Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 04 Sep 2018, 10:36   #201
ajf33
Senior Loafer

I did yesterday stumble across a comment from Paul on Facebook, that suggests the reason is the band has really only been known as the Neverland Express in Europe, and in the states it's always been the Neverland Band. Not sure if this is true or just to get round copyright issues, without saying there are copyright issues!
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Sep 2018, 14:00   #202
JennaG
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Such a shame .net never became a sort of historical hub that could have included all tour dates, photos from these concerts and setlists etc.

There is such a wealth of info that could have been collected into one place. Song lyrics. Info on each album: release dates, chart positions etc.

Instead all that information is spread across fan sites and they mostly will be gone in 10-15 years time I'm guessing.
It will only be Wikipedia and some YouTube videos from then on.

It's a shame because I think there is a need for that kind of information but I notice a lot less fan sites being around these days than there were when I started tinkering with website design. I think social media has, to a degree, taken over but they're just not as set up for being a go-to reference point for the historical stuff.
JennaG is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Sep 2018, 19:56   #203
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaG View Post
It's a shame because I think there is a need for that kind of information but I notice a lot less fan sites being around these days than there were when I started tinkering with website design. I think social media has, to a degree, taken over but they're just not as set up for being a go-to reference point for the historical stuff.
Yes .. and websites cost to set up and need maintaining, while FB is free to anyone who wants to set up a fan group .. but these are woefully lacking in any way of providing access to any but immediate information.

Something else too imo is that sites run by "professional" companies like the ones Meat has used ever since the old ML OIFC just don't have the interest and commitment to provide any kind of historical and comprehensive resource .. they certainly haven't shown it in the case of those he's paid anyway
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2018, 00:13   #204
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf33 View Post
I did yesterday stumble across a comment from Paul on Facebook, that suggests the reason is the band has really only been known as the Neverland Express in Europe, and in the states it's always been the Neverland Band. Not sure if this is true or just to get round copyright issues, without saying there are copyright issues!
Knew I wasn't imagining it, on the fb Paul Crook page, under a video promoting
one of the dates is the following exchange -

Robert Coop - Neverland band? What happened to the neverland express?
Paul Crook

Paul Crook Great question... People outside of the UK/ EU don't know the NEVERLAND EXPRESS so we use the NEVERLAND BAND for marketing here in the USA.
Old 05 Sep 2018, 00:54   #205
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf33 View Post
I'm in the US and I have heard Meat refer to the band as Neverland Express quite a few times at shows but he rarely plays in my part of the US. I suppose being a superfan makes it more recognizable to me. I doubt the average US person recognizes Neverland Band any more than Express.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 06 Sep 2018, 00:07   #206
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

I don't buy Paul's answer tbh. The band is referred to as the Neverland Express on DVDs, CDs and tour programmes in the US and well as the UK/EU...
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 06 Sep 2018, 00:58   #207
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

And in spite of all that advertisement, there are still some out there who think Meat Loaf is the name of the band and not just the lead singer, or who just refer to them as "Meat Loaf and his backup musicians"...
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 22 Sep 2018, 07:53   #208
anotherday
Super Loafer

Kicks off in just under a week! Is anyone going to any of the shows?
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2018, 12:24   #209
nightinr
Super Loafer

Just watched some clips from YouTube. The band look completely disinterested and Calebs voice is suprisingly weak. And as for the woman singer.....

Please stop this awful experiment immediately.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Dislikes This Post.
Old 29 Sep 2018, 18:32   #210
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Just watched some clips from YouTube. The band look completely disinterested and Calebs voice is suprisingly weak. And as for the woman singer.....

Please stop this awful experiment immediately.
Can't seem to find any myself. You sure you were watching the correct show?
Old 29 Sep 2018, 18:35   #211
anotherday
Super Loafer

Cian is also the same one who toured with Meat the past two tours. To call her "the woman singer" is an insult to her.
Old 29 Sep 2018, 19:53   #212
MarkS
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post
Can't seem to find any myself. You sure you were watching the correct show?
I've only seen one, it was paradise, but caleb seemed to be very much going through the motions. It makes you realize how much meat puts in a performance.
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2018, 22:04   #213
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

YouTube Video

^ Clip of "Paradise" from one of the first shows.

We give Meat a lot -- a lot -- of leeway when he's having an off night. Let's cut them at least as much slack for this being one of the first shows. The kid's gotta hit his stride in the acting department, to which he is (let's not forget) new. When you've never acted this scene before, it's hard to determine how far you can go (no pun intended) without making the other person uncomfortable. It needs a little more rehearsal, that's all.

Pluses? The vocals are fantastic (in spite of the sound mix being poorly reflected in the video), the band is cooking, and the music is exactly as I remember it.

Would I fix things? Yeah; I'd rehearse Caleb and Cian from an acting standpoint a little more, and I frankly think it needs Dave on sax and at least one other female vocalist in the background for a fuller sound from the band. Also, I really miss the classic Phil Rizzuto play-by-play. But for the most part, I think they're nailing it.

Last edited by letsgotoofar; 29 Sep 2018 at 22:44.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 29 Sep 2018, 22:30   #214
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Don't think that YT link is embedded right, but I found it anyway.

It actually sounds quite decent.

Other than Cian's tiny skirt it all looks a bit meh at the moment, but that is based on the video. Perhaps for Paradise they need to just add a different jacket for Caleb and some nicer brighter clothing for Cian to make it more fun. Some props can do wonders for the show I always think. Some type of tearaway dress that Patti had at some point was fun too.
Not a terrible start, surely?

But sure I understand the sentiment about it not being so easy to fill Meat's shoes. Regardless of voice the stage presence was usually just out of this world with Meat.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 29 Sep 2018, 22:46   #215
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Don't think that YT link is embedded right, but I found it anyway.
I tried to fix it, hope it works now, but I gotta say, the embedded YouTube videos haven't been working for me for a while. (Latest version of Chrome, Windows 10, if any of that matters.)
Old 30 Sep 2018, 15:41   #216
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Other than Cian's tiny skirt it all looks a bit meh at the moment. Some type of tearaway dress that Patti had at some point was fun too.
I can see that going down real well in the #metoo era ...
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2018, 00:26   #217
NightAngel
Loafer

Have to disagree with some of the comments.. watching some of the footage.. they've all done it proud. No one will ever be Meat.. however as a fan of ML and the band.. I am proud of them and what they are doing.

Can't wait to catch a show.
NightAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 01 Oct 2018, 00:50   #218
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

I've just watched the paradise video

I enjoyed it, good job to all involved

who was on bass guitar?
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 01 Oct 2018, 01:09   #219
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

It was ok.
Which is the worst way you could ever describe a Jim Steinman song.
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Dislikes This Post.
Old 01 Oct 2018, 11:26   #220
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Bat Out Of Hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsIEZVtoI2Q
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Oct 2018, 11:36   #221
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Paradise, I see they're keeping in the make out scene during the play by play section!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdPvloFITZs
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Oct 2018, 16:26   #222
Meat Loaf_fan
Super Loafer

Caleb Johnson is not Meat, but he is very good singer. His ability to sing Meat's songs is amazing. Good job!

PS. Plus - we have band (Neverland Express) together once again. Great!
Meat Loaf_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Oct 2018, 18:06   #223
anotherday
Super Loafer

I don't think anyone was expecting Caleb to be Meat, TBH.
I think people are just going through a bit of shock as this is the first time we've seen anyone other than Meat with the NLE in concert.
Caleb is not Meat, he doesn't have the acting chops that Meat does. We aren't expecting him to be everything Meat is. But what he IS doing, is keeping this music alive until Meat can return for one final bow.

Thats all anyone can ask for at this point, and we're damn lucky we have this.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 02 Oct 2018, 00:15   #224
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
who was on bass guitar?
Per the website, they are joined on this leg of the tour by special guest musician Nick Dimichino, who also plays bass for the multi-platinum selling band Nine Days.

(In the website's promotional artwork showcasing head shots of the members of the band, he seems to have replaced Steve Buslowe, along with the notation that the alumni lineup is subject to change with each tour leg and that special guest musicians may appear as well.)
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 02 Oct 2018, 00:29   #225
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

cheers for the info

Steve Buslowe was among my very favourites of the NLE, such a joy to watch and listen to performing.
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.