Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 24 Jan 2011, 00:57   #176
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Richardson View Post
Caryl, I have to say I agree completely.
At least Patti is only 15 -20 years younger I noticed though they've stopped doing the make out scene in Paradise and rely on the big screen video of past performances instead - Meat shouldn't have listened to the critics on that score.
Well that's, imo, not an unusual age difference anyway, and we don't know that Meat bowed to critics' pressure. He likes to change the routine in Paradise and they were using screen images throughout the set.

Not sure why those who don't like my style of reviews or my wholehearted support of Meat feel the need to express shock when they agree with me I'm an intelligent woman, so it's bound to happen

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2011, 01:09   #177
Paul Richardson
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Well that's, imo, not an unusual age difference anyway, and we don't know that Meat bowed to critics' pressure.
I'm guessing based on 'In Search Of Paradise' where Meat and Aspen decided to just watch the make out scene on the Paradise video, and then on the latest tour all we were left with was just the video. 2 and 2 and all that, but I don't think I'm necessarily wrong

Quote:
Not sure why those who don't like my style of reviews or my wholehearted support of Meat feel the need to express shock when they agree with me.
Well, yes, sometimes - I think we all here do wholeheartedly support Meat - just in our own ways...

Last edited by Paul Richardson; 24 Jan 2011 at 01:18.
Paul Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2011, 02:24   #178
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

How did I miss the fact that La Toya would be part of this ?!
Awesome !!
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2011, 02:51   #179
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
He likes to change the routine in Paradise and they were using screen images throughout the set.
Exactly ... but for the additional shows here in the USA this winter, they don't have the bigger screens or blowup doll. Meat and Patti have gone back to the traditional makeout scene, which is always fun to watch
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2011, 02:55   #180
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickip View Post
Exactly ... but for the additional shows here in the USA this winter, they don't have the bigger screens or blowup doll. Meat and Patti have gone back to the traditional makeout scene, which is always fun to watch
Ah interesting.

I found it weird that Meat didn't drop this with Aspen in 06/07 as I thought it would be quite obvious that it would cause controversy due to the age difference and aspen looking like a 16 year old (she still does and seems to act it at times too!) yet Meat did drop it last year with Patti whilst he is actually looking fitter/younger/happier himself on this tour.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2011, 02:58   #181
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Ah interesting.

I found it weird that Meat didn't drop this with Aspen in 06/07 as I thought it would be quite obvious that it would cause controversy due to the age difference and aspen looking like a 16 year old (she still does and seems to act it at times too!) yet Meat did drop it last year with Patti whilst he is actually looking fitter/younger/happier himself on this tour.
Yeah but he's been making out with Patti this year, so its all good
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2011, 00:52   #182
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Ah interesting.

emmmmm!!!! Mick Jagger? Rod Stewart?
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2011, 00:54   #183
nikox1
Mega Loafer

hes done the show, lets move on already
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2011, 14:01   #184
ForeverInBat
Loafer

Default Aspen Abuse!

Quote:
Ah interesting.

aspen looking like a 16 year old (she still does and seems to act it at times too!)
What pisses me off is the abuse that Aspen gets from alot of people on here.

Yes we all love Patti, yes she is amazing, yes she has great charisma, yes she works fantastic with Meat Loaf, no one can deny she is the best female vocalist to work with Meat.

But why the hell does Aspen get a pasting on here by some people. I recieved a facebook msg from Aspen shortly after she left the band, stating that she was deeply hurt by the comments made by folk on here and by the press. All she ever did was try to win over the fans. She knew she would never be able to overcome Patti's legacy, but she worked her ass off to please, and for what,,,, that girl deserves a fu@%ing medal for at least taking the job on and trying it.

Aspen was superb, brought a freshness to the band, for me, it was going stale, a few changes had to be made, same old paradise routines, same old same old, when Aspen came in, things changed, Bat 3 tour will always be my favourite, IACBTMN with Aspen was out of this world,

I hope she doesnt read the stupid and childish comments that yu lot make!
ForeverInBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2011, 14:23   #185
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Ok folks, can we get back on topic please, since I know it was not about who Meat's backing singers have been and what reaction they have received.
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote