mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Closed Thread

Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:24   #101
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

I agree with both Musicman and Pud

Steve Buslowe, Pat Thrall etc have all had their time in the Neverland Express and all gone on to different things. Why shouldn't Patti be any different, especially when she has the fantastic talent that she does. The way some are talking it's like someone has died.

It's been rumoured for ages about her doing an album, maybe finally she will be able to.

Good luck to her she deserves the success that she gets in the future.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:27   #102
Mike Piercy
cat out of hell

A recent RVM magazine interview gave a very interesting version of how Buslowe and others left the band.

I just hope any parting was amicable in the Patti case.

Last edited by Mike Piercy; 16 Sep 2006 at 15:32.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:48   #103
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

When it's a band with no 'Artist' and people leave then more of a fuss is made over it and rightly so because generally the success the band has acheived has been worked at together.

When it's an 'Artist' no one really notices that much about the line up other then the star performer (the one the fans really go to see)

I mean, Sheryl Crow was a backing singer/dancer for Michael Jackson on the BAD tour and there was no clamour, from his fans, for her to remain with his backing group whenever she left.

Sometimes performers can get complacent. I'm sure Ms Russo loves singing with Meat Loaf and the reaction that it brings, but at the same time singing the same songs 500 times, the same way, can make people want another challenge.

She'll survive, Meat Loaf will survive.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:49   #104
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

YouTube Video
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:50   #105
Sapphire Lady
Mega Loafer

Very sad to hear this news but wish Patti all the very best for her future projects.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:51   #106
Gez
Knicker thief

I met Patti at the SECC and she was just fab!!

Such a talent on stage...........oh why
Old 16 Sep 2006, 16:28   #107
sunneke
Mega Loafer

Patti has left the band..... wondering who else???????????
Old 16 Sep 2006, 16:31   #108
Leah
Mega Loafer

What makes you think others have left?
Old 16 Sep 2006, 16:32   #109
sunneke
Mega Loafer

I don't know... patti has left, perhaps meat starts all over again??? just thinking, nothing heard, or seen somewhere!!! So NO rumour, just thinking!!!!!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 16:36   #110
Leah
Mega Loafer

Hey thats ok! I just wondered thats all
I still can't believe patti's left
Old 16 Sep 2006, 16:41   #111
sunneke
Mega Loafer

neither do i Leah, but knowing meat, he will find somebody who can do the job!!!! And Patti has been performing for such a long time with him, that it's difficult for us te see somebody else performing at RAH. But what ever happens at RAH .... as beeing a fan, i will be openminded to the new one! It's not fair and not done to say now: she will not be good enough! She won't be Patti, there's just one Patti!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 16:46   #112
mszee
Mega Loafer

Well, this is all that I wanted to say...sending e-mail "I've left the band" will call for all kinds of rumors and speculations...especially seeing how this is a fan forum and open for discussion.

I just wish that this kind of announcement was made in a more professional and informative way...AFTER things were thought through...maybe an official announcement...maybe saying farewell at Albert Hall...that's all...

At the end of the day I am not blaming anybody and wishing everybody lots of luck...
Old 16 Sep 2006, 16:51   #113
sunneke
Mega Loafer

i agree mszee, and i think that all the fans wish they could say goodbye to Patti in a more personal way. Thats i think the big shock to a lot of us.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:08   #114
Mike Piercy
cat out of hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszee View Post
Well, this is all that I wanted to say...sending e-mail "I've left the band" will call for all kinds of rumors and speculations...especially seeing how this is a fan forum and open for discussion.

I just wish that this kind of announcement was made in a more professional and informative way...AFTER things were thought through...maybe an official announcement...maybe saying farewell at Albert Hall...that's all...

At the end of the day I am not blaming anybody and wishing everybody lots of luck...
The rumours and speculation were rife before Patti's e-mail. Patti should not have had to do it but she was right to let us know ... as you say why was there no official comment? Professional announcements should be the work of the management involved and not Patti's responsibility. Maybe they were hoping everyone turned up to the RAH and realised then thereby reducing the fuss.

