PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Life » Off Topic

Old 16 Mar 2012, 21:30   #1
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Default Camping World pulls out of Apprentice over Trump controversy

Interesting. remember Camping World from Celebrity Apprentice last year? Well...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...tice-over-jrs/
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2012, 10:14   #2
Cherry.Loaf
Los Angeloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
Interesting. remember Camping World from Celebrity Apprentice last year? Well...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...tice-over-jrs/
So they should! What his sons have been doing in Africa is disgraceful
Cherry.Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2012, 10:37   #3
CarylB
Mega Loafer

The animal population of Africa managed to get along just fine regulating itself as nature intended for thousands of years until it started to be decimated by hunters whether for pelts, horns or "sport". What makes a man feel big by being driven to find some poor elephant or lion so he can blast away at it with a gun and hold up a part of it as a trophy? Why kill something living if it's not for your survival ? It baffles me .. but then so does the desire to even possess a gun.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2012, 10:43   #4
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Indeed. It's utterly disgusting. If these hard men want to do this sort of thing then lets stick them all in a jungle together and let them hunt each other.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2012, 10:53   #5
GDW
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
Indeed. It's utterly disgusting. If these hard men want to do this sort of thing then lets stick them all in a jungle together and let them hunt each other.
Yeah. Just like that Get Smart episode.
GDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2012, 14:43   #6
Tri.somethin
Banned

Now I have that Camping World song stuck in my head...>.<
Tri.somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2012, 16:35   #7
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
The animal population of Africa managed to get along just fine regulating itself as nature intended for thousands of years until it started to be decimated by hunters whether for pelts, horns or "sport". What makes a man feel big by being driven to find some poor elephant or lion so he can blast away at it with a gun and hold up a part of it as a trophy? Why kill something living if it's not for your survival ? It baffles me .. but then so does the desire to even possess a gun.

Caryl
My husband told me about this story ... As you know, Caryl, I'm fond of elephants !!! To think one was killed by these rich little men sickens me !!! To think one was hunted and killed by ANY one actually, sickens me. And where is the skill to shoot a two ton elephant ?????? ... Such a large target !!! IF you want to kill an animal of Africa... if it's in Africa where they make their home, how about the cheetah ? ... Isn't that one of the fastest animals in the world ??? ...

S ... xo
Sue K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2012, 18:42   #8
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue K View Post
My husband told me about this story ... As you know, Caryl, I'm fond of elephants !!! To think one was killed by these rich little men sickens me !!! To think one was hunted and killed by ANY one actually, sickens me. And where is the skill to shoot a two ton elephant ?????? ... Such a large target !!! IF you want to kill an animal of Africa... if it's in Africa where they make their home, how about the cheetah ? ... Isn't that one of the fastest animals in the world ??? ...

S ... xo
Yes .. With an all terrain vehicle, a large gun, and a target that size, it's not much of a skill, or "sport" is it? And the Trump offspring is quoted as saying " It fed a village for a month", as if he's performed some humanitarian favour .. better imo to give some of his easily gained money to invest in pumps, goats and cattle .. to enable the village to feed themselves for the future! And he implies hunting them helps preserve the species? .. what arrogant twaddle. The African elephant is listed as an endangered species, so shooting them and proudly holding their tails in the air is hardly preserving them is it? Again ... if you care about preserving them you don't shoot the ~~~~~~s! And if you have millions, or can afford a luxurious hunting holiday, give the money towards preserving them and their habitat .. and helping a village raise non-endangered domestic animals ..

Yes, cheetahs live in Africa .. and they are fast .. but not necessarily fast enough to outrun extinction. Over-hunting for the fur trade is no longer their only problem. Loss of habitat, competition with large predators and ranchers, and a loss of genetic strength, is killing them off even faster than the younger Trump .. if he could keep up with one, and were a sufficiently good shot

Odious .. and even more odious to boast about it and defend it as some purported "help"

Caryl
Old 17 Mar 2012, 20:20   #9
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
The Fox network would pick that up

I wonder if Davina would host the English version?

