mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 23 Feb 2011, 05:45   #51
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikox1 View Post
imo i dont see Meat having too much to do with it? as he would get most of the attention and im sure that would not go down too well? it didnt in 1977
I agree.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2011, 14:19   #52
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

I'll believe it when I see it.

From what I can deduce Jim doesn't really seem to have music on his mind at the moment, going by his Facebook profile and what has been happening over the last decade. On his profile he seems to like to post some vids about his clothing ideas and random political stuff. Not saying that an artist can't do those things but keeping your main work a "secret" seems ludicrous to me in a time when probably the majority of people don't care about it except for his most dedicated fans, which figure I reckon is only in the thousands and hardly enough to consider filling a theatre night after night. Thus perhaps the secret element is only there so that no one will be expecting anything as not to disappoint anyone when things don't come of the ground, like what happened with the Batman musical.

In either case it doesn't sound like anything is at an advanced stage. At this rate I really don't think we will ever see this musical. I hope to be proven wrong but it's been what, like 5 years since we heard Jim talk about this idea. What's been done in all that time. To then present a musical with mostly old material really seems incredibly unproductive for an experienced song writer and composer.

I am not trying to debunk Jim's skills. I think he is an awesome songwriter, absolutely the best. But to have someone like Justin Hawkins contribute songs to Meat Loaf whilst we know Jim still has a few which he could sing and instead are gathering dust is a completely preposterous situation from two men who brought two of the best albums ever produced.

Last edited by AndrewG; 23 Feb 2011 at 14:30.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 02:53   #53
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

And the clock is ticking....
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 08:34   #54
Fire Ball
Himself

My guess is they are doing demos for the Musical . I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together , I have reached out several times . My reply has been to busy with the Musical.
M
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 10:21   #55
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
My guess is they are doing demos for the Musical . I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together , I have reached out several times . My reply has been to busy with the Musical.
M
Old 24 Feb 2011, 10:24   #56
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Most of the songs are either 30 or 20 years old. I bet the rest were all originally going to be for Batman or the Dream Engine, so what can possibly need to be demoed again?
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 10:25   #57
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
Most of the songs are either 30 or 20 years old. I bet the rest were all originally going to be for Batman or the Dream Engine, so what can possibly need to be demoed again?
Shhhh! It's a secret.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 10:26   #58
Evil One
Mega Loafer

This musical should have been finished long ago.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 10:58   #59
AndrewG

Quote:
This musical should have been finished long ago.
Maybe we should check with Steven Stuarts' 100 year old mother. Jim working with such a youthful producer should have inspired Jim by no means.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 11:12   #60
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Quote:
M
!!

Hopefully you can work again soon !!!
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 11:28   #61
AndrewG

Does anyone know why Jim keeps posting the "Clothes I've designed" video on his Facebook? Is he ok?
Old 24 Feb 2011, 12:11   #62
GDW
Super Loafer

Maybe Jim is related in some way to Howard Hughes.
GDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 16:21   #63
Rage Against

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Does anyone know why Jim keeps posting the "Clothes I've designed" video on his Facebook? Is he ok?
Has it been confirmed that is his actual Facebook and not a fake Jim Steinman?
Rage Against is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 16:30   #64
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Against View Post
Has it been confirmed that is his actual Facebook and not a fake Jim Steinman?
It is Jim, although why he allows nutty twats like Dicky Arse to fill it full of is beyond me.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 16:32   #65
Rage Against

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I'll believe it when I see it.

From what I can deduce Jim doesn't really seem to have music on his mind at the moment, going by his Facebook profile and what has been happening over the last decade. On his profile he seems to like to post some vids about his clothing ideas and random political stuff. Not saying that an artist can't do those things but keeping your main work a "secret" seems ludicrous to me in a time when probably the majority of people don't care about it except for his most dedicated fans, which figure I reckon is only in the thousands and hardly enough to consider filling a theatre night after night. Thus perhaps the secret element is only there so that no one will be expecting anything as not to disappoint anyone when things don't come of the ground, like what happened with the Batman musical.

In either case it doesn't sound like anything is at an advanced stage. At this rate I really don't think we will ever see this musical. I hope to be proven wrong but it's been what, like 5 years since we heard Jim talk about this idea. What's been done in all that time. To then present a musical with mostly old material really seems incredibly unproductive for an experienced song writer and composer.

I am not trying to debunk Jim's skills. I think he is an awesome songwriter, absolutely the best. But to have someone like Justin Hawkins contribute songs to Meat Loaf whilst we know Jim still has a few which he could sing and instead are gathering dust is a completely preposterous situation from two men who brought two of the best albums ever produced.
I agree keeping it a secret doesn't make a lot of sense, but then how secret is it if we're talking about it. And I think the power of the Jim Steinman name and the BOOH brand would fill the theater night after night. I would definitely put it on my "must see" list. And it is sad Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman may never work together again. These two made rock history together, twice, and it would be a shame not to have them collaborate again.
Rage Against is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 16:40   #66
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoode View Post
Out of curiosity, if there was a thread titled "Kasim VS. Meat", would the subject then be open for discussion?

D.
LOL. Good point.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 16:41   #67
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
This thread has been cleaned up after having to be locked.

Please note that this thread will be locked again permanently and infraction points issued if it goes the same way as yesterday, keep the discussion to the topic in hand which is Kasim working with Jim and what that may produce and NOT what may or may not have happened between Meat and Kasim.
I hope "Life Is A Lemon" is on the project. Some really good meaning in the lyrics on that song. Maybe it will be on Jim and Kasim's collaboration.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 19:29   #68
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
It is Jim, although why he allows nutty twats like Dicky Arse to fill it full of is beyond me.
Eh?

Sorry to hear Meat and Jim have no plans to work together again.

They don't need each other, but they've certainly done their best work together.
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 19:34   #69
Fire Ball
Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
I hope "Life Is A Lemon" is on the project. Some really good meaning in the lyrics on that song. Maybe it will be on Jim and Kasim's collaboration.
I can tell you this Kasim will not be in collaboration ,he will only be playing bass. The only 3 people to have any collaboration with Jim is myself, Roy and Todd. Everyone else works for Jim when he works.

M
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 19:42   #70
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
Sorry to hear Meat and Jim have no plans to work together again.

They don't need each other, but they've certainly done their best work together.
When the musical really hits the then Jim will no doubt go running back to Meat as he has done in the past.

Quote:
The only 3 people to have any collaboration with Jim is myself, Roy and Todd. Everyone else works for Jim when he works.
Even Rinkoff?
Old 24 Feb 2011, 19:50   #71
The Flying Mouse

Quote:
When the musical really hits the then Jim will no doubt go running back to Meat as he has done in the past.
I can't see the musical happening, because Jim takes too long to put these things together, but I don't think Jim would "run back" to Meat in a position of weakness, but however you want to look at it

Has Jim still got David Sonnoffabitchinburg draining his blood?

What was the Dicky Arse reference?
Does Jim have other people posting updates on his personal facebook page?
Old 24 Feb 2011, 19:57   #72
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Dicky Arse is more commonly known as Richard Haase and is a . Have a search on the Rockman for Haase or Dicky Arse and you'll see some gems. He's a good friend of Gibson/Jacko/Jackanapes/The_Jackster/whenitcomes2lovingU/Puddingsbestfriend/Whateverhescallinghimselftoday, so that probably tells you all you need to know. At one point he claimed (through the aforementioned Jacko) to be working on a musical with Jim, then sent a load of abusive emails to various people and now posts rubbish on Jim's Facebook.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 20:26   #73
The Flying Mouse

Sounds like a fun guy
Old 24 Feb 2011, 21:02   #74
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
I can tell you this Kasim will not be in collaboration ,he will only be playing bass. The only 3 people to have any collaboration with Jim is myself, Roy and Todd. Everyone else works for Jim when he works.

M
Roy really is an unsung hero on so much of Jim's work isn't he? His contributions often get overlooked but Mr Bittan is stellar!
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2011, 00:08   #75
Benny
Massive Loafer

Yep, Roy is amazing!! What a talent!
Benny is offline   Reply With Quote