Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 12 Nov 2016, 16:32   #276
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

What you won't get on opening day: The above video. It's the bare bones only, folks
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 00:14   #277
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Song update!

Meat Loaf confirms the presence of IT JUST WON'T QUIT in the show on Radio 2 this afternoon.

That puts the standings at:

Bat I: BAT OUT OF HELL, TOOK THE WORDS, TWO OUTTA THREE, PARADISE BY THE DASHBOARD LIGHT, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD
Dead Ringer: DEAD RINGER FOR LOVE
Bat II: ANYTHING FOR LOVE, LIFE IS A LEMON AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK, ROCK N ROLL DREAMS COME THROUGH, IT JUST WON'T QUIT, OBJECTS IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR
Bat III: IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW
Braver: WHO NEEDS THE YOUNG, SPEAKING IN TONGUES
Miscellaneous / New: NOT ALLOWED TO LOVE, WHAT PART OF MY BODY HURTS THE MOST

Only one left to discover!
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 01:12   #278
Roger
Rookie

I count 3 left

I wish:

I'm gonna love her for both of us
Land of the pig
Only when i feel/break it

or Bad for good or all reved up with no place to go or out of the frying pan or lost boys and golden girls
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2016, 01:46   #279
Michael Marxen
Super Loafer

Hopefully Frying Pan!

Apart from really rocking it could fit the story.
Michael Marxen is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 05:18   #280
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
I count 3 left
How? Every press release says there are 17; we've found 16.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 09:18   #281
Roger
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
How? Every press release says there are 17; we've found 16.
I read somewhere that the musical includes 17 Meat Loaf songs and 2 or 3 previously unreleased songs.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 10:58   #282
Roger
Rookie

Quote:
I read somewhere that the musical includes 17 Meat Loaf songs and 2 or 3 previously unreleased songs.

According to batoutofhellmusical.com: the musical contains 20 songs

BAT OUT OF HELL is a breathtaking new musical that features 17 of Meat Loaf's greatest hits including I’d Do Anything for Love, Paradise by the Dashboard Light, You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night), Dead Ringer For Love, Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad, Bat Out of Hell and three new Jim Steinman originals written for the show.

Old 13 Nov 2016, 13:15   #283
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
I count 3 left

I wish:

I'm gonna love her for both of us
Land of the pig
Only when i feel/break it

or Bad for good or all reved up with no place to go or out of the frying pan or lost boys and golden girls
At the time of writing, AT LEAST one of the above is correct (maybe two).
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 16:27   #284
samurai7
Rock Star

Surely Bad for Good, Lost Boys & Golden Girls and All Revved Up will be there? I mean they were written for it, no?
samurai7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2016, 17:03   #285
nightinr
Super Loafer

I'm really concerned that this musical may lack popular appeal. Ticket sales for Manchester have been terrible....partly due to ridiculous admission prices.

I am also surprised that Steinman hasn't included Total Eclipse of the heart, Holding Out for a hero, No matter what etc to add to its mainstream appeal.

Meat Loaf is not popular with young people anymore unfortunately. The average guy on the street is lucky if he can name three of Meat's songs.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2016, 17:42   #286
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
I'm really concerned that this musical may lack popular appeal.
Don't be

Quote:
Ticket sales for Manchester have been terrible....partly due to ridiculous admission prices.
The BAT tickets are - on the whole - less expensive than Bowie's 'Lazarus', which has just started its London run at King's Cross.

Quote:
Meat Loaf is not popular with young people anymore unfortunately. The average guy on the street is lucky if he can name three of Meat's songs.
You could've said that about Queen ten years ago - relatively speaking - and yet WWRY was and is huge. I'd worry less about Meat's perceived 'popularity', and concentrate on the musical as an entity of its own

Last edited by ThatWriterGuy; 13 Nov 2016 at 18:21.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 18:10   #287
Danny L
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
Don't be

You could've said that about Queen ten years ago, too - relatively speaking - and yet WWRY was and is huge. I'd worry less about Meat's perceived 'popularity', and concentrate on the musical as entity of its own (once you've seen it).
WWRY got me into Queen
Danny L is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 18:30   #288
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
I am also surprised that Steinman hasn't included Total Eclipse of the heart, Holding Out for a hero, No matter what etc to add to its mainstream appeal.
Literally all three are already in successful musicals; in order of completion, "No Matter What" was in Whistle Down the Wind, "Total Eclipse of the Heart" was in Tanz der Vampire, and "Holding Out for a Hero" was in the stage version of Footloose. (Having said that, it didn't stop Jim from claiming the bulk of a song that was already in Tanz, but it's safe to say anything he co-wrote ["No Matter What" with Andrew Lloyd Webber, "Hero" with Dean Pitchford] is harder to claim.)
Old 13 Nov 2016, 19:34   #289
Danny L
Super Loafer

Hopefully Frying Pan
Danny L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2016, 22:22   #290
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Booked in Manchester for March 9th 😀😀😀
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 22:27   #291
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Yes I still count 3 to be named (as there has only been 14 of Meat's songs so far.)

