PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 05 Jul 2016, 10:38   #126
K1ttycat
Super Loafer

Location:  Orig. from Milwaukee, WI now in Cheadle Hulme,ENG for 21 years

Does anyone know if there is a minimum age restriction for the show? My daughter will be 13.5 years old by next Feb. I'm inclined to just book for the three of us and "risk" it. I called the Palace Theatre and they don't have any info on age or running times etc. yet.
K1ttycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2016, 10:48   #127
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ttycat View Post
Does anyone know if there is a minimum age restriction for the show? My daughter will be 13.5 years old by next Feb. I'm inclined to just book for the three of us and "risk" it. I called the Palace Theatre and they don't have any info on age or running times etc. yet.
Usually it's only 5 or 6 for most West End shows here in the UK and need their own seat obviously. 13.5 yrs I doubt would be a problem, even when considering's Steinman's often weird sexual innuendo lyrics.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2016, 10:54   #128
K1ttycat
Super Loafer

I'm hoping it wouldn't be anything too embarrassing for her or anything where we will be sitting thinking "oh no, what have we done?!" LOL We were going to get her a ticket to see American Idiot with us and didn't and it was good that we didn't as it ended up having an age 14 restriction (lots of drug use etc). That's why I'm wondering about this.
Old 05 Jul 2016, 11:33   #129
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
I'm hoping it wouldn't be anything too embarrassing for her or anything where we will be sitting thinking "oh no, what have we done?!" LOL We were going to get her a ticket to see American Idiot with us and didn't and it was good that we didn't as it ended up having an age 14 restriction (lots of drug use etc). That's why I'm wondering about this.
Without giving anything away - there may some 'adult content' in the script - I'll try and verify for you RE any age restrictions.
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2016, 11:42   #130
Danny L
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy<meat-loaf>rocky View Post
i would be willing to distribute some flyers to promote the show around the area were i live in greater manchester as a fan of anything steinman and meat loaf i really want this to be a success for jim and all involved in this exciting new musical venture :) i would do anything for love and i love bat out of hell and musical theater :)
I think it will be well publicised down the line as people have said - its way early yet despire they're selling tickets, we'll see hear and more like interviews/bus ads/posters/flyers/YouTube etc when they have a cast, which should be very soon.

And sentences
Danny L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2016, 11:49   #131
K1ttycat
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
Without giving anything away - there may some 'adult content' in the script - I'll try and verify for you RE any age restrictions.
Thanks so much! Hoping to book today - as there's some particular seats that I have my eyes on!!! :)
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 05 Jul 2016, 12:00   #132
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
I could never imagine any kind of adult content in Jim's songs. Do people think his songs are full of car sex, bursting pants, violent motorbike crash...oh hang on a minute!! I remember everything!!!!!

Seriously though, I was about 14/15 or something before I actually realised what was going on in the last two minutes of Bat and the middle section of Paradise!
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Jul 2016, 14:16   #133
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Thanks so much! Hoping to book today - as there's some particular seats that I have my eyes on!!! :)
Have PM'd you!
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2016, 14:22   #134
Danny L
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkent7 View Post
I could never imagine any kind of adult content in Jim's songs. Do people think his songs are full of car sex, bursting pants, violent motorbike crash...oh hang on a minute!! I remember everything!!!!!

Seriously though, I was about 14/15 or something before I actually realised what was going on in the last two minutes of Bat and the middle section of Paradise!
Same here! I didn't know what to make of Paradise when I first heard it!
Old 05 Jul 2016, 15:11   #135
eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
Super Loafer

i wonder what the lighting will be like in this i expect thirs lots of led moving heads involved i hope thirs not a lot of strobes cause i have epilepsy i saw american idiot on its first uk tour direct from broadway and every song had strobes all the way threw lucky i was ok but me and my mate came out with banging headaches

also i have noticed on the website for atg wth are doing the manchester bookings they are a bit optimistic being a 2 hour musical it jim stineman more like 4 hours lol
eddy<meat-loaf>rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2016, 15:29   #136
K1ttycat
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy<meat-loaf>rocky View Post
i wonder what the lighting will be like in this i expect thirs lots of led moving heads involved i hope thirs not a lot of strobes cause i have epilepsy i saw american idiot on its first uk tour direct from broadway and every song had strobes all the way threw lucky i was ok but me and my mate came out with banging headaches

also i have noticed on the website for atg wth are doing the manchester bookings they are a bit optimistic being a 2 hour musical it jim stineman more like 4 hours lol
I don't like strobes either as I can get really bad migraines as a result. Whenever there is strobes I tend to close my eyes very tightly and put my head down towards my lap!

Anyhow, booked my tickets now - very, very excited!!!! :)
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 07 Jul 2016, 04:08   #137
eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
Super Loafer

just been looking at the sales for the musical and something has got me wondering tuesday 7th march has nearly sold out only the gallery seats left and same for the tuesday 14th march seems a bit odd those date are sold out quite quickly i wouldn't have thought tuesdays would be popular nighs to sell first and its not been on sale nearly a week and all other dates have plenty availability im wondering if they are comps tickets for the gala night and for vips in the industry ? https://secure.atgtickets.com/Online...B-038A148DF966
eddy<meat-loaf>rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2016, 12:22   #138
Danny L
Super Loafer

It would make sense that two weeks in they have gala night/world premiere/press night whatever you want to call it with the red carpet.

