Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 19 Sep 2009, 12:23   #1251
RadioMaster
The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2006 View Post
I'm guessing they're aiming for a pre Christmas release - can't wait!
I'd hate to see the album rushed like that. From the short clips we know this sounds quite interesting, I'd rather wait another 6 months than getting another rushed bat3-clone.
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2009, 14:39   #1252
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
I couldn't disagree more when it comes to Meat's tweets. I consider any update special even though he's been consistently updating us almost daily. [...] I look forward to the end of my day to unwind and listen to what Meat had in store for the day.
I just don't think that one should feel obligated to post something on Twitter every day. Now there haven't been updates on Meat's page for about a week and people start to speculate why. What's the problem with taking a few days off from Twitter? I'm looking foward to new videos, too, but I rather want to enjoy them like a good wine than like a bag of potato chips. Some things are worth waiting for and I rather like to see one video with someone like Brian May than five three-second clips of whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
I'd rather wait another 6 months than getting another rushed bat3-clone.
Couldn't agree more.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2009, 16:35   #1253
CarylB
Mega Loafer

I enjoy any and all of Meat's tweets .. as others have said they're a lovely fillip to the day :) But he's a busy chap and it's not realistic to expect them daily, much as I loved it when he was in the studio every day and we had them.

As to the record coming out for Christmas .. No, I wouldn't want it to be rushed either, but just as important, the Christmas market is always targeted by flavour of the month artists and Christmas specials, and I wouldn't like to see the album submerged in these. Meat's said he will tour next year, and I'd expect them to carefully plan a release date for 2010 which would tie in best with that.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2009, 18:28   #1254
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Meat's said he will tour next year, and I'd expect them to carefully plan a release date for 2010 which would tie in best with that.

Caryl
That's the logical, sensible approach. The promotion for the last two albums was neither logical nor sensible.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2009, 21:16   #1255
Vickip
Mega Loafer

I know it's not official, but I've heard that it's going to be released sometime next Spring (2010). I'm sure we'll find out soon
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2009, 22:41   #1256
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
That's the logical, sensible approach. The promotion for the last two albums was neither logical nor sensible.
He should do what he did for BOOH2 and WTTN: do televised concerts on music channels.

Like the "History of meat loaf live" and "In the neighborhood" vh-1 specials and the "Intimate & Interactive" MuchMusic Special

Imagine if Meat and VH-1 opted for a CHSIB concert to be broadcast and decided to broadcast RAH or something? They tend to film meat on the good nights of the tour.

Or mabey another meat loaf storytellers session? i mean VH-1 seems to love meat.

Last edited by Wario; 19 Sep 2009 at 22:46.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2009, 22:57   #1257
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarioLoaf View Post
He should do what he did for BOOH2 and WTTN: do televised concerts on music channels.
Music channels? Does something like that still exist? I stopped watching MTV and other former music channels years ago because of all those stupid "reality", gossip and dating shows and annoying ringtone advertising. VH-1 Germany stopped broadcasting in 2001 - which is a pity because it was one of my favorite channels.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2009, 23:28   #1258
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
I'd hate to see the album rushed like that. From the short clips we know this sounds quite interesting, I'd rather wait another 6 months than getting another rushed bat3-clone.
I didn't realise that was rushing - I'm with you, I'd rather they take their time and do a quality job - from what I see so far, they seem to be. It's just that it would make a rather awesome Christmas present, assuming it was ready
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2009, 00:44   #1259
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickip View Post
I know it's not official, but I've heard that it's going to be released sometime next Spring (2010). I'm sure we'll find out soon
It's Spring now, we at least over here it is!!!! hahaha Sorry, couldn't resist.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2009, 00:48   #1260
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
Yeah now that he's changed record companies hopefully they'll do the right thing by him and promote it properly.

Carole
Old 20 Sep 2009, 01:17   #1261
RSG
Mega Loafer

I would like to see Meat be given the promotion they did with Green Day's American Idiot! Take a chance record company! Don't be big babies. The love of music is more important than the love of money!