I'm very suspicious. Patti was relegated to a lesser song on the album.

I met a number of people on the last tour who felt Patti had carried many of the vocals. Whatever the view it will never be the same again.

Meat's Bat III song choice is perfect ....

"The future ain't what it used to be"

Mike
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:09   #115
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

In some ways I agree with Pud, and some others here. Sure Patti was good, really good, but Meat has had other singing partners in the past, and they have left also, life does go on. Maybe this wasn't geat timing, but if Meat didn't have anyone lined up for RAH, don't ya think he would have asked Patti to stay for at least that concert. People come and go all the time, this isn't anything new, and the reason for her leaving is personal, it could have come to some point in Patti's life, that she may want to settle down at home abit, not all this extensive, tiring touring. And an official announcement to us won't change anything either. This is a Meat Loaf album, and coming tour. The only people who really know Patti, are real Meat fans, alot of Joe public, just see her as the girl who Meat Loaf sings with, so an announcement means nothing really. Maybe she has decided it's time for her to spread her wings, and do her own thing.

All the best Patti, and good luck in the future.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:18   #116
Dick
Super Loafer

thing is tho. singers and band members have come and gone. alot of them never really going on to anything overly major, they just kinda slip away. The fans and the public knew patti, but not as the girl Meat sings with. They knew her for her outstanding voice and talent. joe public will know when shes not there, if they cant see it they will hear it. i tell you. i think alot of public people will be shocked
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:24   #117
PrissLoaf
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 View Post
I wish Patti all the luck in the world. I was very upset yesterday hearing the news for the first time but I will support her in whatever path she chooses,
I agree. Patti is a phenomenal talent. And I wish her only success and happiness. She deserves it.

But this still breaks my (selfish) heart.

Love you, Patti...xo
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:25   #118
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Obviously very sad news, but you guys have left me a little confused, I must say...

I truely don't understand this "who's to blame?!", "how could she do this to us?" attitude?? Patti's been amazing with Meat and it's gonna take one hell of a woman to step up to the mark, but at the end of the day it's a career move whether we like it or not - how many people get a job and stick with it until their dying day?! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, and this obviously is what's right for Patti at this time in her life.

Patti, thank you for an unforgettable 13 years and i wish you every happiness!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:27   #119
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
thing is tho. singers and band members have come and gone. alot of them never really going on to anything overly major, they just kinda slip away. The fans and the public knew patti, but not as the girl Meat sings with. They knew her for her outstanding voice and talent. joe public will know when shes not there, if they cant see it they will hear it. i tell you. i think alot of public people will be shocked
But Joe Public don't really know her that well, because she hasn't really had the chance to shine on her own, and put that voice to really good use. You mention the name Patti Russo to a non Meat fan, they will go "who"?

Maybe she wants to do her own thing at last and now is the time to do it.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:32   #120
PrissLoaf
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrapper View Post
This is a "tribute footage" to Patti from mimi from the batland
thank you for the link :)
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:42   #121
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva View Post
Of course I can compare Patti's departure with that of Steven Buslow, he was many many years the musical director of the band and he had a HUGE bunch of fans as well!!

...and we will see and hear who is going to be the lead female vocalist in time, I am sure!!

Please do stop all this asking and complaining now! I think all this is new to Patti, to Meat and all the band members.
We should give them a little bit more time!!

Think about if you were Patti: Wouldn't all that asking and complaining hurt you??

Eva
didn't Pat Thrall leave without a word as well Eva?... the first NLE i knew was... Steve & Pat... i remember when my husband saw the new incarnation of NLE he asked even though he's far from a Meat fan.. "where's my boy?".. meaning Pat... he really liked him....

and i agree with you Eva.. this may be new for Meat and Patti and they may be discussing behind the scenes how to deal with it.. i see Meat's already been here today a couple times... and that's early in the morning whereEVER he is... East or West USA coast.. as i'm assuming he's back in the States... my other thought on it is... wasn't it announced that there would be special surprise guests at RAH...?.. here's hoping that it WILL be Patti... so she can be given the proper send off she deserves...

i can't for the life of me think who could fill her shoes.. she's magnificent and perfect playing off Meat... but... i trust in Meat.. so ... there ya go.. i'll wait and see how it all plays out...

best of luck to Patti... hope she'll release a cd... i think she's great...

t...
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:44   #122
R.
You dig.

I have to say that I'm a little bit irritated about the direction this thread is taking and Lucy's post below sums everything up pretty good for me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy! View Post
Obviously very sad news, but you guys have left me a little confused, I must say...

I truely don't understand this "who's to blame?!", "how could she do this to us?" attitude?? Patti's been amazing with Meat and it's gonna take one hell of a woman to step up to the mark, but at the end of the day it's a career move whether we like it or not - how many people get a job and stick with it until their dying day?! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, and this obviously is what's right for Patti at this time in her life.

Patti, thank you for an unforgettable 13 years and i wish you every happiness!
For me it seems very wrong for anyone to be making assumptions, and no-one should be demanding official statements for something which, like it or not, is none of our business.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:51   #123
RadioMaster
The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunneke View Post
neither do i Leah, but knowing meat, he will find somebody who can do the job!!!! And Patti has been performing for such a long time with him, that it's difficult for us te see somebody else performing at RAH. But what ever happens at RAH .... as beeing a fan, i will be openminded to the new one! It's not fair and not done to say now: she will not be good enough! She won't be Patti, there's just one Patti!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mszee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayd View Post
But Joe Public don't really know her that well, because she hasn't really had the chance to shine on her own, and put that voice to really good use. You mention the name Patti Russo to a non Meat fan, they will go "who"?

Maybe she wants to do her own thing at last and now is the time to do it.
I agree. To all three comments.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:52   #124
Alex
Ooh weee ooOOoh!

It's a strange day, I never thought that Lucy would be the rolemodel for us all (love ya really! ) - but that day has come! She says the truth!

I'll look forward to seeing what Patti's gets involved in and of course, who the 'next Patti' is. As she'll always be Meat's backing singer whom all others are compared with. :)
Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:13   #125
TravisWRedfish
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
Why? Perhaps Patti is doing exactly what Patti wants to do...finally.

It's amazing me how selfish some people are, because they're certainly not thinking about what's in the best interest for Patti but more what's in the best interest for themselves.

Pud

I couldn't disagree more. I think most people who want Patti back are thinking of Meat Loaf without Patti Russo. I can't even begin to imagine how much this is going to affect the group, because with as big a fanbase as Patti Russo has gotten, I guarantee you once the news gets around, sales of Meat's concerts will fall off pretty drastically, as well as CD sales. If in fact this is a career move on Patti's part, then more power to her. She deserves a great future. However, someone at Meat's camp should've made a public statement stating how Patti has decided to move on. Perhaps this would've helped the fans in dealing with the issue that Patti will no longer be in the group. As it stands now alot of fans will be speculating on why Patti has actually decided to leave, and once the shock sets in, many may decide not to follow a Meat group that doesn't include Patti. I, for one, have already decided I no longer have a "need" to see Meat in concert...not without Patti anyway. The duets are just too big a part of the show, and Patti was his perfect partner, regardless of who is picked to replace her, the experience will never be the same...Like I said, Patti has a fanbase now and with her leaving, I'm sure alot of the fans will leave with her. The Meat Loaf experience will NEVER be the same without Patti Russo. Good luck Patti, and good luck to you too Meat...I know this won't be easy, especially with the Bat 3 release coming soon, followed by the Bat 3 tour. I really wish you both the best.
Closed Thread