I think Pig could be one with it not appearing the Batman the musical and probably would be sung by Falco for my money.

If there are 3 "new" tracks, I would have thought they would have announced all three at the same time. The thing is I can't actually think of a third that hasn't been floating around with the exception of Graveyard Shift and Wonderful Toys which i think are too Batman orientated unless there has been a lot of rewriting. So just have to wait and see on that one.

Of the other Meat ones I would still expect the rest of Bat to be completed.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2016, 23:26   #292
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
....partly due to ridiculous admission prices.
You are joking? They seem extremely reasonable to me compared to many provincial theatres

Quote:
Well Meat Loaf isn't in it But if these young people have heard just a couple of Jim Steinmans songs they will know the calibre of the work .. and probably will know a couple more songs than any other new musical they go to One might know the style to expect but not the songs in any new Webber musical.

With a seemingly young and vibrant cast, and rock opera songs that have consistently drawn audiences from ages 7 to 70 when Meat has toured, I'd think they have covered the bases pretty well!
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 14 Nov 2016, 00:26   #293
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Im actually surprised at the amount of enthusiasm about this.

I personally cannot wait, but its interesting to see people who used to think only Meat can do these songs, support this.

Or is it just cause Meat has endorsed it and promoted it and Jims producing it? If thats the case, thats just wrong.

I guarantee if meat didnt promote it this, this would be met with more trepidation by the non-Steinman diehards (yes, theirs a split in this community that splits between Jim and Meat). Not dissimilar to the whole tribute discussions.

It was a VERY smart move to have Meat come out and do a press tour.

Dream Engine back in 2006 wasnt as universally supported and was even classified as a tribute show (which isn't an insult) by some. I was a learker once and I remember. Guess why? Meat wasnt involved.

All im hoping for is It Just Won't Quit. a mass audience needs to be exposed to that one.

Im glad at least something like this is getting (almost) universally supported.
Cannot wait for the broadway version to hit.

And I hope this musical begins to mend this split in the fan community that absolutely sucks.

Team MLUKFC and Team Rockman need to be merged. honestly. If everyone from rockman comes here and theres a Jim subforum our community would be so strong. Right now its not.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2016, 00:40   #294
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
Or is it just cause Meat has endorsed it and promoted it and Jims producing it? If thats the case, thats just wrong.
Nope.

There actually isn't a 'wrong' reason to be enthusiastic or not enthusiastic about the play. Whatever reason you have is the right decision for you.
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 14 Nov 2016, 05:10   #295
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
I personally cannot wait, but its interesting to see people who used to think only Meat can do these songs, support this.
For some of us Meat is irrevocably engineered into the songs; this doesn't mean to say we'd not support it, be interested, and want it to succeed.

Quote:
I guarantee if meat didnt promote it this, this would be met with more trepidation by the non-Steinman diehards
You'd guarantee this? What's that saying? .. a fool and his money are soon parted You really give Meat's fans little credit.

Quote:
It was a VERY smart move to have Meat come out and do a press tour.
A move you'd expect from any professional production company given Meat's standing in the UK, his close association with the Bat brand, and because he is the performer who's kept the songs alive here for 4 decades. Something he was clearly delighted and moved to do, and to publicly hand the mantle to Andrew.

Quote:
And I hope this musical begins to mend this split in the fan community that absolutely sucks.

Team MLUKFC and Team Rockman need to be merged. honestly. If everyone from rockman comes here and theres a Jim subforum our community would be so strong. Right now its not.
In my view it doesn't, and they don't need to be. Members here who want to be part of Rockman already are, and vice versa. This has always been the Meat Loaf UK Fanclub, that has been Jim's. To even suggest dragging Jim's official site here as a sub-forum would be impertinent, and reminiscent of the issue with the original BOOH album cover.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 14 Nov 2016, 09:49   #296
rockfenris2005
Mega Loafer

Jim's music is like Shakespeare to me. Meat owned what he did the way Olivier owned Richard III. In 300 years from now, there'll be other legends.
rockfenris2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 14 Nov 2016, 11:35   #297
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Waiting on bootlegs

#sarcasm
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2016, 16:30   #298
eltmatt
Super Loafer

I'm hoping for Frying Pan
eltmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2016, 20:20   #299
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

YouTube Video
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 28 Nov 2016, 14:37   #300
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
I'm really concerned that this musical may lack popular appeal. Ticket sales for Manchester have been terrible....partly due to ridiculous admission prices.
Wasn't the musical supposed to move to London later next year? Is the earlier move perhaps an indication of poor sales in Manchester?

I'm a bit apprehensive about this musical to be honest. I will probably go at some point. But the story sounds like Shrek. I hope there is a bit more to it because beyond gimmicks and good songs I ultimately think the story is really centrepiece. These days I like the fact that musical writers have been a bit more daring to look beyond the simple guy rescuing a girl and match made in heaven as the main driving force love story (see Wicked & Frozen).

Nevertheless I am very impressed the musical is happening after all this time and it is coming together. Hope it will be successful and of course very good.

Last edited by AndrewG; 28 Nov 2016 at 14:45.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote