PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 04 Feb 2014, 13:23   #1
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Default Braver Than We Are, Vegas and Australia

Interview featuring clips of the Las Vegas show. Meat also talks about Braver Than We Are. It will be the first track on the new album, and features Ellen and Karla. He also mentions again about doing Last At Bat in Australia.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-morning-s...urns-to-vegas/
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Feb 2014, 17:31   #2
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
He also mentions again about doing Last At Bat in Australia.
I've never been to Australia...
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2014, 19:34   #3
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

strange how they want to know more about how much pull he has with his name than knowing about his working with Steinman on the new album
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Feb 2014, 21:30   #4
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Not really. It was just a piece of fluff for a breakfast TV programme. The presenters probably don't give two shits about Steinman.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Feb 2014, 22:21   #5
JennaG
The Magpie!

I don't really think there was much TO say about the new album at present as it's still a work in progress. I believe that these promo appearances were arranged for the Las Vegas residency even though some presenters don't seem all that interested in that either. The promo appearances for the album will come nearer to its release when Meat has more information to give.
JennaG is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Feb 2014, 22:37   #6
loaferman61
Deo Vindice

have to wonder how many Jim songs - either written by or supervised/suggested by him- we will get. It could over-shadow anything else on the album. They are setting the bar high. Who is going to follow the Meat Loaf - Steinman reunion?
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2014, 00:33   #7
AndrewG
Becoming a vegetarian is a missed steak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
Who is going to follow the Meat Loaf - Steinman reunion?
My wish would be for some more James Michael/Nikki Sixx and perhaps some Paul Jacobs/Sarah Durkee.

Those were involved in most of my favourite non Steinman Meat Loaf songs. Maybe some Todd Rundgren style backing vocals too.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Feb 2014, 02:35   #8
AndrewG
Becoming a vegetarian is a missed steak.

I think there is probably enough Steinman material out there that would make a full if perhaps a somewhat odd Meat Loaf album. I can picture the More than you deserve demos/songs and others to be used along with Braver and Body. Things like Souvenirs and Smoke Song would be good and Who Needs the Young almost seems to have that crazy edgy sound we more recently got from My Chemical Romance (such as their song Mama). Train of Love could be on there as well. I think with a Rob Cavallo production it would be an exceptional album.

But obviously I'll take whatever comes our way.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2014, 04:46   #9
Mr. Happy
The Happy?

Quote:
have to wonder how many Jim songs - either written by or supervised/suggested by him- we will get. It could over-shadow anything else on the album. They are setting the bar high. Who is going to follow the Meat Loaf - Steinman reunion?
Meat said ages ago on here that both Rick Brantely and James Michael were contributing songs to the album. Should be good, just based on that alone

I just want to hear What Part of My Body and/or (preferably and ) We're Still the Children. Of course I'll be happy with anything we get to hear...but those two are really the Holy Grail of Meat Loaf for me. Anything other than those two are a very, very nice bonus
Mr. Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2014, 08:27   #10
tonyloaf
Metal Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyK! View Post
I've never been to Australia...
I hear its really nice, i will let you know tho :)
tonyloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2014, 13:34   #11
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
He said on the Larry King show that he has 4 songs from Steinman and that Jim had just emailed him that he was writing another. Rick Brantley and James Michael are writing too
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Feb 2014, 14:11   #12
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Jim had just emailed him that he was writing another.
So we'll get the album in 2018 then?

He also said somewhere there was a song from Dave Berg. He wrote All Of Me, so I'm not complaining about that.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Feb 2014, 14:30   #13
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:

He also said somewhere there was a song from Dave Berg. He wrote All Of Me, so I'm not complaining about that.
That's always the worry And yes, I forgot Dave Berg, and feel the same. The release has moved to 2015 .. but I sense with the years ticking by Meat will want to get a push on for it not to slip further. He still wants to do his album of duets

But given it's moved from a "couple" of sings, to 3, then 4, and now a possible 5th it should make some happy
Old 05 Feb 2014, 15:11   #14
duke knooby
criminal mastermind

Quote:

But given it's moved from a "couple" of songs, to 3, then 4, and now a possible 5th it should make some happy
I'm happy :)
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Feb 2014, 15:58   #15
tonyloaf
Metal Head

exciting things to come!!
tonyloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 05 Feb 2014, 19:12   #16
loaferman61
Deo Vindice

Quote:

I am willing to wait a bit more if Jim is more involved. 2018 may be a bit much though. I am glad to see that Jim is up to 4 songs, last I saw Meat said in an interview that he was trying to twist Jim's arm for three.

