Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:14   #51
Paul Richardson
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I doubt Meat can disclose that. How they can all keep the losers and winners a secret for so long is quite incredible really.
Worth a try though. I'm sure if we were let into a secret we'd all keep quiet ...
Paul Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:19   #52
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Richardson View Post
Worth a try though. I'm sure if we were let into a secret we'd all keep quiet ...
Absolutely, knowing us lot around here.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:22   #53
CarylB
Mega Loafer

"What we call evil, it seems to me, is simply ignorance bumping its head in the dark."
Henry Ford
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:24   #54
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Well done.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:30   #55
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Thank you .. aspirin?

Caryl
Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:33   #56
Evil One
Mega Loafer

No, I haven't read any of your lengthy posts yet.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:43   #57
Fire Ball
Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Well, you said "it gets meat back in the media, back in the public domain, back interested". So how can he benefit from it exactly? Will people see and get interested in the artist Meat Loaf, or will he just be a contestant on a reality show and serve for short-time entertainment? Will he recommend himself for further shows of that kind by that appearance?
It's never hurt anyone who has done the show unless you come off like a Jerk. I won't.
I will not make a habit of doing anymore ! I can tell you that . It might help me get a show I want to do for History Channel . It's a documentary on music. It can open doors to different venues. I was a game show host, rocker,on Broadway, film, TV, never been a one trick pony. I like the experience of doing different things. Everyone one of those things have lead to the opening of another door. One Big door Jim, another rocky Horror and the list goes on. You just don't know. You meet different people with different backgrounds, exchange ideas, but most of all you go into something like that to open up yourself to learn new things. That is the point of life, to Learn.
Yes, most people think that a show like that will change their life. Most do come for the exposure . Looking to get a faded light to shine again. it won't do that for them. I don't need that so I didn't do it for that. I didn't come wearing that suit so it changes the game a bit. Do you understand? A singer named Trace Atkins had #1 album and a #1 single from that show. I do not think that will happen for me , I'm not that stupid. I learned things I didn't even know I knew on that show. So that was worth it. I'm on TV big deal !! I did Pop/Opera so I could get a head start on Promo for HCTB in europe. I went do a different country every week that was on the air. I always do things for a reason other than what it appears to be, again , do you understand? Method to the madness .
M
M

M
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:51   #58
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
It's never hurt anyone who has done the show unless you come off like a Jerk. I won't.
But isn't it risky that they may try to edit it out of context so you come off looking like a jerk?
Quote:
never been a one trick pony.
Just a Red one.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:56   #59
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I will not make a habit of doing anymore ! I can tell you that . It might help me get a show I want to do for History Channel . It's a documentary on music. It can open doors to different venues. I was a game show host, rocker,on Broadway, film, TV, never been a one trick pony. I like the experience of doing different things. Everyone one of those things have lead to the opening of another door. One Big door Jim, another rocky Horror and the list goes on. You just don't know. You meet different people with different backgrounds, exchange ideas, but most of all you go into something like that to open up yourself to learn new things. That is the point of life, to Learn.
Yes, most people think that a show like that will change their life. Most do come for the exposure . Looking to get a faded light to shine again. it won't do that for them. I don't need that so I didn't do it for that. I didn't come wearing that suit so it changes the game a bit. Do you understand? A singer named Trace Atkins had #1 album and a #1 single from that show. I do not think that will happen for me , I'm not that stupid. I learned things I didn't even know I knew on that show. So that was worth it. I'm on TV big deal !! I did Pop/Opera so I could get a head start on Promo for HCTB in europe. I went do a different country every week that was on the air. I always do things for a reason other than what it appears to be, again , do you understand? Method to the madness .
M
M

M
That's great Meat that you enjoyed the experience and learned new things. It's always good to experience different things.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:58   #60
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
M
M

M
validated points. Imo, the best thing you ever did outside music and crazy in Alabama was the outer limits episode. id like to see you try more TV
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 14:06   #61
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
No, I haven't read any of your lengthy posts yet.
That surprises me given your apparent familiarity with my style and phraseology

