Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 25 Jul 2018, 11:48   #101
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

I wonder if this has anything to do with all the bad press - the dumb "Meat Loaf is going on tour but won't sing a single note" articles that sprang up all over the press a couple of weeks back. Or perhaps the logistics of getting all the various NLE members together?
jmfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2018, 13:22   #102
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
Minor update: backoutofhell.com is now well and truly gone. Apparently the Bandzoogle account is dead.
Now there'sthis! -
https://themeatloafexperience.com/

edit - And the playable BOOH is back!
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 15:13   #103
anotherday
Super Loafer

For a second, I got it confused with Adjes site! XD
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 15:45   #104
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post
That's it! I didn't twig at first why it sounded so familiar!
jmfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 21:16   #105
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Dreadful new name. Now it screams tribute act.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 22:46   #106
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

At this point, they'd almost be better off using the NLE's name. Meat Loaf Presents "THE NEVERLAND EXPRESS: A Tribute to Bat" or whatever would sound a little more authentic.

In other news, the YouTube channel is now missing the promos to which we've linked, the Facebook page doesn't exist as yet, and there's a whole new Instagram account. For experienced bookers and talent, this has to be one of the most half-assed launches I've ever seen.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 23:38   #107
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post
Either Adje will get increased traffic or he will get a lawsuit.

I guess the name keeps changing because of legal reasons.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 01:00   #108
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Either Adje will get increased traffic or he will get a lawsuit.
In case of a lawsuit, I will keep the site and make it about all variations of meatloaf recipes

I just hope the name doesn't decrease my traffic because people figure it's no longer about Meat Loaf

Oh well, for me the websitename is the only interesting part of this entire 'tribute' circus.

But Meat is in London, so have fun you ComicCon visitors!!!
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 17:00   #109
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

At this point I am not even sure they can make enough to pay for the band. That was the one hope I held out was that it wasn't just some bar band or some karaoke type singer, but the real NLE members with an Idol winner.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2018, 17:09   #110
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
I have been waiting for Caleb to be referred to as "Hamburger Helper".
Old 26 Jul 2018, 21:18   #111
byo1975
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
In case of a lawsuit, I will keep the site and make it about all variations of meatloaf recipes

I just hope the name doesn't decrease my traffic because people figure it's no longer about Meat Loaf

Oh well, for me the websitename is the only interesting part of this entire 'tribute' circus.

But Meat is in London, so have fun you ComicCon visitors!!!
Your webpage is incredible....dont give up....and upload more videos :P
byo1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 21:48   #112
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
I agree. Not happy with the name from an objective point of view. At the same time, maybe some marketing people suggested it because Meat Loaf is in the name. Meat's name will sell tickets, after all.

And I can appreciate the difficulty naming the new show because "Meat Loaf" is as much associated with an individual person as it is with a stage show entity.

I'm sure they thought of other things, like Meat Loaf's Neverland Express With Caleb Johnston. But that sounds a bit too long winded to me. Then again, so does Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 22:52   #113
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
I have been waiting for Caleb to be referred to as "Hamburger Helper".
The Hamburger Experience featuring music from Meat Loaf. Hamburger not included.

I agree with what people said it sounds more like a tribute band now.
Maybe something like Meat Loaf's Escape From Hell would be better.

Either way I think this is going to be relatively small demand. Hope I'm wrong. The Meat Loaf or Bat brand is definitely needed whatever they call it. Look how poorly Patti Russo's shows sold without that and she did really well on her first tour I thought and also considering she was originally part of some of Meat's top songs etc.
The Neverland Express name I think sadly means nothing to the majority of potential ticket buyers.

Last edited by AndrewG; 26 Jul 2018 at 23:01.
Old 27 Jul 2018, 00:57   #114
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
The Neverland Express name I think sadly means nothing to the majority of potential ticket buyers.
Only Meat Loaf fans are going to really know it. Then without Meat himself you can probably only count on a relative small percentage of what Meat was drawing on his last few tours. I don't know how much the NLE or Caleb would be paid but by the time you have that plus other expenses, I'm not sure you can draw well enough to turn a profit. I'd love to get to run the numbers.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 20:51   #115
nightinr
Super Loafer

Any new info on this? When are dates being announced?
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2018, 21:35   #116
AndrewG

Weird nobody from this board (of which I'm sure several must have gone to the comic con in London) has posted their experiences yet.

Going by what I saw and heard people got great professional photos (MUCH better than the quick snaps at normal Meet N Greets) and his talk was very good.

1 User Likes This Post.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 01:25   #117
CarylB
Mega Loafer

I was there Sunday, home today, and have just posted :)

The event was the most badly organised thing I've ever been to, no-one could give a straight answer to any simple question like "Where will Meat be doing his photo shoots?" or "Where is he signing?" .. and the A listers didn't even get a booth (which I think he'd expected) but were just plonked behind a long line of tables in front of a painted brick wall, with no spaces between. The first day for the photo shoots, they expected Meat to sit on a high chair .. even had him use a cardboard frigging BOX to try and clamber on to the chair! By Saturday they had finally found him a motorised chair to whizz between signing and photo shoots .. but all in all the organisation was appalling.

The photos were fine .. but not better than at any M&G I have been to. Early M&Gs had a photographer, later ones they used whatever camera one brought, and all mine were fine.

And yes, his talk was great

Whatever happens with the NLE/Caleb venture, if it goes ahead in the near future Meat will not be actively involved, but Deborah said she expected they would put out an announcement soon saying this, but that Meat fully endorsed it.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 02:22   #118
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

I was sat behind you at the talk Caryl - wish I'd have said hi!
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2018, 02:29   #119
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Oh ... so do I Wasn't he great?
Old 31 Jul 2018, 03:04   #120
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
The photos were fine .. but not better than at any M&G I have been to. Early M&Gs had a photographer, later ones they used whatever camera one brought, and all mine were fine.
Thanks for your reviews Caryl.

To me the photos with Meat look a lot better framed from this event, close ups of the faces rather than just the body shots. Like they seemed to take more time. Using people's own cameras in the 2010 M&G events was a poor decision I reckon in hindsight. Mine was unusable. I probably was just unlucky that day.

I saw the diamond pass holders got a Meat Loaf cup with a quote from the Rock N' Roll Hero lyrics. To me this is noteworthy since that song hardly ever gets mentioned.
Probably the most unique bit of official Meat merch I've seen in a while. Looks like a great collector's item.

Hope Meat enjoyed his time here. I'm not so sure we will see him back.

Last edited by AndrewG; 31 Jul 2018 at 03:35.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 04:35   #121
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I saw the diamond pass holders got a Meat Loaf cup with a quote from the Rock N' Roll Hero lyrics. To me this is noteworthy since that song hardly ever gets mentioned.
Probably the most unique bit of official Meat merch I've seen in a while. Looks like a great collector's item.
You'd think .. but they'll be rare indeed as unlike Meat's gifts at M&Gs these were not given to Diamond pass holders when they checked in, but hidden away somewhere in boxes in the vast space of Olympia. No-one could tell us where they were, and only the lucky few managed to track down, more by luck than anything else, the one stall that apparently was selling frames for photos from the various shoots, and had them tucked under the table out of sight.

If they had enough for all Diamond pass holders some employed on a permanent or temporary basis by the event organisers will be the collectors, but not us!
Old 31 Jul 2018, 07:17   #122
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

Quote:
Oh ... so do I Wasn't he great?
Absolutely amazing! It was great to see Meat on stage again. He was on top form!
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 20:00   #123
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Sounds like a typical "convention" or glorified and usually over-priced meet and greet (Meat excepted of course since that is priceless). I have never been to a single one where organization appeared to be more than an afterthought and staff members are told nothing and often give conflicting information. I'm glad they at least found Meat one of those motorized carts at some point.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 21:58   #124
CarylB
Mega Loafer

It was the worst and most piss-poorly organised thing I have ever been to! Meat expected a booth as he gets in the USA .. the A listers were all against one long painted brick wall, their tables lined up with no space between them. He told me on the first day they were so close to the wall behind, you could barely get by the chairs.

There was no clear signage .. no-one knew which photo "booths" would be used by which artist, we were directed to non-existent information booths. Hordes of staff wearing CREW jumpers were scattered around .. apparently for no reason as none could answer any simple question. The question I heard over and over "Could you tell me where ...." was met in almost every case with a shrug and "I don't know .. over there somewhere?" pointing across the vast hall.

They couldn't tell you where the lifts were .. we found just two small ones, one on either side, and not until 5pm finally discovered two sets of two large lifts.

It was a bloody shambles ..
Old 01 Aug 2018, 00:00   #125
jcmoorehead
Super Loafer

Quote:
It was the worst and most piss-poorly organised thing I have ever been to! Meat expected a booth as he gets in the USA .. the A listers were all against one long painted brick wall, their tables lined up with no space between them. He told me on the first day they were so close to the wall behind, you could barely get by the chairs.

There was no clear signage .. no-one knew which photo "booths" would be used by which artist, we were directed to non-existent information booths. Hordes of staff wearing CREW jumpers were scattered around .. apparently for no reason as none could answer any simple question. The question I heard over and over "Could you tell me where ...." was met in almost every case with a shrug and "I don't know .. over there somewhere?" pointing across the vast hall.

They couldn't tell you where the lifts were .. we found just two small ones, one on either side, and not until 5pm finally discovered two sets of two large lifts.

It was a bloody shambles ..
Was it ran by Showmasters? If so their stuff is generally quite poor. Very overpriced for what they are the poor in terms of dealers. Just generally a lot of the same figures over and over and loads of bootleg merchandise.

I've helped run a convention in the past, nowhere near on that level and it isn't an easy task at all. A lot to do, but we were all fans of the stuff we ran the convention for and did it out of love and passion, and it ran a lot better than I hear these larger events run.
jcmoorehead is offline   Reply With Quote