Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » mlukfc.com » Feedback Central

Old 04 Oct 2016, 18:45   #1
nightinr
Super Loafer

Default Ideas to make this forum more popular........

Let's be honest this forum is dying of death. Okay its popular when Meat Loaf releases a new album but usually there is little activity.

So ideas to reignite the forum.....(1) Let's be more tolerant of peoples views. If somebody dares say something that is slightly critical of Meat or Meat's music you are practically humiliated by the small clique that dominate the forum. Remember music is art....art is there to make people form an opinion - positive or negative. (2) I'd like to see more video threads...I know there has been few and I've really enjoyed these. (3) The forum format is a bit 1990's....appreciate the work people put in but it would be good if it can be brought to life!

Anybody else got any constructive ideas? This thread is intended to help this forum. Please see this thread as a positive not a negative.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2016, 19:13   #2
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Like most forums this one tends to go quickly when there is news or a new album, then it gradually winds down. If this is truly Meat's last album and with no tour dates planned, much of what could be discussed would be past topics many of which are exhausted.

Even BTWA did not cause as much activity as I would have thought, probably because so many people had most of it way before release date. Many had already done reviews soon after the itunes thing.

I don't know how much Meat may stop by here in the future, but I'm guessing rarely if ever.

As for making comments that upset people - well that is life. I notice the more a certain clique fight against them the more they take flight often times. With the possibility that Meat will be here less maybe it will loosen up since sometime he gets upset quickly. That kept many people on eggshells. I have some pages saved that were gone pretty fast once he got mad about something.

This forum is pretty much a hard-core group of fans of an older (chronologically speaking) artist so I wouldn't expect a huge influx of new people with new topics.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Oct 2016, 21:29   #3
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Its already popular. im here.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Dislikes This Post.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Oct 2016, 22:16   #4
Julie in the rv mirror
Spirit in the Night

I'm a member of several forums, and what I see happening here is pretty much happening on all of them, unfortunately. A new album or tour usually brings in people who might not visit otherwise, but once the "event" is over, many of them leave again. And there's nothing wrong with that. Some people spend most of their time on Facebook now.

I think in order to have enough people around to keep posting during off times, you need other off-topic forums with lots of interested people. In fact, one forum I'm on, the Political sub-forum is one of the most active, and some people don't even post in the other sections of the forum at all. I know we have a few off-topic forums here, but people don't seem too interested in them. I've tried to start topics in the "Other Rock and Roll Heroes" sub-forum, for instance, and no one replies.

I think we might get a few new members with the new album, but I don't see a large influx, unfortunately.
Julie in the rv mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Oct 2016, 23:27   #5
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Let's be more tolerant of peoples views. If somebody dares say something that is slightly critical of Meat or Meat's music you are practically humiliated by the small clique that dominate the forum.
Let's be honest .. you keep referring to this and I think you're as highly sensitive to any disagreement with your views as Meat is to harsh criticism. I think there has been a high level of tolerance to criticism of the new album .. but people ARE allowed to disagree with you.

The forum has been relatively quiet for many years during periods when Meat isn't touring or popping in and out. There's only so many times people can talk about their favourite album, only so many who want to discuss detail of albums gone by again. But no-one stops anyone from doing this.

Juile said
Quote:
I think in order to have enough people around to keep posting during off times, you need other off-topic forums with lots of interested people.
She's right .. and with the advent of FB many people discuss broader topics there. Rainer can't alter the habits/interest levels of members. Anyone can post videos, start topics, start topics that are off-topic; the level of interest shown is down to members and their interest and time

Personally I find this forum one that is well structured, easy to use and to find things, and well organised in that the moderators will move stuff from GM to appropriate sections. Works well and doesn't need major change imo. Thanks R :)
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Oct 2016, 19:21   #6
chairboys
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
The forum format is a bit 1990's....
That suits me just fine.

Facebook and Twitter, no thanks!

PS this site is quite friendly really. A few squabbles but lots of cuddles and laughs!
chairboys is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Like This Post.