mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:28   #76
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
LMAO ...men have a one track mind lol.
Says the woman who was concerned about a blokes haircut

Quote:
She will definitely be missed and what I was really trying to say was there are a certain percentage of us who in a way are grieving over this. And sometimes the only way to get past this is to talk about it. As long as it stays civil as RJ said. I totally undertsand for others they would rather move on, but then they have the option to not read it lol.
Couldn't agree more ... most of my initial post came from a "devils advocate" point of view, sort of thinking out loud trying to decide if I really do want to or need to know why Patti is no longer part of the NLE ... and I'm still in two minds about that, I'm in touch with my feminine side, so obviously am nosey enough to want to know out of curiosity ... if anyone alludes to the fact that there's something secret out there then it's human nature to wonder what it is isn't it? But I also understand that perhaps whatever the reason is makes it a good enough reason that it should never be known publicly.

As stated as long as the topic remains civil and steers clear of too much "speculation" then all is as good as can be.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:35   #77
Deb
Mega Loafer

I'm more than happy with Randys hair as it is lol, but there's a few who aren't and i'm sure they'd love Patti to get her hands on it and cut it lol
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:37   #78
AndyK
Relentless

should I bring my clippers with me in a few weeks?
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:38   #79
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
You do nails too????
mszee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:39   #80
Deb
Mega Loafer

[QUOTE=mszee;365523]

However, it appears to me that if no disclosure came from either camp as of now, it is no longer forthcoming. Obviously, both sides decided that it is between them and nobody else.
QUOTE]

I disagree Having read Patti's blogs, I'd say she says a lot without actually saying a lot Patti's blog is a very public place.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:39   #81
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
No, leave his hair alone
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:48   #82
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I disagree Having read Patti's blogs, I'd say she says a lot without actually saying a lot Patti's blog is a very public place.
I am sure it's true where Patti's personal blog is concerned...but I was talking more about public announcement...which, unless there are some unusual circumstances, is usually made here and expected by public precisely because silence breeds speculations and rumors.

Neither did I see even any kind of rumors/speculations anywhere here either...which I find rather interesting since people here LOVE sensations...

By "here" I mean press of America...
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:52   #83
citydweller
Loafer

This is is also a very different and exciting time in the music industry. With the internet, discussion forums, band websites, and myspace blogs, fans today have an incredibly intimate relationship with the artists they love. Patti didn't disappear. We've been watching her progress for the last year, listened as her own music began to emerge, and read about her ups and downs on her personal blog. She's responded directly to her fans, showed her appreciation for their support, and been more accessible than she's ever been before. I think it's partly this connection to her that has many fans still caring very much for her and how she was treated, what specifically led to her departure, and how best to go about helping her achieve the success many want for her to have.

Many concert goers never read the boards or at least follow these things so closely. Changes in the band line-up may be mere casual observations to them. But for those who do care, they care very much about Patti, and about every member of the band. When other members left, if the opportunity and accessibility presented itself, I would guess similar questions would have been asked.

The question isn't really whether or not knowing why SHOULD make a difference, but instead it's about recognizing that it did and there is now a very noticable split between the camps.
citydweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:57   #84
RadioMaster
The German

Another thing we should keep in mind is that line ups of backing bands change all the time, and it's rather unusual for one single person to have such a huge impact that the fans speculate about their leaving even a year after it actually happened.
I mean, can anyone tell all the members ever been part of the Rolling Stones? lol (and they are a "proper" band!)

Half the discussion here is missing the point IMO. This is not THAT she left (as several people said this is usual business for band members to leave) or if she's missed, but WHY she left. As it happened in this mysterious way, which is (correct me if I'm wrong) NOT the usual way.
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 17:00   #85
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post

Half the discussion here is missing the point IMO. This is not THAT she left (as several people said this is usual business for band members to leave) or if she's missed, but WHY she left. As it happened in this mysterious way, which is (correct me if I'm wrong) NOT the usual way.

Precisely my point...usually something comes up like...Left to pursue other interests...and then in tabloids you read...was fired for racial comments or something like that...here...no official announcements and no rumors of any kind in the press...
Old 17 Sep 2007, 17:04   #86
AndyK
Relentless

I somehow doubt that Meat's band line up would be considered a newsworthy item anywhere in the world, certainly I don't remember any other NLE line up change over the last few decades getting press coverage.

If we start speculating about why Patti is no longer a part of the NLE then we're getting into the dangerous territory I think. Speculating will just take the conversation into the areas that no one wants to see it go.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 17:55   #87
Deb
Mega Loafer

I agree Andy, I don't think it would of made the press either. Not unless the circumstances were even more odd than any of us can imagine anway lol.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 17:59   #88
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
I agree Andy, I don't think it would of made the press either. Not unless the circumstances were even more odd than any of us can imagine anway lol.
Probably...also if Brittney or Paris were part of the band (crosses herself...phew phew devil's spawn!!!)...we would have heard something...god forbid!!!
Old 17 Sep 2007, 18:01   #89
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszee View Post
Probably...also if Brittney or Paris were part of the band (crosses herself...phew phew devil's spawn!!!)...we would have heard something...god forbid!!!

