Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Closed Thread

Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:29   #101
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Melon......if you fly British airways. That's exactly who you will be flying with. BA.....Bloody awful. :)
That bad huh? I don't care lol, Ima be there!
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:29   #102
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena J View Post
Staying out of the main part of this thread because I do not discuss politics ---not even with family. but I had to comment here...

That rehearsal idea would be awesome except I would have to work off the debt as part of the road crew (if Im lucky!) just to make it from southeast Arkansas to there & back home again (I assume you meant the UK).

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
I second that
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:30   #103
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

This is insane. Dress rehearsal in april? for the 97% who "hate you"?

You have that backwards. 97% love you, 2.5% cant get past you arent ever gonna be like you were in 1987, and .05% are trolls.

Its politics not personal. I for one dont care. wouldve liked to hear how rescheduling beacon theater is going then this stuff. cant we all just be happy?

The current DVD, though it had some video compression issues and no mercury blues or all of me was still a masterpiece! lets not debate and go at eachother and be a happy fan club with ponies and roses.

2 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:31   #104
Sebastian.
Biggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post

You have that backwards. 97% love you, 2.5% cant get past you arent ever gonna be like you were in 1987, and .05% are trolls.

Its politics not personal. I for one dont care. wouldve liked to hear how rescheduling beacon theater is going then this stuff. cant we all just be happy?

This.

Also if this dress rehearsal does go ahead... I do hope we can have a fan club go at Bat Out of Hell on the stage!

Edit: Thanks Caryl! 2014 seems to be getting closer everyday so need to start looking at these things.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:32   #105
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post

Read the thread Wario, he knows that
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:33   #106
anotherday
Super Loafer

I will share my POST when home.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:36   #107
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
I deleted as many Romney as I did Obama, if fact the only one left up and is still up is an Obama ad. Now you know why I get upset , what you stated is not the truth !! I dealt with it in a very adult manner.
Yes, you did

Quote:
The arenas will not be empty. This next show will be one of the most special we have ever done.
That they won't .. Can't think why anyone would wish that .. but they'd be tilting at windmills. The arenas will be packed and the show will be spectacular

Caryl
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:37   #108
JennaG
Mega Loafer

Quote:
When it ends the real fans will still be here and I will do something special for them . Was thinking when I came on that was going to invite all here to a dress Rehearsal in April. I would say 97% will be invited.
Meat
I think I'd just about die and go to heaven if that were to happen and I were lucky enough to be invited.
7 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:37   #109
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
he knows that
No, he doesn't - or he's playing a strange little game with us. Otherwise he wouldn't admit to intentionally start fights in order to "find enemies". Very strange way to interact with one's customers. It doesn't surprise me that long-time fans said goodbye.
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:45   #110
Sebastian.
Biggles

I'd hate to miss out on the rehearsal. If you go ahead with it are you going to make it an "open" invitation, Meat. Or will you select people. I only ask as it would just be a dream, I just hope I'm in the 97% that wiill get invited.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:45   #111
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblueeyes View Post
Can't argue with this. People seem to think they have a right to tell Meat what he should and shouldn't say or do. I'd be pissed off by this - when you go to a fan site, you don't expect to see the criticism that is evident here. Meat's 97% figure might be a bit off but I'd say there are a far greater proportion of people who are quick to criticise here than you'd see on many fan sites.

I stand by the rule, if you wouldn't say something to someone over a pint in a pub, why would you post it on their fan site?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Good points. I think had Meat gone for Obama this would not be such an issue. Whereas to me had he done so, I would not be on here griping about it. I still buy Springsteen albums FFS. The fact is that all this Romney is going to send the US back to the 1950's is such BS. The American media cheerleads for him to such a shameless level and some people buy the hype and think Romney will starve Granny to death. Obama is a recent convert to gay marriage most for political reasons, actually he got there way after Meat did. Women's rights, code for abortion mainly, were mainly solidified in the 70's by roe v. wade. What exactly has Obama done for women's rights? He is far from being the champion of these causes. The emperor hides behind a facade of hype. People IMO need to get away from the mainstream media and think for themselves. If you say Romney will take anything from granny, women, or gays look into it and see if there is proof or did you hear it on TV. As for Meat look up Obama's sudden conversion to gay marriage support before the election then look at Meat's record and who was there first publicly?
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:47   #112
Fire Ball
Himself

Sarge, I learned in the last few days some people who say they are fans are not. They are tourist I have a question for you, are you a writer?
M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
No, he doesn't - or he's playing a strange little game with us. Otherwise he wouldn't admit to intentionally start fights in order to "find enemies". Very strange way to interact with one's customers. It doesn't surprise me that long-time fans said goodbye.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:49   #113
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
I agree most don't deserve it , but I had to start the fight to find the real enemies. When it ends the real fans will still be here and I will do something special for them . Was thinking when I came on that was going to invite all here to a dress Rehearsal in April. I would say 97% will be invited.
Meat
What about those that aren't still here? There's two I know of both of whom never posted on your facebook wall or the voice thread yet both were dismissed as insignificant by you and now treated as an enemy because they took objection to being insulted. I've known them both for years and know neither of them deserved the treatment you gave them.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:51   #114
robgomm
Mega Loafer

