mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 29 May 2007, 09:09   #1
Fat Bat
Rookie

Default Aspen Miller

Hi Folks

I've never posted on here and to be honest, i only joined in order to get a look at the set list before the Glasgow gig. However, i've really enjoyed reading everyone's reviews of the tour and seeing the photos.

Do you folks go to all the gigs on the UK tour? I think some of you must as it seems to be the same people posting for some of the gigs.

Anyway, i thought the Glasgow gig was amazing. Saw Meat twice before and thought he was excellent the first time (Greatest Hits tour) and poor the second (just after his health scare). This time he was incredible though! Very powerful and it was great to hear Objects in the Rearview Mirror live. Highlight had to Blind as a Bat, absolutely fantastic!

I was really disappointed when i heard that Patti Russo wasn't touring with him this time and even more so when i found out that it was some young lass who was a singer at Disneyland or something! I WAS WRONG. I think Aspen Miller is incredible. OK, she's no Patti, but it does seem to freshen up the whole show in my opinion.

Add to that the fact that she is gorgeous and i think Meat is on to a winner with Aspen! I just wanted to start a thread which showed some appreciation of Aspen.

That is all i guess.......
Fat Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 09:32   #2
Benny
Massive Loafer

Hi fat bat! Welcome aboard

Aspen is great! They do work well together.
Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 12:50   #3
Ankie
Office manager

Moved to Lost boys and Golden Girls thread.
Ankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 13:35   #4
Heli
Daddy's little internet junkie

Thing with Aspen is, is that she's not just anyone....the torch was pretty much passed down from Patti Russo to here...

...And Brian May approves, so she's more than welcome to the Neverland Express, in my opinion! She's a fantastic actress and an amazing singer!

She's no Patti, but she's fab, I think! :)
Heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 15:57   #5
JanT
Mega Loafer

For a liddle thing she has a mighty powerfull voice. Pocket dynamite I'd say.
JanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2007, 00:35   #6
MissAsh
Super Loafer

I agree with all of the above, I had a few doubts until about 30 seconds into her beginning to sing at the Glasgow gig, completely blew me away. She's fantastic.
MissAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2007, 00:51   #7
Mick Loaf
Thread Killer

I also think she's awesome!
Mick Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2007, 11:14   #8
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Loaf View Post
I also think she's awesome!
I think she is awesome too.....and sexy.
Jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2007, 17:35   #9
SteinLoaf
Korg Powered!

I met Aspen in Manchester and she's a very very nice lady. Patti Russo was most definately a giant part of Meat Loaf's musical life for a long while. However times move on, faces change, and with new faces beings a breath of fresh air!

I really admire Patti Russo (she was always very pleasant to talk with) for her talent. But, as the history of the Neverland Express dictates, Patti was one of a number of leading ladies.

That role, playing next to Meat, demands some kinda presence! Aspen has, with her predecessors, risen to it and admirably - not in the shoes of anyone else, but as herself. I have nothing but admiration and respect for any talent that can put themselves next to one of Rock's most bombastic Artists and pull off one heck of a performance with it.

Good Luck Aspen - Welcome to Music History!
SteinLoaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2007, 17:42   #10
Heli
Daddy's little internet junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinLoaf View Post
I met Aspen in Manchester and she's a very very nice lady. Patti Russo was most definately a giant part of Meat Loaf's musical life for a long while. However times move on, faces change, and with new faces beings a breath of fresh air!

I really admire Patti Russo (she was always very pleasant to talk with) for her talent. But, as the history of the Neverland Express dictates, Patti was one of a number of leading ladies.

That role, playing next to Meat, demands some kinda presence! Aspen has, with her predecessors, risen to it and admirably - not in the shoes of anyone else, but as herself. I have nothing but admiration and respect for any talent that can put themselves next to one of Rock's most bombastic Artists and pull off one heck of a performance with it.

