PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 29 Apr 2018, 21:49   #1
nightinr
Super Loafer

Default Update on Meat....

Does anybody have any news on Meat and his future plans, health, well being etc....
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 30 Apr 2018, 04:20   #2
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Only a fragment in a recent interview with Sonenberg about the musical in which he said " .. Meat Loaf has had some massive back surgery and a back brace right now. I spoke to him on the phone the other day. I am hoping he will be over to see the show in October ..."

Take from that what you will ...
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 02 May 2018, 18:04   #3
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Only a fragment in a recent interview with Sonenberg about the musical in which he said " .. Meat Loaf has had some massive back surgery and a back brace right now. I spoke to him on the phone the other day. I am hoping he will be over to see the show in October ..."

Take from that what you will ...
Thank you. I'm hoping that his management or someone will provide an update soon, but I'm so thankful that hes at least doing well so far. His health and happiness are so important.
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 03 May 2018, 21:40   #4
CarylB
Mega Loafer

I've heard he's doing OK but progress is slow, as one might expect after such extensive surgery. However, I've never met anyone more determined or focused than Meat, so I see this as good news
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 03 May 2018, 23:14   #5
nightinr
Super Loafer

Thinking about Meat. Let's hope he can battle through this. 🙏
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 May 2018, 18:58   #6
CarylB
Mega Loafer

I saw a comment on Facebook that said "Rehab's a B******!"

True .. but Meat can take on "B******!" and kick its sorry ass
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 May 2018, 19:50   #7
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I saw a comment on Facebook that said "Rehab's a B******!"

True .. but Meat can take on "B******!" and kick its sorry ass
Yes if he's saying things like that, that means he's got his game face on!
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2018, 21:42   #8
nightinr
Super Loafer

All gone quiet...is there any news on Meat?
Old 21 May 2018, 23:20   #9
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
All gone quiet...is there any news on Meat?
Considering its been just over a week since you last asked, I doubt it.
It sucks, as we as fans all want to know how hes doing since he went radio silent a few weeks ago. But when there is news him or his management team want to share, we'll hear about it I'm sure.
Old 22 May 2018, 18:53   #10
stretch37
Mega Loafer

He should have time to heal without worrying about anything but that. IMO that's what he's doing. Hopefully he has a great support team who is directing him to focus on himself only...
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 22 May 2018, 22:45   #11
nightinr
Super Loafer

It would be good if Meat or somebody associated with Meat could give a statement on how he is getting on and what his plans are for the rest of the year.

2019 tour would be good!
Old 23 May 2018, 01:12   #12
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:
It would be good if Meat or somebody associated with Meat could give a statement on how he is getting on and what his plans are for the rest of the year.

2019 tour would be good!
Clearly you didn't understand the point both Stretch and myself made. *facepalm*
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 23 May 2018, 01:33   #13
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:

2019 tour would be good!
Hopefully we hear something soon. We all want Meat to get better, but we also want as fans to see him at his best, which to me is performing live with that fire in his belly for more. But knowing he reads this forum still at times, I just want to say that by no means do I think he should ever be pressured into anything again...Life's too short to be in pain like he has had to experience
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 23 May 2018, 16:24   #14
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

I'm sure a lot of the people on here are concerned about Meat, and only wish for news of his condition as we would that of a good friend - not because we feel he owes us anything. It's not pressure, just goodwill. Fingers crossed he's doing well, and will back to entertain us in some way before too long. I think there could be a new (more relaxed) phase to his career after this point - even if he isn't tearing up the stage any longer. He's an entertainer and a great storyteller, and that can take many forms. But first and foremost, I hope his recovery goes well, and that he has many happy and healthy years ahead of him.
jmfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 23 May 2018, 19:27   #15
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfreeman View Post
I think there could be a new (more relaxed) phase to his career after this point - even if he isn't tearing up the stage any longer.
And if he is on the stage, it doesn't mean he needs to be in a rock show. He could do a return to musicals on stage. It would be interesting to see him return to some of his earliest roots as a performer...
Old 23 May 2018, 20:34   #16
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
And if he is on the stage, it doesn't mean he needs to be in a rock show. He could do a return to musicals on stage. It would be interesting to see him return to some of his earliest roots as a performer...
It'll be interesting to see what comes next, once he's fit and well... I've often thought Meat could make things easier on himself by giving a more relaxed performance... but I'm not sure he's capable of it! I mean it in the nicest possible way - the man does go all-out.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 24 May 2018, 03:39   #17
greg
Super Loafer

