes a change in circumstances or intentions etc means it will have a negative effect on employment as frustrating, hurtful and annoying as it can be.

I am pointing out that I think people should move on, certainly Patti should because as I said EVEN if she hadn't been let go there are totally no performances on the horizon with Meat at the moment. Her career post the age of 50 or so was always going to be uncertain if she had relied fully and only on Meat. If you think that my suggestion of moving on is equal as to coming to Meat's defence then I think you are wrong.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 21:16   #75
nightinr
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 04.09.2011
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltmatt View Post
Some peoples defense of Meat on here is so predictable, not sure why every discussion must turn to people being made out like they are slagging Meat. As a fellow musician I am interested in every aspect of Meat's professional career including his relationships with those he works with.

I know very well there are 2 sides to every story, I am simply curious as to what went down, I don't entirely believe she was let go for no reason at all.
Yep its almost like people are brainwashed and can't think for themselves.

For example some people said Bat 3 was best album ever and what a great job Desmond Child had done. Fast forward a few years and people make out Desmond Child is the devil. I personally thought Bat 3 was and is a good album. The only mistake they made was not having Blind as a Bat as the lead single.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R. Hosted by noscon.it.

Get Firefox!

Page generated in 0.14562 seconds with 13 queries.