mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 26 Feb 2010, 05:09   #76
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
Things are just fine in Loaf world. You have your favorite shoes but they just get old and you have to get new ones. John isn't going anywhere or is Dave ,Paul, Randy, CC or Patti.
Most of all I am still in the Band as well.
M
Thanks for the update Meat, really sorry to hear Mark is leaving and wish him all the very best. And I'm certainly glad YOU'RE not leaving the band!!!!!!!!!!

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 05:27   #77
Shane
Super Loafer

Default First Kasim and now Mark?

This reminds me of the period before the beginning of the Storytellers album/tour. Didn't a few band members leave then? I think it was Mark and Steve Buslowe.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 09:23   #78
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoduke View Post
The CDs and DVDs of old stuff that we have will last as long as we all live, but the live shows and new material won't. Let's look forward and enjoy them while we can, right?
That's how I feel.

Kasim and Mark are terrific players and, as far as my exerience is concerned, thoroughly nice people.

But it's Meat I go to see, and I know I can alays trust he will have a great band supporting him on stage .. but for me the key word is "support", because for me he's the main event. That's not to diminish the talent of anyone else, but I go to see "Meat Loaf". I've seen Meat on stage with and without Kasim and Mark, and he's never disappointed me.

Both Kasim and Mark have posted on their sites. That's enough for me. I don't think, and have never done, that Meat owes me explanations about changes in the band. It's his business and theirs, particularly at a time when he's working his ass off promoting something new and exciting. He comes here and talks to us .. something very special imo. Not many performers of Meat's stature do this. But however friendly and approachable he is (and he is both these things and he does listen to what we say) we are not part of his inner circle. None of us know how he feels about the changes and none of us can. He doesn't talk about how he feels about these things, I respect that, as I respect him, because it's simply not my business, and I respect him enough not to pick on specific words when he feels he has to come in and reassure people at a time of speculation. He didn't need to come in to reassure us, but he did, and that intent, at a time when he's dashing hither and thither with a thousand things on his mind, is enough for me.

He asked us to look forward to a new adventure with him, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Meat, you give me so much, and owe me nothing.

Caryl

Last edited by CarylB; 26 Feb 2010 at 10:01.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 10:20   #79
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
That's how I feel.

Kasim and Mark are terrific players and, as far as my exerience is concerned, thoroughly nice people.

But it's Meat I go to see, and I know I can alays trust he will have a great band supporting him on stage .. but for me the key word is "support", because for me he's the main event. That's not to diminish the talent of anyone else, but I go to see "Meat Loaf". I've seen Meat on stage with and without Kasim and Mark, and he's never disappointed me.

Both Kasim and Mark have posted on their sites. That's enough for me. I don't think, and have never done, that Meat owes me explanations about changes in the band. It's his business and theirs, particularly at a time when he's working his ass off promoting something new and exciting. He comes here and talks to us .. something very special imo. Not many performers of Meat's stature do this. But however friendly and approachable he is (and he is both these things and he does listen to what we say) we are not part of his inner circle. None of us know how he feels about the changes and none of us can. He doesn't talk about how he feels about these things, I respect that, as I respect him, because it's simply not my business, and I respect him enough not to pick on specific words when he feels he has to come in and reassure people at a time of speculation. He didn't need to come in to reassure us, but he did, and that intent, at a time when he's dashing hither and thither with a thousand things on his mind, is enough for me.

He asked us to look forward to a new adventure with him, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Meat, you give me so much, and owe me nothing.

Caryl
Very well said Caryl, and I couldn't agree more. Meat does so much for us and I am looking forward to this new adventure with him.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 10:21   #80
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Things are just fine in Loaf world. You have your favorite shoes but they just get old and you have to get new ones. John isn't going anywhere or is Dave ,Paul, Randy, CC or Patti.
M

Great to hear it Meat.

How I read this is that Mark and Kasim decided to get new shoes, not Meat.
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 13:10   #81
Battybarb
Nutty Tart From Hell

Quote:
M
Thanks for keeping us posted and best news of all YOU are not leaving...lol..
looking forward to the new album
Battybarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 15:14   #82
Benny
Massive Loafer

Good luck again Mark!
Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 21:31   #83
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

Best of luck with all your new projects, Mark. You were an amazing pianist in the NLE.
glamourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2010, 01:34   #84
Rage Against

Quote:
That's how I feel.

Caryl
Very well said Caryl! I agree the band members are important and you get attached to them tour after tour, but in the end you're there to see Meat. We'll all miss them, but we should be happy for them if they've left to pursue their career dreams. So I wish them good luck and success in their pursuits!

Rage Against

"The movie's over FADE TO BLACK..."
Rage Against is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2010, 07:40   #85
meat_loaf2008
Banned

Mark and Kaskim will both be missed, but I look forward to the new players (or the return of others) That Meat brings in! HCTB!!!
meat_loaf2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2010, 15:27   #86
S.
Loafer

Smile

Quote:
That's how I feel.

Caryl
Caryl, I have to agree with every word, CHSIB
No matter who is with him,[and I do miss some of the past Band members]
The Meat Is The Business, he is the one most of us go to see!!!!
S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2010, 16:42   #87
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBelfast View Post
The E-Street band are on a two year break....would be great but unlikely.

I like the way the E Street band all stand in a line and perform together. It would be great if Patti & C.C. were moved up alongside Paul & Randy. Patti is so petite, it's difficult to see her on that platform way in the back.
glamourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2010, 16:43   #88
Smithie
Super Loafer

Your're awesome Mark. Good luck.
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2010, 04:11   #89
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

I think the NLE was the best gig Mark ever had and Mark was the best pianist Meat ever had. BUT...life moves on.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2010, 01:16   #90
Rosiec211
Loafer

Location:  Chatham-Kent, but medical student in the South West

I'm sorry to see Mark and Kaz go. Mark is so far the only NLE member that I have met and he signed my programme a few years back. As one of the younger generations of fans I don't think I've ever been to a Meat gig when Kasim hasn't been playing and I've been to 7 shows.
I wish them well in their new projects, and I am so excited about Meat's new album and forthcoming tour - and glad to hear Meat himself confirm that the deliciously hot Randy will be there still, and Patti!

Keep rocking! xxx
Rosiec211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:34   #91
meat_loaf
Man of Steel Hunter of the Beast

Im really sorry to hear that mark & Kasim are leaving i will miss them they have being a great members of NLE family and will not be forgotten i wish them all the best.
meat_loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:44   #92
Kev
Just Kev

keep your eye out for marks album in the near future, available from us
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2010, 02:27   #93
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
keep your eye out for marks album in the near future, available from us
Solo???
mszee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2010, 18:06   #94
Smithie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszee View Post
Solo???

I heard that too- Mark's working on a solo album.
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2010, 22:09   #95
Sarahdk23
Super Loafer

Kasim is also working on a new solo album...
Sarahdk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2010, 04:34   #96
angel eyes
Senior Loafer

Good luck to Mark and Kasim. Thanks for all the pleasure you have given the fans over the years. It will seem strange without you but as Meat says you have to look to the future and new beginnings.

Love
Angel x
angel eyes is offline   Reply With Quote