mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 18 Nov 2010, 04:35   #26
carole
Mega Loafer

Yeah CC was a great girl and an asset to the band. She will be greatly missed. I wish her every success in her solo career.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 15:29   #27
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy! View Post
I agree Smithie, Patti's so strong that the role of second female backing singer just isn't needed, regardless of who's in that role. CC's been amazing, and Pearl was great too back on VBO/Storytellers tour, but they were great in roles that weren't needed. I'll miss CC but I really hope she gets the chance to shine now.

I agree. I always preferred the show with just one woman in the band and that woman being Patti. Her voice is more powerful than 2 ordinary singers. When a band is too big, no one gets featured properly.

Also, CC's New Jersey band is cool and I look forward to her album. Here she is at a NJ show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qdxn...nofeather=True
glamourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 17:39   #28
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourgirl View Post
I agree. I always preferred the show with just one woman in the band and that woman being Patti.
Wow, you must've been so upset at the concerts where there was two.

Personally I'll miss CC, her personality and sense of fun was excellent and she could belt out a tune. Wish her all the best for the future!!

Oh yeah, does help that she was gorgeous lol

Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 18:17   #29
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
No, that is not what I said. There just isn't enough time in the show for 2. There was nothing for CC to do in the Hang Cool show. There wasn't even enough time in the show to feature Patti properly. I can understand why she left and I hope she does well with her solo projects.

(Meat sounds better than ever so there is no need to add a new backing vocalist, that's what I was agreeing with.)

Last edited by glamourgirl; 18 Nov 2010 at 18:25.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 18:29   #30
Evil One
Mega Loafer

I prefer there to be two backing vocalists, even just for the aesthetics! You say there was nothing for CC to do on the last tour, but she was getting paid (probably good money) to travel the world, look pretty and go "Ooooo Oooooo" for two hours a night, a few days a week. It's not a job to be sniffed at!
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 18:40   #31
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
I prefer there to be two backing vocalists, even just for the aesthetics! You say there was nothing for CC to do on the last tour, but she was getting paid (probably good money) to travel the world, look pretty and go "Ooooo Oooooo" for two hours a night, a few days a week. It's not a job to be sniffed at!

That is exactly the problem. The role you suggested isn't necessary in the show. Then the second girl just gets labeled as "eye candy". I would prefer to see a show where everyone's talent is featured to the fullest- the guys on their instruments and Patti on vocals.

(And I think CC is a good singer which is why I think she made a smart move for her career. She should be singing lead with her band and not singing "ooo ooo" for two hours.)
Old 18 Nov 2010, 21:21   #32
Cherry.Loaf
Los Angeloser

It'll be sad to see her go as she got to really shine during the Casa de carne tour singing 45 seconds. If they do replace her I really hope it's not Aspen I personally can not stand her voice
Cherry.Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 21:47   #33
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

On another note is this the winding down of the Neverland Express? Is Meat done touring after this one? He's hinted around a bit about HCTB might be his last album so maybe theres not much point in some of his band sticking around if they could be doing their own thing.
Sure hope I'm wrong
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 21:53   #34
Smithie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeangel View Post
He's hinted around a bit about HCTB might be his last album so maybe theres not much point in some of his band sticking around if they could be doing their own thing.
Sure hope I'm wrong

Meat said he is recording another album in 2011.
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 22:44   #35
Mega Loafer

Actually i think CC got to do more than "ooo" "ooo" in concerts i saw in the US, my personal take on what i saw and heard.
24K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2010, 23:22   #36
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

I think we can all agree she did more than "ooo" but (I feel) she certainly wasn't given the opportunities to do what she's capable of during the main show.

For me that was most evident on the second leg of the 3 Bats shows when CC was the opening act. She was brilliant, really great performances of some very well written, heart-felt songs...she was fabulous! Then the Meat show started and she was back to being second backing vocalist. Just seemed almost a waste of such a talent.
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2010, 01:53   #37
meat_loaf
Man of Steel Hunter of the Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post

Personally I'll miss CC, her personality and sense of fun was excellent and she could belt out a tune. Wish her all the best for the future!!

Oh yeah, does help that she was gorgeous lol

Drop dead gorgeous
meat_loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2010, 02:05   #38
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

sorta makes you wonder how amy and Elaine felt about ELaine doing Paradise... I get mixed up.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2010, 02:34   #39
Jeanie
Super Loafer

Very sad to hear that CC has decided to leave the band. She was always so gracious to the fans, both on and off stage. She will be missed....

I wish her all the best in her solo career.

