Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » mlukfc.com » Feedback Central

Old 28 Jun 2017, 13:12   #1
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Default Make the bat Musical its own subforum or put all discussion in one thread

Its really clogging up things.

Especially the fact this place has now turned into StubHub.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2017, 13:23   #2
nightinr
Super Loafer

Completely agree Wario....the StubHub/tout threads were ridiculous and should be deleted.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2017, 13:41   #3
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post

Especially the fact this place has now turned into StubHub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Completely agree Wario....the StubHub/tout threads were ridiculous and should be deleted.
As far as I can see there is the one thread showing in General Messages that discusses the musical, seeing as this musical is something Meat has promoted the thread is in the right place.

As for stubhub, I can't see any tickets being sold above face value (something this forum doesn't allow). With regards to touting all threads should be in the marketplace, if they're posted into the wrong place and I see them I move them (just as this thread was moved to feedback central), this forum has always been a place for people to sell unwanted tickets and I can't see that changing.
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 16:27   #4
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Shame the musical thread has been headlining MLUKFC in General Messages longer than Braver/anything direct related to Meat Loaf did recently.

"New generation" my ass.
I see the Bat musical just like I see the Abba musical or We will rock you are/were totally different entities than the original (& much better) artists. I'm pretty sure when you talk about Bat out of hell in 10 years people will remember Meat again and not the musical so much. It almost seems to me they want too much success with the musical too fast, rather than let it be a slow burner that can grow into something long lasting.

Also I've never understood the Steinman only fans whining about the recognition so much. I've never seen a song writer who is not the original artist been more well known than Steinman / get as much mentions.
Steinman: 417K Google results
Bill Bottrell: 147K
Rod Temperton: 241K
How many people have heard of Rod Temperton or Bill Bottrell. Will they eventually get recognition too? "Rod Temperton & Bill Bottrell's Michael Jackson musical"?

</rant over>

Last edited by AndrewG; 28 Jun 2017 at 16:39.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 17:06   #5
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
No it's not. One thread in GM, and one other back in May about a pre-show meet-up, something that has often happened before tour shows. An absence of other topics does not mean the one there is to talk about, because it's something that is happening and something people want to and can discuss, is not "clogging up".

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Shame the musical thread has been headlining MLUKFC in General Messages longer than Braver/anything direct related to Meat Loaf did recently.
But for a number of reasons the musical has been the only thing about which Meat HAS done anything recently save for the Fan conventions, and it's clear that many fans here want to talk about it, so of course it will "headline". It IS Meat related in that he has a small share in it as producer, he did all the promo .. and I think he'd be the last one to suggest it's not a suitable topic for people to discuss here in GM.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 17:11   #6
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
As for stubhub ... if they're posted into the wrong place and I see them I move them
And can I thank you for leaving my additional post in GM about some free tickets going (which I wanted to have the largest possible audience and was rather immediate) And as that week has passed could I ask you to delete it now? Cheers
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.