mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Closed Thread

Old 17 Sep 2006, 22:10   #76
Paul191
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Yeah I was thinking I wouldn't enjoy seeing anyone esle instead of Patti, but have to admit that I REALLY will enjoy seeing Apsen with Meat. Also to see her on stage with Paul & John visible this time lololol.

I'm afraid nobody is Patti

Here's a pic of Aspen from wwry ..

Deb

She looks fantastic...! Now I really can't wait for RAH!
Old 17 Sep 2006, 22:10   #77
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Here's a pic of Aspen from wwry ..

Nice Pic. I think she will fit in with the band.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 22:19   #78
mikeloaf
Super Loafer

She deserves alot of credit. She's let fans know there will be a 2 year arena tour from next March. Very positive start!
Old 17 Sep 2006, 22:30   #79
sunneke
Mega Loafer

she's wonderful, great voice, great looks!!!! Looking forward to hear you live Aspen!!!! Welcome!!!! I really hope to see and hear you at RAH!!!! Wow she can do the job!!
Old 17 Sep 2006, 22:53   #80
mikeloaf
Super Loafer

I can understand a few of the comments people have made about future performances of Paradise. Its a matter of social acceptance of what 'feels' right and wrong to see. The way to make it work would be to give her the domonant, I'm in control of the situation role. It maybe better as Meat nears 60 to drop the song altogether, and do something else.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 23:04   #81
Ankie
Office manager

Guess we best wait and see! It is only a month, before we will know and I do not have to be a mind reader to know it will be busy here again after that show.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 23:05   #82
SamCat
Hello Harry!!!!

What a horrible thought!! I cant imagine a concert with no Paradise THAT wouldn't be right!! My solution if it doesn't look pc is i'll take my specs off and then everything looks good!!!
Old 17 Sep 2006, 23:31   #83
Tim
The Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul191 View Post
How do you know she can't replace Patti? Wow, it's either you can see into the future or you have some exclusive infomation your not sharing with us. I'd love to see it.
Don't have any information.. but lets face it.. Patti was one hell of a singer!!! Her voice was great, she looked great, she has a ML attitude....

As for now, as far as i can hear and see this new girl, she is just missing something. I've heared the song on her page, watched some photo's... Well.. you can't compare two different people.

Let's hope it works out fine, and wait till the tour is coming.. you never know how it works out.... Then we can say more about her i think... And like earlier was written here... lets give her the credits as an artist.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 23:33   #84
Tim
The Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy! View Post
Way to be supportive, well done Tim.

I think people need to stop looking at Aspen as the "Patti replacement" and start giving her credit as a singer in her own right - give the girl a chance before she "makes you sick"
Do think you are quoting me there, refering to "making me sick"... it just has to do with the fact that Patti leaves... Just loved her.. has nothing to do with the new girl... Just the change of singers which is hard to deal with....
Old 18 Sep 2006, 00:26   #85
MissAsh
Super Loafer

That link didn't work for me (last blog entry it shows for me is from Aug 28th), but nevermind.

Welcome, Aspen.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 02:23   #86
Jeanie
Super Loafer

Ok, I have to admit that I don't like change either, so was quite upset with the news of Patti leaving the band..

That said, I checked out Aspen today when Jen posted the link to her blog and I visited her site. She reminds me of a younger version of Patti in looks, and I listened to the song on her website, and you could tell she was holding back, that there is a huge voice in there wanting out, and on stage with Meat, the 2 should sound very good, I think.

I will miss Patti, although now I look forward to seeing what Aspen & Meat can accomplish on the stage together.. :)

One era is over, but a new one begins..

J. xo
Old 18 Sep 2006, 02:37   #87
samurai7
Rock Star

It seems the blog entry has been removed, but if you look at the comments, a friend gives their congratulations on becoming the new female lead with Meat.

I am sad that Patti won't be at the RAH, but I look forward to seeing the 'new girl' and will reserve judgement until I've seen and heard her perform.

Now, I wonder if Patti fancies joining my tribute... lol!
Old 18 Sep 2006, 05:48   #88
Jeanie
Super Loafer

Meat asked me to tell you that.. quote " the woman is 28 not 16 and not my daughter!! SHE IS NOT A CHILD!! In movies this age differance happens all the time. We are performers, it is acting. If people have a problem with it, they are the one with the problem"
Meat

J.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 08:26   #89
Meataholic
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
Meat asked me to tell you that.. quote " the woman is 28 not 16 and not my daughter!! SHE IS NOT A CHILD!! In movies this age differance happens all the time. We are performers, it is acting. If people have a problem with it, they are the one with the problem"
Meat

J.
Thanks for passing on the message Jeanie.

I totally agree with what Meat says & I can't wait to see them performing together

Aspen appears to be the perfect choice - she has a wonderful voice & looks fantastically hot

Welcome Aspen.