Now theres a thought Thank god for small mercies
Old 17 Sep 2007, 19:27   #90
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

*stops thinking about Randy's hair long enough to type...*

My humble little opinion...band members come and go whether they've been there for a month or a year. My first show was in 1996 and so when Pat Thrall and Steve Buslowe left I was upset about it because I was precious about them being my one and only Meat Loaf band. They left and the 1999 band came in, who also came and left...

The thing is that for people like me who are of the Bat II generation of ML fans, we've seen guitarists and pianists come and go and are "used" to it (for want of a better word), but for those of us from this generation we had never experienced Meat without Patti and to lose her was like losing a part of Meat. I'd say the same for Kasim and John too, I'm be truly gutted if either of those two left because I've never expereinced Meat without them.
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 21:36   #91
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
Another thing we should keep in mind is that line ups of backing bands change all the time, and it's rather unusual for one single person to have such a huge impact that the fans speculate about their leaving even a year after it actually happened.
Perhaps it's something to do with the fact that she was Meats female singing partner for 13 years, so when she left it was noticeable.

Quote:
Speculating will just take the conversation into the areas that no one wants to see it go.
I'd like to see it go into those areas, I could do with a good laugh

Pud
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2007, 00:09   #92
citydweller
Loafer

I cringe a bit when I think of the above post being the last word on this particular subject. But perhaps the discussion did run its course. For those of you who are interested, five more videos from Italy have found their way to youtube thanks to Deb's incredible skill at converting and uploading such things. Some are of Patti and some are of Patti singing with Ellis Hooks, who I hope we'll hear a lot more from.
For some Mustang Sally, all of Shake, some Sweet Soul Music, and more of Patti singing her own songs, check out these recent uploads on youtube:
Patti Russo on youtube
Old 30 Sep 2007, 09:13   #93
Deb
Mega Loafer

Thanks for posting the links Steph

The quality of your videos are great and hearing them songs again yesterday brought back very wonderful memories of some very wonderful people

Deb
Old 30 Sep 2007, 22:32   #94
wolfy35
Dangerous on a full moon

Personally I honestly dont think we will ever know the truth behind why Patti left because there are so many versions out there how would we know what to believe.

My own opinion is that irrespective of why she left Patti's departure has left a hole that can not be filled. She was IMHO the first and only female lead that worked with Meat that was every bit his equal. Her style as with all others is unique but there was something about it that worked so well with the whole NLE not just Meat.

I wish Patti all the best in her career and leave with one thought that has been a personal faveourite of mine for some time now.

For Meat's final concert ( I never want it to happen but we know it will sooner or later )
How about bringing back all the original artists for each track e.g. Cher for dead ringer etc...
Will probably never happen but if it did it would go down in history as the concert the whole world should have watched.
wolfy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2007, 01:03   #95
Pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
I cringe a bit when I think of the above post being the last word on this particular subject.
That's not very nice

Pud
Old 04 Oct 2007, 21:00   #96
citydweller
Loafer

Probably not, but I figured you could handle it

Most of the questions, theories, and speculation have come out of people's genuine curiosity and concern for what happened. I know some of the suggested reasons for her leaving were a bit outlandish, unlikely, or yes, amusing, but I still don't this whole situation is something to poke fun at. There are real people and still real feelings involved, here. I know that you know this. That's why your post surprised me a bit and made me cringe when I saw it.
Old 04 Oct 2007, 22:28   #97
Pudding

People are always going to speculate on what did and didn't happen, and I speculate that Patti, if she ever does read this board, which I doubt, will be pissing herself laughing at all the outlandish theories. From what I've read, there's been no harm nor foul in what people have posted, nor do I suspect there would be, nor do I suspect anyone is going to upset Patti's feelings, willingly or otherwise. So perhaps taking on the role as the 'over-protective mother' is doing Patti a dis-service.

Yes, I know some stuff, and I know you know I know some stuff, which is probably to your displeasure, but that's something we're both going to have to live with.

Pud
Old 04 Oct 2007, 23:25   #98
Sapphire Lady
Mega Loafer

Do the reasons actually matter anymore? Of course we were all shocked, devastated and puzzled at the time but things have moved on. Patti is doing well with her solo career and Aspen sings with Meat now. Nothing lasts forever.
Sapphire Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2007, 23:32   #99
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

I do not see why it matters to be perfectly honest. Patti seems happy and content at the moment and her music is thriving. Why then do we constantly have to bring up the why and what if's when ever a new thing is happening in Patti's solo venture? After all this is a thread dedicated to Patti so shouldn't we show her the respect and loyalty she deserves without keep asking why she left? Just a thought.
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2007, 05:23   #100
Pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Lady View Post
Do the reasons actually matter anymore?
To some they don't, but to others they do.

Patti was/is a big part of some peoples memories and probably will be for quite some time. To say do the reasons matter, is almost accepting that Patti didn't matter, and she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Lady View Post
Of course we were all shocked, devastated and puzzled at the time but things have moved on. Patti is doing well with her solo career and Aspen sings with Meat now. Nothing lasts forever.
Speculation will always be there, questions left unanswered, answers creating more questions, facts being interpretted or misinterpretted depending on how you see them, it's human nature.

I'm more than pleased that Patti has moved on and can't wait to hear more from her, I think she's fantastically under-used talent, but for me there'll always be the 'what if' factor with regards to Bat3 and the tour, and to others I suspect the same. That's why until Patti or Meat or both come out and say what happened, people will always be wondering and asking, that'll never change.

Pud