PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 15 Apr 2011, 20:01   #1
Steingirl
Super Loafer

Default Katherine McPhee's remarks about Meat

I think the comments Katherine McPhee made are really disrespectful, but she made them, so everyone should hear them. This is the reason I never enjoy guest performers. They are just briefly passing through and they don't get Meat at all. I have great respect for Patti and the NLE who commit 100% and who are invested in it for the long haul. Meat is a legend and he deserves respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QJjA...eature=related
Steingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 20:08   #2
A Slice Of English

I don't think it was disrespectful. She obviously hadn't got a clue who he was before she met him and was surprised firstly by how nice a guy he was to begin with, but then how intense he is when he's in character. Her comments about him being a little off pitch in the beginning? Well to be fair he was, but its like Meat said, how is he supposed to sing that song properly when she wasn't AT ALL into it? No one here blames him at all, the girl was useless. anyone heard from her since? I sure haven't. Now Meat on the other hand? Oh yeah, that's right, he's still a household name.
A Slice Of English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 20:13   #3
Evil One
Mega Loafer

I like agree with like pretty much everything Mr Slice has like just typed. The performance was like a mess, we all like know it was a mess and McPhee like wasn't really like saying anything like disrespectful.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 20:14   #4
Steingirl
Super Loafer

I thought it was incredibly disrespectful. She's mocking him and the reporters are laughing out of it. Meat deserves nothing but respect.
Steingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 20:15   #5
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Have you like seen the like performance being like discussed?
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 20:17   #6
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

from what I remember of it, it wasn't that great...and Slice said it best, where exactly is Ms McPhee now...McPhee...hmm,wait didn't she make those two movies (oh no that was Emma Thompson)
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 20:35   #7
stretch37
Mega Loafer

dude, that was sooo yesterday. I dont care, im not watching it She can bash Meat about something that happened like 5 years ago all she wants, its not going to effect his career AT ALL.
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 20:39   #8
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

She didn't know what he looks like, whereas i'm sure Meat knew what the fu*k she looked like, her being so damn famous and successful.

That frumpy older man has sold a shit load of records, and still has a fan base that stretches across the world and includes all ages from kids to pentioners.

Perhaps he was nervous because he was singing with a rank amateur, who doesn't know the difference between singing a song and performing one.
She couldn't handle the fact that Meat got into the song rather than stood there just singing the words.

She should get some respect, and stop saying "like"!
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 20:43   #9
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post

like, totally
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 20:45   #10
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

We really need a "like" button lol
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 20:49   #11
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup View Post
like, totally
Old 15 Apr 2011, 21:20   #12
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
That frumpy older man has sold a shit load of records, and still has a fan base that stretches across the world and includes all ages from kids to pentioners.
She couldn't handle the fact that Meat got into the song rather than stood there just singing the words.
Agreed. And didn't Meat say he was getting no sound through his cans for the first few bars? Plus he can communicate without peppering "like" into every sentance like a bloody machine gun .. try just using pauses with lips closed McPhee; it works a treat.

As Matt says, it's history, and I won't bother to watch it either. I've got the gist from what you've posted ..

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 21:21   #13
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
We can't find one we like enough
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 22:04   #14
Smithie
Super Loafer

Quote:
She didn't know what he looks like, whereas i'm sure Meat knew what the fu*k she looked like, her being so damn famous and successful.

Perhaps he was nervous because he was singing with a rank amateur, who doesn't know the difference between singing a song and performing one.

Right on!
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 23:29   #15
suzieq
Mega Loafer

This You Tube from 2006 is not even relevant today. Yesterday's news sorry, looking ahead to Sunday's apprentice. :)

Suzieq
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2011, 23:46   #16
carole
Mega Loafer

Yeah, I know, not even going to bother watching it again, I watched it back whenever it happened. Don't know why it's being brought up again after all these years, it was discussed to death back when it happened. Meat has said he doesn't like doing live TV. And like others have said, who's she and what has she done since then? Nothing. Meat is a household name and still sells albums and concerts worldwide. Yeah he doesn't sell as much as some of his previous albums, but that's because of modern technology, and not a reflection of them. Like Suzie I'm looking forward to the next Apprentice episode and the new album and tour later this year!!!!

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 00:33   #17
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Watched this way back when also, got angry and upset for the lack of respect and the pure gaul of her. I definatly DO NOT need to see it again thank you and why this is brought up now when Meat's not that keen on that performance or that experience is beyond me !!
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 00:44   #18
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Yeah true, but in Steingirl's defense, we can all take a second now to compare then to now....I think the appropriate description how how well Meat has done is none other than... f**king amazing
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:54   #19
greg
Super Loafer

who the hell is she here today gone 2moro
greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 02:53   #20
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Katnip McPhetalbrain....... Thats what I called her when it first happened, I was angry at her & her disrespect, I know I will get angry if I watch that again! lol

So, Like, I'm not gonna.
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 09:30   #21
R.
You dig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro
Soon.
R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 15:03   #22
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steingirl View Post
I think the comments Katherine McPhee made are really disrespectful, but she made them, so everyone should hear them. This is the reason I never enjoy guest performers. They are just briefly passing through and they don't get Meat at all. I have great respect for Patti and the NLE who commit 100% and who are invested in it for the long haul. Meat is a legend and he deserves respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QJjA...eature=related
I'm quite sure there is an unwritten code whereby amatuers should never disrespect those that came before and made their name through sheer hard work, not some talent show.
As has been said though, where is she now? Making Christmas albums.
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2011, 23:54   #23
nikox1
Mega Loafer

she released a debut album that sold 43 million copies ww,, oooops no my mistake!! that was Meat,, enough said
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2011, 00:01   #24
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

shes an airhead. a stupid little prick of a singer. ignorant as hell and has to sing Santa Clause songs to make it into the charts.

She had to google him? Its obvious why she doesn't have charisma on stage:

Meat is the definition of charisma, and she had to google his name ten minutes before sound check.

yeesh
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2011, 00:07   #25
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarioLoaf View Post
shes an airhead. a stupid little prick of a singer. ignorant as hell and has to sing Santa Clause songs to make it into the charts.

She had to google him? Its obvious why she doesn't have charisma on stage:

Meat is the definition of charisma, and she had to google his name ten minutes before sound check.

yeesh
jingle bells jingle all the way!!!!
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote