mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 09 Jul 2010, 22:37   #1
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

Default Mark & The Goff Sisters - "Sheffield Steel"

Sorry if this has already been posted but I was on youtube just before and I came across this video promo for an all-star top New York band called; "Sheffield Steel".

In the current lineup Mark is on Paino and The Goff Sisters are backing the band

Here is the promo... Anyone in the States seen them advertised at all?

YouTube Video
meatloaf-unofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2010, 22:41   #2
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Chuck Burghi on drums too.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2010, 22:50   #3
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Someone should tell the singer to go bald gracefully and loose the mullet, he looks like a fat dungeon master.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2010, 01:30   #4
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
Someone should tell the singer to go bald gracefully and loose the mullet, he looks like a fat dungeon master.
He's exactly as I've always imagined you to look Pud

Great gravelly voice though.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2010, 01:31   #5
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

And the sisters
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2010, 01:37   #6
AndyK
Relentless

*post deleted in favour of a text message*
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2010, 01:44   #7
Monstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
*post deleted in favour of a text message*
received and agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10 Jul 2010, 10:29   #8
Pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
He's exactly as I've always imagined you to look Pud
When I look like that I'll un-emigrate myself and move back to Sheffield, I'd fit right in...LOL
Old 10 Jul 2010, 11:06   #9
Monstro

Quote:
I'll un-emigrate myself and move back to Sheffield
Our new government has changed the immigration rules to reduce the number of people coming here, remember watcing it on tv and I'm sure your name was mentioned
Old 10 Jul 2010, 12:28   #10
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

he looks like a white Barry White, doesn't sound too bad though!
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2010, 12:34   #11
Couch Potato
DrumBum

I think they are a Joe Cocker trib band maybe? Evry song they did was his/or done by Joe Cocker? And Joe Cocker being from Sheffield??
Couch Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2010, 13:13   #12
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Potato View Post
I think they are a Joe Cocker trib band maybe? Evry song they did was his/or done by Joe Cocker? And Joe Cocker being from Sheffield??
yeah i was assuming that was the case
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2010, 13:26   #13
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

That lead singer is awesome. He looks like one of the three blind mice in those mother goose cartoons from the 60's.

Chuck Bergee on drums.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2010, 15:49   #14
Couch Potato
DrumBum

Listen to Frank White from Sheffield on Youtue, Joe cocker was his drummer in the 60's. You will hear whear Joe gets his voice from
Couch Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2010, 02:50   #15
bloozvox
Rookie

Default Straight from the mouth of the 'fat dungeon master'

WOW... you guys can be cruel... but S*** happens... I DO resemble that remark... I was born that way and got worse with age... many years of booz, boxing, beer, American football, Jack Daniels, motorcycles, booz, rock'n roll and tough neighborhood brawling on the wrong side of the tracks in the Bronx, NY... and booz... did I say booz?... your comments would be 'fightin' words' at the schoolyard...so if you're taller than me, I'll have to give your belly-button a black eye....we usually have to fight our way out of the Bronx... not too many of us make it out... I may have made it out, but I guess the only thing missing is a hump off the back of my right shoulder... I even have my own clunky set of keys... but there aren't any keys to dungeon cells...sometimes I wake up in the morning and I have to push my nose back to the front 'cause it's by my ear!!! I tried shaving the mullet off, and women would gather up their children to cross the street to avoid me... my old lady at the time wouldn't sleep next to me 'cause I looked like a psychotic killer...it was absolutely demoralizing...I was thinking about having some Japanese thing at the back of my head with a long skinny braid... whaddya think? It sucks having a 'no hair' day all the time as opposed to a 'bad hair' day sometimes ... But enuff... I won't bore or regale you with any fantastic stories of my life...unless you ask nicely... over cocktails... I'll buy the first round...
My looks never scared any of the kids I play Santa for... I do it religiously every year...maybe some adults should learn a lesson from children... there is nothing in the world like seeing the expression of a child who pulls my ugly 'dungeon master' hair or beard, and suddenly beams a smile and a wide-eyed glow, exclaiming, "Mummy... it IS Santa Claus..." They don't see a 'fat dungeon master' or one of the 'three blind mice'... boy, that's a relief!!!...'cause that's what I see everyday!!!
SHEFFIELD STEEL is a 'facebook' page here in the USA... I am too... mine is a bigger page, of course, to cover the pixel space of a 'fat dungeon master'... SHEFFIELD STEEL is a name in recognition of Joe's 2nd(?) album and the city of his birth... a city whose reputation for hi-end steel works for the last 200 yrs at least, is legendary... personally being from working stock, I was proud to be in a band named with such a legacy... SHEFFIELD STEEL started as a Joe Cocker Tribute simply due to the original personnel all being Joe's band alumni, but we expanded to a ten piece... and with that expanded horizons to other rock with a focus on Joe... the personnel are all world class musicians and great people... and alot better looking than any 'dungeon master'...just take a look at the Goff sisters.... as gentlemen please... I know ... it's tough keeping your imagination in check...
I couldn't believe in a million yrs I'd be on a UK MEATLOAF fan site... but truth is stranger than fiction... and if we ever get the chance to perform for you... I'm sure we'll blow the doors off the place... pls come on over and say hello... I won't lock you up, knock you over, or 'apple-bonk' you... although I may regale you with stories of the Bronx and the world as I've seen it over drinks...
BTW... all best wishes to MEAT, his family... the band... the crew... any and all members of the organization... from the rock'n roll brethren and sisters from this side of the pond... special shout out to my buddy Danny Miranda playin' bass for y'all now... a safe and successful tour...
GB&ATB.... G:o)
bloozvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2010, 11:36   #16
Monstro

