mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » Loaf! Camera! Action!

Closed Thread

Old 29 Mar 2012, 20:28   #1
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Default Help me fight this.

Some asshole is trying to sue Meat.

Help me fight the video by posting comments and unliking their ~~~~ed up ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZdiaFXW2U8

Thank you,
Matt

Last edited by R.; 29 Mar 2012 at 21:30. Reason: Clickable Link removed.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 20:41   #2
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Far better to just ignore it rather than posting it, all you'll do is increase the number of plays it gets
Old 29 Mar 2012, 20:46   #3
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Blustering that you'll sue Meat is a long way from doing it, and doing it successfully.

This is a troll and I see no reason to feed it, and give it the publicity it seeks. The whole AFL bullying campaign is best forgotten and left in the dust imo. Feeding the troll will just stir it up again, and also can do nothing at all to influence the outcome of any pathetic attempt at legal action even if it were taken. This is one "campaign" that in my view can do nothing to help Meat, could just make matters more heated on this troll's site, and would not be helpful

Caryl
Old 29 Mar 2012, 20:59   #4
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Hey, for anyone who does not want to get involved, feel free not to.

But for anyone who does, feel free to do so.

I am tired of people telling me what to do, or not to do. I am fighting for what I believe in. I'm not trolling, or being disrespectful. Someone is bashing my friend, and I am standing up for them.

Don't label me, leave my decision out of this. For anyone who WANTS to, great, and those who dont, I respect your decision to stay at arms length of it.

if anyone has advice for me about this, please just keep it to yourself!
Old 29 Mar 2012, 21:12   #5
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
Hey, for anyone who does not want to get involved, feel free not to.
Thank you, I will.

Quote:
Don't label me, leave my decision out of this. For anyone who WANTS to, great, and those who dont, I respect your decision to stay at arms length of it.

if anyone has advice for me about this, please just keep it to yourself!
Matt, no-one has "labelled" you. What label are you talking about anyway? No-one suggested you were trolling. No-one suggested you were being disrespectful, whatever that means in this context. But if you mount a move to get people on this site to engage in a fight on YT with a troll, believing this is to support Meat, you can expect people on this site to post what THEY think.

You can do what you want. But if you are entitled to post your view and call to arms, then others are entitled to express their views and concerns. I saw nothing in either my or Monstro's post which offered you or anyone advice. We just stated what we think, and the effect we see some campaign of posting resulting in.

No advice, but simply a question. Does Meat and his team want this? Do they think it will be helpful?

Last edited by CarylB; 29 Mar 2012 at 21:17.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 21:35   #6
R.
You dig.

I'm afraid, Michael is right, the more attention this gets, the more prominent it will be on Youtube. I have therefore removed the clickable link.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 21:37   #7
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. View Post
I'm afraid, Michael is right, the more attention this gets, the more prominent it will be on Youtube. I have therefore removed the clickable link.
no worries R....that's true. hopefully redpony removes it asap
Old 29 Mar 2012, 21:55   #8
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Reasoning with the trolls who create those videos has worked in the past by actually having the person remove the video voluntarily, and a few dozen fan views is not going to get the video any attention.

But I respect the mods choice. I have a bit of a fighting spirit, rather than sitting on my laurels and venting I prefer to take some sort of action that makes sense. I will message the user and argue my point, but encourage those of you who do not agree with confrontation to NOT feel pressured to do so :)

This thread really serves no purpose now so no hard feelings if it simply goes away.

cheers
matt
Old 29 Mar 2012, 21:57   #9
Sebastian.
Biggles

Knew even before I clicked it, it was OutlawMCC. He goes around every video related to Meat and spews out BS. He's just a basement dwelling arsehole who can't acheive anything with his life, so out of jelousy and spite has to torment others. Honesly for 6 months that's all he's done.

Shame we can't shoot him. Probably be the kindest thing to do.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 22:34   #10
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
Some asshole is trying to sue Meat.
Where did it say that?

I didn't watch all the vid so perhaps it was part of the film, but it's not written anywhere that anyone intends to sue Meat.

It says that Meat will take legal action to have the vid taken down, and the poster will fight in the court to keep the vid up, but I didn't see anything about Meat being sued.

He certainly seems to have a problem with Meat. I've asked him to provide a link to a reliable source where Meat calls concert goers "butt smellers". It'll be interesting to see what his reply will be.

On the whole though, I think Meats legal team will be able to soer it out (if there's anything to sort out) and getting upset is just feeding the troll.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 22:38   #11
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

He can waste money if he really wants to file a suit, but he will be laughed out of court. This person is obviously obsessed and has delusions that he can just sue a wealthy entertainer over a performance he was unhappy with. The millions he points out that watched it are no longer obsessed by it nor expressing dissatisfaction months later. Let him talk to himself on youtube I say.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 23:01   #12
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
He certainly seems to have a problem with Meat. I've asked him to provide a link to a reliable source where Meat calls concert goers "butt smellers". It'll be interesting to see what his reply will be.
He'll probably refer you with delight to a number of interviews where Meat said that those who were joining the campaign against him and his AFL performance were like sheep all sniffing each others butts. Not all concert-goers of course, but he'll think he's proved his point, and he'll try and escalate interest in others to watch things best left in the dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
He can waste money if he really wants to file a suit, but he will be laughed out of court. This person is obviously obsessed and has delusions that he can just sue a wealthy entertainer over a performance he was unhappy with. The millions he points out that watched it are no longer obsessed by it nor expressing dissatisfaction months later. Let him talk to himself on youtube I say.
Exactly. Mad as a basket of ferrets, and from the videos of himself at his home I doubt he'd be able to finance such a daft and doomed cause! Talking to himself will be the company he deserves

Caryl
Old 30 Mar 2012, 00:26   #13
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Even though I think he's being a little bit of a douche, I think that video has every right to be up there.