It's weird how the first few night of a theatre show isn't officially the premiere - the first few weeks are 'previews', yes they need to fine tune and settle the cast in to their roles but I've never got that :P
Old 08 Jul 2016, 22:30   #139
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Wow...tickets arrived today. Quickest dispatch I've ever had.

It's a shame that you never get commemorative tickets in the UK these days.
Old 08 Jul 2016, 22:49   #140
Sebastian.
Biggles

Quote:

Indeed! Very jealous of the rest of the World's River Tour tickets.
Sebastian. is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 08 Jul 2016, 22:49   #141
Danny L
Super Loafer

Quote:

Mine arrived yesterday. Prized possessions. 8 FLIPPIN months to go. Even know where we're staying!!
Old 09 Jul 2016, 15:44   #142
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

I'm more curious if Meat will be in the opening night performance
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2016, 15:58   #143
Danny L
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeangel View Post
I'm more curious if Meat will be in the opening night performance
He might be on the red carpet if he feels he can't play a part? He's touring over here around January, I'd love to see him in it. Theatre requires 8 shows a week and Meat needs lots of breaks, which could be an issue - that being said it would be delightful to see him up there.

Opening night is actually not opening night, usually the gala performance with press and celebs is two weeks in.
Old 09 Jul 2016, 20:42   #144
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny L View Post
Mine arrived yesterday. Prized possessions. 8 FLIPPIN months to go. Even know where we're staying!!
But hopefully only about 6 until we hear news on a cast album/clips etc
Old 09 Jul 2016, 21:51   #145
Danny L
Super Loafer

6? You expecting something? Ah yes, during rehearsals they'll no doubt make a trailer and post videos/pix on social media.

Casting is underway judging by the poster on page 1 so there will be announcements there literally any day now - they will use the actors to promote especially if they're 'famous' (hopefully not random reality TV stunt casting *shudders* sure Jim would love that)

Plus Meat is very likely to mention the show on his promo for BTWA.
Old 09 Jul 2016, 22:04   #146
Evil One
Mega Loafer

With Meat playing here in January, some cross promotion would seem a good idea. Jim joining Meat on stage for some of his concerts perhaps?
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 09 Jul 2016, 23:51   #147
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

I doubt that there will be a cast album before the London run.
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 15 Jul 2016, 19:12   #148
Danny L
Super Loafer

Who's involved so far?

There were a bunch of actors at a workshop November 2015 but it is highly unlikely they will be in the actual show.

Written by JIM STEINMAN (who else!?)
Directed by JAY SCHRIEB
Produced by TODD RUNDGREN (also 'choirmaster', I can't wait to hear his new vocal arrangements!), ELVA CORRIE, MICHAEL COHL and DAVID SONENBERG
Website by DEWYNTERS
Promotion by AMBASSADOR THEATRE GROUP

Anyone else known? I read Kasim Sulton was onboard and Rinkoff is a cert.

Apparantly Manchester is the first in a series of international engagements including London, Broadway and Toronto.

As for a cast album, Dance didn't get one as it flopped so bad! We Will Rock You was a llivr recording but most are done In the studio. If the arrangements are all new surely they'll be one!
Old 15 Jul 2016, 20:30   #149
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny L View Post
Who's involved so far?

There were a bunch of actors at a workshop November 2015 but it is highly unlikely they will be in the actual show.

Written by JIM STEINMAN (who else!?)
Directed by JAY SCHRIEB
Produced by TODD RUNDGREN (also 'choirmaster', I can't wait to hear his new vocal arrangements!), ELVA CORRIE, MICHAEL COHL and DAVID SONENBERG
Website by DEWYNTERS
Promotion by AMBASSADOR THEATRE GROUP

Anyone else known? I read Kasim Sulton was onboard and Rinkoff is a cert.

Apparantly Manchester is the first in a series of international engagements including London, Broadway and Toronto.

As for a cast album, Dance didn't get one as it flopped so bad! We Will Rock You was a llivr recording but most are done In the studio. If the arrangements are all new surely they'll be one!
I think there must have been talk of a cast album when Meat mentioned possibly doing Body for it.

The album accompanying Whistle Down the Wind was released about 4 months after the show premiered. For Lloyd Webber's Love Never Dies, they were released simultaneously. So anything is possible....once they have the cast in place they could easily record the album to promote the show or to sell at the venue with programmes depending on whether they have a cast recording or other artists.

And i know there is always a chance of this going the same way as DOTV, but there are two big differences for me. Tanz did and is still doing very well and it was Jim's baby. This is Jim's baby - as we know he wrote the book as well as music and lyrics - which is a big difference to DOTV. The other massive difference is this is called BAT OUT OF HELL THE MUSICAL. DOTV might as well have been a brand new startup show in comparison to what the name brings to this. So hopefully it will do just fine.
Old 15 Jul 2016, 20:42   #150
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

Tanz der vampire is one of the most successful musicals of all time and has run for over 10 years in Europe. It also had an amazing run in Japan. It's got multiple cast albums from Germany, Austria, Japan etc. What the broadway producers did to the show is criminal.

They are unlikely to record a cast album for Bat out of Hell the musical before the show has been tried out.

Manchester is like what an off broadway opening would be in the US. It's like it opening in Chicago, having a try out and then going to Broadway. The musical will still be developing in Manchester. So a cast album for that run is very unlikely IMO. (I work in theatre in the UK)
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.