Is there any actual evidence that Mitt Romney is anti-gay, anti womans choice etc? I have very little knowledge of this but from what I can tell all Republicans are tarred with this same brush which is unfair? It's stereotyping right?
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:58   #115
jessrover
Rookie

I must admit I have not fully understood the entire gist of this thread, but I can't wait for the UK tour and new album, I'm saving hard to get to as many venues as I can and a dress rehearsal sounds fantastic. Good luck with the knee ops Meat, see you next year. I have found all your tours brilliant and am amazed at the strength of your voice each and every year. keep on rocking
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 23:59   #116
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgomm View Post
Is there any actual evidence that Mitt Romney is anti-gay, anti womans choice etc? I have very little knowledge of this but from what I can tell all Republicans are tarred with this same brush which is unfair? It's stereotyping right?
YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Last edited by AndrewG; 05 Nov 2012 at 00:05.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Nov 2012, 00:02   #117
LuuuuvMeat
Meat Loaf fan 4 life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Thank you.
Old 05 Nov 2012, 00:03   #118
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I have a question for you, are you a writer?
No, I'm not. Why do you ask?

I have a question for you, too. What is your definition of "fan"? Is it something that can be measured? And why are you that eager to detect "enemies" on fan (!) forums and statements that you don't like while usually ignoring the positive stuff? What's the use of dividing your fanbase into "good" and "bad" fans? Do you like disharmony? Do you enjoy driving a wedge between people? How do you feel when people who have been faithful fans (no "tourists") for years are that hurt and put off by your comments that they decide to no longer spend their time, money and admiration on you and leave?

Last edited by Sarge; 05 Nov 2012 at 00:10. Reason: grammar
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Nov 2012, 00:15   #119
robgomm
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Thanks for posting the video. Just to clarify is he talking just about marriages in church or marriages elsewhere? I'd also be interested if he is against civil partnerships and so on. Maybe he's against gay marriage in church but not elsewhere, maybe he's against gay marriage full stop but not civil partnerships. I don't think it's fair to maybe label him completely anti-gay unless we know the full facts. It might be that he has no problem with gay people at all, but he just believes that marriage should be specific in that way.
Old 05 Nov 2012, 00:19   #120
JaysScout
Senior Loafer

Quote:
BINGO !!
BINGO !!

Quote:
"So really they should have done the math before passing it then. No good bringing in a new system if you don't have the staff to support it. Sounds like you guys need major investment in training new Doctors, Nurses etc. They should have done that BEFORE the healthcare bill was passed."

The health care bill HAD to be passed quickly. Therefore, it was a mess, and not well thought out at all. Obama had 2 years to get it done. Why 2 years? That's how long he had a democrat controlled congress.....both the House and Senate. If it weren't done before 2010, when the republicans took control of the House, it never would have passed. Obama was more concerned about having a "political trophy" to put on his mantlepiece, than he was in having workable health care legislation.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 05 Nov 2012, 00:20   #121
LuuuuvMeat
Meat Loaf fan 4 life!

Quote:
Thanks for posting the video. Just to clarify is he talking just about marriages in church or marriages elsewhere? I'd also be interested if he is against civil partnerships and so on. Maybe he's against gay marriage in church but not elsewhere, maybe he's against gay marriage full stop but not civil partnerships. I don't think it's fair to maybe label him completely anti-gay unless we know the full facts. It might be that he has no problem with gay people at all, but he just believes that marriage should be specific in that way.
Any gay marriage. Civil partnerships are not the same a marriage. There are 1,011 different rights large and small that are not included in partnerships.
Old 05 Nov 2012, 00:22   #122
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

I've posted on the thread as a mod, here's my post as a fan, and a member of the community.

Meat.
I feel that the post at the start of this thread is untrue, and an unfair generalisation of the members here.

You seem to have made a rather large turnaround in recent posts that puzzles me. You seem to be saying that you had a larger game plan in mind here. I hope i'll understand when you explain it further.

You say that you were trying to weed out the enemies, and I say with all due repect, that that sounds rather paranoid.
This is a fan club dedicated to you. IMHO you have no enemies here.
You have fans who are more critical, but that is because they have high standards, and high expectations of you.
That does not make them your enemy.

The folks respect here (by and large) respect you as an artist, and wish you every success.

Assuming there are trolls in our community, it's a well know fact that trolls feed off provoking a negative emotional reaction. As your post was very negative and very emotional, it seems logical that it would be the trolls that were more likely to stay.

As to the issues thar prompted the post.

The voice thread.
I've got to say that I did a mental facepalm when I saw the thread appear.
I thought that no good could come of it.
But I was plesantly suprised by the level of discussion. The posts were written in an honest and respectul manner. Nobody said you'd lost it, you couldn't sing anymore, or that you sucked.
True, there were many posts that praised past performances (my own included) but I (and most other posters) also said they continue to enjoy your work, and continued to be thrilled by your work, both live and in the studio.