I know it's not the best performance, but threatening to sue because you don't like it and you don't want others to see it is out of line.

First time seeing it BTW, it was pretty cringe worthy.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 02:14   #14
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ernie View Post
Even though I think he's being a little bit of a douche, I think that video has every right to be up there.

I know it's not the best performance, but threatening to sue because you don't like it and you don't want others to see it is out of line.

First time seeing it BTW, it was pretty cringe worthy.
please stop calling meat a "douche". its sick and repulsive. We dont care what you have to say
Old 30 Mar 2012, 02:22   #15
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

i'm no expert, but i imagine from what evil ernie posted, he was referring to the poster of the youtube video as a bit of a douche (what ever that is) not meat
Old 30 Mar 2012, 02:50   #16
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
i'm no expert, but i imagine from what evil ernie posted, he was referring to the poster of the youtube video as a bit of a douche (what ever that is) not meat
Yup.
I actually agree with Evil Ernie. It was a performance in front of thousands and on TV. You can't simply erase it from history. It's a shame that some will base either going to see Meat or not on that but I can appreciate that that is going to happen. Making such a fuss about it certainly is dumb and shows you some people have too much time on their hands, just like that nutcase who tried to sue Meat for the Newcastle show, Meat came back and did that show for half price tickets.

Meat was soooo much better during the UK shows in Dec 2010 than AFL. One of those should have been videod and heck maybe even have been broadcast live.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 06:36   #17
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
please stop calling meat a "douche". its sick and repulsive. We dont care what you have to say
Even though I have no problem calling anyone a douche when they are being one, I was referring to the poster of the YT video.

However, I love you too Wario.

Last edited by Evil Ernie; 30 Mar 2012 at 06:42.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 06:49   #18
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Yup.
Meat was soooo much better during the UK shows in Dec 2010 than AFL. One of those should have been videod and heck maybe even have been broadcast live.
Lol. I think that takes away some of the lustre of seeing a live performance.

I think it's clear from watching that ML couldn't hear himself through the ear monitor. When you can't hear yourself singing the natural thing to do raise your voice, but that usually puts you off key.

Nobody could be that off key if they were hearing themselves. A cracked voice or throat frog perhaps, but not that. I don't blame Meat for the performance.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 08:44   #19
mtaylor315
Super Loafer

The video has been removed from YouTube after a claim from Red Pony Tours

I'm not exactly a fan of OutlawMCC - his need to post on every Meat Loaf video he sees is very annoying - so I'm glad its down x
1 User Dislikes This Post.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 11:43   #20
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
So did I .. although I think it's a repulsive term and see no reason why it should be used on this forum to describe anybody, however much one dislikes or disapproves of them. It seems to be one the system software doesn't include in its list, even though it includes the word A S S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaylor315 View Post

I'm not exactly a fan of OutlawMCC - his need to post on every Meat Loaf video he sees is very annoying - so I'm glad its down x
Yes, the man clearly has an obsession, and might be better off employed trying to identify something positive to do in his life.

Caryl
Old 30 Mar 2012, 11:59   #21
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaylor315 View Post
Just out of curiosity, on what grounds can Red Pony Tours ask for removal of footage that is apparently owned by some TV station? It's not particularly smart to do this, in my opinion. In fact that action kind of confirmed what the uploader claimed. I also suspect it will be reuploaded soon.

Last edited by Sarge; 30 Mar 2012 at 12:04.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 12:07   #22
CarylB
Mega Loafer

In my opinion Meat is neither naive nor "not smart". Copyright is a complex issue, and I suspect he knows more about it than most of us do, and discussion on the grounds used as a basis for its removal would be simply speculative in my opinion
Old 30 Mar 2012, 13:00   #23
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
In my opinion Meat is neither naive nor "not smart".
In my opinion it is naive to believe that you can gain anything by this. I also don't see the point in providing people who are eager to criticize you with ammunition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Copyright is a complex issue
That's why I asked. If I uploaded his Wetten, dass...? performance to YouTube (for example), I'd expect ZDF to complain about it and make a copyright claim but not Red Pony Tours.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 16:23   #24
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
In my opinion it is naive to believe that you can gain anything by this. I also don't see the point in providing people who are eager to criticize you with ammunition.

That's why I asked. If I uploaded his Wetten, dass...? performance to YouTube (for example), I'd expect ZDF to complain about it and make a copyright claim but not Red Pony Tours.
Yup. I think a better approach is to laugh it off or just ignore it. He explained why it happened and it made total sense. It doesn't pay to get mad or offended on the internet. You can't win.

It's quite easy to get videos pulled from youtube. Almost any sort of copyright claim will do it from almost any company as YT doesn't have time to actually check it out. They just pull it. It may not be ML directly doing it as other poeple are involved on the management side.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 17:28   #25
mtaylor315
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Just out of curiosity, on what grounds can Red Pony Tours ask for removal of footage that is apparently owned by some TV station? It's not particularly smart to do this, in my opinion. In fact that action kind of confirmed what the uploader claimed. I also suspect it will be reuploaded soon.
No idea, but several have been removed since it took place, so I'd guess they have some grounds. His description on that video annoyed me, so I'm glad its down. That YouTube user is obsessed with commenting on Meat's videos - I don't like him whatsoever x
Closed Thread