mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 10 Mar 2013, 04:02   #1
roomster
Super Loafer

Default Bonnie Tyler in ESC 2013

Hello,

Bonnie Tyler will represent UK in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 and the song is called Belive In Me.

What do you think of it? I really like it

The song is written by Desmond Child, Lauren Christy, and Christopher Braide.

YouTube Video

Last edited by Monstro; 10 Mar 2013 at 07:27. Reason: sorted video
roomster is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 04:54   #2
RSG
Mega Loafer

I'm liking the song it self.. don't care for the backing vocal in the chorus. It's certainly not the Bonnie Tyler I've grown to enjoy in the last fifteen years.. it could grow on me.

As far as anything Desmond Child related his best I believe is what he got with Alice Cooper the song 'Poison' and that era.. oh and a couple Meat Loaf related tracks.

Back to Bonnie though.. second listen in and I like the chorus.. it just really isn't what I ever imagine Bonnie singing. It's a grower though.
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2013, 12:52   #3
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Bonnie sounds great but I think the song is a bit dull... where's the key change? Where's the big finish?
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2013, 13:05   #4
Mr. Happy

I will never understand how it takes three people to write such a simple song. It's still a nice piece, though, and Bonnie is sounding great
Mr. Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2013, 17:18   #5
RSG
Mega Loafer

I like it.. a lot. Where's the big finish? It does sound like it could be a video edit. 'It's A Heartache' is a raw vocal.. the emotion is nerving and devastating.. As a great man recently said to me.. when you finish a song there should be a tear in your eye. He may have been when you're actually performing the song yourself. Either which way..
It's just isn't the Bonnie I've grown used too. It just doesn't sound raw to me.

What I'm saying about the song today is that it is the song is Everything 'Total Eclipse' is Not.. and that's okay. It's a grower. I mean I only heard it a couple times and seeing her face.. I'm smiling. Video didn't necessarily kill the radio star. How ever the radio edit may have butchered the recording star
Old 10 Mar 2013, 17:45   #6
Adje
trying to be realistic

It's been ages since the Eurovision Songcontest was about the best song. In the UK they are aware of the 'politics' around the contest and I believe that's why they picked Bonnie Tyler (and Engelbert Humperdinck last year). They hope the name will gain some extra votes (which backfired last year). The song is simple and quite boring to listen to.

If the UK is doing okay this year it will be because of Bonnie's stage presence. Not because of the poorish song. And unfortunately for Bonnie, the song doesn't give her much room to 'shine' on stage. The choise to let her perform this song has totally dumbstruck me. I consider it a bad use of a great artist.
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2013, 19:09   #7
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

The song sucks and has been pointed out why does it take 3 people to write this forgettable trash. Poor production. Less than 50 points for sure or they may be Bonnie Tyler sympathy votes I would guess (ie some points from Germany for example).
Album filler material and certainly not a single with a strong "Hook" which along with sex appeal (sorry Bonnie) is what you would need to do well.
The closest we got recently was with Jade Ewen. Why throw a bunch of 60+ year old has beens at the hat? What a waste of time. Embarrassing.
I'm not saying you would win by default with a Jade Ewen 2 (indeed because of politics) but you'd certainly get more points.
Why not go for some young artist who writes their own songs. This stupid give an old big name just a random song approach will fall on its ass again for sure.

Last edited by AndrewG; 10 Mar 2013 at 19:14.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Dislikes This Post.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 11 Mar 2013, 19:55   #8
Gez
Knicker thief

DONT DO IT BONNY
Gez is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 13 Mar 2013, 05:19   #9
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

This has nothing to do with the song but WHY IN THE HELL haven't Meat and Bonnie recorded a song together????? I wish they'd stop depriving us of such greatness.

PS she sounds really good but the song is a little boring.
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2013, 06:26   #10
RSG
Mega Loafer

There was 'A Kiss' from 1998.. that was kinda like a duet. Like '93 with 'Anything For Love' it was more of a big song with a Coda further into the track.

I think a live 'Braver Than We are' for this tour with Patti would kick well. Along with that, two records of 'Braver...' one w/ Bonnie would sound good, and another w/ Patti.. I'd encourage that Jimmy had a touch with its production tho.

Imagine it would be a lot of work.. but something Meat & Jim one more time.. would be great. It could be dark and dreamy! 'Objects' & 'Home By Now' are some of the best recent Meat & Jim thing I've heard.

However it goes, I'm sure what Meat does, and Jim does.. together or separate IT will be spectacular.

Back to 'Believe In Me' methinks it could still be a radio edit. Pretty good song.
Old 13 Mar 2013, 17:30   #11
ShelbyLee
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSG View Post
There was 'A Kiss' from 1998.. that was kinda like a duet.

I think a live 'Braver Than We are' for this tour with Patti would kick well. Along with that, two records of 'Braver...' one w/ Bonnie would sound good, and another w/ Patti.. I'd encourage that Jimmy had a touch with its production tho.

I'd prefer two w/ Patti. She and Meat sound so perfect together. I didn't think Bonnie's voice complimented Meat's voice on A Kiss.
ShelbyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2013, 17:31   #12
ShelbyLee
Super Loafer

This song is kind of boring, but Bonnie still looks lovely.
ShelbyLee is offline   Reply With Quote