Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 27 Feb 2018, 21:49   #1
Gez
Knicker thief

Default Amazing news. Meat in London in July :)

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com...1022-meat-loaf
Gez is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 27 Feb 2018, 22:25   #2
stretch37
Mega Loafer

His surgery is going to go great this week now that he's approved with his insurance, and then he'll be feelin' like a million bucks by then, and happy to be out of his damn chair and medical bed!
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2018, 00:53   #3
jcmoorehead
Super Loafer

Would absolutely love to go to this but London is quite a distance and work is going to get very busy for me around that time of the year so likely won't be able to.

If anything though I'm happy to see that he'll be coming over to the UK again. I saw his facebook video the other day with him talking about this and his back surgery, really hope everything goes well for him.
jcmoorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2018, 23:39   #4
batoutofhell3
Loafer

Can’t wait! Just bought a diamond pass!
Really hoping the surgery goes well for him
batoutofhell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2018, 16:32   #5
Danny L
Super Loafer

Bought a ticket. Had to.

Went to the Braver signing but didn't get a picture with Meat, time to amend that
Danny L is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 06 Mar 2018, 08:21   #6
FrancineCyclesTheUS
Junior Loafer

The diamond pass includes a priority seat at the talk.
What does talk mean? Will he tell stories ?
Sorry, I'm totally uninformed ..
FrancineCyclesTheUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2018, 16:50   #7
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancineCyclesTheUS View Post
The diamond pass includes a priority seat at the talk.
What does talk mean? Will he tell stories ?
Sorry, I'm totally uninformed ..
There was a video of one Meat did on Youtube someplace. It is kind of a Q&A session usually and the guest is free to use that as a starting point, some answer the question and move along while others tell stories. I think Meat falls into the story category because he is so entertaining and says himself his Indian name is something like "never shuts up".
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2018, 22:14   #8
S_Caramella
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny L View Post
Bought a ticket. Had to.

Went to the Braver signing but didn't get a picture with Meat, time to amend that
Same here!
S_Caramella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2018, 14:55   #9
nightinr
Super Loafer

How likely is it Meat will be able to make this engagement?
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Apr 2018, 10:04   #10
Guy
Super Loafer

IF. And its only an if Meat is not able to make it to comic con. The website tells me that all tickets are non refundable.
Slightly harsh.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Apr 2018, 20:17   #11
nightinr
Super Loafer

Exactly Guy...that is why I was asking the question. It is a lot of money to fork out if Meat is unfortunately unable to make it for whatever reason.

Last edited by R.; 09 Apr 2018 at 20:05. Reason: Off topic bits removed.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Apr 2018, 23:06   #12
stretch37
Mega Loafer

It's a risk people who really want to see Meat will take. It's akin to a fun game of chance, where the end result has the odds in your favor of getting to see Meat Loaf. It's nice that Meat is willing to agree to participate in events like that, given his current situation, where he could barely move to get out of his medical chair to his medical bed and needed Deborah to help him dress. He really goes there for his fans. Who knows if the surgery will improve his situation or make it worse in the interim period where he is recovering and likely doing physio. I'd wager he'd be there in a wheelchair if he had to. I don't ever doubt his dedication to his fan base. And there are many who would love to see him, and have the extra money to put down on a chance that hey may not show up given a dire health issue. I certainly don't have that kind of money, but if I did, I would do it on the chance I could speak with Meat and see how he is doing in the flesh. I'm assuming they probably need to get a head count to secure people, so I can understand the need have sales be final...
Old 05 Apr 2018, 04:42   #13
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
IF. And its only an if Meat is not able to make it to comic con. The website tells me that all tickets are non refundable.
Slightly harsh.
I'm checking this out. They can certainly refuse refunds on the entry ticket which has to be purchased for any day one attends, but IF Meat were unable to be there the organisers could not fulfill their contract, and I think they'd be on shaky ground
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 05 Apr 2018, 05:01   #14
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