I like how everyone in the Tweets are real people! I can't help but think they must have been bothered half the time with Meat and his camera! hahaha When I say real, I mean not acting like thugs or anything.
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2009, 12:36   #1262
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carole View Post
Yeah now that he's changed record companies hopefully they'll do the right thing by him and promote it properly.

Carole
is he with a new record company? and who?
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2009, 12:39   #1263
nikox1
Mega Loafer

it will be out for march/april, maybe february if theres a leak?
xmas time would be good for sales [ but not for chart position,media attention ]
Old 21 Sep 2009, 04:38   #1264
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikox1 View Post
is he with a new record company? and who?
Yeah he posted about a year or so ago about changing record companies. Sorry, can't remember which one he changed to.

Carole
Old 24 Sep 2009, 10:58   #1265
bobbin
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikox1 View Post
it will be out for march/april, maybe february if theres a leak?
xmas time would be good for sales [ but not for chart position,media attention ]
i think that's extremely optimistic
bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2009, 11:00   #1266
bobbin
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarioLoaf View Post

Or mabey another meat loaf storytellers session? i mean VH-1 seems to love meat.
another storytellers would be awesome, but not the same old songs, an updated version on recent albums maybe.

I do realise that would exclude alot of Steinman content and discussion but i think its a good idea
Old 24 Sep 2009, 13:05   #1267
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
i think that's extremely optimistic
why? thats when its gonna be released, followed by a summer tour
its simple really!! as i said only february if it got leaked!! mar/apr time
Old 24 Sep 2009, 13:47   #1268
roomster
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
another storytellers would be awesome, but not the same old songs, an updated version on recent albums maybe.
I'm not updated on VH1, but do they make and air new Storyteller-episodes nowadays?
roomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2009, 14:06   #1269
daveake
200% is the new 110%

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomster View Post
I'm not updated on VH1, but do they make and air new Storyteller-episodes nowadays?
Well, according to wikipedia, the latest one was in February this year, but in general they've been few and far between since 2001.

I like Meat's Storytellers' DVD, but it's a shame that Jim wasn't involved as planned.

Dave
daveake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2009, 16:21   #1270
wolfy35
Dangerous on a full moon

I honestly dont know when the album will be released and I dont listen to "rumours" that get posted around the net because the vast majority are untrue but....

I do know that from we see on the twitter posts Meat seems really happy in the studio and that coming from someone who has made no secret of his hate for studio work is a big thing. I honestly believe that Meat being happy will result in something really special so when it happens is not important for me
wolfy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2009, 17:02   #1271
*originaldancechick
Senior Loafer

What's happened to Meat's Tweets. He hasn't posted for quite a few days now. Luv cx
*originaldancechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2009, 19:31   #1272
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy35 View Post
I honestly dont know when the album will be released and I dont listen to "rumours" that get posted around the net because the vast majority are untrue but....

I do know that from we see on the twitter posts Meat seems really happy in the studio and that coming from someone who has made no secret of his hate for studio work is a big thing. I honestly believe that Meat being happy will result in something really special so when it happens is not important for me
I feel the same. It's been great to see him relaxed and enjoying the process and I hope too for something extra-special ... when it's ready :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *originaldancechick View Post
What's happened to Meat's Tweets. He hasn't posted for quite a few days now. Luv cx
He's probably busy working :) I'm sure we'll see something again from him on Twitter when he's ready and has time

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2009, 04:13   #1273
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:

I feel the same way, it's great to see Meat is happy and having so much fun recording this album. I think it will show in the finished product.

Carole
Old 25 Sep 2009, 12:37   #1274
bobbin
Senior Loafer

Quote:

i agree completely!
Old 25 Sep 2009, 20:18   #1275
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:

nobody knows? but if the album is roughly a month away from being finished
its likely gonna be out for the spring time [ albums get leaked very quick these days ] so the artist cant leave them hanging around for long!!
but time will tell?