The Romney endorcement.
Any time somebody in the public eye backs a political party, they put their head over the parapet and risk being shot at. It's a fact of life.
I don't need to tell you this.
Romney, and people close to him in his party have some policies and ideals that many find offensive and prehistoric.
Some issues shadow the candidate so much that it often becomes all the candidate is about.
When Obama first ran the biggest issue seemed to be "does America want a black president". The little issue becomes the big issue.It's ludicrous, but it's how things are.
I know that it's impossible to stand on a podium at a political rally and say "this guys economic plan is great, but some of his ideas are bat shit"

There was a discussion here about the endorcement, and people spoke their shock and suprise that you had backed him. Many because of some of his outdatted (and IMHO undemocratic) ideals.
It would have put many minds at rest if you had visited the forum and posted your own political views. Why you backed Romney, and what you didn't agree with. I know you did something simalar on Facebook, but a post here might have been helpful.
I'm not saying this because I know better than you, hindsight is a great general.
I don't believe that anybody genuinly, in their heart of hearts, ever thought you were against gay rights, womens rights, or agreed with statements that if a woman is raped and becomes pregnant, she is blessed by god. I think people just wanted the reassurance from you.

I saw myself the level of abuse you received on facebook, but you had nowhere near that level of abuse here. I know that for a fact, because it would have been deleted by myself or one of the other mods.
We would afford the same protection from abuse to any other one of our members.

OK, you've seen posts by people saying they don't want to be a fan anymore, and that point of view baffles me.
You're a great artist, but, again, with all due respect, your personal politics are not my concern. I would no more vote for my favourite artists political candidate than buy underwear based on what an actor says.
You have your opinion, and the right to express it. I repect that. I have the right not to care about your political leanings, listen to some f*cking great music, and drink a beer.

The group performance.
It wasn't good.
You know that.
As you've explained, you didn't want to get up there. It wasn't practiced, and the set up wasn't right. This confirmed everything I believed (and posted) about the performance.
But if a chef spills the salt cellar on your meal, and then you eat it, you are going to send it back because it tastes bad. In general, nobody will give a damn it's just because the salt was spilled, they'll just know the food wasn't good. Most people don't want to know why the food is bad, they'll just judge the results.
Again, i'm telling you things you already know here

The level of abuse you posted on the forum hurts me. On several levels.

It hurts me that you feel so little for this forum that means so much to me.

It hurts that you dismiss many of us fans as the "97%" that hate you.

It hurts that you hurt, and feel it us to blame for making you feel that way.

It hurts to see a true/loyal/real (take your pick, I don't like any of those terms) post something like this, because he is hurt by your scathing post.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup View Post
Hey meat,

I guess I'll be one of the 97% to not go to a show or a meet and greet or buy an album again.

My one meet and greet I went to you responded to me with 'f*** you that's not a question' when I started to talk to you about 'somebody loves me'

I took it as banter and a joke then but after reading what you've had to rant about today then I can safely say I wouldn't want to pay another £200 to do it again.

To me your best work of recent times was hang cool teddy bear and that's what I'd like to remember you for.

But because of this, and the fact that you seem to want to crap all over your fans who shell out crazy amounts of money to see you in all corners of the globe, I just want to say goodbye.

I'm done, no more moderation or posts
It hurts that your responce to this fan is this..............

Quote:
Good, all revvedup left the building !!!
Don't let the door hit you in the ass !!
Mike is a long time fan of yours. He's been a mod here for a long time. He contributes a lot to the forum, and to the community. I don't believe i've ever read a post by him that has been unfairly critical.
Sad times to lose people like him.

I can understand his disillusionment. You say that we are saying that you suck, but you are the one telling us that we suck.
I don't want to deny you your feelings, but the hate you claim we have given to you has been revisited on us. In the harshest terms.

Sorry for the length of this post (if you're still reading) but it's the first i've written on the thread about how I feel on the subject.
I love ya Meat. You're still the best in the business, and you always bring the best.
I'm a fan for life, that's just the way it is
If you want me carted out of a show, expect a fight, because I want to see the goddam show
Rock on
Neil

Last edited by The Flying Mouse; 05 Nov 2012 at 00:34.
9 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Nov 2012, 00:22   #123
JaysScout
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Sarge, I learned in the last few days some people who say they are fans are not. They are tourist I have a question for you, are you a writer?
M
Often it takes certain specific events to find out who your "friends" really are. I think I detect this here.
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Nov 2012, 00:22   #124
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Obama in 2008: I believe marriage is the union between a man and a woman. As a Christian it's also a sacred union.
The naked emperor. At least Romney looked the man in the eye and answered him respectfully. As a Mormon and former missionary Romney is in the same boat as Obama is here, Romney just stayed consistent instead of changing just before the election.
Here is the video link
http://youtu.be/N6K9dS9wl7U
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Nov 2012, 00:23   #125
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Indeed, nowhere does it state he is anti gay really. However many would see a denial of gay marriage as a step backwards now, which I think is completely understandable. Take one step backward here and who knows what would follow.
Closed Thread