If it works like pro wrestling conventions do if you bought a specific "meet and greet" ticket to meet someone who can't or doesn't appear you get the money back you paid for that specific person. Usually things like Paypal, etc. make sure it happens that you get refunded. However if you purchase an admission ticket that lets you into the event, you probably won't get that back since that covers general admission to the entire event rather than being tied specifically to one individual scheduled to appear. It is 2 separate tickets one of which is specific and one that is not.
I have been going to these events annually since 2000 and they all work this way but I have never been to a convention outside the US or one that was for actors, etc. so those could be totally different, but I suspect it works similarly.
Old 05 Apr 2018, 06:25   #15
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
If it works like pro wrestling conventions do if you bought a specific "meet and greet" ticket to meet someone who can't or doesn't appear you get the money back you paid for that specific person .... However if you purchase an admission ticket that lets you into the event, you probably won't get that back since that covers general admission to the entire event rather than being tied specifically to one individual scheduled to appear. It is 2 separate tickets one of which is specific and one that is not.
That was my thinking. The entry fee for GA is a relatively small risk, and I would not expect that to be refunded. An additional ticket for a package, ie events tied to a named performer, is different and specific, and I don't see how they could not refund that if they could not fulfill what was listed and thus contracted. Good to get that confirmed in writing though
Old 05 Apr 2018, 16:24   #16
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
That was my thinking. The entry fee for GA is a relatively small risk, and I would not expect that to be refunded. An additional ticket for a package, ie events tied to a named performer, is different and specific, and I don't see how they could not refund that if they could not fulfill what was listed and thus contracted. Good to get that confirmed in writing though
That's what I was thinking. It sounds like an entree fee for the event itself, not any specific performer, but yeah definitely worth looking into
Old 05 Apr 2018, 18:23   #17
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

I paid the full Diamond Pass amount plus entry (x2), thinking that if Meat doesn't make it then I'd be refunded everything but the entry price. I'm sure I read it somewhere, rather than just assumed. But there's no way they could keep the full amount if it came to that.
jmfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 05 Apr 2018, 19:36   #18
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

The convention site has a forum. Maybe ask there. I saw where the diamond ticket is for fans of a specific guest so it sounds like you are OK either way.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 06 Apr 2018, 00:24   #19
Guy
Super Loafer

Either way you would all get to meet me as a close substitute. 🤔
Old 06 Apr 2018, 01:19   #20
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Either way you would all get to meet me as a close substitute. ��
i don't believe we've ever met before, and you are a legend within the meat loaf community, so even as a support act i'd guess it's money well spent

but sadly we'll have to meet another time
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 14 Apr 2018, 06:13   #21
CarylB
Mega Loafer

I have had confirmation in writing from the organisers that should Meat not be able to attend there would be a refund for any purchased pass for a specific Meat package, but not for basic entry tickets. As we surmised.

They apparently think the chance to meet Guy would be well worth the entry fee
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 14 Apr 2018, 23:29   #22
Guy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
i don't believe we've ever met before, and you are a legend within the meat loaf community, so even as a support act i'd guess it's money well spent

but sadly we'll have to meet another time
Thats the nicest thing anybody has ever said to me.😄
🤝
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 09 Jul 2018, 15:17   #23
Adje
trying to be realistic

If the internet is correct (who knows) Meat's recovery is slowly progressing but it seems now that he cannot make a long flight because of his back. Which brings his visit to London in jeopardy.

For those who want to attend, maybe good to see if you can reach the organisation first. Perhaps they have new info on his attending (and discuss a possible refund if Meat cannot attend)
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2018, 16:51   #24
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
If the internet is correct (who knows) Meat's recovery is slowly progressing but it seems now that he cannot make a long flight because of his back. Which brings his visit to London in jeopardy.

For those who want to attend, maybe good to see if you can reach the organisation first. Perhaps they have new info on his attending (and discuss a possible refund if Meat cannot attend)
Don't know where you heard that? I heard from him 3 days ago. Yes. his progress is not what he'd hoped, but he confirmed that he will be attending this event, flying in some days before to give him some recovery time. He said he had made the commitment so long ago he felt unable to cancel it.

He will be there, although he's not sure he'll be able to get to the musical which he'd hoped to do. He will not however be part of the NLE/Caleb Johnson tour in the UK this year.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 15 Jul 2018, 14:40   #25
meat_loaf
Man of Steel Hunter of the Beast

Default London Meet Up?

I Have booked a Diamond Pass for the Sundays and will be travelling to London via Coach on the Saturday night getting there early hours on Sunday morning, Anyone fancy meeting up before the event, or is Anyone travelling via from Glasgow Via Coach same as me?
meat_loaf is offline   Reply With Quote