Super Loafer

*facepalm*
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2018, 19:17   #27
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Good to see Meat posted on Facebook/Twitter the other day re Memorial Day. Hopefully it was him and not somebody else who posted it on his behalf.

I think it is important for us to be kept informed if somebody has any news - after all this is a fans forum.

Recently there has been practically no posts so it would be good if people injected some energy into the forum.
Everyone is doing the best they can to keep each other informed in this little community.

The forum gets less busy when Meat's not touring or releasing albums and such. It still gets busy when Meat tours Europe. This is a natural lull that will continue likely indefinitely until either there is some news, or until Meat is well enough that he wants to work on projects that interest the people here. Until then, I've found some other interests to keep me busy
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 05 Jun 2018, 10:04   #28
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Good to see Meat posted on Facebook/Twitter the other day re Memorial Day. Hopefully it was him and not somebody else who posted it on his behalf.

I think it is important for us to be kept informed if somebody has any news - after all this is a fans forum.

Recently there has been practically no posts so it would be good if people injected some energy into the forum.

The forum is here to use, and we can certainly discuss things old or new without waiting for official updates or new releases. Updates would be nice, nobody is doubting that, but in the meantime we have what we have.

I don't get the sense that the facebook etc updates on Meat's account that merely link to articles/videos are posted by the man himself - they're too impersonal. I think somebody does them on his behalf just to keep the accounts going and give the casual fans something to look at. No bad thing - most celebrity accounts are 99% that.
jmfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 06 Jun 2018, 05:06   #29
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfreeman View Post
I don't get the sense that the facebook etc updates on Meat's account that merely link to articles/videos are posted by the man himself - they're too impersonal. I think somebody does them on his behalf just to keep the accounts going and give the casual fans something to look at. No bad thing - most celebrity accounts are 99% that.
I agree. When you look back, if Meat himself posts a link to an article or video h tends to sign it .. that's not to say he doesn't instruct those who manage his page to make certain posts at certain times, but when he posts himself it is, as you say, more personal, and usually signed with M or Love Ya , Meat.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 21:18   #30
nightinr
Super Loafer

I know people keep telling me to metaphorically "shut up", however it's only a few weeks away to Meat's proposed date in London. People are wondering whether to buy tickets or not. Is there any update on Meat being able to make this date?
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2018, 01:16   #31
CarylB
Mega Loafer

No. Although imo Meat would be working and aiming to make any commitment almost to the wire
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote