Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 16 Jul 2016, 22:23   #26
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
That was you? Amazing review I read it a few weeks ago. Best Meat Loaf review I've ever read.
Thanks

The strangest thing about it is that i have written reviews for websites and small publications for around 10 years, and most of the time as it has been freelance I've had free reign of what I reviewed...but in all that time I have never felt as compelled to write as much as for this album, and every time I hear parts of it again I always feel like there is so much more to write.

As much as Jim was pleased I "got" the album, i was just as pleased he "got" the passion behind it.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 16 Jul 2016, 22:30   #27
Danny L
Super Loafer

I hope hope hope both projects will be recieved well. Bat Out of Hell is both of your legacies - the songs will be performed in theatres across the world and maybe beyond forever

Braver really sounds great, yes its a niche audience thing but I hope people get it I really do. I remember Couldn't Have Said It Better didn't do nearly as good as it should have done in the charts, so diappointing it was a very good album
Danny L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2016, 23:01   #28
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny L View Post
I hope hope hope both projects will be recieved well. Bat Out of Hell is both of your legacies - the songs will be performed in theatres across the world and maybe beyond forever

Braver really sounds great, yes its a niche audience thing but I hope people get it I really do. I remember Couldn't Have Said It Better didn't do nearly as good as it should have done in the charts, so diappointing it was a very good album
It did ok, but I know what you mean
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 16 Jul 2016, 23:14   #29
tonyloaf
Metal Head

I'm waiting for the album to come out before I have a listen :)

Excited!

Meat ignore and look at the people who support you. It's way!!!! Bigger
tonyloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 16 Jul 2016, 23:24   #30
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
Jim and I thank you for the positive attitude for both projects . Nice going !!
I have already called it a day , there are no more tours ... Just the promo tour for the record !!
So your not coming to UK and Ireland??? For a tour???
Old 16 Jul 2016, 23:46   #31
Danny L
Super Loafer

Quote:
I have already called it a day , there are no more tours ... Just the promo tour for the record !!
Are you doing any more concerts or is the 'promo tour' just media appearances?
Old 16 Jul 2016, 23:49   #32
Fire Ball
Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
lets hope thats why. or hes literally satan.
Take pick #2 .
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 17 Jul 2016, 00:01   #33
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Don't be mad Meat. Everyone here wants you to succeed and be happy in what you do.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 17 Jul 2016, 02:19   #34
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikox1 View Post
So your not coming to UK and Ireland??? For a tour???
He didn't say that .. Do you think hat the UK/Europe tour won't promote the album? He's already posted the start date In January
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 17 Jul 2016, 02:32   #35
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
He didn't say that .. Do you think hat the UK/Europe tour won't promote the album? He's already posted the start date In January

How he worded it, it sounds like Meat may have changed his plans. Sounds like he just mean he's doing the press tour now.

I don't blame him at all. Sounds like after the Canadian tour and last US tour and all the junk that wen't along with them, he's like 'Cheque please, I'm out'....To which I don't blame him at all if that's the case...It's almost a relief to it, ya know. Why fight it? Just do what you love. And focus on your health!
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 17 Jul 2016, 02:44   #36
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
How he worded it, it sounds like Meat may have changed his plans. Sounds like he just mean he's doing the press tour now.

I don't blame him at all. Sounds like after the Canadian tour and last US tour and all the junk that wen't along with them, he's like 'Cheque please, I'm out'....To which I don't blame him at all if that's the case...It's almost a relief to it, ya know. Why fight it? Just do what you love. And focus on your health!
To me it sounded like he wasn't planning to tour now? I was just making sure, Meats posts can be cryptic sometimes
Old 17 Jul 2016, 02:45   #37
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I posted here a year ago telling you he would be touring
But it was just the way he worded it
Anyway no harm done
Have a good evening
Old 17 Jul 2016, 02:56   #38
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Meat, whatever you do, do it for you now. You've given more to your fans than anyone else - especially considering you've been against the grain of the mainstream industry from the start.

I remember something said once and it came up again not long ago. "When was it cool to like Meat Loaf?" And i honestly think that rightly it has never been cool to like Meat Loaf...if it had then you (and especially with Jim) would have been doing something wrong. It's never been about being cool...and inadvertently that's what makes it so cool you could stick a hat on it and call it Frosty the Snowman.

I think it may sound familiar, and I'm sure everyone will echo the sentiment, from every one of us to you, from our heart to your soul, we say thank you very very much and there isn't a single one of us who will ever, EVER, stop rocking! And i think, additional to the lyrics, THAT is the one thing you and we wouldn't do for love.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 17 Jul 2016, 03:06   #39
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkent7 View Post
Meat, whatever you do, do it for you now. You've given more to your fans than anyone else - especially considering you've been against the grain of the mainstream industry from the start.

I remember something said once and it came up again not long ago. "When was it cool to like Meat Loaf?" And i honestly think that rightly it has never been cool to like Meat Loaf...if it had then you (and especially with Jim) would have been doing something wrong. It's never been about being cool...and inadvertently that's what makes it so cool you could stick a hat on it and call it Frosty the Snowman.

I think it may sound familiar, and I'm sure everyone will echo the sentiment, from every one of us to you, from our heart to your soul, we say thank you very very much and there isn't a single one of us who will ever, EVER, stop rocking! And i think, additional to the lyrics, THAT is the one thing you and we wouldn't do for love.
Well said , yeah just enjoy it Meat!!! We all will
Old 17 Jul 2016, 03:25   #40
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Exactly, and I'm sure he'll still do the promotional tour as a final goodbye to his fans in the USA this fall.
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2016, 12:38   #41
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickip View Post
Exactly, and I'm sure he'll still do the promotional tour as a final goodbye to his fans in the USA this fall.
Without a shadow of a doubt. As he said, after "the promo tour". How many current articles have we seen abut his new fitness regime to get in shape for the next leg in the USA? How many times has he said the weight he intends to be when he starts his last tour in the UK in January? I am sure that what he posted refers to the fact that after the contracted dates he already has in his schedule there is no intention to do any more touring in the future.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 17 Jul 2016, 15:32   #42
Danny L
Super Loafer

Quote:
Meat could you clarify this please? Are the gigs you said for the new year effectively cancelled?
Old 17 Jul 2016, 16:07   #43
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I have so much support here !! Right !!!
Yes! Jim has pretty much summed up my thoughts far better than I could have. I love this album. I like the way your voice sounds, so real, and shows your acting the songs as a character telling a story beautifully.

Most listeners and reviewers who are used to lifeless auto-tuned dreck won't get it. But those of us around since 78 will. My only debate is where to rank this alongside Bat and Bat 2.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 17 Jul 2016, 20:06   #44
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Quote:
I have so much support here !! Right !!!
Have you seen the reviews from those who heard the tracks when the album leaked? Every post is positive - every single one, I don't think I've ever seen that happen!

People are LOVING IT!!!! It's Meat and Jim, and it's right - we love ya!
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 17 Jul 2016, 20:40   #45
Fire Ball
Himself

Quote:
Without a shadow of a doubt. As he said, after "the promo tour". How many current articles have we seen abut his new fitness regime to get in shape for the next leg in the USA? How many times has he said the weight he intends to be when he starts his last tour in the UK in January? I am sure that what he posted refers to the fact that after the contracted dates he already has in his schedule there is no intention to do any more touring in the future.
NO,
I have hurt my back really bad this time and as of right now except the promo tour which is going to hurt like hell to get through . I think touring days are over . M
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2016, 20:50   #46
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Sorry to hear that Meat
But that's the way I thought you ment it when you posted.
Best wishes Meat
Old 17 Jul 2016, 21:02   #47
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
NO,
I have hurt my back really bad this time and as of right now except the promo tour which is going to hurt like hell to get through . I think touring days are over . M
Very sorry to hear that Meat
Old 17 Jul 2016, 21:19   #48
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:
NO,
:'( Oh no. Oh Meat...I'm so sorry. I really hope you heal up well and are able to get back out there for one final go-round. But if not, I will never forget the shows you gave to my, the shows you gave to my boyfriend, and the connection we both feel to you, your music, and to each other because of your music.

Love always,

AnotherDay
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2016, 22:35   #49
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
NO,
Real sorry to hear that Meat. You are one of a kind... there is no one else who performs a show like you do. Will miss seeing you out on the road, but we will always have the Royal Albert Hall 😀

Take care of yourself.

Love you always, Simon
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 17 Jul 2016, 23:07   #50
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
NO,
Very sorry to hear you are in pain and hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself. We will all miss you out there performing like no other, but thank you for all the great years you have worked so hard to entertain millions. Thank you from my heart.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.