What he said...
Heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2007, 17:43   #11
the loose monster
Rookie

Totally agree with SteinLoaf

Deffinatly hope to see her in the band if they tour next year.
I too was a bit sketchy about her before i first saw her live but having seen her with Meat twice now, at RAH and Sheffield I am certain she is a good asset to the Neverland Express.

Keep Rockin'!
the loose monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2007, 21:18   #12
Cpl Mickey
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinLoaf View Post

I third what he said. She has a really powerful voice.
Cpl Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2007, 02:02   #13
rick
badass bus driver

And a cute butt !!!!
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2007, 02:35   #14
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Please dont reproduce....just enjoy
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2007, 04:48   #15
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Michael that's stunning :) !
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2007, 04:58   #16
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 View Post
Michael that's stunning :) !
Is that an awesome photo or what??????????????
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2007, 05:06   #17
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Yes dear !
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2007, 20:40   #18
MissAsh
Super Loafer

stupid light got in the way but... (click for full view)
MissAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 02:58   #19
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Totally disagree. Especially on the comment about Patti. I think if you take Meat's musical career she should be classed as much more than a "leading lady" in the Neverland Express.

Patti was one of a kind in my opinion. Indeed Meat has had and now has other leading ladies in his band but none have and probably will ever come close to how Patti's stage presence / acting and vocal abilities helped Meat during his shows. She is funny / warm / interesting etc etc. Pretty much all other leading ladies in Meat's band lack exactly that in my opinion.
I find there is a real sense of "over-acting" by pretty much all other female co-singers Meat has worked with. It just isn't the same.

I'm really not impressed by the leading ladies Meat has in his band now (ironically while his musicians are actually fantastic)
For example the way Aspen sings the line: "sooner or later you will be screwing arouuuuunndd" in AFL is just plain awful to my ears plus Raven's lack of convincing acting has really taken away any meaning of the song when I now see/hear it live.
Don't want to ramble on but I have to add that Marion Raven's britney spears-esque voice is not quite suited to Meat's music and why she has been plugged so much by the record company to be on Bat 3 and this tour is something that I think beggers belief (espeically when you consider the two other co-singers on Bat 3 are in a completely different league). Instead they should have backed Patti imo.

Last edited by AndrewG; 03 Jun 2007 at 03:12.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2007, 12:33   #20
rick
badass bus driver

Having finally got round to sorting through over 200 photo's
this is for all who are suffering withdrawl symptoms from ASPEN lol

rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2007, 15:19   #21
emma811981
Loafer

I think Aspen is fantastic saw the concert in shefield this year and they work together well plus seen loads on vids on youtube she seems to get some rather negative comments but i think shes ace
emma811981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2007, 12:26   #22
wolfy35
Dangerous on a full moon

I must admit to being a little torn over my opinion of Aspen. I agree that she has a fantastic voice and an immense stage presence but I also agree with AndrewG's comment about the way she sings the screwing around line from AFL does really spoil the whole song for me.

Think in short IMHO Aspen is as good as any of the other lead female vocalists that have ever been with Meat but.....

Patti was never to me just a lead female vocal she was and still is the ONLY female singer that rose above being a supporting voice and reached the level of being Meats equal. They worked so well together both in the way they moved around each other on stage and the way their voices complimented each other it was just so special it should not been allowed to end.
wolfy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2007, 20:26   #23
Tim
The Butcher

love the pics of her!! she is very cute!!
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2007, 15:41   #24
The Evolution
Rookie

I have to admit that I was totally wrong about Aspen Miller is previous posts. She is an amazing talent and wonderful to watch. Please keep up the good work. C
The Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2007, 04:05   #25
angel eyes
Senior Loafer

Can I be really stupid here (or in other words just my normal self) and ask if anyone knows why Patti left?

Although I think Aspen has a good voice, for me she doesn't yet have the stage presence of Patti or the rapport with Meat that Patti had. This of course may come in time.

Has Patti left for good or does she just have other work committments?

Love
Angel xxxx
angel eyes is offline   Reply With Quote