mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 15 Oct 2011, 16:36   #1
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Exclamation Jimmy is NOMINATED for THE SONGWRITER HOF

Yeah he lost last year, got this from someplace else, but Im surprised it hasnt been posted here yet:

http://songhall.org/news/entry/1281

Songwriters Hall of Fame
2012 Nominees for Induction Announced

New York, NY - October 14, 2011 - Jimmy Webb, Chairman of the Songwriters Hall of Fame has announced the slate of 2012 nominees for induction. The organization, which is dedicated to recognizing the work and lives of those composers and lyricists who create popular music around the world, holds annual elections to determine those who will make up the roster of inductees for the following year. Eligible voting members will have until December 12th, 2011 to turn in ballots with their choices of two nominees from a non-performer and two from a performer category. For information with which to register or renew as a voting member before November 18th in order to participate in this election, please go to songhall.org.
The 2012 Annual Awards Gala will take place at the New York Marriott Marquis on Thursday, June 14th.

Bios and photos of the 2012 nominees can be found on the songhall.org website,
and as a new special feature this year, Jango, the personalized internet radio site where listeners go to discover new music, has created has created a special Songwriters Hall of Fame online Radio Station that will enable everyone to "Listen to the Music" of our nominees.
And the nominees are:

(*Note that the five songs listed after each nominee are merely a representative sample of their extensive catalogs)
Non-Performer Songwriters
Don Covay - * Sookie, Sookie * Mercy, Mercy * Tonight's The Night * Chain Of Fools
* Seesaw

Jerry Fuller -* Travelin' Man * Young World * Young Girl * Lady Willpower * Show And Tell

Graham Gouldman - * Bus Stop * I'm Not In Love * For Your Love * The Things We Do For Love * No Milk Today

Tony Hatch - * Downtown * Don't Sleep In The Subway * I Know A Place * My Love
* Sign Of The Times

Sandy Linzer/Denny Randell - * A Lover's Concerto * Workin' My Way Back To You * Let 's Hang On To What We've Got * Native New Yorker * Opus 17 (Don't Worry 'bout Me)

Tony Macaulay - * Baby Now That I've Found You * Build Me Up Buttercup * Don't Give Up On Us * Last Night I Couldn't Get To Sleep At All * Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)

Chips Moman - * Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song * At The Dark End Of The Street * Do Right Woman, Do Right Man * Lukenbach, Texas * Wurlitzer Prize

Artie Resnick/Kenny Young - * Under The Boardwalk * I've Got Sand In My Shoes * One Kiss For Old Time's Sake * Good Lovin' * Just A Little Bit Better

Don Schlitz - * The Gambler * Forever And Ever, Amen * When You Say Nothing At All
* He Thinks He'll keep Her * On The Other Hand

P.F. Sloan/Steve Barri - * Secret Agent Man * Eve Of Destruction * Where Were You When I Needed You * You Baby (Nobody but You) * Can I Get to Know You Better

Jim Steinman - * I'd Do Anything For Love But I Won't Do That * Making Love Out Of Nothing At All * Paradise By The Dashboard Light * Total Eclipse Of The Heart * Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad

Paul Vance/Lee Pockriss - * Catch A Falling Star * Dommage Dommage * Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini * Playground In My Mind * She Lets Her Hair Down (Early In The Morning)

Performer/Songwriters
Elvis Costello - * Accidents Will Happen * Alison * Veronica * Pump It Up * Watching The Detectives

Dion DiMucci - * Born To Cry * Donna The Prima Donna * King Of The New York Streets
* Love Came To Me * Runaround Sue

Deborah Harry/Chris Stein (Blondie) - *Dreaming * Heart Of Glass * In The Flesh
* Rapture * One Way Or Another

Yusuf Islam (formerly Cat Stevens) - * Moonshadow * Morning Has Broken * Peace Train
* The First Cut Is The Deepest * Wild World

Annie Lennox/Dave Stewart - * Here Comes The Rain Again, * Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) * Would I Lie To You * Missionary Man * Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Gordon Lightfoot - * Carefree Highway * Early Morning Rain * If You Could Read My Mind * Sundown * Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald

George Michael - * Careless Whisper * Faith * Father Figure * I Want Your Sex * Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

Steve Miller -* Abracadabra * Fly Like An Eagle * Living In The USA * Take The Money And Run * The Joker

Lou Reed - * Dirty Boulevard * Heroin * Rock & Roll * Sweet Jane * Walk On The Wild Side

Bob Seger - * Like A Rock * Night Moves * Rock & Roll Never Forgets * Still The Same
* We've Got Tonight

Pete Townshend - * I Can See For Miles * Magic Bus * My Generation * See Me, Touch Me, Feel Me * Won't Get Fooled Again

Tom Waits -* Ol' 55 * Jersey Girl * (Looking For) The Heart Of Saturday Night * Innocent When You Dream * Downtown Train

About The Songwriters Hall of Fame:

The Songwriters Hall of Fame celebrates songwriters, educates the public with regard to their achievements, and produces a spectrum of professional programs devoted to the development of new songwriting talent through workshops, showcases and scholarships. There are fewer than 400 inductees who make up the impressive roster enshrined in the Hall of Fame. The list includes Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil, Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller, Eddie Holland, Lamont Dozier and Brian Holland, Albert Hammond, Desmond Child, Paul Williams, Hal David and Burt Bacharach, John Fogerty, Bob Dylan, Isaac Hayes and David Porter, Richard and Robert Sherman, Carole King, Paul Simon, Billy Joel, Sir Elton John, Bernie Taupin, Brian Wilson, James Taylor, James Brown, Bruce Springsteen, Curtis Mayfield, Jim Croce, Phil Collins, Alan and Marilyn Bergman, Loretta Lynn, Jimmy Webb, Van Morrison, Kris Kristofferson, Dolly Parton, Diane Warren, Garth Brooks, Allen Toussaint and Leonard Cohen among many others.

Full biographies and a complete list of inductees are available at the Songwriters Hall of Fame's Virtual Museum.
Join us! Our mission is to remember and honor our great songwriters while building our musical future through workshops, showcases and scholarships, along with the opportunity to vote for the next slate of inductees. Joining online is quick and easy.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2011, 16:41   #2
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Great news, hope he wins. There really is no one quite like Jimmy!
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2011, 16:50   #3
Sebastian.
Biggles

Good luck, Jim. He has written some masterpieces.
Sebastian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2011, 16:50   #4
Evil One
Mega Loafer

He won't go in. If the powers that be wanted Jim in the HOF then he'd already be in.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2011, 18:42   #5
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Hope Jim gets in
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2011, 19:04   #6
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
He won't go in. If the powers that be wanted Jim in the HOF then he'd already be in.
I've a feeling you may be right but really hope you're wrong
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2011, 21:41   #7
Fire Ball
Himself

Jimmy should be without a doubt in the HOF. It's a crime if he is not !!

Meat
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2011, 22:10   #8
A Slice Of English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post

Meat
Amen to that, brother!
A Slice Of English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2011, 22:14   #9
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Indeed. The greatest songwriter that has ever lived.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2011, 22:20   #10
juniper
Super Loafer

Quote:

Meat
I totally agree, this could be the year! Fingers crossed
juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 03:52   #11
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Fingers crossed, good luck Jimmy!!!
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 08:02   #12
Paul Richardson
Super Loafer

Jim should be in there for the sheer inventiveness of the songs. I mean FFS Diane Warren and Desmond Child are in there, which when you think about it is something of an insult to Jim.
Paul Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 16:33   #13
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer

Quote:

Meat
It's a crime that you're not in the RNR Hall too...

Hope Jimmy gets in the songwriters hall. Lou and Tom definitely deserve a place too. If he is inducted, I hope Jim attends the ceremony. Would be great to see him (assuming this is televised?)
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2011, 18:29   #14
Gracie
Super Loafer

Smile

That is great

I hope he does get in the HOF like Meat Loaf said would be a crime! if jim wasn't.
thanks for posting this All the best!
Gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2011, 15:29   #15
GDW
Super Loafer

He is already in the Hall Of Fame...Mine!!!!
GDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2011, 11:29   #16
Gracie
Super Loafer

and mine lol
Gracie is offline   Reply With Quote