Quote:
And where is the skill to shoot a two ton elephant ?????? ... Such a large target !!!
I believe they practice by firing uzis at the broad side of a barn

Quote:
how about the cheetah ? ... Isn't that one of the fastest animals in the world ??? ...
Because if you miss the cheetah it will run after you, catch you, and then your day is officially ~~~~ed up.
Nobody wants their gonads shreadded by a pissed off moggy

So not only are they firing from far away, armed while their prey is not, able to use vehicles to track their pray, they are also bloody cowards.

Trump Jnr posed with the tail of an elephant and a knife.
I'd pay money to watch Trump Jnr walk right up to an elephant with nothing but a knife and try and take it's tail off.

He said that the meat was not wasted, but it's not about just about how the animal was used after death, it's that the hunters actually enjoyed the kill.
It's hard to believe someone working at a slaughterhouse getting the same kick.
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:02   #10
Dave
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Why kill something living if it's not for your survival ? It baffles me .. but then so does the desire to even possess a gun
As an American who understands my nation's Constitution, I cannot understand why anyone would even question the necessity for the right to own a gun. You take away a gun from a free people, you take away their freedom.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:05   #11
Dave
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
The Fox network would pick that up
If it did, I would see it. Total FoxNews fan here.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:28   #12
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
As an American who understands my nation's Constitution, I cannot understand why anyone would even question the necessity for the right to own a gun. You take away a gun from a free people, you take away their freedom.
As a British citizen I have all the freedom I need without that necessity. That I could, if I wanted, buy one but not keep it in the house, is a legality I both welcomed and am thankful for England is a free people, we have not been invaded for nearly a thousand years, and our freedom was set down nearly 800 years ago

Caryl
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:51   #13
Dave
Mega Loafer

Quote:
As a British citizen I have all the freedom I need without that necessity. That I could, if I wanted, buy one but not keep it in the house, is a legality I both welcomed and am thankful for England is a free people, we have not been invaded for nearly a thousand years, and our freedom was set down nearly 800 years ago l
I will be goddamn if I will settle with the government ever telling me I could not take up arms to defend myself. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition - that's what I say. If you are happy, fine and dandy...just another reason I am thankful for being an American.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:53   #14
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
As a British citizen I have all the freedom I need without that necessity. That I could, if I wanted, buy one but not keep it in the house, is a legality I both welcomed and am thankful for England is a free people, we have not been invaded for nearly a thousand years, and our freedom was set down nearly 800 years ago

Caryl
The bombings in WW2 were probably worse then invasion, but thats besides the point.

Having a gun for self defense is one thing. Killing endangered species is another

I personally think camping world overacted and only backed out cause of fears of boycotts
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:13   #15
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

Quote:
I will be goddamn if I will settle with the government ever telling me I could not take up arms to defend myself. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition - that's what I say. If you are happy, fine and dandy...just another reason I am thankful for being an American.
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:15   #16
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
The bombings in WW2 were probably worse then invasion
No. I can't believe you really think that. They were terrible, but we remained a free nation. Ask the Poles, the Dutch, the Danish, the Free French which they would have preferred. Our supply routes may have been severely disrupted, our cities bombed, we endured rationing for many years afterwards; but people could be open in standing together, and thanks to our air, naval and land forces (in whom I continue to put my trust to defend me) we remained a free nation. And with help from our allies, including the USA for the latter part.

Caryl
Old 18 Mar 2012, 04:16   #17
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
We have the right to self defence using "reasonable force". If you were about to be killed by someone and the only way to save yourself was to kill the person threatening you, then as long as your gun was legit, you would not have committed a crime.

