mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 27 Jan 2004, 21:58   #26
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW
In fact I have tried at least twice to get this topic back on track....and Vicki has hardly posted to the thread.

I'd be more than happy to discuss the online chat itself.

SueW
So what do you think about toes? only joking lol.

Was really nice to see so many people at the chat, the price for that was getting booted though.

Would of been cool for Kasim to of done the play he had planned, anyone know what it was?

Deb
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2004, 21:59   #27
BadAttitude
Super Loafer

Hey, SueW

I would love to discuss the chat and what Kasim had to say.
How hopeful did he sound about the concerts being sold on ebay, I think that it sounds like a good idea, I know with not living in the UK and being able to attend any concerts over there I would love to buy one or two of the concerts if they should become available on ebay.

Also would love to discuss some of Kasims work as I have very little knowledge of his work and would love some feed back on Quid Pro Quo (I think that is the name of the album).

Take care.

~Autumn~
BadAttitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2004, 23:15   #28
SueW

Kasim said at the chat that the E-Bay idea was Meat Loaf's and that if it does go ahead then there would be loads of copies available. (One possible solution, although not mentioned at the chat, could be to do it at a Buy It Now price so that fans don't have to bid against each other).

I don't want to post the link here (as I don't want to upset R!) but we have a messageboard on KasimInfo.com when we quite often discuss Quid Pro Quo. Or start a new thread here (as it wasn't mentioned much at the chat).

Btw, Kasim did say that he's sold out of copies of QPQ at the Meat Loaf concerts so if the other 2 concerts do go ahead, you can not purchase them at the venues but there are links on both KasimSulton.com and KasimInfo.com to buy the album.

SueW
SueW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 04:17   #29
libertine
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultonfan
Would of been cool for Kasim to of done the play he had planned, anyone know what it was?

Deb
The Bald Soprano by Eugene Ionesco... It's from the genre known as Theatre of the Absurd. Takes some getting used to. And it's very difficult to memorize as the lines don't relate to each other in a normal question/answer, logical flow of things.

Kasim was going to have a British accent, it sounded pretty good to me when he gave me a small sample this summer - and I'm a theatre major with a distinct Anglophile streak ... But then again I tend to make allowances for Kasim, imagine that... Given his lack of formal acting training, it really wasn't half bad... and consider the audience - they all would have been hearing it through their NY filters anyhow. Hehehe...

Vicki said
Quote:
As I said before, I tried for at least 15-20 minutes to get into the chat, and was unsucessful. I've heard I'm not the only one ... which is something you may want to think about in the future
FYI - Gina & I are the co-mods at the Yahoo board, and neither of us has even seen this kind of turnout for a Kasim chat before - it was record-breaking (at least from the 2 - 3 years since I've been a part of the crew). When Kasim & I were setting up the chat, we tried to make it at a better time for the UK folks, since they're usually up terribly late to talk to him. Seems to have worked out well for everyone, although the unwanted side-effect was the booting out of participants - even Kasim got kicked out twice... I myself got booted about 20 minutes into Kasim's time with us and couldn't even get back to the home page until the next day . Not a happy camper with Yahoo right now...

If anyone has suggestions for how to make the chat room more stable/cooperative, I'd be more than happy to hear them :) Or if you know of a more reliable chat "spot" we could "borrow" for occasional Kasim chats, let me know that as well...

-Laura, aka libertine
libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 04:50   #30
BadAttitude
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW
Kasim said at the chat that the E-Bay idea was Meat Loaf's and that if it does go ahead then there would be loads of copies available. (One possible solution, although not mentioned at the chat, could be to do it at a Buy It Now price so that fans don't have to bid against each other).

I don't want to post the link here (as I don't want to upset R!) but we have a messageboard on KasimInfo.com when we quite often discuss Quid Pro Quo. Or start a new thread here (as it wasn't mentioned much at the chat).

Btw, Kasim did say that he's sold out of copies of QPQ at the Meat Loaf concerts so if the other 2 concerts do go ahead, you can not purchase them at the venues but there are links on both KasimSulton.com and KasimInfo.com to buy the album.

SueW
Hi, SueW

And thanks for the reply yes, I do think that the buy it now option would be the way to go on ebay and that way no one is having to bid against each other and there is a fixed price for each concert being offered. I hoep that this works out and it the price is not to hi then some of us can buy a couple copies of the different concert that Meat did in the UK.

Also thank you for the information on Kasims album I really want to check it out as I have heard so many poeple on the list talking about it.

Take care and thanks again for the information.
~Autumn~
BadAttitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 14:15   #31
ChrisBelfast
Mega Loafer

one more try,

If Kasim was to do a UK solo tour, what sort of venues would he do? Could he open for other major acts to try and build up his name? e.g the darkness owe a favour to Meat and Co? etc
ChrisBelfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 14:28   #32
ROSIE
Invisible again!

That's agreat idea Chris who do you think would be suitable ?/

Rosie

Can't believe this we are on a roll 2 posts on topic I need to lie down
ROSIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 14:33   #33
Deb
Mega Loafer

I'd love to see Kasim over here, Opening would get him more bums on seats, but i'd also like to see some solo shows.

3 now rosie
Old 28 Jan 2004, 14:37   #34
ChrisBelfast
Mega Loafer

this could turn out a good discussion, i think it prob deserves a thread of its own:

Yeah solo shows would be great, if he was to open again i think some one like Eric Clapton would be good - i see some similarities plus it would prob be an honour too
Old 28 Jan 2004, 14:37   #35
ROSIE
Invisible again!

Yes but he needs to perform in smaller more intimate venues like the Royal Theatre in Norwich (hint) that way he would make more impact to a captive audience that couldn't disappear to the bar every five minutes before the main event started

Rosie

4 getting scary
Old 28 Jan 2004, 14:45   #36
Deb
Mega Loafer

Yeah i think someone with the similar type of audience would be better to open for, Richie Sambora is talking of doing a solo sometime, I'm pretty sure he'd love Kasim to open for him. And then play bass straight after of course That would be heaven...

5 now.... wowow
Old 28 Jan 2004, 15:31   #37
Winston
Super Loafer

he didn't open them all....... anyway

I don't know any venues in the UK, but I couldn't care less where he played, it would be a hell of alot cheaper than going to the US :P

Winston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 15:33   #38
ChrisBelfast
Mega Loafer

Winston,

What Vicarage road like. How big is it?
Old 28 Jan 2004, 15:44   #39
Winston
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNI
Winston,
What Vicarage road like. How big is it?
Vicar Street. It's actually a deadly venue. It holds around 200 or so people. Alot of artists actually play there. David Lee Roth was due to play there recently, but he went and broke his face after falling of stage
Old 28 Jan 2004, 15:48   #40
ROSIE
Invisible again!

A deadly venue Winston

Rosie
Old 28 Jan 2004, 15:50   #41
ChrisBelfast
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston
Vicar Street.
LOL Yeah thats what i meant! Vicarage Road is where Watford Football Club play
Old 28 Jan 2004, 15:59   #42
Deb
Mega Loafer

The tavern Club In Liverpool would be cool :)
Old 28 Jan 2004, 15:59   #43
Winston
Super Loafer

I'd prefer Anfield myself Chris :P
But Kasim could get his ass over to Dublin and play Vicar Street, and then all back to mine :P :P
Old 28 Jan 2004, 16:57   #44
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Anyway, back on topic (at least for two minutes ), I think that the Cavern (don't know the Tavern Deb unless you mean Cavern) would be a great venue for Kasim to play .
It's a very historical music venue.Not too big.His Beatles cover went down a storm during the Having Fun For The Summer tour.AND, if he did play the Cavern he'd get to have his name engraved on a brick (all together WWWWOOOOOOOOOO )Actually it is pretty cool all the famous names on one wall.Kasim would be a welcome addition.
I can't argue with him playing Anfield either as it's less than 5 minutes walk from my house .So if anyone wants a pre show cuppa.......

As for suport, hmm, bit more difficult .LOVE the idea of Eric Clapton, but no offence to Kasim, but you don't want a name that big in suport .He needs someone a little more average.I supose I could check my diary
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 17:17   #45
Deb
Mega Loafer

[quote="THE FLYING MOUSE"] Anyway, back on topic (at least for two minutes ), I think that the Cavern (don't know the Tavern Deb unless you mean Cavern) would be a great venue for Kasim to play .quote]

Lol Niel, Its them over long posts thats confused my brain!!

I'm up for a cuppa if Kasim finds his way up north
Old 28 Jan 2004, 18:53   #46
R.
You dig.

Chart part of the original thread.
If something's missing, tell me.

Now folks, behave and post on topic!
R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 20:26   #47
AndyK
Relentless

Nice move R!!! Was thinking this should have happened while I was out freezing my nads off walking the dog...

anyway to stay on topic, if Kasim is doing a solo tour then he can't miss out The Lowry in Manchester, which is the best small venue in this area... and it's only up the road form me, so the kettle will be on
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 20:31   #48
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK
Nice move R!!! Was thinking this should have happened while I was out freezing my nads off walking the dog...

anyway to stay on topic, if Kasim is doing a solo tour then he can't miss out The Lowry in Manchester, which is the best small venue in this area... and it's only up the road form me, so the kettle will be on
Only the kettle? was hoping I wouldnt be pregnant by then lol.

Think nearer me would be better, The cambridge Corn exchange maybe
Old 28 Jan 2004, 20:44   #49
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultonfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK

Only the kettle? was hoping I wouldnt be pregnant by then lol.

Think nearer me would be better, The cambridge Corn exchange maybe
Hey!! You can't have a six course meal accompanied by various wines followed by liquers without coffee can you?

Cambridge Corn Exchange is an excellent choice too!! Nice and intimate - reckon Kas would go down a storm there!
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 21:01   #50
Chris
Mega Loafer

I reckon an outdoor venue would be good.

Maybe Halifax Piece Hall,

Nice space, room for a few hundred peeps, "salmonella sam" could have his stall at the back doing suasages inna bun

What more could we want?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote