mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 23 Nov 2012, 18:55   #1
RSG
Mega Loafer

Default Collaborations including Meat Loaf which you enjoy.

Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman when working together have had some stellar songs over the years. Meat Loaf vocals Jim Steinman songs

But I ask, which collaboration would be stellar. For example,

Rob Cavallo and Meat Loaf
Rick Brantley and Meat Loaf
Lil Jon and Meat Loaf

Difficult for me to just pick one. Jim Steinman and Meat Loaf are/is stellar.

But today when I was thinking about what would be an interesting post. I immediately think that a stellar collaboration is Meat Loaf and Paul Crook.

This is because of Crook's metal attitude. He's a hard working man. He's friendly. His work is crisp, if you will. Just awesome. A solid guitarist and producer imo

Always a Jim and Meat fan. And a Meat fan. And a Jim fan. Not sure if I can measure and compare today,

but Paul is the man.
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Dislikes This Post.
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 19:01   #2
A Slice Of English

Meat and Adele. She writes some cracking songs and I think she could easily write for Meat. Maybe not a duet as I'm not sure that would suit Meat's voice that well.
A Slice Of English is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 20:52   #3
Meat Loaf_fan
Super Loafer

Meat Loaf and Paul Jacobs
Why? Because I like 80's music, films ... almost everything ...

Meat Loaf and Paul Crook
Why? Because I like this duet even more (than the duo above). They could bring music something new and fresh, but with passion and emotions.
Meat Loaf_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 21:10   #4
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Paul has certainly brough a more metal edge to Meat's work since joining the band, and HIHB was a great album, so I think his increasing envolvement has been a good thing.

As for Lil Jon, when I win the lottery i'm going to pay a group of ex special op mercenaries to do a special job.
They will sneak into Meat's house, and into Lil Jon's in the dead of night. Once there they will sew very powerful magnets into the seams of every pair of underpants they can find. This will ensure that Meat and Lil Jon are kept at opposite ends of the planet at all times
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 01:36   #5
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

Meat Loaf and Rob Cavallo for me.
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2012, 04:36   #6
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Meat Loaf and John Parr. Besides RNRM he also helped write some songs on 'Bad Attitude'.

YouTube Video

Speaking of 'Bad Attitude', howsabout ML & Roger Daltry?

YouTube Video

Speaking of the same era. ML & Bob Kulick:

YouTube Video

And this goes without saying, but ML & Patti Russo:

YouTube Video
Evil Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 20:47   #7
CarylB
Mega Loafer

For me Meat and Rob Cavallo, because it was Rob who finally gave Meat the freedom to do whatever he wanted to do and we got HCTB, and a Meat invigorated with a renewed and passionate creativity, and a new fire in his soul

And Paul, for his genius on the guitar, and what I sense is his producing rock to Meat, as well as his creative flair and understanding. When he explains what he's done and his reasons for doing it I think .. you know exactly what this fan wants to hear
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 Nov 2012, 11:06   #8
mib
Medium/Paranormal Investigator

For me it's Rob cavallo too. HCTB was was fresh approach.
mib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2012, 23:08   #9
RSG
Mega Loafer

Should note that Mr. Flowers also has had some stellar contributions w/ Meat. Acoustic 2outta3 intro, The solo before Testify (live) just to name a couple of many. Everyone does their part fantastic (to say the least) in the NLE. A little more material involving Danny on bass and I say aw yeah

Haven't heard Guilty Pleasure Tour DVD, so looking forward to seeing that soon!
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 30 Nov 2012, 13:37   #10
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
For me Meat and Rob Cavallo, because it was Rob who finally gave Meat the freedom to do whatever he wanted to do and we got HCTB, and a Meat invigorated with a renewed and passionate creativity, and a new fire in his soul

And Paul, for his genius on the guitar, and what I sense is his producing rock to Meat, as well as his creative flair and understanding. When he explains what he's done and his reasons for doing it I think .. you know exactly what this fan wants to hear

All due credit to all that Meat has worked with in the past. They have all done a job that borders on credible to incredible. However, the only one who has helped Meat gain chart success and a lasting imprint on rock and roll is Jim Steinman.
Even Meat has said he would drop everything to work with Jim again. Meat and Jim together set a very high standard that no one has come close to duplicating.
So in my opinion this is the one and only collaboration that will really do Meat justice.
I have to note how impressive Paul Crook was in the production with HIAB and it does make me wonder what kind of an album it would be if Jim and Meat did work together and brought Paul into the production as well.
My guess would be unbelievable...
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 06 Dec 2012, 03:20   #11
Batwings
Junior Loafer

Rob Cavallo and Ellen Foley....bliss
Batwings is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.