Heather x
Old 18 Sep 2006, 08:27   #90
sunneke
Mega Loafer

I think that we all must stop thinking that she won't be as good as patti was. We don't know!!!! Maybe she's a great singer! Give her the support she needs! I know i will!!! And paradise and you took: that's an act!!! don't forget that, nobody knows how much an actor she is!!! She looks good, and i will support her! It's said that patti left but hey, it's not the end of the world! Patti will do fine, whatever she chooses to do! That she wants te move on after 13 years, well i can understand that!

Last edited by Ankie; 18 Sep 2006 at 20:37.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 08:49   #91
TravisWRedfish
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink View Post
i'll assume you're talking re: Paradise?.. and how do we even what Paradise will evolve into this time around?.. i'm a Meat fan only since Bat2.. and in that little time.. over those few years... i've seen that many different stage versions of Paradise... i look forward to hearing about the new version that will be viewed at RAH...
Have I missed something? Ever since Meat did Paradise with Carla DeVito in the 70s, it's been the same more or less...The act has always consisted of a young couple that gets married, and as time has gone by, they've soured on each other to the point where Meat wants either for her to die or he to die because they can't go on this way and his morals won't allow him to break off with her. During the Phil Rizzuto baseball dialogue Meat has ALWAYS passionately made out with his partner, feeling her up, and kissing deeply (we've even seen tongues). This has always been a big part of the act, and with Patti it came across as funny because she being almost 40 and Meat almost 60 it was believable that they were a couple. Unless Meat plans on dressing Aspen in an old lady suit, I don't see how doing this act with a 27yr old would work! Let's forget that it may look kind've sick for a 60 yr old to be making out with and feeling up a 27yr old who looks like a teen...But when exactly did Meat's character marry this girl so many yrs ago that he's sick and tired of her, when he was 33 and she was in her diapers? I'm sorry but Aspen might have a great voice and may be able to pull off songs in the studio with Meat, and maybe even singing duets with him on stage, but I seriously think there's no way the stage performances will ever equal the powerful chemistry that Meat had with Patti. Chemistry can't be created, it just happens, and Meat had it with Patti...They just clicked on all cylinders. Anyone who ever saw Meat and Patti performing on stage together already knows this. I just hope those who go to see Meat and Aspen on stage together don't find out the hard way.

Last edited by TravisWRedfish; 18 Sep 2006 at 08:55.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 09:48   #92
Meataholic
Super Loafer

I think it's important to remember that in Paradise it is the female who always wins

And don't forget about the versions we have seen where it is the female who is getting horny (like when Meat just wanted to play 'name the animal' & it was the woman who had other ideas)

I think that Paradise will work perfectly with Meat & Aspen, afterall Travis, Aspen hardly looks innocent to me

Heather
Old 18 Sep 2006, 10:06   #93
AndyK
Relentless

Excellent choice, Aspen was fantastic in WWRY.

Welcome the the NLE
Old 18 Sep 2006, 10:09   #94
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
Excellent choice, Aspen was fantastic in WWRY.

Welcome the the NLE
You saw Kacie
Old 18 Sep 2006, 10:11   #95
AndyK
Relentless

I know who I saw ... and I also know who I've heard since then
Old 18 Sep 2006, 10:14   #96
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
Meat

J.
Just in case Meat's reading this I'd like to point out that I have no issue at all with age difference and I am available...!
Old 18 Sep 2006, 10:15   #97
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
I know who I saw ... and I also know who I've heard since then
lmao!

I may just have a few little video clips from Aspen from the last night in Vegas floating around somewhere.... Have to go dig them out so you can all see she definately ROCKS!
Old 18 Sep 2006, 10:17   #98
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy! View Post
Just in case Meat's reading this I'd like to point out that I have no issue at all with age difference and I am available...!
  • lmfao! Luc I think we / I made that clear at the golf

Age is but a number

I really think and have done since I saw Aspen that she is very similar to Patti.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 10:20   #99
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

She certainly looks similar to Patti, I was shocked at the likeness when I saw her MySpace pics.

And as for the golf I have no idea what you're talking about Deb...!!!!
Old 18 Sep 2006, 11:19   #100
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

I personnaly don't think age should come into it, it is an act, actors deal with this sort of thing all them time. People who see it as funny, or perverted, need to get into the real world. On the note of Aspen, she seems like a good replacement, but she does look a bit on the small side though, from what I have seen in pics. Not that this should be any problem, if she has a great voice, just something I noticed.
Closed Thread