Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickip View Post
Thanks!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2010, 22:57   #128
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

This has turned out to be a really great show! Marcella and Bernie are stunningly good. Meat is very funny, and the other judges seem to be getting used to him now :)

What I also like is the viewers seem to be actually voting for the best singers, and not the sexiest / funniest / most commercial as per Pop Idol, X Factor etc.

Can't wait to see if Meat gets to sing, especially Opera and / or (preferably AND of course) something from the new album!
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Feb 2010, 12:53   #129
K1ttycat
Super Loafer

Location:  Orig. from Milwaukee, WI now in Cheadle Hulme,ENG for 21 years

Once again, I enjoyed Friday's show. Marcella was amazing and she seems to be the most competitive and determined contestant to win. It was sad to see Jimmy go, though. I thought he performed 100 times better than the previous week. Meat was as great and funny as ever...hope he sings soon! :)
K1ttycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Feb 2010, 14:16   #130
carole
Mega Loafer

Thanks Vicki and Anji. I'm really loving Meat's comments.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 01:58   #131
roomster
Super Loafer

Like a spat out of hell
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...itchmarsh.html
roomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 02:37   #132
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Ha! Drama on Popstar. Well, whatever gets the viewers to tune in. Meat will make the cover of the Sun yet. Meanwhile, the tale of the tape was hilarious.
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 02:51   #133
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomster View Post
Well .. firstly it's the Sun ...

And secondly, Meat does get invited to comment less, and AT did cut him off. And then the critics wonder why he gives short graphic soundbites? If he doesn't crowbar a pithy sentence in fast he'd hardly be heard at all!

They don't get Meat's humour .. don't get him at all. I wish we'd seen him hold up a "Protest" .. that would have been funny :) .. and the oldest hack trick in the world is "a source" ..

As for the so-called "feud" on the Paul O'Grady show .. I don't know where they got this, or more likely decided to create it from. I was in the front row for that show, and there was nothing front of house for that assertion to be justified (And I can't imagine Meat inviting them backstage! .. )

Guess they're still holding a grudge from not being allowed into the Bat Caves!

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 10:32   #134
AndyK
Relentless

Hmmm, ratings not as high as we'd hoped for the show and 200 000+ down on the previous week? I know lets make up a story and generate some press coverage to see if that gets us more viewers now that Celebrity Big Brother isn't on another channel at the same time ...

Cynical me?
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 11:24   #135
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
Hmmm, ratings not as high as we'd hoped for the show and 200 000+ down on the previous week? I know lets make up a story and generate some press coverage to see if that gets us more viewers now that Celebrity Big Brother isn't on another channel at the same time ...

Cynical me?
Some say cycnics see the world as it really is Andy

If the "source" exists you're probably right .. .. I wonder whether Meat was a willing, even knowing sacrifice to ratings fodder, though no doubt he will take it with his customary humour ..

Caryl
Old 03 Feb 2010, 13:48   #136
dukesofhazard
Super Loafer

So Meat won't be appearing as a guest on Titchmarsh's chat show then?!

I can believe that Meat did do the sign they claim he did, but find it more likely that it wasn't serious and AT doesn't know how to take a joke!
dukesofhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 14:45   #137
nikox1
Mega Loafer

its the sun after all? but if my thinking is correct, meats made the sun at least once a week since the show started, free promo from the sun
alan boringmarsh is a ~~~~ anyway!! with cbb over the ratings should hit the 4.3 - 4.5m mark again!
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 16:13   #138
Evil One
Mega Loafer

But free promo is no good if Meat ends up looking like a dick.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 17:08   #139
Bubbles
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
But free promo is no good if Meat ends up looking like a dick.
have to agree here....a friend came over yesterday to watch it (because of McFly's Danny ) and although I told her Meat really, really is not like that normally, she found his remarks rather embarassing......and she had a point there.
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 18:01   #140
Paul191
Mega Loafer