J. xo
Jeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2010, 03:53   #40
suzieq
Mega Loafer

I wish CC the best of luck. She is a joy to speak with and a fun, fun soul.

IMO: Overall I don't understand why people find the need to "feature" people in the Meat's band all the time. They work hard as a unit to put on a fantastic show FOR Meat Loaf, not FOR themselves. It is a Meat Loaf show not a variety medley. I know I speak as one person, but I go there to see/hear Meat sing Meat songs, then tear the roof off the house with Rock and Roll.

I have to say, Meat sure knows how to spot talent. Each one of the NLE has the ability to take on personal solo adventures and some have done so and left the band. At the very least, the members of the NLE are possibly showcased enough to start a following and grow.
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2010, 04:53   #41
Kathy
Super Loafer

CC joined the band at the same time I started going to shows! So for me, she's "always" been up there on stage with Meat. She's a very talented performer, and a very nice woman as well. I'll miss her. Best of luck and good fortune, CC!!
-Kathy
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2010, 14:53   #42
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
I wish CC the best of luck. She is a joy to speak with and a fun, fun soul.

IMO: Overall I don't understand why people find the need to "feature" people in the Meat's band all the time. They work hard as a unit to put on a fantastic show FOR Meat Loaf, not FOR themselves. It is a Meat Loaf show not a variety medley. I know I speak as one person, but I go there to see/hear Meat sing Meat songs, then tear the roof off the house with Rock and Roll.

I have to say, Meat sure knows how to spot talent. Each one of the NLE has the ability to take on personal solo adventures and some have done so and left the band. At the very least, the members of the NLE are possibly showcased enough to start a following and grow.
Very well said Suzie .. I absolutely agree.
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2010, 17:49   #43
heidi
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
CC joined the band at the same time I started going to shows! So for me, she's "always" been up there on stage with Meat. She's a very talented performer, and a very nice woman as well. I'll miss her. Best of luck and good fortune, CC!!
-Kathy
i agree, kathy. i will miss her too.

ALL THE BEST TO YOU, CC!!!!
heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2010, 22:20   #44
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie View Post
Meat said he is recording another album in 2011.
That is good news. When did he say that and who is he working with?
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2010, 22:56   #45
Smithie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
Yes, it is a Meat show but he couldn't do the show without his band and he has a very talented band so I appreciate seeing each of their talent showcased. The guys in the band get numerous solos on their instruments during the show and it would be nice to hear Patti sing more too. For instance, the Leno performance was perfect with the smaller band because everyone was showcased well.
IMO, I hope they don't add another backing singer because Patti, Randy, Justin, Dave, and Danny (all fine singers) already sing backup. Meat's voice sounds so amazing so it would be a shame to cover it up with more backing vocals.

[Quote: renegadeangle: That is good news. When did he say that and who is he working with?]

There is a thread called "another new album" in General Messages http://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15535

Last edited by Monstro; 19 Nov 2010 at 23:14.
Old 19 Nov 2010, 23:46   #46
Steve6
Batman

Will he get someone to replace CC? Aspen Miller maybe? Even though I'm not a big fan of hers at all. He's running a bit low on people to sing backing vocals live with Kasim gone too. The other members of the band are ok singers. CC will need to be replaced!!!
Steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2010, 23:53   #47
Smithie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve6 View Post
Will he get someone to replace CC? Aspen Miller maybe? Even though I'm not a big fan of hers at all. He's running a bit low on people to sing backing vocals live with Kasim gone too. The other members of the band are ok singers. CC will need to be replaced!!!

Running low?? Patti and 4 guys in the band sing backup.
Old 20 Nov 2010, 00:54   #48
lisa01
Super Loafer

Default cc leaves the band

I personaly will miss her and i would just like to say that cc will be missed by everyone of us who have supported her over the years as part of meat loafs band. i would like to wish her the very best of luck for the futre
lisa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2010, 02:49   #49
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve6 View Post
Will he get someone to replace CC? Aspen Miller maybe?
Had a thought today that if he has to have a replacement, the singer named Georgia (sang on HCTB) in one of the tweets could be a candidate.
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2010, 11:04   #50
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Smile

Imo and speaking only for myself, the NLE will remain fab without a replacement for CC. Meat came onto my music radar with the release of Bat 2 and the first meatie show I attended was in 1994. NLE then consisted of Steve, Pat, Patti, Marc, John and Kasim. I think I'm counting every one. The first I remember Pearl on board was when I saw Meat during the WTTN tour. So, I think I'm good with the band as it is now ... ...
Sue K is offline   Reply With Quote