Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 17 Jan 2010, 08:58   #76
mib
Medium/Paranormal Investigator

I enjoyed the show,I thought Darius and Jimmy Osmond were excellent. Meat's brought a lot of life to the show,He came across as being serious but quite funny at the same time.
mib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 11:23   #77
carole
Mega Loafer

Thanks Vicki, what a pity Meat wasn't on before that other guy. I liked how he sang his answer.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 11:44   #78
djfierce
Mega Loafer

Well i uploaded it for my friends in the states so might as well put it here for you non uk guys

http://rapidshare.com/files/33629640...era_part_1.wmv

http://rapidshare.com/files/33631366...era_part_2.wmv
djfierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 12:18   #79
Sarahdk23
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfierce View Post
Well i uploaded it for my friends in the states so might as well put it here for you non uk guys

I keep getting the message that the server is too busy...I also tried yesterday without any luck!
Sarahdk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 12:33   #80
djfierce
Mega Loafer

downloads are happening, but if you are trying as a free user, you get bumped to the back of the queue. I only know of account holders who have been able to get it so far, i have promised the episodes every week to my friends so they opened the account, i'll post it here each week too.

I can only suggest you keep trying, loose women has had 25 downloads, and this has had 8 since this morning so keep trying at random times hun.If i get time, i'll put the loose women thing on yt tonight but the these ones are far too big i'm afraid.
djfierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 13:10   #81
Sarahdk23
Super Loafer

Quote:
downloads are happening, but if you are trying as a free user, you get bumped to the back of the queue. I only know of account holders who have been able to get it so far, i have promised the episodes every week to my friends so they opened the account, i'll post it here each week too.

I can only suggest you keep trying, loose women has had 25 downloads, and this has had 8 since this morning so keep trying at random times hun.If i get time, i'll put the loose women thing on yt tonight but the these ones are far too big i'm afraid.
Okay, thank you I will keep trying!
Sarahdk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 14:14   #82
roomster
Super Loafer

Thanks djfierce
roomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 14:42   #83
dukesofhazard
Super Loafer

Don't think Titchmarsh did himself any favours by asking Meat to be brief with his comments - that's just asking for trouble!!

When Meat was announced as a judge on this I didn't think there was any chance that he'd perform a song from the new album (Cos he's a judge and they don't usually perform on such shows). However next week Katherine Jenkins is performing and also Meat has said that the 1st single from new album comes out in about 5 weeks, so there probably is a fair chance that he will get a chance to perform on it after all. Hope so anyway!

Also, in one of the interviews about the show he mentioned negotiations that went on with ITV and his management for doing this - wonder if there's any chance that there would be a TV special 'An audience with...' as part of the negotiations? There's been one for Lionel Richie, Tom Jones, Rod Stewart etc & I think Meat would be perfect for this kind of thing - be like storytellers again.
dukesofhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 14:54   #84
CarylB
Mega Loafer

I've always thought Meat would be perfect for An Audience With .. what a treat that would be :) I saw him in Storytellers, and it played to all his considerable strengths; probably the show I've enjoyed the most. He's done some stellar concerts, but that combination of stand-up improv and singing was just marvellous :)

Katherine seemed keen on doing a duet with him. Whether there's a song from the album that would provide a fit with the concept of the show I don't know .. but it would be great to see a performance from him either way. And if we don't .. I shall still relish his comments as a judge ... provided they stop trying to rush him through. The downside of AT trying to cut him short is that it forces Meat into brief and dramatic soundbites .. though even then, given you have a few brain cells operating, his colourful phrases convey exactly what he's trying to get across :) .. and to me underline what he's trying to show .. it's all about the drama and the passion!

Caryl

Last edited by CarylB; 17 Jan 2010 at 15:01.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 15:15   #85
AndyK
Relentless

Sadly the show is live so they have to run to a schedule, they can't let anyone ramble knowing that they can edit it down afterwards to fit. As the number of stars reduces each week we can only hope that it gives the judges (and hence Meat) more time to speak without being rushed by the gardener.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 15:23   #86
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesofhazard View Post
Don't think Titchmarsh did himself any favours by asking Meat to be brief with his comments - that's just asking for trouble!!

When Meat was announced as a judge on this I didn't think there was any chance that he'd perform a song from the new album (Cos he's a judge and they don't usually perform on such shows). However next week Katherine Jenkins is performing and also Meat has said that the 1st single from new album comes out in about 5 weeks, so there probably is a fair chance that he will get a chance to perform on it after all. Hope so anyway!

Also, in one of the interviews about the show he mentioned negotiations that went on with ITV and his management for doing this - wonder if there's any chance that there would be a TV special 'An audience with...' as part of the negotiations? There's been one for Lionel Richie, Tom Jones, Rod Stewart etc & I think Meat would be perfect for this kind of thing - be like storytellers again.
i am sure hes gonna perform the new single [ hopefully ]
its a great first chance of promo for it! but thats another good point ya made - an audience with meat? now that would be great, and a huge chance for promo!!
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 16:21   #87
daveake
200% is the new 110%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
Sadly the show is live so they have to run to a schedule, they can't let anyone ramble knowing that they can edit it down afterwards to fit. As the number of stars reduces each week we can only hope that it gives the judges (and hence Meat) more time to speak without being rushed by the gardener.
Yes, he did seem a bit perturbed by the fact that the show couldn't be pruned after the event.
daveake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 16:54   #88
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

I don't like reality shows .... so I admit I only wanted to see this show because Meat's one of the judges
But when I watched the clips (thanks again djfierce), I was pleasantly surprised ..... I really enjoyed all of the performances, and the interaction with the entire panel.
Even the background stories, watching the stars prepare for the big night, were fun to watch.