Well I think Meat's remarks are great. I sat down to watch it a couple of weeks ago with my girlfriend and a couple of mates (boring night in, I know!) and we all roared with laughter every time Meat made a comment. We all think he's really funny.
Paul191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 22:18   #141
MeatLoafFanRay
Super Loafer

Default Meat Loaf and Alan Titchmarsh's unlikely feud

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/blog/article/400280/

I found this earlier today I had noticed the way they had been favoring the other judges over Meat on Popstar to Operastar. Meat has every right to be annoyed imo.
MeatLoafFanRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 23:48   #142
CarylB
Mega Loafer

That's just a rehash of the Sun's article of course. It's true that Meat doesn't get equal time to comment, but the suggestion in the article that he's not able to ride that particular issue is insulting imo .. I think if he wrote "Protest" it was more likely to be meant in humour.

I don't find his short comments (which are full of imagery and to me convey eactly what he'd like to give as feedback but in just a few words) in the least "embarassing" .. they're point on, amusing and entertaining, which is after all the reason he's on the show.

But I also agree that not all publicity is great .. not when the Sun insinuates Meat isn't more than professional enough to deal with the restrictions imposed on his input. I have watched the show each week and he is nothing but good humoured .. to suggest he's waging some kind of petulant war with Titchmarsh is rude .. entirely worthy of the Sun of course .. but inappropriate nonetheless. And if it was used by the programme makers to generate publicity to help hike the ratings as Andy wondered .. shame on them

Caryl
Old 04 Feb 2010, 18:36   #143
K1ttycat
Super Loafer

Darius is currently online chatting about the show....I've just submitted some Meat questions of course..lol...will post if I get a reply! :)
Old 04 Feb 2010, 19:00   #144
K1ttycat
Super Loafer

Well, none of my comments were included in the chat BUT they did promote a Popstar to Operstar group on Facebook where you can become a fan. I did and there is a discussion on their regarding Meat as a critic. One guy really has it out for him....if you are on Facebook you may want to join....don't know if this works, but link is....http://www.facebook.com/poptoopera?v=wall and then go under discussions.

K.
Old 04 Feb 2010, 19:07   #145
Bubbles
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ttycat View Post
Well, none of my comments were included in the chat BUT they did promote a Popstar to Operstar group on Facebook where you can become a fan. I did and there is a discussion on their regarding Meat as a critic. One guy really has it out for him....if you are on Facebook you may want to join....don't know if this works, but link is....http://www.facebook.com/poptoopera?v=wall and then go under discussions.

K.
i find it very interesting what they say there - thanks
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2010, 02:01   #146
roomster
Super Loafer

Like McFly out of Hell
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Loaf-duet.html
roomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2010, 19:07   #147
Benny
Massive Loafer

Never liked Alan

Marcella to win!
Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2010, 23:48   #148
daveake
200% is the new 110%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
They don't get Meat's humour .. don't get him at all. I wish we'd seen him hold up a "Protest" .. that would have been funny :)
Then I hope you watched this evening's show, where he held up a pre-printed "Protest" sheet. Certainly didn't look like he was being funny to me.

Dave
daveake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2010, 00:35   #149
lisa01
Super Loafer

Default popstar to operastar

I thought tonights show was really good i loved kym and bernnie i cant belive next week is semi finale week
lisa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2010, 00:48   #150
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveake View Post
Then I hope you watched this evening's show, where he held up a pre-printed "Protest" sheet. Certainly didn't look like he was being funny to me.

Dave
Indeed I did; wouldn't miss it .. and the fact it was pre-printed in line with the Sun story is precisely why I think he was being funny .. and that deadpan expression he often has when he's making a point .. "Oh yes, this is for you Alan .. " Imo one he was making to the Sun .. he can read .. indeed they all can, and it was noticeable that AT was at pains to invite Meat in for each performer and give him time to make more comment .. despite the fact they've cut the show to an hour now there are less acts.

Caryl