PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » Braver Than We Are

Old 09 Sep 2016, 18:48   #1
Anubis
Loafer

Default First Impressions

I've listoned to BTWA two or three time since it arrived this morning, and I have to confess in a little disapointed, I understand that Meat and Jim are get on and there health is no as it was, having said that im not impressed by a some of the songs, aside from Going All The Way, Speaking In Tongues and Souvenires, the rest of the tracks feel disjointed and a little rushed to me, Who needs the young in my veiw does not feel right as the albums opening track, this is the main track I personly feel is disjointed and does not get the album busting into life like Anything for love or Peace on Earth (I know it's not a Steinman song, but still it was a good opening), I feel that Going All The Way would have been a better opening. I know this is a first impression and after a few more listionings my veiw may change but Im currently a bit disapointed in it at the moment.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Dislikes This Post.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 11 Sep 2016, 03:31   #2
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I've listoned to BTWA two or three time since it arrived this morning, and I have to confess in a little disapointed, I understand that Meat and Jim are get on and there health is no as it was, having said that im not impressed by a some of the songs, aside from Going All The Way, Speaking In Tongues and Souvenires, the rest of the tracks feel disjointed and a little rushed to me, Who needs the young in my veiw does not feel right as the albums opening track, this is the main track I personly feel is disjointed and does not get the album busting into life like Anything for love or Peace on Earth (I know it's not a Steinman song, but still it was a good opening), I feel that Going All The Way would have been a better opening. I know this is a first impression and after a few more listionings my veiw may change but Im currently a bit disapointed in it at the moment.
Anyone who dislikes someone's honest heart felt opinions needs to look at them selves and find out why.

This was a very well thought out paragraph.

Who needs the young is POLARIZING. Meat even said it would be. You, like me, are polarized to the negative side of the field.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 11 Sep 2016, 06:52   #3
Anubis
Loafer

Im not knocking anyone who likes the album, I can see That Meat has put a lot of himself and a lot of effert into this project, and i will defend that and his honisty that i can here thoughout the album, his performance is as always amazing, and if you like it fantastic, Im just looking at the album objectively, as I suggested in my last post I feel the order that some of songs for me at least are disjointed and as a whole at times I do not think it flows smothly bewteen the songs which is a editing and mixing job which meat probly had a say in but was produced by others. In My personal opanion its not as good as some of his prevous albums, thats the great thing about message bourds, everyones opanian is a valid one its a personal thing. I give Meat all respect for trying different things at this point in his life when other artests are just putting out the same stuff over and over again. I know fans who did not like Hang Cool and we're very vocal about it, I personly think Hang Cool is a masterpeice.

Last edited by Anubis; 11 Sep 2016 at 07:05.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2016, 07:33   #4
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Im not knocking anyone who likes the album, I can see That Meat has put a lot of himself and a lot of effert into this project, and i will defend that and his honisty that i can here thoughout the album, his performance is as always amazing, and if you like it fantastic, Im just looking at the album objectively, as I suggested in my last post I feel the order that some of songs for me at least are disjointed and as a whole at times I do not think it flows smothly bewteen the songs which is a editing and mixing job which meat probly had a say in but was produced by others. In My personal opanion its not as good as some of his prevous albums, thats the great thing about message bourds, everyones opanian is a valid one its a personal thing. I give Meat all respect for trying different things at this point in his life when other artests are just putting out the same stuff over and over again. I know fans who did not like Hang Cool and we're very vocal about it, I personly think Hang Cool is a masterpeice.
HANG COOL is a MASTERPIECE.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 11 Sep 2016, 11:59   #5
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
HANG COOL is a MASTERPIECE.
I disagree although I think Peace on Earth is a far far far better opener than Who Needs the young. And that's saying something since I'd rate HCTB at the bottom of my favourite Meat Loaf albums.

The word you used on who needs the young: polarising, is exactly the word I used yesterday. To me it's too much starting the album with that. I know the album is for the real fans but I think he lost a lot of appreciation from newcomers with who needs. GATW is sooooo good in my opinion. To not start the album with it is borderline criminal.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2016, 13:00   #6
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Hang Cool was ok for me. The guitars were too wild and the lyrics and songs just had none of the building moments of Meat's best. Just something missing for me even compared to albums like bad attitude and welcome. I missed the cohesion of each song as well as a whole. It's like the guitar coming out into the second verse of frying pan. Or the sax that was added to live rock and roll dreams recently. They have a solo that has melody and focus and then you know when they are about to break back into vocal because there is crossover and a connection. I didn't feel the connections in HCTB or HIAH.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.