Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » Braver Than We Are

Old 28 Sep 2015, 20:48   #51
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeangel View Post
Because Meat was out of action for a while I would say that it is more than likely that Paul went ahead and recorded the other songs and then waited for Meat to do the vocals.
Meat may well have identified other songs he was intending to record, but I think you're making a big assumption in suggesting Paul "went ahead and recorded the other songs" .. in fact I'd consider that highly unlikely. Paul actually got involved in other work when Meat had to put the project on hold.

Quote:
For HCTB the same thing happened. Meat and Paul went to Rob with songs and Rob dismissed them as being for another album which I would say would be HIAHB.
That was one reason HIAHB came out so quickly after HCTB as it was more or less a completed projected.
Another whopping assumption I think. Meat has never struck me as an artist who keeps discarded songs in a drawer to rummage through and bring out for a subsequent album, quite the reverse. He seems to start with a conceptual vision .. in HCTB the story of dying soldier, in HIAH his own set of concerns/feelings at the world he sees around him. Whether or not everyone sees that concept in the final work is almost irrelevant in a way, but it seems to be the driving creative force behind what he assembles, selects and finally delivers. I have seen him say nothing to suggest HIAH was an almost completed project when he started recording; rather I put the speed down to what was a key creative concept (stripped and pared down to deliver a very personal perspective for a change) and that it was largely recorded while he was on he road, touring with the band, and making use of a mobile recording facility.

Quote:
All this information came from Meat himself through different posts.
But from your interpretation and your assumptions based on his posts .. mine are quite different
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 20:55   #52
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Track list from source(SPOILERS)

1. Who Needs the Young
  2. Braver than we Are
  3. Scars
  4. God has Left the Building
  5. Dead Ringer For Love
  6. What Part of my Body Hurts the Most
  7. The Ballad of Helter
  8. The Perimidad
  9. Come in the Night / Let the Revels begin
  10. Fortress
  11. Speaking in Tongues
  12. Prize Fight Lover
Disk 2 (BONUS LIVE CD):
  1. Redlight / Lemon
  2. The Giving Tree
  3. Objects
  4. Out of the Frying Pan
  5. Heaven Can Wait
  6. All Revved Up
  7. For Crying Out Loud
  8. Bat
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Dislikes This Post.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 21:13   #53
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Jesus .. there are some loose-lipped twonks around .. .. if the "source" is reliable this time. Why can't these people allow Meat the word on what is released and when?
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 21:26   #54
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Jesus .. there are some loose-lipped twonks around .. .. if the "source" is reliable this time. Why can't these people allow Meat the word on what is released and when?
LOL TWONKS. LOVE IT.
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2015, 21:36   #55
Evil One
Mega Loafer

I doubt it. I suspect a live CD will be taken from the forthcoming US shows and For Crying Out Loud will be saved for a Last At Bat DVD. Also Come In The Night is a dreadful song and where is More?
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2015, 22:33   #56
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Meat may well have identified other songs he was intending to record, but I think you're making a big assumption in suggesting Paul "went ahead and recorded the other songs" .. in fact I'd consider that highly unlikely. Paul actually got involved in other work when Meat had to put the project on hold.

Another whopping assumption I think. Meat has never struck me as an artist who keeps discarded songs in a drawer to rummage through and bring out for a subsequent album, quite the reverse. He seems to start with a conceptual vision .. in HCTB the story of dying soldier, in HIAH his own set of concerns/feelings at the world he sees around him. Whether or not everyone sees that concept in the final work is almost irrelevant in a way, but it seems to be the driving creative force behind what he assembles, selects and finally delivers. I have seen him say nothing to suggest HIAH was an almost completed project when he started recording; rather I put the speed down to what was a key creative concept (stripped and pared down to deliver a very personal perspective for a change) and that it was largely recorded while he was on he road, touring with the band, and making use of a mobile recording facility.

But from your interpretation and your assumptions based on his posts .. mine are quite different

everyone has an opinion. ELVIS IN VEGAS was originally for BAT 3 as it posted on a tracklist very early but obviously never made it.
HIAHB I believe was recorded with songs that were originally meant for HCTB but discarded by Rob. You are correct that they were not complete and needed work but the basic tracks were probably complete. Meat had to add or redo vocals and of course the overdubs.
I do believe that Paul has the non Steinman songs more or less ready for Meat's vocals as they did have a fair bit of time as Meat was unavailable. Hence Paul and all being able to work on other projects.
Paul is the producer and it is the producer's job to keep things running and in budget. Hindsight is always 20/20 and at the time I'm sure know one knew how long Meat might have been out of action. So Paul probably did a lot of preproduction work and may have even done more while he was waiting for Meat.
Then when it became clear there was a major setback I would say that was when the project was shelved until Meat returned.
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Dislikes This Post.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 00:11   #57
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post
LOL TWONKS. LOVE IT.
Thanks My original word appeared as a series of **** .. but the system doesn't seem concerned about Twonks, which covers it I think
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 00:46   #58
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

Why would Dead Ringer be on the new album seeing that he's already recorded and released it 35 years ago?
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 02:08   #59
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Fake... but it's a cool pic.

AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 06:58   #60
Wario

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Fake... but it's a cool pic.

Perfection except the font at the bottom ruins it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah's way View Post
Why would Dead Ringer be on the new album seeing that he's already recorded and released it 35 years ago?
Re recordings are pretty common these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
I doubt it. I suspect a live CD will be taken from the forthcoming US shows and For Crying Out Loud will be saved for a Last At Bat DVD. Also Come In The Night is a dreadful song and where is More?
Thought the same only the messenger

Quote:
Ya keep your salt handy but those track titles are fascinating

The Perimidad sounds groovy
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 07:31   #61
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

The list Wario posted seems quite plausible based on snippets of information we have. Dead Ringer was mentioned as being re-recorded with the live arrangement used and possibly Imelda May duetting.

I also note that Wario must have actually been passed this info due to the high achievement in spelling and punctuation :)
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 09:08   #62
Mr. Happy
The Happy?

If that list is legit, then Prize Fight Lover is the best song they could possibly have in the one non-Jim slot. I can see that making a great closer, too. I'll take it

With that said, though, including Dead Ringer would be a total waste of space. I'm iffy enough as it is when it comes to Jim's recycling, which apparently is going into overdrive on Braver - literally re-hashing Dead Ringer is too much for my tastes. That's so, so lazy. Bonus track, sure. Taking up album space that could be used for something (anything) else, not so much.
Mr. Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2015, 10:41   #63
roomster
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
I hope your source are reliable Wario, because I have hoped and prayed that What Part of my Body Hurts the Most should be on the new album
roomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2015, 12:00   #64
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Ya keep your salt handy but those track titles are fascinating
I wouldn't know .. I didn't look. I'm happy to wait for the reality .. and these sources have not proved overly reliable in the past

Quote:
The Perimidad sounds groovy
Have absolutely no idea what this means .. unless it refers to that revealed by Twonk-gate, in which case I don't need to understand
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 13:24   #65
rockfenris2005
Mega Loafer

I spent way too much time on this...
rockfenris2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 19:36   #66
loaferman61
The Boogeyman Fears Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeangel View Post

For HCTB the same thing happened. Meat and Paul went to Rob with songs and Rob dismissed them as being for another album which I would say would be HIAHB.

You are correct according to this:
He starts ranting. He doesn't understand why it's OK for Katy Perry to go around "humping people" in her videos, but not for him to sing about his dick.

"It's all about sex," he says. "It's cabaret. It's sex clubs. I don't know. The world's gone to hell in a handbasket."

And, actually, that—Hell in a Handbasket—is what Meat Loaf says he plans on naming his next record, which will consist of the songs produced during his month-long writing session that didn't fit into this album's storyline.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/music/...latest-6423164
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 16:34   #67
Ollie241189

Quote:

1. Who Needs the Young
  2. Braver than we Are
  3. Scars
  4. God has Left the Building
  5. Dead Ringer For Love
  6. What Part of my Body Hurts the Most
  7. The Ballad of Helter
  8. The Perimidad
  9. Come in the Night / Let the Revels begin
  10. Fortress
  11. Speaking in Tongues
  12. Prize Fight Lover
Disk 2 (BONUS LIVE CD):
  1. Redlight / Lemon
  2. The Giving Tree
  3. Objects
  4. Out of the Frying Pan
  5. Heaven Can Wait
  6. All Revved Up
  7. For Crying Out Loud
  8. Bat
Meat has said quite openly how much he doesn't like What Part of my Body... And that it's not part of the new album...
Ollie241189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2015, 16:47   #68
Evil One
Mega Loafer

No he hasn't. He's said repeatedly that it's not on the album, but I've not seen him criticise the song.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 16:52   #69
Ollie241189

I may have got that wrong then. I dunno, I'll have another ganders... My mistake
Ollie241189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2015, 17:29   #70
Evil One
Mega Loafer

In fact I'm pretty sure Meat wanted it for Bat 3 but wasn't allowed to use it.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 18:32   #71
loaferman61
The Boogeyman Fears Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie241189 View Post
Meat has said quite openly how much he doesn't like What Part of my Body... And that it's not part of the new album...
I guess he has his reasons, but that song is a masterpiece waiting to be recorded properly. I know I'd record it before some of the lyrical genius that made the last two albums.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Oct 2015, 07:48   #72
rockfenris2005
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
In fact I'm pretty sure Meat wanted it for Bat 3 but wasn't allowed to use it.
I wouldn't be surprised *at all* if Meat had wanted to record both this and Still The Children for Bat 3.
Old 01 Oct 2015, 16:11   #73
Wario

Um he loves the song it's justcthe rights where the hell do you get your information
Old 01 Oct 2015, 17:22   #74
rockfenris2005
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Um he loves the song it's justcthe rights where the hell do you get your information
Maybe they got it mixed up with "Stark raving love"?
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Oct 2015, 18:35   #75
Wario

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 View Post
Maybe they got it mixed up with "Stark raving love"?
whod blame him

Btw with Karla back u think we could get Dance in My Pants