mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 01 Dec 2002, 14:16   #1
Tim
The Butcher

Default Steinman & Karine Hannah

I've heard two songs, written by Jim Steinman, and song by Karina Hannah (making love (out of nothing at all) and Braver than we are). A beaurtifull singer, with a great voice. Now i have seen on a site that she did 4 Steinman songs.

I also heard that an album was planned, and that STeinman would work with her. But some people said that her voice wasn't one for Steinman songs (i disagree with this) and cause Steinman was to busy with musicals that now this album can't go on any more.

This is all I know, but has someone more info about it, or about Karine Hannah? Cause she sings very nice!! Worth to listen to!!
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2002, 14:54   #2
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Hi Tim.
I've had a quick look around to see if I could find anything for you.
There is one site that does look good,unfortunatly either the web site is having problems or the site is not maintained anymore.At the moment the only page working is the home page.At least it has a picture.
You can find it on....
http://www.1creativeweb.com/Karineindex.html
I also found an artical dated 15 Nov 2000.It lists the four songs that were meant to be on the album.
Braver Than We Are.
Is Nothing Sacred. (Meat's song)
Safe Sex.
Making Love.
You can see the rest of the artical at...
http://home6.inet.tele.dk/danmei/news15nov00.htm
Hope this helps.
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2002, 15:03   #3
The Flying Mouse

Houston we have a problem.
I've just tried the links on the above message to make sure they work,and the first one doesn't work.Instead of clicking the link,try typing the address into your computer.
That works for me,but that might be because i've already been to the site.
Old 01 Dec 2002, 15:36   #4
Tim
The Butcher

Thank you very much!!!

I also found some stuff on the Jim Steinman page.

http://www.neverlandhotel.dk/news/index.php?nr=3

But it's a pitty that she doesn't more songs, or that an album will be released, cause here voice is great.

And i found this link, about the Dance of the Vampires:

http://www.carpe-jugulum.com/board/v...ead.php?tid=24

ps. I've almost 200 posts!!!!!
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2013, 00:55   #5
Breeze
Miss Inclined

I followed up all the links and can find nothing with Karnie singing. anyone got a link where I can hear her sing these songs? I have waited so long for someone to do "safe sex". I read that among her fans and Jim's fans these songs can be heard. blast it all, I want to hear this.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2013, 01:03   #6
wolfy35
Dangerous on a full moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
Hi Tim.
I've had a quick look around to see if I could find anything for you.
There is one site that does look good,unfortunatly either the web site is having problems or the site is not maintained anymore.At the moment the only page working is the home page.At least it has a picture.
You can find it on....
http://www.1creativeweb.com/Karineindex.html
I also found an artical dated 15 Nov 2000.It lists the four songs that were meant to be on the album.
Braver Than We Are.
Is Nothing Sacred. (Meat's song)
Safe Sex.
Making Love.
You can see the rest of the artical at...
http://home6.inet.tele.dk/danmei/news15nov00.htm
Hope this helps.
Not sure if they are still there but at one time all 4 of those tracks could be found on youtube.

Personally I really liked her voice but the semi dance beat on Braver really spoiled what is a really good track.
wolfy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2013, 10:59   #7
Breeze
Miss Inclined

I have looked for these songs and so far all I can find is " cat woman's song" and can't find the rest. if anyone has links , please post. i found cat woman here,
http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/son...Love+I+Can+Get)
Old 24 Jan 2013, 14:37   #8
wolfy35
Dangerous on a full moon

All 4 tracks are available on Grooveshark to listen to streaming. Other links are available but they tend to be the backhand mp3 download sites but if you search on youtube all 4 are there, I know because I checked before I posted saying it last night & I checked again just now to make sure they had not been removed.
Old 24 Jan 2013, 14:51   #9
Breeze
Miss Inclined

is there a reason you can't post the links?