Surely given how long he has been developing stuff that never materialized Jim has some stuff pretty much done. I think Jim's involvement beyond writing is imporatant as well (see Bat 3). Even if Jim just listens to stuff and makes suggestions if he does not want to actually do the hands on work I would be happy with that.

I just think of being a writer and having what I think is a great song then having it second on the CD behind a 14 minute Steinman epic with Karla and Ellen featured on it. That is a tough thing to follow.
Old 05 Feb 2014, 19:30   #17
Evil One
Mega Loafer

I don't expect Braver Than We Are to be stretched out to 14 minutes.
Old 05 Feb 2014, 22:04   #18
loaferman61
Deo Vindice

Quote:
I don't expect Braver Than We Are to be stretched out to 14 minutes.
I thought Meat said that once, but he may have been joking.
Old 06 Feb 2014, 02:31   #19
Paul Richardson
Super Loafer

Quote:
He said on the Larry King show that he has 4 songs from Steinman and that Jim had just emailed him that he was writing another.
Back in the day 7 songs were enough for an album ... just 2 to go then ...
Paul Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2014, 02:47   #20
CarylB
Mega Loafer

He has songs from James Michael, Rick Brantley and Dave Berg as well, so he's at least at 7 already and counting .. They write great songs for him, so I'm looking forward to another great album again
Old 06 Feb 2014, 08:13   #21
rockfenris2005
Mega Loafer

Quote:
He said on the Larry King show that he has 4 songs from Steinman and that Jim had just emailed him that he was writing another. Rick Brantley and James Michael are writing too
Wish we could see a link. I can't find anything on the web.

Edit: Found video. Not sure if I'm allowed to post though. If you want to watch it, send me a PM?

Last edited by rockfenris2005; 06 Feb 2014 at 08:23.
rockfenris2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2014, 09:08   #22
JennaG
The Magpie!

Quote:
have to wonder how many Jim songs - either written by or supervised/suggested by him- we will get. It could over-shadow anything else on the album.
Not for me it won't.

As someone who has enjoyed a lot of Meat's recent work that wasn't written by Steinman, I'm rather looking forward to hearing the contributions from the other writers and to be honest I'm looking forward to those more than I am the Steinman songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 View Post
Wish we could see a link. I can't find anything on the web.

Edit: Found video. Not sure if I'm allowed to post though. If you want to watch it, send me a PM?
The links to Meat's promo appearances have been posted in this thread

I couldn't see a reason why we wouldn't be allowed to post links to these kind of videos so I've been posting a few.
JennaG is online now   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 06 Feb 2014, 10:56   #23
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Why on earth would it not be fine? People post links to bootlegs here all the time, and these are official promotional appearances, done by Meat to have the widest audience and promote his show in Vegas. There are plenty of links posted here, even more on his Facebook page where they try and keep fans up to date with all the shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaG View Post
Not for me it won't.

As someone who has enjoyed a lot of Meat's recent work that wasn't written by Steinman, I'm rather looking forward to hearing the contributions from the other writers and to be honest I'm looking forward to those more than I am the Steinman songs.
I tend to agree. Three stand out albums for me have been CHSIB, HCTB and HIAH. I'm a Meat fan, and he doesn't record songs that fail to impress me. I certainly don't think the writers contributing to this album have anything to be apprehensive about All Revved Up wasn't diminished by only being 4 minutes long! The idea reminds me of a TV show from long ago .. "Never mind the quality, feel the width!" A song that is short rather than lengthy, with lyrics that strike a powerful chord, and is beautifully delivered can have just as much impact, sometimes more
Old 06 Feb 2014, 11:43   #24
rockfenris2005
Mega Loafer

I asked because the video was posted on YouTube and not the site for Larry King. I wanted to be sure. The Larry site only has clips.
rockfenris2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2014, 12:07   #25
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I asked because the video was posted on YouTube ..
As are all the bootlegs I think when people put things on YT with open access they accept people will view them and post links to them .. and in this case the artist being interviewed would be happy for the interview to get the widest circulation