PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » Braver Than We Are

Old 11 Sep 2016, 20:46   #1
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Default When All Is Said And Done!!!!

Braver Than We Are, as we all know was only just released last friday.
Some heard it a couple of months ago when itunes leaked it, some just the past few days, and yes some are still to hear it. I have listened just twice since friday and wont post a review as such yet, but it really hit me hard this record, i sat in a darkened room just two candles lighting and pressed play. I think i went through every emotion with this record, really and truly it was a rollercoaster ride. At times it was so far out there that i didnt know what to think,, but it is so fresh and brave i just couldn't fault it.

Anyway it appears to be the end of the journey folks, the 40 year adventure is almost finished ( just let that sink in if you will ). In 1977 a small group of dreamers set out to rule the world, a small band of losers, misfits, that just didnt fit in anywhere, well nowhere in music circles. Yes true perhaps A list personalitys on a stage or at a circus, but in the cold and cool world of music? Never!!!
The freak show was in town and all the villagers were queuing up to take a shot and take down and ridicule the entertainment. What is this they cried, hackling and intaginising the new kids in town. The response they received was the like of nothing ever seen before or ever will, a sound so left field and different that you couldnt dare like this, no you couldnt find this cool, no you couldn't possibly clench a fist and tap a foot to this. Could you? Then the attitude slowly changed and the villagers threw down the pitchforks and warmed to the visitors.
Word spread through out every town and city that there was a new force and vision in town, just imagine people began to dream, began to relise that not everything is what it seems, the people where holding out for a hero, and this time they got two. Young and passionate and full of life and energy, it was the biggest wake up call to a narrow minded world, the message was loud and clear - its ok to dream people. Its ok to be different. As there journey continued they met resistance, they climbed the highest mountains, they swam the deepest oceans, they were pulled apart, they found each other. But the story was always the same, the goal was always the same, DARE TO BE DIFFERENT People.
Minds have been lost, bonds have been broken, voices silenced, bodies decaying, dreams shattered, BUT the Passion keeps burning.

40 years later and the freak show has rolled back into town one last time, the pitchforks ready and waiting, the saboteurs finalising their plans.
The young and vibrant spirite of the past has been replaced by a old and wiser soul, battered and bruised but again the passion never waining.

So whatever you feel or whatever your thoughts are people, whatever your favourite song, your favourite note, your favourite show, your favourite lyric,
Your favourite album, your most hated song and album?????? !!!!
You have all been part of THE GREATEST JOURNEY IN ROCK HISTORY.
You have all been part of THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH.
So to the ordinary guy who did good and to the unique professor i say
THANK YOU FOR LETTING US DREAM
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2016, 20:48   #2
stretch37
Very Excited for Braver Than We Are!

Very well written Paul. Thanks for that
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 11 Sep 2016, 21:00   #3
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

I'm on a train back to Liverpool - this made me cry like a baby!
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2016, 21:03   #4
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Perfect
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2016, 21:20   #5
anotherday
Super Loafer

Annnnd I'm crying.
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2016, 22:05   #6
ricgough
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post
Annnnd I'm crying.
Same here!
ricgough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2016, 22:10   #7
nikox1
Mega Loafer

I was myself ,
Old 11 Sep 2016, 23:45   #8
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikox1 View Post
I was myself ,
I've felt a tear almost every time I've listened to Going All The Way -both when that guitar intro kicks in (it has an amazingly nostalgic sound), and then again from the last chorus when it really kicks in and I just kind of think, well this is it.

Don't think i would dare read your post again while listening to it.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 11 Sep 2016, 23:49   #9
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkent7 View Post
I've felt a tear almost every time I've listened to Going All The Way -both when that guitar intro kicks in (it has an amazingly nostalgic sound), and then again from the last chorus when it really kicks in and I just kind of think, well this is it.

Don't think i would dare read your post again while listening to it.
To be honest i was just rambling to myself, i had no idea Meat posted hes goodbyes until after i posted my ramble
Really, thats what made it so spooky, i just felt very sad with all the negativity amazon comments and some harsh posts on here. It just got me thinking - well the talk will soon end people, and you know silence is deafening.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 11 Sep 2016, 23:55   #10
stretch37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikox1 View Post
To be honest i was just rambling to myself, i had no idea Meat posted hes goodbyes until after i posted my ramble
Really, thats what made it so spooky, i just felt very sad with all the negativity amazon comments and some harsh posts on here. It just got me thinking - well the talk will soon end people, and you know silence is deafening.
OH I didn't get it before. Wow, you hadn't even seen his post yet? That is a little spooky!

That's so true. Everyone is talking right now - there's so much going on around here for the first time in ages. It won't last forever.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 00:14   #11
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Instead of reading 1 star Amazon reviews I'm going to do something awesome with my time: listen to Going All The Way is Just The Start
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 00:15   #12
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
OH I didn't get it before. Wow, you hadn't even seen his post yet? That is a little spooky!

That's so true. Everyone is talking right now - there's so much going on around here for the first time in ages. It won't last forever.
I have to say Matt, im really more pissed off now than sad. Some of the shit ive read tonight, im not perfect, far from it, im not a sound engineer etc etc,,
Im not a vocal coach etc etc,, but i am a FAN of Meat Loaf, and have i loved every song down the years? No I haven't.
A ~~~~ING DISGRACE is what sums it all up, sitting on there high horses picking apart a read the word!!! Legends work, for years they cried for JIMS return, nobody writes like Jim, nobody shites gold like Jim, etc etc,, and when he returns and he and Meat put together something special. And yes its ok not to like the record, not to love it, to have an opinion. But for wannabes to pick apart a SICK mans new joy on hes FAN community is a disgrace.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 00:32   #13
chrisb
Rookie

A ~~~~ING DISGRACE is what sums it all up, sitting on there high horses picking apart a read the word!!! Legends work, for years they cried for JIMS return, nobody writes like Jim, nobody shites gold like Jim, etc etc,, and when he returns and he and Meat put together something special. And yes its ok not to like the record, not to love it, to have an opinion. But for wannabes to pick apart a SICK mans new joy on hes FAN community is a disgrace.[/QUOTE]

Was just going to post something similar myself about an hour ago, but it was more strongly worded than your post , ive never posted on here before, i just enjoyed the banter and the similar interest that most on here have , to say im sickened by what ive read by some on here is an understatement, i could say more im just going to leave it at that
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 00:40   #14
stretch37

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
A ~~~~ING DISGRACE is what sums it all up, sitting on there high horses picking apart a read the word!!! Legends work, for years they cried for JIMS return, nobody writes like Jim, nobody shites gold like Jim, etc etc,, and when he returns and he and Meat put together something special. And yes its ok not to like the record, not to love it, to have an opinion. But for wannabes to pick apart a SICK mans new joy on hes FAN community is a disgrace.
Was just going to post something similar myself about an hour ago, but it was more strongly worded than your post , ive never posted on here before, i just enjoyed the banter and the similar interest that most on here have , to say im sickened by what ive read by some on here is an understatement, i could say more im just going to leave it at that[/QUOTE]

I could have said a lot, but honestly It's not worth arguing with those attitudes. The album will speak for itself.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 00:48   #15
ricgough
Senior Loafer

Like I said on the other thread. People on here probably weren't aware at the time of posting what we're all aware of now. Throw some potentially dodgy quality pressings into the mix and we have the chaos you see.

Last edited by ricgough; 12 Sep 2016 at 01:07.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 01:18   #16
ricgough
Senior Loafer

And in all fairness, whilst he doesn't exaclty excrete gold (he's far too meticulous for that), Jim does undoubtedly bring an extra dimension to Meat's work in terms of depth, texture and originality.

Some seem to be struggling with the fact Meat and Jim broke the mould to begin with, and have just broken it again to create this because it so fundamentally challenges preconceptions.

It's freakin' genius, but some might take time to see it, I get that.

And one thing I will say for some stalwarts of this site, they will all have desperately wanted to love it - and Wario at least has his own relationship with the big guy and is best placed to sort any lovers tiff out himself.

Really, the big picture is that this work invokes such longstanding passion in creators and punters alike which you simply don't get with anyone else.

We are all ultimately privileged that we were here at the end and that Meat still gives a shit.

Many others at this stage of their careers don't.

Last edited by ricgough; 12 Sep 2016 at 01:43.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 01:46   #17
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricgough View Post
Some seem to be struggling with the fact Meat and Jim broke the mould to begin with, and have just broken it again to create this because it so fundamentally challenges preconceptions.
I think that's the nub .. this is as far from what is today's "norm" as BOOH was in its time. To me that makes it such a triumph. I listened to it the first time without any expectations, preconceptions, comparisons. I wiped them from my mind because I sensed this would again be unique for its time, just as BOOH was in 1978. It grabbed me as instantly and entirely as BOOH did so many years ago.

This makes it such a wholly fitting close to an incredible journey, something that stands alone in its audacity to be utterly and uncompromisingly different, which is precisely where that journey started. Brave, bold, stepping through another door into something new and unimagined without their vision .. but such an exciting place to be, and one that has entered my soul.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 04:45   #18
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer

In the last 10 years we've had, just to name a few things:

The Royal Albert Hall 2006 concert
The Monster's Loose album
The amazing video for All Coming Back To Me
Blind As A Bat
In Search Of Paradise/In & Out Of Hell documentaries
Hang Cool Teddy Bear
Prize Fight Lover
Hell In A Handbasket
The Vegas show
The Last At Bat Tour
and now, Braver Than We Are.

If nothing had come before, this would be enough to make me a hardcore fan.
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.