Last edited by The Flying Mouse; 24 Jan 2013 at 16:27. Reason: bootleg request deleted
Old 24 Jan 2013, 15:05   #10
Breeze
Miss Inclined

I have been able to find on the groove-shack everything but Safe sex. I could not find a way to put them on my computer( I am obviously really tech savvy ) but I did get them on my face book . If I can find them on you tube I can download them to my media library.
she has beautiful voice.
Old 24 Jan 2013, 15:20   #11
wolfy35
Dangerous on a full moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
I have been able to find on the groove-shack everything but Safe sex. I could not find a way to put them on my computer( I am obviously really tech savvy ) but I did get them on my face book . If I can find them on you tube I can download them to my media library.
she has beautiful voice.
That's exactly the reason I did not post any of the direct links. MLUKFC has in its rules that anyone who posts links to illegal download sites etc will be banned & all the links I know of that are still working apart from grooveshark are on mp3 download sites.
Old 24 Jan 2013, 15:24   #12
wolfy35
Dangerous on a full moon

If you fancy trawling through to find them they are also on Puddings blogspot (btw is pudding still a member here not seen his name on forum for a while)

& if you persevere you can find something even better, For example the Patti Russo version of The future ( as in not the album version with Jennifer Hudson who's voice really grates on me )
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 24 Jan 2013, 16:28   #13
The Flying Mouse

Quote:
is there a reason you can't post the links?
See forum rules about posting or requesting bootlegs on the forum.
Old 24 Jan 2013, 17:54   #14
Breeze
Miss Inclined

sorry, i did not realize they were bootleg as they are on the net. guess that shows you how much I know. sorry, I won't do it again.
I still have the Dream Engine I bought from Jacqueline when the meat list and steinman list were all one. I never played the Cd's, just put them away for safe keeping. I pulled them out about a month ago and the Cd's are blank. this was somewhere between 96-98, not sure. I know I paid for them, I believe about $30.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 06:35   #15
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

I won't post a link, but there is a torrent out there with 4-5 gigs of Steinman stuff, both bootlegs and official.

There is some fantastic stuff in this set. All the Karine Hannah stuff plus bootlegs from DOTV and Neverland. For those with a complex against downloading music you didn't pay for you can set it to NOT DL the official stuff.
Evil Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2013, 03:10   #16
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Really when you get right down to it the songs are not all that great the way they were produced. It was just as well they were never released but I do think Karine has a great voice.
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2013, 04:57   #17
Breeze
Miss Inclined

I notice Karnie says on her face book site that she worked with Jim for 2 yrs.
That is quite a while to work with someone /do a demo and then no record. Does anyone know what happened?
Old 28 Jan 2013, 06:27   #18
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Quote:
That is quite a while to work with someone /do a demo and then no record. Does anyone know what happened?
The same reason why there's no records by The Dream Engine and the same reason why we're unlikely to see the BOOH Musical or 'Nutcracked'.

He's worked with lots of people that never have anything come to fruition.

It's very depressing.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 08:36   #19
Breeze
Miss Inclined

What is your feeling about this EE? Why have all these projects not worked out? I know his music requires a very skilled singer. Is there just a lack of qualified singers? I thought karnie's voice was great, but then again I am not an expert .
Old 28 Jan 2013, 12:37   #20
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Quote:

Define worked together...
Two years of off again on again work in a studio from time to time whenever Jim was up to it both mentally and physically. I don't believe for a second that there never any hardcore work being done. Just bits and pieces.
And in the end it was not obviously satisfactory enough to be released or continued.
Karine doesn't say a whole lot about it but I would bet she is very disappointed at how it all turned out.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 19:28   #21
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Quote:
What is your feeling about this EE? Why have all these projects not worked out? I know his music requires a very skilled singer. Is there just a lack of qualified singers? I thought karnie's voice was great, but then again I am not an expert .
Lack of skilled singers? Ridiculous. There are many skilled singers out there that are just as good as ML or better.

IMO the guy is just lazy. There may be some health problems in there as well, but I think the main thing is lack of motivation.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 17:04   #22
Smithie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ernie View Post
Lack of skilled singers? Ridiculous. There are many skilled singers out there
Meat said on the MSO commentary that Patti is Steinman's favorite female singer, so I have always wondered why Steinman hasn't collaborated with her.
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2013, 12:34   #23
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie View Post
Meat said on the MSO commentary that Patti is Steinman's favorite female singer, so I have always wondered why Steinman hasn't collaborated with her.

Probabaly cause she doesn't want to hang around for two years on some on again and off again project that goes nowhere in the end.
1 User Likes This Post.