mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 03 Jun 2007, 23:03   #51
Ma.Ra
Trekkie

Great song, great voice. Why can't there be a cd of Patti's songs?

To another time and dimension, it would have been a great song also for Meat.
Ma.Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 23:23   #52
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Being she's not on a label atm that seems to be a long way off but I really hope there will be one very soon .
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2007, 13:47   #53
Ankie
Office manager

Guess you all found the latest addition called ''These Arms'' to her Myspace by now?!
It is stuck in my head since I heard it for the first time

Can't wait for an album to put on repeat!!!
Ankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2007, 21:04   #54
Ma.Ra
Trekkie

Patti has a new song oline on myspace under "the vault" with the name "Where Were You".

http://www.myspace.com/pattirusso
Old 30 Jun 2007, 21:52   #55
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

thats song is cool - heard it before
meatloaf-unofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2007, 22:06   #56
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Thanks for the heads up.
First time hearing this, it's beautiful !

She also has a gorgeous new profile pic up also.
Old 01 Jul 2007, 00:33   #57
Lord Kagan
On the other hand, You have different fingers

Anyone know where I could get a copy of her singing Madeline?
Lord Kagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2007, 00:47   #58
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

http://home.planet.nl/~williamg/www/...sedtracks.html

01 In My Heart
02 Where Were You
03 Ballerina
04 Madeline

Pud
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2007, 00:54   #59
Ma.Ra
Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
http://home.planet.nl/~williamg/www/...sedtracks.html

01 In My Heart
02 Where Were You
03 Ballerina
04 Madeline

Pud
That are just the lyrics.
Old 01 Jul 2007, 01:10   #60
Pudding

My mistake, I thought they linked to mp3's

Pud
Old 01 Jul 2007, 01:29   #61
Pudding

Lets try again:

In My Heart
Where Were You
Madeline

Pud
Old 01 Jul 2007, 02:57   #62
Lord Kagan
On the other hand, You have different fingers

Thanks Pud
Lord Kagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2007, 19:43   #63
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Wink

Patti has added a new Vault song, 'Fight'.
It's different to the others that she done it's far rockier but I love it and she has also posted a new journal entry, you can view and hear at Patti's myspace page !!

Enjoy
Old 17 Sep 2007, 14:16   #64
citydweller
Loafer

I'll bump this thread up because there is a discussion going on in another thread that wants to continue but doesn't really belong there. If people feel like they still need to discuss, now a year later, why Patti left the band, perhaps they'll bring that over to this thread. I know this is a question that draws much speculation and usually results in thread locking or deletion, rightly so, I guess. The question I ask myself (and other relevent parties ) is why now, after all this time, does it still matter WHY she left? It does seem to make a difference how fans feel about her..........thinking she left Meat because she wanted to break out on her own and not be tied down by another two years of touring makes some fans feel one way about her...............or thinking she was driven out or even fired to be replaced by someone younger makes other fans feel the need to defend her and potentially disparage Aspen. For these reasons, I wish the truth would come to light. But unless explaining what really happened will make either party feel better or have a sense of closure, it isn't going to happen. Reading Patti's blog recently may make one feel differently, but I think much has happened to this woman in the course of a year that is entirely unrelated to ML, but contributed to the frustration in those posts. All I'll say is she appreciates the support from all her fans, doesn't take anything for granted, and reads everything anyone sends her.........including questions.

Since all of the above may disappear, I'll try to save the post with a link, once again, to her most recent project, performances in Italy. Deb has done an amazing job posting pics and videos on her site for Patti.

Deb's site:
http://www.debzwebz.biz/debsmeatywor...o_projects.htm

Here's a direct link to the newest video montage of Patti performing with Ellis Hooks:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wy0bCWezQ9E

It's just fun.
citydweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 14:29   #65
RadioMaster
The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
why now, after all this time, does it still matter WHY she left?
Why not?
This is a discussion board and were here to exchange our opinions about Meat Loaf related stuff. Arent we?
This sure might in some way be a delicate subject, but as long as nobody's attacked personally I dont see any reason to stop discussing her leaving of the band.
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 15:09   #66
citydweller
Loafer

Right. And in my next sentence I went on to acknowledge why, in fact, it DOES still seem to matter not knowing why she left.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 15:11   #67
Deb
Mega Loafer

My thought exactly RJ

Patti was a very important part of my Meat world. She still is a very important part of it, even though she isn't in the band now.

Deb
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 15:16   #68
Deb
Mega Loafer

Thanks for posting that for me Steph
Old 17 Sep 2007, 15:32   #69
citydweller
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post

Patti was a very important part of my Meat world.
Their histories are forever linked. Every concert photo, every live concert recording, every memory we all have from those years together begs the question, "What happened?" Solely because the fans were never told and therefore didn't know if her leaving was even a good thing or a bad thing (for her, that is) That not knowing has forever influenced how people will support her in the future, how they have received Aspen, and whether or not they will fill a seat at a ML concert at all!