Quote:
You meet different people with different backgrounds, exchange ideas, but most of all you go into something like that to open up yourself to learn new things. That is the point of life, to Learn .... (Most) Looking to get a faded light to shine again. it won't do that for them. I don't need that so I didn't do it for that.
Your strength, and imo the reason why your light doesn't fade

I'm sure we'll see some humour .. but I'm equally sure that they won't edit out what contributes to your team's success each episode

Caryl
Old 15 Jan 2011, 14:32   #62
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Didn't do it for the recognition, the last thing I want, I like going to the store and just being a shopper. I care so much about THE PAINTED TURTLE and kids they take care of. If you were to walk on the ground of that camp, you can feel it, It's magic. You can make a lot of money on that show ! It's not going to help me and it's not going to hurt. Just more people will bug me at airports and that's bad. I have turned down so many of those shows every year for the last 10 years . I learned a lot doing it . One thing, it is not easy , I kept them all running to keep up.
M
That's excellent Meat
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 14:35   #63
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
It will be nothing more than short time entertainment. I know now why I did it,
but I can't talk. It was worth it . Trust me.
M
I'm sure it was worth it Meat ... and I'm really looking forward to seeing it
Old 15 Jan 2011, 14:39   #64
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
M
M

M
That's an excellent point .. I understand completely
Old 15 Jan 2011, 15:33   #65
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
It's never hurt anyone who has done the show unless you come off like a Jerk. [...] A singer named Trace Atkins had #1 album and a #1 single from that show.
I have only seen parts of it as I can't endure an entire show. Trace Adkins appeared like a rather quiet, likeable chap compared to some of the other participants. Maybe that's why it worked. From what I recall there were lots of annoying fights and often people's egos seemed to be more important than the tasks and the charities. That's why I don't like watching those shows. It's about conflict, competition and failure and some people behave in a way that you'll lose any respect and admiration you might have had for them.

Quote:
I did Pop/Opera so I could get a head start on Promo for HCTB in europe. I went do a different country every week that was on the air.
HCTB was never mentioned on Popstar to Operastar and you performed an old song - it was a good, funny performance though. You worked hard, traveled around the world, there were countless interviews but who got to hear the songs? Only a few people, mostly journalists and a handful of lucky fans, some of them didn't even care like that journalist who said her life was too busy to listen to albums. Did you reach the people? Those who would appreciate the album? Europe didn't get a live performance of a HCTB song when the album was released. I remember a single interview (with Ultimate Guitar, as far as I remember) in which you extensively talked about the music - that was interesting and fun to read and caught my attention more than the repetitive references to Patrick and Rob Cavallo's merits. People have to hear the music. It's more the song and / or the way it's performed that attracts people than promo talk. When it comes to promoting HCTB, I missed the singer Meat Loaf. Sorry if this appears a bit sassy but that's how I feel about it.

Last edited by Sarge; 15 Jan 2011 at 15:42. Reason: grammar
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 15:39   #66
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
It's about conflict, competition and failure and some people behave in a way that you'll lose any respect and admiration you might have had for them.
I do wonder how many of those who've gone on the regular UK Apprentice have ruined a potential business career.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 15:49   #67
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
HCTB was never mentioned on Popstar to Operastar and you performed an old song - it was a good, funny performance though. You worked hard, traveled around the world,
And by appearing on the programme Meat was based in the UK for all those weeks, presumably at the expense of the TV company. Meat said at the time it was part of a promotion package .. and to me made good business sense.

Quote:
there were countless interviews but who got to hear the songs? Only a few people, mostly journalists and a handful of lucky fans, some of them didn't even care like that journalist who said her life was too busy to listen to albums.
But she was in the minority surely. Meat's strategy of making those who were going to review the album in the media actually listened to it before doing so resulted in a pattern of generally very good and positive reviews. That's what I observed anyway. It was a different way of doing it, and imo it had a positive effect.

Caryl
Old 15 Jan 2011, 16:06   #68
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Meat's strategy of making those who were going to review the album in the media actually listened to it before doing so resulted in a pattern of generally very good and positive reviews.
Who cares about reviews? Who reads music magazines from cover to cover these days? I don't (anymore). "You can't get the sound from a story in a magazine", Billy Joel used to sing. I didn't become a Meat Loaf fan because someone wrote about how awesome he was - I had to see and hear him.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 16:21   #69
CarylB
Mega Loafer

You don't think that perhaps a groundswell of excellent reviews can help an album get the support it needs in terms of being played? Los Angeloser made the BBC playlist for 3 weeks, and that wasn't surely down to massive sales figures. I'd think that people who get newspapers and magazines would notice reviews, and whilst I'm not sying all will be persuaded and committed to buying an album with a good review, I think the converse may be the case and that reviews which are not positive and enthusiastic could tend to put off the less fervent fans.

However, this is rather off-topic, and Meat has explained why he chose to appear on Celebrity Apprentice.

Caryl
Old 15 Jan 2011, 17:15   #70
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Although some of it off topic I know, I agree with most things Sarge has posted here. I don't think it's sassy at all. I want to hear music and not read about it.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 18:06   #71
fan
Senior Loafer

I don`t understand the discussion! Meat ia an adult and he knows what he
does! He is a sensitive man and I trust his feelings! I´m proud of his decision!
And I wish him all my best!!
I´m sad that I can`t see it in Germany!
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2011, 01:19   #72
Fire Ball
Himself

Quote:
I have only seen parts of it as I can't endure an entire show. Trace Adkins appeared like a rather quiet, likeable chap compared to some of the other participants. Maybe that's why it worked. From what I recall there were lots of annoying fights and often people's egos seemed to be more important than the tasks and the charities. That's why I don't like watching those shows. It's about conflict, competition and failure and some people behave in a way that you'll lose any respect and admiration you might have had for them.

HCTB was never mentioned on Popstar to Operastar and you performed an old song - it was a good, funny performance though. You worked hard, traveled around the world, there were countless interviews but who got to hear the songs? Only a few people, mostly journalists and a handful of lucky fans, some of them didn't even care like that journalist who said her life was too busy to listen to albums. Did you reach the people? Those who would appreciate the album? Europe didn't get a live performance of a HCTB song when the album was released. I remember a single interview (with Ultimate Guitar, as far as I remember) in which you extensively talked about the music - that was interesting and fun to read and caught my attention more than the repetitive references to Patrick and Rob Cavallo's merits. People have to hear the music. It's more the song and / or the way it's performed that attracts people than promo talk. When it comes to promoting HCTB, I missed the singer Meat Loaf. Sorry if this appears a bit sassy but that's how I feel about it.
There were some shows but the Record co. would not bring over the band ,any of them, I know it seems so easy from where you are . It isn't , Went to 7 countries in Europe and a ton of press in all of those countries and mostly all positive . It is really easy to be a monday morning quaterback. On the next record sarge you pay for the band to come over and we will play. You Sit on your couch and write all you want but before you pass judgement know the facts. We wanted to play live. Never said pop/opera did anything for HCTB. only had to work 1 day a week . Would travel to Europe on Monday every week and come back thursday. Read what I said. Not gonna do this anymore. It's a stupid conversation , talking to someone who's ideas of what should have happened and what is the real world for me . Sarge Think want ever you want. I don't care. Your feet are stuck in the sand.Your head is in the clouds. I paid out of my pocket for all the shows we did in the states. Sarge we came and had a great tour I did the best I could given what I had to work with as for as promo . Looks like you think you could do better ... Then go out and do it dude. !! I'm behind you all the way !! The record co never gave me what I needed and believe me I did not just sit there and take it I fought them all the way. It all seems real easy from your computer.

Meat
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2011, 01:37   #73
fan
Senior Loafer

You reach me and thousands others in Europe! Your tour was so fantastic!!
Don`t discuss so much!! I can`t say it all in english I want in this time but
I know almost there are someone who want to say bad things but nothing are
real!
Good luck for today evening!!!
K.
Old 16 Jan 2011, 01:41   #74
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

i still think surf's up would fit the setlist beautifully btw

hint hint
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2011, 01:45   #75
fan
Senior Loafer

Please read it! See and speak with you in Manchester! You rocked thousands of people! You was great I can`t find words! And the people behind me and there were thousands ,believe me, felt the same!!