I don't want meat. To be in any more pain. I hope meat surgery went well. And meat on the mend. X
greg is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 24 May 2018, 05:53   #18
CarylB
Mega Loafer

He's booked to do a Film and Comic Con in London at the end of July, and he's said he's booked to do a film after that in the autumn. He's said progress is slow and that he is hardly getting on his computer at all while he concentrates on rehab.

As Jim says above, he's an entertainer and a great storyteller. He's also a fine actor, and still has lots he wants to do. But right now he's putting all his energy and focus on getting his life back after major reconstruction of his spine, and the process is gradual so frequent updates are I suspect not on his agenda He knows he's in the thoughts of many, many of us .. and when he feels he's made significant progress I'm sure he'll post on his FB page .. brimming with thoughts and ideas for the future
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 24 May 2018, 22:04   #19
nightinr
Super Loafer

Quote:
He's booked to do a Film and Comic Con in London at the end of July, and he's said he's booked to do a film after that in the autumn. He's said progress is slow and that he is hardly getting on his computer at all while he concentrates on rehab.

As Jim says above, he's an entertainer and a great storyteller. He's also a fine actor, and still has lots he wants to do. But right now he's putting all his energy and focus on getting his life back after major reconstruction of his spine, and the process is gradual so frequent updates are I suspect not on his agenda He knows he's in the thoughts of many, many of us .. and when he feels he's made significant progress I'm sure he'll post on his FB page .. brimming with thoughts and ideas for the future
Thanks for the info Caryl. Perhaps you could give us all a weekly update? Even if there is no news it would be good to keep all his fans updated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25 May 2018, 00:26   #20
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Thanks for the info Caryl. Perhaps you could give us all a weekly update? Even if there is no news it would be good to keep all his fans updated.

Thanks in advance.
I definitely wouldn't expect Caryl to take that on. But I am very thankful for her giving us that update as well. Overjoyed actually. The fact that Meat has plans and is making what sounds like slow/steady progress is a positive development. Go Meat!
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 May 2018, 06:51   #21
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I know everyone is anxious to hear how he's doing, but I wouldn't bother him that often He's so focused on his rehab. But if I hear any update I'll post an update here, OK? He needs time and patience .. and from us too

Old 25 May 2018, 11:30   #22
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

Meat's unusual in that he doesn't surround himself (like many celebrities) with a lot of 'people' - his social media updates and message board appearances are from the source. And so while we're used to seeing constant updates about any other star, we must keep in mind that Meat isn't one of that breed. We'll hear from him in time. In the meanwhile, if he ever looks in here he'll know that we're still thinking of him, standing by him, and sending him all our best. And (for some of us) hopefully seeing him in London soon.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 May 2018, 11:32   #23
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

Meat's unusual in that he doesn't surround himself (like many celebrities) with a lot of 'people' - his social media updates and message board appearances are from the source. And so while we're used to seeing constant updates about any other star, we must keep in mind that Meat isn't one of that breed. And his focus is, quite naturally, elsewhere right now. We'll hear from him in time. In the meanwhile, if he ever looks in here he'll know that we're still thinking of him, standing by him, and sending him all our best. And (for some of us) hopefully seeing him in London soon.
Old 25 May 2018, 11:33   #24
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

Sorry about the double post. I tried to edit but something went wrong.
Old 03 Jun 2018, 18:14   #25
nightinr
Super Loafer

Good to see Meat posted on Facebook/Twitter the other day re Memorial Day. Hopefully it was him and not somebody else who posted it on his behalf.

I think it is important for us to be kept informed if somebody has any news - after all this is a fans forum.

Recently there has been practically no posts so it would be good if people injected some energy into the forum.