Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 02 Jun 2012, 20:11   #201
CarylB
Mega Loafer

This a new bracelet LFTT will trial at the shows, and if it goes well will introduce to our range in the autumn .. a Nomination style bracelet. Nominations are Italian stainless steel unisex composable link bracelets, stretchy like watchbands, with a wide range of gold or enamel embellished charms you can insert, each time replacing one of the links. The starter comes with one charm, and as you collect charms you save the links, gradually building your own second bracelet free

Ours will be Italian stainless steel, the same 9mm size (so compatible with any Nomination charm in any retail outlet), and will sell at c$15 which is a big reduction on the official bracelets which start from $60/80 upwards. We will stock a range of charms, but there are thousands available. You can find souvenir charms for holidays, initials, cats, every kind of dog, and more medical conditions/allergies/medications than you could throw a stick at! They make an elegant, stylish and personalised bracelet which is great for everyday wear, yet looks good enough to wear out in the evening, and they suit men as well as women (offering the answer to "What the hell can I get him for ..." .. lol). They come in highly polished or matt finish, look great, and the more charms you add the more interesting they become :) And the composable link design means we can offer them in the widest range of sizes, so they can be a perfect fit for the smallest or largest wrist :)

And Deena will have a special starter bracelet at Austin, Texas .. the centre one in this photo

CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 02 Jun 2012, 21:33   #202
Deena J
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB

And Deena will have a special starter bracelet at Austin, Texas .. the centre one in this photo
And I can't wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 18 Aug 2012, 13:00   #203
JennaG
Mega Loafer

Have you seen the latest photos from the tour this summer and wondered where you can get your hands on a pendant just like the one Meat himself is wearing on stage? Well as well as having them available to purchase at aselected number of shows this summer we've also got a limited quantity available to order online.

Get yours at: http://www.loafdomturtle.net/loafdom-direct/
JennaG is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Oct 2012, 18:03   #204
CarylB
Mega Loafer

LFTT will be offering our deluxe Meat calendar again this year, either as a download or as the 28 page glossy special :) Because of the cost of getting them printed we'll need to know how many people will be interested in purchasing one of the printed ones. As they are two weeks to the page they are quite an expensive print job and will probably, as last year, be in the region of $20 plus actual postage.

We will also be offering a more modestly priced desk calendar, one month to a view, which will have a series of my concert photos. This is likely to be priced at $12 plus $1.10 postage in the UK, $3 for Europe, and $4.50 for all other overseas destinations. The desk calendar is 21cm x 10cm (roughly 8.25" x 4") and looks good enough to grace any desk

Old 08 Oct 2012, 12:47   #205
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Thank YOU!!!

As many of you will know, this summer LFTT went to a number of Meat’s shows on his Mad Mad World Tour in the USA, with his blessing, to sell wristbands, blinky bats and jewellery to raise money for The Painted Turtle.

We raised a grand total of $3,325 for The Painted Turtle, and have another kind supporter who will be selling at the show in Minnesota, which should raise that figure further.

We owe thanks to so many people in addition to those who made purchases (including Patti and Paul), to Frances and Kelly who bought from us and helped us at the Meet & Greets, and to Meat who supported us all the way and wears our Multi Skull pendant every night on stage.

Thanks to those who made donations towards funding our venture:
Marilyn Burrell, Jenna Gray, Michelle Hall, Shay Jansen, and Lynette Taylor. A special thank you to Karen Zavaglia-Guarino who funded the supply of 100 blinky bats. These sold at $5 each

Thanks to the many who said “Keep the change”. We don’t know your names, but we are grateful for that little extra. And thank you to Chris Palmer for that white envelope with a wonderful donation at Atlantic City.

Thanks to those who helped us sell at shows:
Deena B Jarrett (and her friend Kandace Chambers) and Dani Mueller who sold on their own at Austin and Hammond respectively, and Tee Jay Aubuchon who will be selling solo at Minnesota.

And to Marilyn Burrell, Chris Clark, Bobbie Farr, Sue Lacina’s son Jonathan Marko, Suzanne and Jeff Valentine and their sons Chase and Matthew, Sherrie and John Williams, and Amy’s son Alex Wright who all helped us at other shows, and to Alex for selling two bands to some callers at his home when we were out. Alex is autistic, and this sale was very special to us.

And a huge thanks to Amy Wright, who ferried Caryl around so many shows in the North East, and who sold indefatigably at every one of them!

During my absence in the UK we were able to continue selling a limited range of jewellery on the site. A big thank you to Maggie Riley who went to my house each week, and packed and posted out orders around the world for us. Largely because of her we were able to take in nearly $250 in site sales.

No-one who helped received any gifts or favours, and Mark and I have not taken anything towards the cost of the bands and jewellery we sold. Every cent we took is going to The Painted Turtle.

All of us at LFTT, including Mark and Sue and I, who sold at the shows, owe you a huge vote of thanks. Meat says to his fans, “You made me what I am”. We say to you,

“You helped us raise enough to fund 13 full days magical experience at The Painted Turtle for some wonderful children who will forge lasting friendships and change their lives forever, and the bait for at least two sessions of “Kiss and release fishing”

If it wasn’t for you, there would be no us.

And we intend to repeat this when Meat tours in the UK .. so please look out for us. And we will be needing as many helpers to sell as we can muster for those large arenas!! We’re sure that all those who helped us in the USA will tell you it was fun, and also very special to be able to raise money for a such a wonderful cause, and one that is so close to Meat’s heart.
6 Users Like This Post.
Old 09 Oct 2012, 01:03   #206
Deena J
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Thank YOU!!!

As many of you will know, this summer LFTT went to a number of Meat’s shows on his Mad Mad World Tour in the USA, with his blessing, to sell wristbands, blinky bats and jewellery to raise money for The Painted Turtle.

We raised a grand total of $3,325 for The Painted Turtle, and have another kind supporter who will be selling at the show in Minnesota, which should raise that figure further.

We owe thanks to so many people in addition to those who made purchases (including Patti and Paul), to Frances and Kelly who bought from us and helped us at the Meet & Greets, and to Meat who supported us all the way and wears our Multi Skull pendant every night on stage.

Thanks to those who made donations towards funding our venture:
Marilyn Burrell, Jenna Gray, Michelle Hall, Shay Jansen, and Lynette Taylor. A special thank you to Karen Zavaglia-Guarino who funded the supply of 100 blinky bats. These sold at $5 each

Thanks to the many who said “Keep the change”. We don’t know your names, but we are grateful for that little extra. And thank you to Chris Palmer for that white envelope with a wonderful donation at Atlantic City.

Thanks to those who helped us sell at shows:
Deena B Jarrett (and her friend Kandace Chambers) and Dani Mueller who sold on their own at Austin and Hammond respectively, and Tee Jay Aubuchon who will be selling solo at Minnesota.

And to Marilyn Burrell, Chris Clark, Bobbie Farr, Sue Lacina’s son Jonathan Marko, Suzanne and Jeff Valentine and their sons Chase and Matthew, Sherrie and John Williams, and Amy’s son Alex Wright who all helped us at other shows, and to Alex for selling two bands to some callers at his home when we were out. Alex is autistic, and this sale was very special to us.

And a huge thanks to Amy Wright, who ferried Caryl around so many shows in the North East, and who sold indefatigably at every one of them!

During my absence in the UK we were able to continue selling a limited range of jewellery on the site. A big thank you to Maggie Riley who went to my house each week, and packed and posted out orders around the world for us. Largely because of her we were able to take in nearly $250 in site sales.

No-one who helped received any gifts or favours, and Mark and I have not taken anything towards the cost of the bands and jewellery we sold. Every cent we took is going to The Painted Turtle.

All of us at LFTT, including Mark and Sue and I, who sold at the shows, owe you a huge vote of thanks. Meat says to his fans, “You made me what I am”. We say to you,

“You helped us raise enough to fund 13 full days magical experience at The Painted Turtle for some wonderful children who will forge lasting friendships and change their lives forever, and the bait for at least two sessions of “Kiss and release fishing”

If it wasn’t for you, there would be no us.

And we intend to repeat this when Meat tours in the UK .. so please look out for us. And we will be needing as many helpers to sell as we can muster for those large arenas!! We’re sure that all those who helped us in the USA will tell you it was fun, and also very special to be able to raise money for a such a wonderful cause, and one that is so close to Meat’s heart.
Wish I could've done more!
Old 14 Oct 2012, 01:10   #207
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Default SUE LACINA .. ALWAYS FONDLY REMEMBERED

It is with great sorrow we have to announce that Sue Lacina, one of the founding members of LFTT, sadly died on Thursday, 11 October, 2012. Sue was a good friend to many of us and particularly to LFTT, The Painted Turtle, and the children it helps. She will be sorely missed by her sons Jason and Jonathan, by all who knew her, and by us. Sue was so committed to helping TPT, and so elated every time she received an order :) We have decided to send a donation to TPT in her name rather than a floral tribute, because we believe this is what she would have wanted. If any of her friends here wish to send something to add to this you can do so here:

http://www.loafdomturtle.net/in-lovi...of-sue-lacina/
Old 14 Oct 2012, 07:05   #208
anotherday
Super Loafer

Wow, I never knew anyone was involved with this after CA! COOL! Where will this stuff be sold at the MN show? I would love to purchase whatever I could to help out!
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 07:20   #209
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Tee Jay Aubuchon will be selling a range of cool jewellery ... including the pendant Meat will be wearing on stage

and two of our wristbands. TJ is a fan and will be at the M&G, and then cruising the venue looking for customers He will be wearing our ID card:

Hope you see him .. failing that you can buy on-line from us .. and we only charge a flat rate shipping fee overseas of $3

Have a great time at the show!

Caryl
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 07:23   #210
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:
Tee Jay Aubuchon will be selling a range of cool jewellery ... including the pendant Meat will be wearing on stage

and two of our wristbands. TJ is a fan and will be at the M&G, and then cruising the venue looking for customers He will be wearing our ID card:

Hope you see him .. failing that you can buy on-line from us .. and we only charge a flat rate shipping fee overseas of $3

Have a great time at the show!

Caryl
Thank you. Are the various prices online the same as the show?
Old 14 Oct 2012, 08:10   #211
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post
Thank you. Are the various prices online the same as the show?
Pretty much :) We only work in whole dollars at the shows, so we round down to the nearest dollar, and a few things like the nomination bracelets aren't on line yet but will be by the end of the month. And we don't have the Bat Out of Hell wristbands on line yet.

Caryl
Old 14 Oct 2012, 10:20   #212
JennaG
Mega Loafer

Quote:
It is with great sorrow we have to announce that Sue Lacina, one of the founding members of LFTT, sadly died on Thursday, 11 October, 2012. Sue was a good friend to many of us and particularly to LFTT, The Painted Turtle, and the children it helps. She will be sorely missed by her sons Jason and Jonathan, by all who knew her, and by us. Sue was so committed to helping TPT, and so elated every time she received an order :) We have decided to send a donation to TPT in her name rather than a floral tribute, because we believe this is what she would have wanted. If any of her friends here wish to send something to add to this you can do so here:

She was a lovely lady and I'll never forget her kindness, friendship and her efforts for Loafdom For The Turtle.

Rest In Peace Sue.
JennaG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 15:56   #213
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:

Pretty much :) We only work in whole dollars at the shows, so we round down to the nearest dollar, and a few things like the nomination bracelets aren't on line yet but will be by the end of the month. And we don't have the Bat Out of Hell wristbands on line yet.

Caryl
Thank you. I love everything! So hard to decide what I really like HAHA
Old 14 Oct 2012, 19:45   #214
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Thank you. I love everything! So hard to decide what I really like HAHA
Thank you And anything you don't get at the show you can always come to the site to get later

We'll be putting on more new things for Christmas .. along with these anti-cloning credit card holders Meat recommends:

And some great bat and black leather bracelets:

Not to mention some cool guitar pick pendants

Caryl
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 20:14   #215
Deena J
Super Loafer

Quote:

Thank you And anything you don't get at the show you can always come to the site to get later

We'll be putting on more new things for Christmas .. along with these anti-cloning credit card holders Meat recommends:

And some great bat and black leather bracelets:

Not to mention some cool guitar pick pendants

Caryl
I LOVE the photo of the guitar pick pendant!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 20:03   #216
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Wow, I never knew anyone was involved with this after CA! COOL!
OK, just for clarification.............

LFTT is run by a dedicated group of fans who carry on the good work of raising funds and awareness for Meat's charity, The Painted Turtle, since his apperance on The Celebrity Apprentice.

The fans involved carry on this work because as well as being a charity close to Meat's heart, they believe that The Painted Turtle is a worthy cause.

With that in mind, it's also important to note that Meat himself is not a part of LFTT.

Meat gives his enthusiastic support to, and seems delighted by the charitable activities of the fans who support The Painted Turtle in his name. He even wears a piece of LFTT jewelry every night on stage.

But he is not personally involved with LTFF in regards to day to day running, or the selection and sale of merchandise to raise funds.

LFTT is a fan run orginization.

Please do not take this as an attack on LFTT of on The Painted Turtle itself. I applaude their efforts. But the quote above seems to (my warped train of thought ) suggest "anyone" = "someone" = "someone in Meats orginization" = "Meat Loaf personal involvement". I feel strongly about any misunderstanding concerning the extent of Meat's involvement in a fan project. Especially when that misunderstanding may be formed on a forum I moderate

If Meat has officially put his name to LFTT, or has taken on a responsible role within LFTT, i'll be more than happy to amend ths post to reflect the facts

All the best to LFTT, and keep up the great work
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 20:24   #217
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse

OK, just for clarification.............

LFTT is run by a dedicated group of fans who carry on the good work of raising funds and awareness for Meat's charity, The Painted Turtle, since his apperance on The Celebrity Apprentice.

The fans involved carry on this work because as well as being a charity close to Meat's heart, they believe that The Painted Turtle is a worthy cause.

With that in mind, it's also important to note that Meat himself is not a part of LFTT.

Meat gives his enthusiastic support to, and seems delighted by the charitable activities of the fans who support The Painted Turtle in his name. He even wears a piece of LFTT jewelry every night on stage.

But he is not personally involved with LTFF in regards to day to day running, or the selection and sale of merchandise to raise funds.

LFTT is a fan run orginization.

Please do not take this as an attack on LFTT of on The Painted Turtle itself. I applaude their efforts. But the quote above seems to (my warped train of thought ) suggest "anyone" = "someone" = "someone in Meats orginization" = "Meat Loaf personal involvement". I feel strongly about any misunderstanding concerning the extent of Meat's involvement in a fan project. Especially when that misunderstanding may be formed on a forum I moderate

If Meat has officially put his name to LFTT, or has taken on a responsible role within LFTT, i'll be more than happy to amend ths post to reflect the facts

All the best to LFTT, and keep up the great work
Thanks for the clarification, but it wasn't needed at least on my part. I knew it was fan run (based on the website i visited of theirs) but hey, it never hurts to be cautious huh? Haha.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 20:33   #218
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification, but it wasn't needed at least on my part. I knew it was fan run (based on the website i visited of theirs) but hey, it never hurts to be cautious huh? Haha.
Cool
The word "anybody" is up for interpritation when used in the context that Meat was involved in raising money for The Painted Turtle, and I just wanted to be sure there was no grabbing hold of the wrong end of the stick
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 21:54   #219
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I didn't for a moment think you had any doubts

As you say, we make it very clear on our site who makes up and runs LFTT. Mouse is correct that Meat is very enthusiastic, supportive of our efforts, and delighted at the money we raise. We did consult with him throughout the process of setting up our site, and check things out with/keep him informed/seek his permission all the time. He is as closely involved as his incredibly busy schedule allows We operate bearing in mind that anything we do could be seen as being closely tied to his name, and that anything we do can reinforce its good standing, or could damage it.

He brought TPT to our attention and inspired our desire to continue raising funds in his name. His closeness is perhaps best illustrated by a recent post he made on his FB page:

Quote:
Meat Loaf shared a link.
4 October
Loafdom for the Turtle have been working on some new designs in time for the upcoming festive seasons. Make sure you take a look and get some gifts ordered. And remember all funds go to The Painted Turtle and enhancing the lives of sick children.

Last year we raised $900 from our Christmas sales. Let's make it even better this year! Our Christmas range will be on site at the end of this month!
Meat's support is both invaluable, cherished, and vital to our efforts. Without it The Painted Turtle would not have endorsed us to start with. He is that important to them as a key fund raiser that setting up had to be cleared at the most senior level.

I too hope that we can make our Christmas fund raising even better this year than last year. The Christmas Crackers will be on site soon, and all our Christmas range should be on-line by the end of the month. Most of our range has much broader appeal than just to Meat Loaf fans .. we'll have a cracking variety of gifts .. and with a flat postage rate for most things of $1.10 in the UK and $3 overseas (per order, not item), it's arguably cheaper than taking the car or the bus to trail round the busy shops We will also offer free gift boxes, and can supply cards so that your friends will know that their gift was also a gift to some very special children

Caryl
6 Users Like This Post.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 04:20   #220
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Thanks to all those who have sent a donation to us which we will send to The Painted Turtle in Sue Lacina's name rather than send flowers. So far the total stands at $160. We will add the final total to the funds we raised via our site in September and send it in Sue's name at the end of next week. We will let you know what the final amount is. I know whatever it is, Sue would have been proud and happy that her friends had done this for the children she cared about so much. Thank you too, for all the lovely messages you have left on the guest book.

If you still wish to make a donation, even a dollar, you can do so on our site here:

The link to the guest book is there too.
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 18 Oct 2012, 07:44   #221
kkzag
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Thanks to all those who have sent a donation to us which we will send to The Painted Turtle in Sue Lacina's name rather than send flowers. So far the total stands at $160. We will add the final total to the funds we raised via our site in September and send it in Sue's name at the end of next week. We will let you know what the final amount is. I know whatever it is, Sue would have been proud and happy that her friends had done this for the children she cared about so much. Thank you too, for all the lovely messages you have left on the guest book.

If you still wish to make a donation, even a dollar, you can do so on our site here:

The link to the guest book is there too.
I just heard. So sad.

I will send my donation Friday (payday).

RIP Sue.
kkzag is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 21:21   #222
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Today I received this handwritten note from Page Adler, founder and Chairman of The Painted Turtle. It is for all those who have supported LFTT in its fundraising efforts. I was touched that Page had gone to the trouble of sending such a personal note. Genuinely lovely people have genuinely lovely friends .. and this shows how very much our fundraising is appreciated :)

Old 10 Nov 2012, 19:18   #223
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Loafdom for the Turtle's Christmas Store is now open!!

We have a great range of new items, from jewellery (for both sexes) to credit card holders to prevent cloning and fraud, as well as our Christmas Crackers in a variety of designs and prices. All Christmas items come with a gift box .. some with a mini stocking and a selection of chocolates .. and our flat rate shipping however large your order, which applies to everything bar the crackers, is less than the cost of getting to the stores.

Don't fight your way through the Christmas shopper throngs. Buy LFTT and know you're helping make a difference to some wonderful children :) We made $900 for The Painted Turtle, the charity Meat loves and supports, last year .. As he said .. let's do even better this year

http://direct.loafdomturtle.net/inde...tnlftu52hc03l7

3 Users Like This Post.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 13:33   #224
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Our 2013 calendar is now available for download for a $5 donation to the Painted Turtle:

Printed and bound versions will be available soon.

This year we will also have a desk calendar of concert photos for $11:

Thanks to Vicki for the cover shot
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 16 Nov 2012, 16:03   #225
CarylB
Mega Loafer

We we are the answer for low-priced Christmas gifts. No shopping hassle, no parking problems, low shipping costs, and every gift is also a gift to some very special children .. what could be better than that? With our fixed low shipping rates ($1.10 in the UK and $3 overseas, a little more for our Christmas Crackers), using us for your gift shopping costs less than the price of gas to get to the stores. And every gift comes either as one of our mini Christmas stocking specials, or with a free gift box.

Please check us out .. and tell your friends. We started with Meat related items and still have some great gifts for Meat fans, but most of our range would appeal to anyone who'd like to buy very reasonably priced gifts which directly benefit a wonderful charity rather than some company's stockholders.

http://www.loafdomturtle.net/other-i...hristmas-2013/

1 User Likes This Post.