Please don't misunderstand me. Of course it matters.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 15:53   #70
AndyK
Relentless

Just to play devils advocate for a moment, but, over the last 30 years The Neverland Express has been a band with a transient line up, the only constant has been Meat himself.

Don't get me wrong, I miss Patti, but I also miss Bob Kulick, The Goff Sisters, Chuck Burgii, Steve Buslowe, Paul Jacobs, Kati Mac, Alan Merrill and all the others. Each brought their own touch to a live show, each have rightly earned their names in the alumnii of The Neverland Express, each have contributed to making a Meat showand/or a Meat record memorable. Yes Patti was an integral part of the line up and a major foil for Meat's on stage antics for many many years, and there's a whole generation of Meat fans who grew up on a diet of live and recorded Patti who haven't been as lucky as I have in seeing some of the other memorable line-ups that have been out there with Meat.

The inquisitive part of me would like to understand why Patti is no longer part of the line up, but then again there's also a part of me that doesn't want to know, this is the same part of me that accepted Kati Mac and Doreen Chanter being replaced by the Goff sisters and then the Goff's being replaced by Patti, that accepted Andy Wells being replaced by Chuck and in turn John replacing Chuck, that accepted Bob and Alan giving way for Pat Thrall and Kasim and then Steve Buslowe and Pat going in favour of Damon and Ray (with a sidestep by Kasim into the Bass player and MD role) then Damon and Ray giving way to Paul and John Golden and then John going in favour of Randy.

I guess I'm asking if we really do need to know why to accept that she has gone? Do we really need to understand every detail to wish her all the best for the future and to continue to support her in whatever she does? Does dragging up the past help? Sometimes it does as it gives closure and healing and sometimes it has the complete opposite effect.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 15:56   #71
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
Their histories are forever linked. Every concert photo, every live concert recording, every memory we all have from those years together begs the question, "What happened?" Solely because the fans were never told and therefore didn't know if her leaving was even a good thing or a bad thing (for her, that is) That not knowing has forever influenced how people will support her in the future, how they have received Aspen, and whether or not they will fill a seat at a ML concert at all!

Please don't misunderstand me. Of course it matters.
I didn't misunderstand you for one sec Steph I'm with you on all this.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:06   #72
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
I guess I'm asking if we really do need to know why to accept that she has gone? Do we really need to understand every detail to wish her all the best for the future and to continue to support her in whatever she does? Does dragging up the past help? Sometimes it does as it gives closure and healing and sometimes it has the complete opposite effect.

Ansy, from your perspective I guess the answer is no. As like you say you've seen many line ups come and go. Plus for you and many others at the end of the day Meat is the main reason you're in this

On the other hand.... there's those of us who haven't been around to see as many band members come and go.

What i'm trying to say is, for some knowing wont make a difference and for others it will. For some it will give closure and healing for others it wont make a blind bit of difference.

On a side note, I personally think Patti to be the most important NLE member to date (yes even above John lol) 13 yrs as far as I know is longer than any either of the female singers. Which in itself is something huge. Not only for the fans but for the band also. Patti was a HUGE part of the NLE touring family. And I'm sure her leavng has affected them as much as some of us, if not more.

So yes others have come and gone. Tom a great lost to me personally (sorry Mark ) But IMO Patti leaving is on a totally different level.

Plus if Patti hadn't left maybe Randy would of got a haircut

Deb
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:17   #73
AndyK
Relentless

I'm not disputing anything you say here Des, I was as saddened as anyone to hear that Patti wouldn't be part of the NLE anymore. Yes I guess I am more used to seeing the line up change than others are, that doesn't mean I don't miss Patti or any of the others.

As you say Patti was a huge asset to Meat and the NLE, both off stage and on stage, and, never mind Randy's haircut, the standard of female wardrobe plummetted as well She will always be missed.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:20   #74
Deb
Mega Loafer

LMAO ...men have a one track mind lol.

She will definitely be missed and what I was really trying to say was there are a certain percentage of us who in a way are grieving over this. And sometimes the only way to get past this is to talk about it. As long as it stays civil as RJ said. I totally undertsand for others they would rather move on, but then they have the option to not read it lol.

Deb
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:20   #75
mszee
Mega Loafer

Out of simple curiosity, I would like to know why Patti is no longer with a band too.

However, it appears to me that if no disclosure came from either camp as of now, it is no longer forthcoming. Obviously, both sides decided that it is between them and nobody else.

It is also obvious that it must have been something not so good to say the least if there was no announcement of any kind. Americans are very big on all kinds of announcements of this nature - no publicity is ever a bad publicity...

So, unless one of them will come up with memoirs years later and will describe the break in those, we will probably never find out what really happened. And even if they do come up with something eventually...who knows what truth is at the end of the day which as it is already is stranger than fiction...

So we can speculate from here to eternity but that ain't getting us nowhere...
mszee is offline   Reply With Quote