mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 25 Nov 2010, 11:33   #76
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
Absolutely...NOT!

If she was that important how come they drafted in Aspen Miller when Patti wasn't there, instead of making CC leading lady?
Very good point. I honestly don't think CC needs replacing, the NLE is good enough with one lady in it.
Jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2010, 12:46   #77
ForeverInBat
Loafer

Default Farewell CC

I wish to thank CC Coletti for her efforts and superb performances with the NLE. She has been an amazing band member for years now and fast became my favourite, particularly during Bat3 tour. I wish her every success in the future and with her own solo career. She will be missed.

Now for the rant,,, what really annoys me about these forums is the fact that people cant simply have thread where they can say farewell or make comments on their favourite band members. At some point the idiots come out with ridiculous comments and insults to the rest.

To say the CC's position was never needed is a massive insult to the lady, and it makes me feel sick to think how people can turn so quickly. She was loved by all then when she leaves, ahh she wasnt really needed anyway. Its ridiculous.

For people to start discussing Aspen, then dismiss her, why!! What the hell has she done to deserve that, its just Patti fans with a grudge.

Speaking of which, I see all the Patti fans are back out in force, OMG didnt see that coming. Can forum members realise that there is more to the band than Patti. As for her being one of the greatest singers in the world, for me she is good but nothing special. If she was as great as everyone believes her to be, she wouldve done more. As for Meat's comments, well after the mess he made before Bat 3 he would say anything to keep Patti on side.

I am a Meat fan, I couldnt care less about who is in the band so long as they do the jobs they are paid to do, occasionally a favourite comes along - CC- but nevertheless, its Meat we got to see.

Im sure that when I go to the show next month it will be fantastic, regardless of who is in the band.

Brgds

C
ForeverInBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2010, 13:00   #78
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.D.M View Post
Now for the rant,,, what really annoys me about these forums is the fact that people cant simply have thread where they can say farewell or make comments on their favourite band members. At some point the idiots come out with ridiculous comments and insults to the rest.

Can forum members realise that there is more to the band than Patti. As for her being one of the greatest singers in the world, for me she is good but nothing special. If she was as great as everyone believes her to be, she wouldve done more.
Surely your above comments about Patti are the exact thing you've complained about regarding CC?

I don't think anyone here is saying that CC wasn't needed or didn't make a worthwhile contribution, I think what people are getting at is that the role of Second Female Vocalist/Backing Singer is a role that isn't essential whilst someone as strong as Patti is in the band. No-one is personally attacking CC, I'm sure the same comments would have come up whether that role had been CC, Aspen, Pearl...anyone.
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2010, 13:07   #79
ForeverInBat
Loafer

Patti's role as lead singer has never been questioned and she has been good in the role. I just dont agree with the comments that shes world class and all that.

Before posting I read carefully through all the posts on this thread, and sorry but if yu have read them, you would see that CC's position in the band has been questioned throughout, whether or not the mention her by name is irrellevant, the fact they question the 2nd lady position is an attack on CC. And this is disrespectful.

My comments regarding Patti, maybe they are a bit strong, for me I have never been a massive Patti fan and the fact she left and came back meant nothing to me, Aspen's time in the band was something of interest to me, but purely on vocal terms. But Patti has been good in the role, she does deserve credit for that! I shouldve added that, after my criticism.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 13:28   #80
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Quote:
Before posting I read carefully through all the posts on this thread, and sorry but if yu have read them, you would see that CC's position in the band has been questioned throughout, whether or not the mention her by name is irrellevant, the fact they question the 2nd lady position is an attack on CC. And this is disrespectful.
Yes CC's position in the band has been questioned, but as I've already said (at least twice now, actually) it is not a personal issue about CC, it's about whether the NLE needs two female singers at all, whether it's CC or anyone else.

If people had a debate as to whether the NLE needs a saxophonist it's not a personal attack on Dave Luther, it's discussing whether the instrument is needed. In this case, people are debating whether a second female voice is needed, regardless of who that voice belongs to. I'm sure the same conversations were had when Pearl joined and left the band back in the 90's.

In regards to your comments about Patti, I find it odd that you find it disrespectful to CC to discuss the role of second backing singer whether her name was mentioned or not but you'll openly describe Patti as "nothing special" think that's ok...
Old 25 Nov 2010, 14:31   #81
ForeverInBat
Loafer

Yes i do find it disrespectful, on a thread dedicated to forum members saying goodbye to a much loved band member, they use it as a means of slating the position she held. If I was her, or Pearl or whoever has held the title of 2nd lady I would find it extremely disrespectful to hear that the fans dont see the point of their being there and therefore their efforts unappreciated.

My comments re; Patti are placed in the same vain that everyone seems to feel the need to shout about the supposed world class ability of the woman, but i shudve guessed that opinions that dont match the more senior of members on here are treated as if i have commited some crime, maybe the senior members should realise that everyone has their own opinions and if they dont like the more junior members voicing their opinions the they should stop accepting members.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 14:50   #82
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Or maybe it has nothing to do with junior and senior members and more to do with certain members feeling that their opinions are more important than everyone else's.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2010, 14:52   #83
TheDoode

I think what Lucy is saying is that you're coming down on people for slating CC ... and then in the same breath you're doing exactly the same thing and slating Patti. You have to see this. Tell me that you see this? Where's Wally?

Did ya see him?

Word.