Which just goes to show that everyone gets here sooner or later lol, welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone interested here's the link to the facebook fan page...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sheffi...?ref=ts&v=wall

Last edited by Monstro; 11 Jul 2010 at 11:41.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 22:13   #17
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozvox View Post
WOW... you guys can be cruel... but S*** happens... I DO resemble that remark... I was born that way and got worse with age... many years of booz, boxing, beer, American football, Jack Daniels, motorcycles, booz, rock'n roll and tough neighborhood brawling on the wrong side of the tracks in the Bronx, NY... and booz... did I say booz?... your comments would be 'fightin' words' at the schoolyard...so if you're taller than me, I'll have to give your belly-button a black eye....we usually have to fight our way out of the Bronx... not too many of us make it out... I may have made it out, but I guess the only thing missing is a hump off the back of my right shoulder... I even have my own clunky set of keys... but there aren't any keys to dungeon cells...sometimes I wake up in the morning and I have to push my nose back to the front 'cause it's by my ear!!! I tried shaving the mullet off, and women would gather up their children to cross the street to avoid me... my old lady at the time wouldn't sleep next to me 'cause I looked like a psychotic killer...it was absolutely demoralizing...I was thinking about having some Japanese thing at the back of my head with a long skinny braid... whaddya think? It sucks having a 'no hair' day all the time as opposed to a 'bad hair' day sometimes ... But enuff... I won't bore or regale you with any fantastic stories of my life...unless you ask nicely... over cocktails... I'll buy the first round...
My looks never scared any of the kids I play Santa for... I do it religiously every year...maybe some adults should learn a lesson from children... there is nothing in the world like seeing the expression of a child who pulls my ugly 'dungeon master' hair or beard, and suddenly beams a smile and a wide-eyed glow, exclaiming, "Mummy... it IS Santa Claus..." They don't see a 'fat dungeon master' or one of the 'three blind mice'... boy, that's a relief!!!...'cause that's what I see everyday!!!
SHEFFIELD STEEL is a 'facebook' page here in the USA... I am too... mine is a bigger page, of course, to cover the pixel space of a 'fat dungeon master'... SHEFFIELD STEEL is a name in recognition of Joe's 2nd(?) album and the city of his birth... a city whose reputation for hi-end steel works for the last 200 yrs at least, is legendary... personally being from working stock, I was proud to be in a band named with such a legacy... SHEFFIELD STEEL started as a Joe Cocker Tribute simply due to the original personnel all being Joe's band alumni, but we expanded to a ten piece... and with that expanded horizons to other rock with a focus on Joe... the personnel are all world class musicians and great people... and alot better looking than any 'dungeon master'...just take a look at the Goff sisters.... as gentlemen please... I know ... it's tough keeping your imagination in check...
I couldn't believe in a million yrs I'd be on a UK MEATLOAF fan site... but truth is stranger than fiction... and if we ever get the chance to perform for you... I'm sure we'll blow the doors off the place... pls come on over and say hello... I won't lock you up, knock you over, or 'apple-bonk' you... although I may regale you with stories of the Bronx and the world as I've seen it over drinks...
BTW... all best wishes to MEAT, his family... the band... the crew... any and all members of the organization... from the rock'n roll brethren and sisters from this side of the pond... special shout out to my buddy Danny Miranda playin' bass for y'all now... a safe and successful tour...
LOL
Great post, good to have you with us.
Joe is a fantastic artist
The girls are still looking

Hope all goes well with your shows

Rock on.
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2010, 10:18   #18
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Quote:
Long, but pi** funny
Jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2010, 10:44   #19
Pudding

Great post by Mr.bloozvox
Old 13 Jul 2010, 17:03   #20
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
Great post by Mr.bloozvox
per mr. tapioca
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2010, 04:41   #21
Julie in the rv mirror
Spirit in the Night

Quote:
... did I say booz?...
No...no, you didn't.

Nice post
Julie in the rv mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2010, 04:48   #22
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Quote:
Welcome to the forum & thanks for the post.
Just seen the video at the start of this thread and it looks interesting though I really don't know much about Joe Cocker if I am being brutally honest .
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2010, 00:09   #23
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 View Post
though I really don't know much about Joe Cocker if I am being brutally honest .
mr Joe Cocker is a rather spectacular singer (imo)

heres a clip of a performance that blew me away the first time i watched it on tv... and still does now, nearly a decade on

you will probably know the song, and a few of the musicians

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wG6Cgmgn5U
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2010, 01:43   #24
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

I know who he is, he was one of Michael Ball's guest on his TV show in the 90's but I don't actually know his works as such. Thanks Jonty .
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2010, 08:13   #25
Pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 View Post
I know who he is, he was one of Michael Ball's guest on his TV show in the 90's
Who the hell is Michael Ball?