There is also a certain amount of support for the use of guns in other situations where all other options have been exhausted. For example, if I remember rightly, a farmer called Tony Martin was jailed after shooting 2 people, 1 of whom died, who had repeatedly burgled his house and constantly got away with it. They threatened him with knives and he shot them. He was jailed for murder on the basis this was unreasonable, disproportionate force, and therefore went beyond self defence. After a successful appeal on the basis that "our home is our castle and we have the right to defend it" his charges were downgraded from murder to manslaughter. there was huge public support for him as many reasonable people argued that after repeated burglaries with no apparent backup from the justice system you would feel in constant danger and it would be understandable in this exceptional circumstance to protect yourself at any cost.

However as I say this is a very exceptional case, and in general there is simply no desire to have a gun for the vast majority of the population. I'm not aware of any campaign or desire to relax the gun ownership laws here, and believe that most people support the current setup.

I make no criticism of your constitution or your support of the right to arm yourself, I simply make the point that we have freedom and overall have freely chosen not to bear arms.

Last edited by PanicLord; 18 Mar 2012 at 04:32.
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2012, 04:33   #18
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Ps sorry, a little off topic, but I do find the difference between the US and UK on this fascinating.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 04:40   #19
Dave
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicLord View Post
I make no criticism of your constitution or your support of the right to arm yourself, I simply make the point that we have freedom and overall have freely chosen not to bear arms.
Again, thank God I am an American! I hate governmental restrictions on most things. I am extremely Conservative and not of the mind to change that anytime soon.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 04:45   #20
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Pps I find the idea of hunting any endangered species for fun and then claiming it's an act of charity because it feeds the locals sickening.

I cannot get behind killing any animal simply for a trophy to prove that you have done it. So called intelligent humans have made so many species extinct so they can brag to their peers about how clever they are to kill something so rare. Morons.

Nor for money - those people maiming and killing rhinos for their horns, even in Uk zoos, should have critical organs removed and see how they like it.

If it is a species with very large numbers and you eat the meat afterwards I suppose I dont have as much of an objection with that but wouldn't be interested in doing it myself as I have no desire to kill.

If it is to control a common pest that threatens peoples livelihoods or the overall food supply and there is no other practical method then fine, but that would normally be a few highly regulated officials.

I congratulate Camping World for having principles and sticking to them.

Last edited by PanicLord; 18 Mar 2012 at 05:23.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 15:12   #21
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicLord View Post
However as I say this is a very exceptional case, and in general there is simply no desire to have a gun for the vast majority of the population. I'm not aware of any campaign or desire to relax the gun ownership laws here, and believe that most people support the current setup.
I'd agree. And of course the case you mentioned involved a farmer, one of the group that may have a licenced shotgun in the home for dealing with the more usual vermin, provided it is kept securely locked away. The case was exceptional because if he hadn't been a farmer he'd have had to drive to his gunclub, where his gun would have to be kept And a man, who without doubt deserved to be locked away for a long time, would still be alive.

Quote:
Nor I. I just expressed a personal view that it baffles me why peaceable human beings would want to have and use guns, and that we in the UK do not consider our freedom compromised by our support of gun control. I didn't seek to change anyone else's view, just expressed my own

Quote:
I find the idea of hunting any endangered species for fun and then claiming it's an act of charity because it feeds the locals sickening.

I cannot get behind killing any animal simply for a trophy to prove that you have done it. So called intelligent humans have made so many species extinct so they can brag to their peers about how clever they are to kill something so rare.
And this is the nub. Like you, I don't have an issue with domestic animals being raised and used for food, nor as pest control. But to me to hunt and kill wild animals that are in their natural habitat and endangering no-one, but are becoming endangered themselves .. that is not sport, nor can I condone it. I don't even condone the tearing of wild animals from their habitat and keeping them as pets either! There are apparently more tigers being kept as "pets" than there are in the wild and zoos.

Quote:
I congratulate Camping World for having principles and sticking to them.
Me too. Whether or not they are motivated by concern for their image (and what prudent company is not?) I support their stance.

Caryl

Last edited by CarylB; 18 Mar 2012 at 15:17.