However, as others have already said, I thought both of the hosts left a lot to be desired
They both seemed nervous and out of place ... hopefully that will change, and Meat will be given more of a chance to speak, as the show moves forward.

It'll be interesting to see if Meat sings on the show ... but it's still a great opportunity for him, and great publicity with the new CD coming out.

Last edited by Vickip; 17 Jan 2010 at 17:19.
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 17:23   #89
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I would love to see Meat do something like Storytellers again
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 18:10   #90
RSG
Mega Loafer

Meat Loaf - Storytellers 2
featuring Modern Girl, Couldn't Have Said it Better & songs from his brand new album!
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 22:38   #91
Megan
Super Loafer

Meat Loaf - Storytellers 2 -
I would enjoy any songs he wanted to feature... he could play all night :)
Megan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2010, 22:40   #92
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan View Post
Meat Loaf - Storytellers 2 -
I would enjoy any songs he wanted to feature... he could play all night :)
welcome to the land of the loaf
Old 17 Jan 2010, 22:52   #93
dukesofhazard
Super Loafer

In the rest of the episodes they should ditch Titchmarsh & Mylene as presenters & upgrade Meat from judge to sole presenter. The show would be a million times better!!
dukesofhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2010, 01:14   #94
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer

Quote:
In the rest of the episodes they should ditch Titchmarsh & Mylene as presenters & upgrade Meat from judge to sole presenter. The show would be a million times better!!
Better than Alan Titchmarsh!? How dare you even say such a thing?
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2010, 01:19   #95
daveake
200% is the new 110%

Quote:
The Sunday Mirror has a different opinion ...
daveake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2010, 01:50   #96
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Well the Mirror group made their mind up before the show aired didn't they? Not much different to the way they report on concerts really .. Shame to spoil a good story with veracity. They don't get the point .. they don't want to get the point ..

Another parrot cage liner ...

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2010, 02:13   #97
Dave
Mega Loafer

Default BRAVO!

Here are my thoughts on the first episode of From Popstar to Operastar:

This show really impresses me. Yes, it is very much in the vein of “reality talent show” genre; however, it is impressive to see how the show does fit together. I agree with the comments that have been made about the awkwardness of having two separate hosts or presenters. I believe the show would have best been served with one host – not two. I believe that the female presenter would do a better job on her own. I think the male presenter is not quite sure what is going on. I would also venture to say that the producers of the show very much wanted to have a “high brow” feeling for the show. I think the set, the sound production, and camera work is very good for this genre of television. All that said, I think the set up of the show is contrived due to having four different levels of “cast” of the show – contestants, presenters, mentors, and judges. They would really would have been served better by simplifying the format of the show.

That brings us to the reason we are all watching this show....Mr. Meat Loaf.....he really is like a Bull In A China Shop as a “judge” on this show. I love it and can realize what the producers of the show were going for by having him serve as a judge on the show. Let me say that it is rare to never that I actually sit down to watch television, as I believe it is all stupid brain rot and I would actually rather be out living my life than watching the lives of made up characters read from a script by overpaid schleppers on the television screen. However, as an occasional viewer of American Idol and an avid Big Brother US fan – adding Meat Loaf to this show made the format of this show absolutely fabulous in every way. Every one of these shows has to have a societal norm to establish the mores of the show, but knows the survival in the ratings thrives on the back of the one Bat Out Of Hell that says Welcome To The Neighborhood … Hi honey, I am home! Meat Loaf plays the court jester with all of the grace and dignity the role deserves. His performance as a judge on a singing competition is minimal, at best, but this genre offers nothing more than this for a person in his role. He is the judge – the focus should and is well offered, on the contestants, it is what it is. Again, Meat Loaf could better serve the show with a proper presenter who knows how to cull the best out of the panel rather than watch the clock – a decent host can do both with grace and ease...these two are failing at this task.

Really good move for Meat Loaf to do this show.

Bravo!

Oh yeah...and rock on Marcella Detroit...I have loved that girl since Shakespeare's Sister days....brilliant voice and presence. She is a true diva – rock it girl!!!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2010, 02:28   #98
Dave
Mega Loafer

I am not even going to bother myself to even learn the male host's name because at the end of the day, he does not really matter. The "mentors" were giving excellent advice all along, and out of nowhere, Meat Loaf prepares to give Danny McFly some of the greatest advice I have heard all night..when what happens...the doofus male host tells Meat to make it brief. There was a golden television moment lost due to the host's inability to properlly manage the fine balance between wrangling time contraints and bringing out the best in the panel.

What really impressed me was that Danny actually listened to what Meat Loaf had to say, reacted to it, but I could tell he also absorbed what his elder statesmen in rock and roll had told him and will attempt to take Meat's comments to the bank for next time!

I am really enjoying watching this show and am thankful for being given the chance. Thank you for the uploads...thank you ten thousand times for the uploads. The discovery of this show due to Meat Loaf's involvement is very much as impressive to me as the discovery of Tom Brislin's band, Spiraling - which I still follow.

Bravo!
(I still think Marcella Detroit is my fave)
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2010, 03:03   #99
Megan
Super Loafer

Thanks nikox1 :)
Megan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2010, 14:00   #100
nikox1
Mega Loafer

the show was viewed by 4.28m at its peak, but never fell below 3.96m
the average was 4.18m, not a bad start really! will climb each week i reckon?
celebrity big bro will be ending soon, so it will be the only show of its type left on friday nights and then you got susan boyle appearing on it soon! so i reckon it will hit 5.5m+, very good for friday nights! anyway its all good promo for meat, hes making the papers every second day! and there is no such thing as bad publicity