D.
TheDoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2010, 15:11   #84
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Quote:
but i shudve guessed that opinions that dont match the more senior of members on here are treated as if i have commited some crime, maybe the senior members should realise that everyone has their own opinions and if they dont like the more junior members voicing their opinions the they should stop accepting members.
Absolute rubbish, how long people have been members here is as irrelevant as gender, height, weight or shoe size. Of course everyone has their own opinions and everyone's entitled to voice them. What I was saying - as The Doode pointed out - is that you did the same thing to Patti that you took offence at with CC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
Or maybe it has nothing to do with junior and senior members and more to do with certain members feeling that their opinions are more important than everyone else's.
If that's aimed at me then you are so far off the mark, and to be honest it's just stirring. No-one's opinion is more important than anyone else's. C.D.M. posted their opinion, I read it and gave my opinion based on it, and as far as I'm concerned there's no disrespect involved. It's a shame that it couldn't just be an exchange of opinions or reasoned debate and has instead decended into someone apparently being a vicitm of having not been here long enough.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 15:29   #85
Evil One
Mega Loafer

I was not aiming for Lucy.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 15:32   #86
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

In which case I hope you'll accept my apologies.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 15:47   #87
Evil One
Mega Loafer

I'll think about it!
Old 25 Nov 2010, 15:50   #88
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

I agree with everything said in praise of CC.
I don't agree with a single word attacking Patti.

Does the band need a second female vocal?

Does a fat man need one more pie?

No, but it puts a smile on his face.

If we were to consider only what Meat "needs" he'd be in a 4 piece band.
CC has brought a lot to the role.
I liked her playing guitar, I liked her vocal work (especially her performance of 45 Seconds and how it worked so well in the show).
She did a great jod.Added another dimention.Again, to mention particular songs, Gimme Shelter was much stronger for her involvement, as was my personal concert favourite song (apart from Bat ) Lemon.
That is just to mention a couple of personal favourites.
And yes, she was also easy on the eye.I don't have a problem with that, and i'm certainly not going to hold it agaist her

Being lucky enough to meet her a couple of times, I can also testify that she is a genuinley nice person who took time to say hi to the fans, sign autographs, pose for photos, even after a hard night performing with the band.
She even seemed to enjoy doing that.

Was she a vital part of the band?
No.

Did she enhance the band with her talent?
Did her contribution bring a new dimention to certain songs?
Was she a warm and gracious presence while meeting fans?
Will she be missed by many?
Yes, to all of the above.

I don't blame Meat if he doesn't replace her as her role was not a vital one, but she sure as hell brought a lot to the extra role.

A quote springs to mind from American Yakuza (classic movie huh?) that goes something like........

"If all I wanted was what I need, i'd be living in a cardboard box with a blow up doll".
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2010, 22:23   #89
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
maybe the senior members should realise that everyone has their own opinions and if they dont like the more junior members voicing their opinions the they should stop accepting members.
I didn't realise there was senior and junior members...what the f*ck? I don't think you need to go all Susan Boyle crazy, just because someone doesn't post something you like...PEBBLES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
Does a fat man need one more pie?
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2010, 06:33   #90
BostonAngel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
I agree with everything said in praise of CC.
I don't agree with a single word attacking Patti. ......
Was she a vital part of the band?
No.
Did she enhance the band with her talent?
Did her contribution bring a new dimention to certain songs?
Was she a warm and gracious presence while meeting fans?
Will she be missed by many?
Yes, to all of the above.

I don't blame Meat if he doesn't replace her as her role was not a vital one, but she sure as hell brought a lot to the extra role.
Very well said! Sums it up quite nicely.
BostonAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2010, 07:15   #91
A Slice Of English

I wonder if this means we will get a different version of the tour guide at the UK concerts? I already have a US version...
A Slice Of English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2010, 18:16   #92
Mega Loafer

Interesting, guess we will have to wait and see !
24K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2010, 20:01   #93
*originaldancechick
Senior Loafer

You'll be a sad miss CC. Sorry you are going. Luv cx
*originaldancechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2010, 20:53   #94
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slice Of English View Post
I wonder if this means we will get a different version of the tour guide at the UK concerts? I already have a US version...
Maybe just one with photos of CC cut out.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2010, 21:04   #95
Evil One
Mega Loafer

As opposed to photos of CC with bits cut out?
Old 26 Nov 2010, 21:06   #96
AndyK
Relentless

School's finished for the weekend boys, save the playground humour till Monday
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2010, 21:11   #97
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Wario will be in charge on Monday so it won't be your problem!
Old 26 Nov 2010, 21:20   #98
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Don't they usually make different tour books for these tours anyway, if there is one at least? Never saw one on Casa I think, but then Meat Loaf merchandise is something I've not been that fussed about over the last several years.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2010, 22:27   #99
A Slice Of English

I always like to get a tour programme and was most disappointed when there wasn't one on the Casa tour. I will check out the programmes at the concert on Wednesday and if it is at all different to the one I bought from .net then I will be getting it for sure.
A Slice Of English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2010, 00:21   #100
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slice Of English View Post
I always like to get a tour programme and was most disappointed when there wasn't one on the Casa tour. I will check out the programmes at the concert on Wednesday and if it is at all different to the one I bought from .net then I will be getting it for sure.
they had the shot glasses from 3 bats on the casa tour so i wouldn't hold my breath for anything fantastic this time around.
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote