mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 21 Sep 2011, 09:35   #1
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Question Why did Mark leave in 1998?

Is there a definitive answer to this?
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2011, 10:32   #2
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Probably as many as the people you ask. I really don't see why we need to bring this up again. It just invites speculation and leads to negativity imo. He left.

And now we have a great new pianist playing with a great band and a revitalised Meat who's on a roll.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2011, 10:45   #3
Nici

Asking is not a Crime and still being curious is not a crime!!!!! I understand his question, I am still wondering too. It doesn't have to be negative!!! It is people who turn it into a negative thing!
Nici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2011, 10:49   #4
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Probably as many as the people you ask. I really don't see why we need to bring this up again. It just invites speculation and leads to negativity imo. He left.

And now we have a great new pianist playing with a great band and a revitalised Meat who's on a roll.

Caryl
Im talking about his absence from the storytellers tour. Please.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2011, 10:51   #5
AndyK
Relentless

To defend Wario (I'm quick enough to jump on him when he steps out of line, so it's only fair he gets the other side of the coin too) the question is why did Mark take a hiatus from the band in 1998, returning in later years. It's not dragging up the "other" question.

From memory I think he had other commitments, but I can't be 100% sure. Like many others he had/has a life out side ot Meat Loaf, so I don't think it's a big deal really.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2011, 11:22   #6
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nici View Post
Asking is not a Crime and still being curious is not a crime!!!!! I understand his question, I am still wondering too. It doesn't have to be negative!!! It is people who turn it into a negative thing!
I don't think I suggested it was "a crime!!!!!". I thought (as perhaps you may have done too), that Warrio was referring to Mark's final departure, and I know it's people who make things negative, which was my point really.

Quote:
Im talking about his absence from the storytellers tour. Please
Mea culpa and many apologies Warrio, I didn't register the date, but would think, like Andy, that Mark had other commitments. Only person who could give you a definitive answer on that one is probably Mark.

Caryl
Old 21 Sep 2011, 11:50   #7
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

the highly accurate/ballocks* wikipedia states "In 1997, Mark joined Joe Cocker's band on the Across From Midnight tour as the pianist and accordionist, and played acoustic guitar during an extended unplugged set. A live DVD of the tour was recorded in Berlin, Germany. Late in 1998, Mark joined Enrique Iglesias' band as chief synthesist/programmer/keyboardist, touring extensively for 2 years [3]"

* delete as applicable

but as has been said by Caryl, probably the only person that knows definitively is Mark
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2011, 15:43   #8
Nici

@ CarylB: Your reaction was just a little to soon. Maybe you had your opinion ready because it was Wario!!! But good that you apologized, I think that is really brave.
Old 21 Sep 2011, 15:53   #9
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nici View Post
@ CarylB: Your reaction was just a little to soon. Maybe you had your opinion ready because it was Wario!!! But good that you apologized, I think that is really brave.
Not at all. I did not have any opnion ready "because it was Warrio!!!". I don't hunt the boards waiting to pounce on Chris.; very rarely take any issue with him in fact. I simply misread the date.

I merely responded as I would have done to anyone. I always apologise if I have made a mistake; it's not brave, just the polite and reasonable thing to do surely.

Caryl
Old 21 Sep 2011, 16:29   #10
Ankie
Office manager

Back on topic, please.
Ankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2011, 16:37   #11
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Wink

Maybe if asked Mark, would answer on his FB page or twitter account. I thought that was a pretty curious group of musicians who made up The NLE on the Storytellers VH1 show/ tour.

S ... xo
Sue K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2011, 18:25   #12
Evil One
Mega Loafer

I thought Tom Brislin was very good, but I can't say the same for Damon La Scot.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2011, 19:11   #13
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

The new guys on the VBO/Storytellers tours weren't necessarily "showmen" but they were really talented, imo.
glamourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2011, 19:35   #14
Nici

@caryl: Wow, just wanted to give you à compliment GIRLFRIEND!!!
Old 21 Sep 2011, 21:20   #15
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue K View Post
Maybe if asked Mark, would answer on his FB page or twitter account. I thought that was a pretty curious group of musicians who made up The NLE on the Storytellers VH1 show/ tour.

S ... xo
I didn't mean to take away anything from anyone's talents. I guess what I mean is, I'm kind of old school so when you change up members of a band on me, it shakes me up ... lol ... Like, what happened to Pat and Steve ?? ... ... lol ... I'm used to "groups" remaining groups, I guess... ie... John, Paul, George and Barney... lol ... errr... I mean RINGO... and then there was Davy, Micky, Peter and Joe... errr... I mean Mike ! I know... y'all are now saying either "who?" or "geez, you're olllllllllllld" ... lol ...

S ... xo
Sue K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2011, 03:33   #16
suzieq
Mega Loafer

I'm just going to plain speculate.....I think Mark has a teenage boy now...and if I can approximate my math, maybe he was being close to home during that time period. Just speculating though.
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2011, 17:12   #17
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Who cares? I think we should leave old shoes where they are/want to be.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote