Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 14 Nov 2012, 06:52   #151
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterfive View Post
Those demo's Jim wrote won't be used for a Meat Loaf song from what I understand. There is a reason those songs never made it to full production.
And what reason is that?

If it's because they lack quality I would LOVE to hear what else he's got.
Evil Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2012, 07:24   #152
Paul Richardson
Super Loafer

Quote:
Well on facebook a former colleague and current friend of Jim is my friend on facebook. We talk and I would ask him how it is going with Steinman. He tells me about the good old days and I hear the most fascinating things about Jim. I happen to what Jim is doing professional wise, right now from what I am told Bat the musical is on hold due to lack of motivation. Right now besides talking with Meat Loaf about making him a song or two to get more people to buy his next record. The problem is Jim is losing his will to do any kind of work since he is proberly one of the most lazy musical geniuses of our time. Well he is not totally lazy but he works faster if its a project he loves doing. However now there is rarely any kind of projects he can get excited about. Its sad really how someone with so much talent is just getting older and older.
Thanks for this.
Paul Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2012, 07:55   #153
Mr. Happy
The Happy?

Quote:
All the above Steinman info
I honestly don't know whether to believe this or not (as much as I'd like to), but if we do...so this means three entirely new songs (as in, brand brand new and not left over pieces like What Part of My Body?) and one old song from before Bat 2? And what demoes are you referring to? The Batman stuff?

Total Eclipse, Making Love, Tonight is What It Means to Be Young, Stark Raving Love, Dance in My Pants and Faster Than the Speed of Night are really the only options that make sense, the other Bonnie stuff / Pandora's Box isn't really male orientated. I'd be happy with any of those except Dance in My Pants
Mr. Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2012, 13:36   #154
ricgough
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Happy View Post
I honestly don't know whether to believe this or not (as much as I'd like to), but if we do...so this means three entirely new songs (as in, brand brand new and not left over pieces like What Part of My Body?) and one old song from before Bat 2? And what demoes are you referring to? The Batman stuff?

Total Eclipse, Making Love, Tonight is What It Means to Be Young, Stark Raving Love, Dance in My Pants and Faster Than the Speed of Night are really the only options that make sense, the other Bonnie stuff / Pandora's Box isn't really male orientated. I'd be happy with any of those except Dance in My Pants
Apparently Meat hates Stark raving love - well that is what has been often repeated over the years.

Seriously - don't forget "more". That makes sense with the "asthma" comment, Jim has revisited it in latter years and Meat has been playing it (the original 80's version) after shows.....

DIMP has been around long enough for Meat to have done something with it by now if he was going to, Making love has been done by both Air supply and more recently Bonnie - why do we need another version and what is Meat going to add to it by doing it again? I really like TIWIMTBY, but quite how you would re-work that to take account of Meat's asthma I really don't know.

Last edited by ricgough; 14 Nov 2012 at 13:48.
ricgough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2012, 15:43   #155
ricgough
Loafer

Misterfive - Has anything been said about the rock version of nutcracker?

Last edited by ricgough; 14 Nov 2012 at 15:52.
ricgough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2012, 17:33   #156
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

It's a cool title. A few songs by Steinman would be welcome by me.
glamourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2012, 22:08   #157
misterfive
Super Loafer

He didn't like those songs and Meat didn't either, they just didn't do well, we may like them but lets face it we're fans.
misterfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2012, 22:12   #158
misterfive
Super Loafer

Quote:

I am referring to demo's like "What a war", "go go gorrella's", and "what part of my body hurts the most". And yes he is working on brand new stuff. And I asked yesterday and from I understand it isn't coming from Bonnie Tylers track list. So we might be getting Safe Sex or Stark Raving Love but he isn't sure.

Last edited by misterfive; 14 Nov 2012 at 22:20. Reason: grammar
Old 14 Nov 2012, 22:18   #159
misterfive
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricgough View Post
Misterfive - Has anything been said about the rock version of nutcracker?
Funny you should ask, I asked last nigth and he said Jim is really excited to redo "I'll kill you if you don't come back" for the rat kings song. And is hoping that Terry Jones will get back to him. However from what I hear we might aspect a movie rather than a theatrical play.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 22:24   #160
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

No offence to Mr 5, but the ammout of rumours that have surrounded Jimmy from people who have worked for him, are working with him, are producing his next production, are related to the person paying for his next production, helped bury the real Jim Steinman so the impostor could take over, are writting songs with him, and place him on the grassy knoll in Dallas '63, make it very hard to accept anything said about him without a couple of tablespoons full of salt.

I don't know why, but Jimmy really seems to attract the nutters

Anyway, back to the album..........
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 22:33   #161
Gez
Knicker thief

Gez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2012, 22:41   #162
loaferman61
Deo Vindice

Quote:
I am referring to demo's like "What a war", "go go gorrella's", and "what part of my body hurts the most". And yes he is working on brand new stuff. And I asked yesterday and from I understand it isn't coming from Bonnie Tylers track list. So we might be getting Safe Sex or Stark Raving Love but he isn't sure.
I think Safe Sex would not work with a male vocal unless the words were majorly reworked to a duet with Patti. I still think Meat could make "Body" a masterpiece.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2012, 23:23   #163
duke knooby
criminal mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
thats my excuse then
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 01:02   #164
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

These tracks should be on: What part of my body and Bible and a Beer with Patti only.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2012, 01:45   #165
MarkS
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
These tracks should be on: What part of my body and Bible and a Beer with Patti only.
It's a meatloaf album, why would there be a Patti solo song??

I want him to stay away from Steinman material and continue with his own vision, I feel the last two albums were two of his best

Sent from my iPad mini using Forum Runner
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 04:00   #166
misterfive
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
No offence to Mr 5, but the ammout of rumours that have surrounded Jimmy from people who have worked for him, are working with him, are producing his next production, are related to the person paying for his next production, helped bury the real Jim Steinman so the impostor could take over, are writting songs with him, and place him on the grassy knoll in Dallas '63, make it very hard to accept anything said about him without a couple of tablespoons full of salt.

Anyway, back to the album..........
Are you calling my friend a nut?
Old 15 Nov 2012, 04:03   #167
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS View Post

I want him to stay away from Steinman material and continue with his own vision, I feel the last two albums were two of his best

Sent from my iPad mini using Forum Runner
I dunno, why does Jim have a spoken word track on every ML album he's done?
Old 15 Nov 2012, 04:03   #168
misterfive
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
I think Safe Sex would not work with a male vocal unless the words were majorly reworked to a duet with Patti. I still think Meat could make "Body" a masterpiece.
It would be nice but in truth if Jim hadn't done anything with it by now I doubt he ever will.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 04:05   #169
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Quote:
It would be nice but in truth if Jim hadn't done anything with it by now I doubt he ever will.
What I want to know is why somebody else doesn't do something with them. The demos are out there. Somebody should be doing a produced version.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 04:21   #170
Mr. Happy
The Happy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricgough View Post
Apparently Meat hates Stark raving love - well that is what has been often repeated over the years.

Seriously - don't forget "more". That makes sense with the "asthma" comment, Jim has revisited it in latter years and Meat has been playing it (the original 80's version) after shows.....

DIMP has been around long enough for Meat to have done something with it by now if he was going to, Making love has been done by both Air supply and more recently Bonnie - why do we need another version and what is Meat going to add to it by doing it again? I really like TIWIMTBY, but quite how you would re-work that to take account of Meat's asthma I really don't know.
I completely forgot about More, which is kind of stupid of me seeing as you mentioned it above my post. It fits the description perfectly, that's for sure. It's half spoken You could make an argument for Tonight is What It Means in that a lot of is sung by the backing vocals (let the revels begin!), but that's pushing it. The lead bit is there is is pretty intense.

I also forgot about Loving You's a Dirty Job. If Paul is still reading this thread...you were hoping to do an album with duets, yeah?

Semi-side note. How awesome would More be as the opening song at a Meat Loaf concert (or album, for that matter)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ernie View Post
What I want to know is why somebody else doesn't do something with them. The demos are out there. Somebody should be doing a produced version.
Dream Engine did, for what that's worth

Last edited by Mr. Happy; 15 Nov 2012 at 04:45.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 05:11   #171
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Dream Engine did, for what that's worth
Are those not the said demos I was talking about?

I mean like produced, mastered, mixed and released on CD and iTunes. By either an established artist or maybe they could be a breakthrough song for a new star?

Hmmm, maybe I should make my own version. My personal hero could make me famous.

Only half kidding.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 05:28   #172
Mr. Happy
The Happy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ernie View Post
Are those not the said demos I was talking about?

I mean like produced, mastered, mixed and released on CD and iTunes. By either an established artist or maybe they could be a breakthrough song for a new star?

Hmmm, maybe I should make my own version. My personal hero could make me famous.

Only half kidding.
Same material, yeah, but I was under the impression that they already moved beyond the demo stage, and already were produced, mastered and mixed. Just rotting in Rinkoff's vault for some reason That's more what I was referring to. Was a tongue-in-cheek comment, Dream Engine did a produced version but it's not going anywhere.

We should do a serious fan recording thing and put together a CD of all these unreleased songs. Might be the only way they'll ever see the light of day
Old 15 Nov 2012, 13:23   #173
chairboys
Mega Loafer

Quote:

We should do a serious fan recording thing and put together a CD of all these unreleased songs. Might be the only way they'll ever see the light of day
I may not be able to provide anything artistically, but I'll buy the CD.
chairboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2012, 17:57   #174
misterfive
Super Loafer

I wonder what kind of album cover he will used on the album cover? I am hoping for something like Hang Cool Teddy Bear.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 19:20   #175
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
thats my excuse then

Quote:
Why would Meat want to include instrumentals? (Back Into Hell, Fiesta Des Thingio, Interezzmo, Monstro).

Or poetry read by the raving mad genius he was working with at the time? (Nocturnal Pleasure, Wasted Youth).

Not to mention 45 Seconds Of Ecstasy

I think Bible & A Beer worked really well in the context of the show when it was used. It would be nice to see it used in the same way on an album.

Quote:
I'm not hung up on Meat using Jimmy's songs, but i'm certainly not against the idea.
If the right songs are there, use them.

Quote:
Are you calling my friend a nut?
I'm not calling him anything
I'm simply pointing out that there have been enough bullshitters who claim to have some sort of connection to Jim, and saying that I wouldn't put much stock in any news about Jim or his projects unless it was from a 100% reliable source.

And I doubt a 100% reliable source exists as to what Jimmy is doing, not even Jimmy

If you don't at least keep in mind that someone you met online might not be on the level, i'd like to direct you to an email where you can make millions by helping the widow of an African general move a ton of cash out the country
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.